Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:16:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin co-op wholesalers  (Read 5056 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 04:47:33 AM

My wife buys clothing wholesale from several sites. Each wholesaler gives lower prices for larger orders.

How much interest would people have in a website that sifts through wholesale sites, grabs pictures and prices of items and then presents them to Bitcoin retailers that can "pre-order" items and have those pre ordered items show up higher on the list or on the main page and when a certain amount is reached a purchase is sent off and the items are divied up.

For example, we have a shoe category. A pair of blue Nikes gets a lot of interest and moves up toward the top. Retailers seeing that the Nikes could be purchased cheap jump on the order. 100 Nikes are "pre-ordered" and those interested are given a day to purchase (send in their BTC).

Once the Nikes arrive, the site owner sends them off to the retailers individually. Charging shipping and handling based on the size of the order. Since most wholesalers are overseas (see China), a huge shipment sent from a long distance split into smaller shipments locally would still be a decent deal.

We could even have a common website for everyone and the person who lives closest to the buyer gets the money. That way the site gets known for fast shipping. Maybe even same day if a retailer is close enough.

The ideal being that Bitcoin creates a new method of making money other than mining. Instead of a mining rig you get yourself a storage rig and just bring things in and store them and ship them out when needed.

And hopefully the costs are all lower from combined orders and everything being paid in Bitcoin from there.

Thoughts? (I thought it out better in my head than I described.)

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaxSan

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 11:58:02 AM

Its pretty much on the T of an idea I had a while back, kinda like reverse sales. Pay now receive later with a discount. Sounds like a good idea. Id be using it.

If you offer too many products at once though gives people too much choice and expectations of too many people. Best start of with a limited choice of stuff to start with.

I maybe off exactly what your thinking but my best bash at interpreting it xP
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 02:33:11 PM

If you offer too many products at once though gives people too much choice and expectations of too many people. Best start of with a limited choice of stuff to start with.

I agree, starting out would have to be fairly narrowed down as far as products and wholesalers go since if you had 10 retailers all choosing 10 different items from 10 different wholesalers it would defeat the purpose of bulk purchasing.

I guess there are several different levels here. One would be the purchasing side from the wholesaler and the other would be the distribution side and perhaps a third being the actual sales and marketing.

A p2p type of network for each of those levels could be a huge benefit.

Person A may see an order of 1000 Blue Nikes going through at $20 each with a retail value of $50 and want to do nothing but invest in 100 Nikes paying $2,000.

Person B may have a storage unit with enough room for 100 Blue Nike boxes so he makes his storage and shipping costs available for those 100 Blue Nikes.

Person C may be a retailer with a website that puts Blue Nikes on his website for $50 plus $10 shipping and handling.

A shoe sells, Person A gets $30 (the original $20 plus $10), Person B gets $10 for storing and $10 for shipping and handling, Person C gets $10 for selling the shoe.

Each level can have numbers showing a level of trust and perhaps a competing percentage they are willing to take.

The consumer gets decent prices with lower shipping if there are enough distribution centers spread out across the country with the product.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2012, 08:19:35 PM

I have been thinking about this idea more and would like some suggestions on how this could be done in an automated way without the need to have too much trust between co-investors.

It may just need to be separated out at different levels but have everything centralized. That way you can have a one stop location for wholesalers, distributors, retailers, etc. All paying in BTC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: