Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:23:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Investment fund] Gamma Bitcoin Fund [Closed]  (Read 84183 times)
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 12:57:12 PM

Hooray! Is the investor log updated? My balance hasn't changed.
It's updated now, thanks for reminding me Smiley
//DeaDTerra

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackmaninov

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 10:22:35 PM

//DeaDTerra

I enjoy that you're keeping track of our balances down to 12 decimal places (centisatoshis?)  Cheesy
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 10:26:08 PM

//DeaDTerra

I enjoy that you're keeping track of our balances down to 12 decimal places (centisatoshis?)  Cheesy
I used to do it manual and then I only did it down to 3 decimal places, but I found a way to automate it Cheesy
So now it is super exact!
//DeaDTerra
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 10:55:52 PM

Smells awefully like using floats instead of integers to me though...

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 11:04:49 PM

Smells awefully like using floats instead of integers to me though...
I am using Google documents xD it has it's limitations.
//DeaDTerra
Timbo925

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 11:21:31 PM

Will you be investing in your own Piratae Pass Trough? Would be kind of meta  Grin  Tongue
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 11:28:31 PM

Will you be investing in your own Piratae Pass Trough? Would be kind of meta  Grin  Tongue
No I will not, it seems silly to invest into my own asset.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 11:38:47 PM

The weekly report and the log book update will be finished tomorrow Smiley
Due to that my work plus the new IPO has taken a lot of energy and time, it's now a bit to late to engage in such things Tongue
So I will finish it off and post it tomorrow
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 09:38:30 PM

Hey guys sorry for the massive delay on this weekly report, I got a cold so I was kind of out for the counting for a couple of days  Tongue
But I am back to full energy today Cheesy

Weekly Report for 22-29 July 2012
This week I have keep working on selling of PureMining and such non upgradeable Mining Bonds.
While I have bought GigaMining and BitBond which both offer Upgrade paths once the ASIC tech is out and rolling Smiley
BitBond released that they will also be supporting ASIC upgrades, hence I bought 350 of them as I belive that they have now become a good long term investment and also I think this will drive the bond price up.

Not a lot of things have happened to our portfolio this week mostly due to some big withdraws which has left us with a low amount of liquid capital. Hence I have been working on liquidating out assets on GLBSE and clearing up unnecessary and unprofitable assets. With the liquid capital gained by liquidating assets on GLBSE, I have injected them into our margin trading bots.

For now the plan is to keep slowly reducing our GLBSE exposure by getting rid of unwanted GLBSE assets, then moving the freed-up capital into more liquid assets like trading bots and short term loans.

This weeks profit ended up at 1.685%, which is a okay result part of why the performance was not as good as I thought it would be, is due to the price increase, from 8.4 to 8.8$ and now up to 9.5$ and rising. To counter act this I am moving away from volatile sensitive assets and moving into more bonds and loans/ trading bots. That can be profitable even in a volatile market.

Gamma are launching a new asset on Friday, it's a insure pirate pass through, that's Insured by IneedAUserName Smiley
We are offering 2,5% a week in interest rate, with a 100% insurance against pirate default.
For more info check out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=96793.20

//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 03:58:09 PM

Hey guys!
I want your opinion on two points, the first is to invest 300 BTC into GIPPT, as it's run by me it's a conflict of interest and hence I do not feel comfortable making this decision on my own. If you guys agree then I will put 300 BTC into Gippt if not, well then I won't Smiley
The second point is, with the recent release of Pictures of pirate as well as some proof on concept and evidence of what he does, I want to ask the investors once again, would you be okay with a 3-5% exposure to pirate?
I personally believe that the chance of pirate being a ponzi has decreased dramatically over the last couple of weeks but it's always a risk.

Please post here or send me a pm with what your opinion on these two matters are Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Lobstertorch

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:07:43 PM

Hmm... well I'm handling my pirate exposure separately than GBF (by mostly investing in your GIPPT xD and a few other places). However 3-5% isn't much.

I guess I don't really have an opinion on this one, with some pirate exposure it's still a safe fund, just keep it low xD.

As for the 300BTC into GIPPT, I'm worried enough already about the insurance being in pirate... On the flip side 300btc from the entire fund is not really a HUGE deal, and if you are 100% confident in our insurance then go for it I suppose.
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:10:34 PM

Proposal #1:    ...invest 300 BTC into GIPPT...

Proposal #2:    ...3-5% exposure to pirate...

//DeaDTerra

Proposal #1:   I vote YES  (It's something you have your thumb on, and control to a large extent)

Proposal #2:   I vote NO  ( I feel it's not why I find the Gamma fund useful. You're giving us analysis & diversity, but most importantly: (a) access to equity we wouldn't have access to as individual investors, and (b) some freedom from complete exposure to GLBSE as a point of failure (via intelligent diversity)

If I wanted to invest directly in Pirate, I'd use Bitcoinmax and regulate my overall percent exposure that way.

Lobstertorch

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:13:08 PM

//DeaDTerra

Proposal #1:   I vote YES  (It's something you have your thumb on, and control to a large extent)

Proposal #2:   I vote NO  ( I feel it's not why I find the Gamma fund useful. You're giving us analysis & diversity, but most importantly: (a) access to equity we wouldn't have access to as individual investors, and (b) some freedom from complete exposure to GLBSE as a point of failure (via intelligent diversity)

If I wanted to invest directly in Pirate, I'd use Bitcoinmax and regulate my overall percent exposure that way.

After seeing those points I agree,
YES to GIPPT
NO to uninsured pirate.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:23:31 PM

//DeaDTerra

YES to GIPPT
NO to uninsured pirate.
Okay maybe I should explain my path of thought Smiley
The constant price increase makes people avoid buying shares on GLBSE, as buying shares on GLBSE becomes like kind of a shorting. When the USD price increases the GLBSE turns bearish as mentioned previously. I won't go in to the details but anyone that has observed the GLBSE market knows this. When the Bitcoin price increase the GLBSE share prices decrease. No in a 1:1 ratio but still enough for GBF to feel the downward trend of the share prices.

This is fine for anyone that want to gain USD as the ratio is not 1:1, you still gain net value in USD. But for us BTC savers, it's bad as the share prices lose value in BTC. This leads to a hill I have to climb every time the price increases, as our portfolio value decreases. I have tried liquidating but as mentioned previously due to the bearish market and out big investments (we are huge compared to the average trader on GLBSE), liquidating is hard and slow.

Hence I want to move into stable bonds/deposits which are not effected by the market. Most of these are somehow connected to pirate, unfortunately and to counter act the dropping GLBSE market, I was thinking if we invest a couple of percent then we can counter act the lose of portfolio value.

But it's up to you guys Smiley

I will keep doing my best with what I have.
//DeaDTerra
Lobstertorch

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 04:53:44 PM

//DeaDTerra

YES to GIPPT
NO to uninsured pirate.
Okay maybe I should explain my path of thought Smiley
The constant price increase makes people avoid buying shares on GLBSE, as buying shares on GLBSE becomes like kind of a shorting. When the USD price increases the GLBSE turns bearish as mentioned previously. I won't go in to the details but anyone that has observed the GLBSE market knows this. When the Bitcoin price increase the GLBSE share prices decrease. No in a 1:1 ratio but still enough for GBF to feel the downward trend of the share prices.

This is fine for anyone that want to gain USD as the ratio is not 1:1, you still gain net value in USD. But for us BTC savers, it's bad as the share prices lose value in BTC. This leads to a hill I have to climb every time the price increases, as our portfolio value decreases. I have tried liquidating but as mentioned previously due to the bearish market and out big investments (we are huge compared to the average trader on GLBSE), liquidating is hard and slow.

Hence I want to move into stable bonds/deposits which are not effected by the market. Most of these are somehow connected to pirate, unfortunately and to counter act the dropping GLBSE market, I was thinking if we invest a couple of percent then we can counter act the lose of portfolio value.

But it's up to you guys Smiley

I will keep doing my best with what I have.
//DeaDTerra

Up to you! I could go either way, but I think that the majority of people will at the least support the GIPPT idea. It does suck to lose coins in the fund Sad, maybe just have the direct pirate exposure of 3-5% very temporary?
OneEyed
aka aurele

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 05:15:04 PM

Up to you! I could go either way, but I think that the majority of people will at the least support the GIPPT idea. It does suck to lose coins in the fund Sad, maybe just have the direct pirate exposure of 3-5% very temporary?

+1

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:18:06 PM

Okay so this is the idea for now Smiley
I will exchange our loan with INAU (same terms as GIPPT) for GIPPT shares, it's exactly the same risk and reward as the bonds.
So I will buy 1000 of them (same amount as we had in loans previously), then I will place the rest of our liquid capital into trading bots and deposits Smiley
I am currently also working on liquidating some of our GLBSE assets, so hopefully our GLBSE exposure should go down by a couple of hundred BTC soon.
//DeaDTerra
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 05:22:09 PM

As long as the risk is managed smartly, I support whatever decisions you make.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 05:22:50 PM

+1

In my opinion, if people want to take the risk for pirate, let them  place the appropriately sized amount to risk in GIPPT on their own. I see GBF more as a safe place to park coins rather than a riskier growth fund.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 05:23:44 PM

As long as the risk is managed smartly, I support whatever decisions you make.
It's a weighed risk Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: