Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:13:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Investment fund] Gamma Bitcoin Fund [Closed]  (Read 84177 times)
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 09:51:41 PM

I know some of your are waiting on withdraws,
but the profit payout as well as the withdraws/deposits will wait until tomorrow. As I am to tired and the chance of me making a mistake is to big xD
 Sorry guys, but I would rather delay it then fuck something up.
//DeaDTerra

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 10:00:30 PM

but the profit payout as well as the withdraws/deposits will wait until tomorrow. As I am to tired and the chance of me making a mistake is to big xD
//DeaDTerra

if you want a way to automate withdrawals/dividends, I could probably write a quick php or js script to do it for you, would probably save us all some hassle.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 10:05:26 PM

//DeaDTerra

if you want a way to automate withdrawals/dividends, I could probably write a quick php or js script to do it for you, would probably save us all some hassle.
The calculations still has to be made xD
That's where the real trouble is, but it will be automated soon Smiley
I have a web site developer working on it, once we get the GBF website up and going most of my manual work will be gone.
//DeaDTerra
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 10:38:11 PM

//DeaDTerra

Here's a quick-n-simple one you can use:

10 While(Bitcoins>0)
20 SendBitcoins(LoweryCBS)
30 EndWhile
40 Publish(WhatHappenedToAllTheBitcoins?IDon'tKnow)
50 EndGamma
jackmaninov

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 10:39:10 PM

I have a web site developer working on it, once we get the GBF website up and going most of my manual work will be gone.
//DeaDTerra

Any ETA on the site? Will it be replacing spreadsheet updates? Will the site be accessible by JSON or anything? I ask because I'm currently pulling my cell in the GBF Investors List spreadsheet automatically into another spreadsheet for my own calculations, and would like to be able to continue doing something like this.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 08:44:07 AM

//DeaDTerra

Any ETA on the site? Will it be replacing spreadsheet updates? Will the site be accessible by JSON or anything? I ask because I'm currently pulling my cell in the GBF Investors List spreadsheet automatically into another spreadsheet for my own calculations, and would like to be able to continue doing something like this.
No ETA the guy that's doing it is busy but it will come along soon I guess Tongue
The spreadsheets will still be there, the website will get it's info from the spreadsheets Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 11:16:45 AM

We finished at a negative rate this week of -0.672%
The balance has been updated and the withdraws has been sent out Smiley
Weekly report will be released tomorrow.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:11:19 PM

Hey guys!
I have a fun story and a semi sad news for you guys. What to start with first? hm, let's go with the story first Tongue

Okay, so today I got called up by the first bitcoineer, he was a nice Swedish guy that wanted to know about the fund. It was kind of scary that it's so easy to find my phone number online but it was quite fun xD
We had a nice chat about, Gamma, Pirate, the bitcoin economy and in the end we decided to meet at the London conference Cheesy
I have to say though, please email me before you call it's kinda creepy being called by a unknown number, a lot nicer if I am prepared for it Tongue
But thanks for the call I appreciate it!

Okay to the semi sad part, I am shutting down withdraws for the next two up and coming weeks, (might be more might be less). Before you come at me with the pitchforks and the torches screaming "PONZI!". let me explain, firstly calm down, you know me I am not planning on running away or defaulting on you guys! The case is as follows, you know GBF is currently struggling with the Bitcoin price increase and the bearish GLBSE market. It's normally fine as I can do manual flip trading to keep us over 0% profit boundary. But the recent couple of weeks I have been getting 1000-2000 BTC withdraws each week with only a couple of hundred btc in deposits. I am doing my best to try to liquidate fast enough from GLBSE, but anyone that has been there recently knows how hard it is to liquidate a couple of thousand btc without crashing the market. It's not something that can be done within a couple of days.

Hence I am shuting down withdraws for a while, to let me get some breathing air. To get a buffert of liquid btc, that I can flip/margin trade with and payout withdraws with. Once I have a good amount I will start paying out withdraws again, I know this is a leap of faith and that some of you might doubt me, might want to get out as fast as possible. But think of this, you have already taken the biggest step, trusting me from the start! So I am asking you, trust me once again on this one, I need to build up a buffert and to do this I need time, please give me that time.

All withdraw request sent previous to this post will be paid out.

//DeaDTerra
cst

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

The Cosmos doesn't care about you.

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:33:38 PM

Hence I am shuting down withdraws for a while
//DeaDTerra

It's a Ponzi, I knew it! How could we have been so stupid...

On a serious note, I trust you this time as well. Expecting some BS post form Micon anytime now though hehe;)
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:36:18 PM

Hence I am shuting down withdraws for a while
//DeaDTerra

It's a Ponzi, I knew it! How could we have been so stupid...

On a serious note, I trust you this time as well. Expecting some BS post form Micon anytime now though hehe;)
Yea I am a bit sad that I was not yet invited to Micons party Sad
I mean I must be a ponzi right? xD
//DeaDTerra
LoweryCBS

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 11:23:06 PM

I am shutting down withdraws for the next two up and coming weeks...

//DeaDTerra

I agree with your temporary withdrawal shutdown.

Also consider doing some additional promotion to add investors.

Thanks for the all work and attention you put into this!

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 07:29:22 AM

Wouldn't it be better to allow for new investors again instead of shutting down withdrawals? Huh

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 07:56:44 AM

I am shutting down withdraws for the next two up and coming weeks...

//DeaDTerra

I agree with your temporary withdrawal shutdown.

Also consider doing some additional promotion to add investors.

Thanks for the all work and attention you put into this!

Wouldn't it be better to allow for new investors again instead of shutting down withdrawals? Huh
New investors are currently open due to the many withdraws and yes that would be the most optimal way to do it, but unfortunately the amount of new investors are lower then the amount of old investors leaving.
//DeaDTerra
OneEyed
aka aurele

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 08:54:26 AM

No limit until the 6th on July, at the 6th of July, deposits will be closed for a unknown time.

If you want to attract new investors, maybe you should drop this from the OP.

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 09:01:29 AM

I thought about investing, however I am unhappy with the move away from GLBSE and into ventures like ziggystar (a badly paying PPT imho) - but good luck with your fund nevertheless!

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 10:46:38 AM

I thought about investing, however I am unhappy with the move away from GLBSE and into ventures like ziggystar (a badly paying PPT imho) - but good luck with your fund nevertheless!

Its not good to have all your eggs in the one basket in case something happens to glbse.

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 12:41:53 PM

Yes, however I rather like focussed funds, not "we cover all markets/jack-of-all-trades" funds. It seems at least people with ~10k BTC in total think differently, so the idea certainly is also worth something...

Using GLBSE for far over 1 year now I a fairly confident that Nefario won't pull a Bitcoinica anytime soon.

LoweryCBS

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 01:29:54 PM

Yes, however I rather like focussed funds, not "we cover all markets/jack-of-all-trades" funds. It seems at least people with ~10k BTC in total think differently, so the idea certainly is also worth something...

Using GLBSE for far over 1 year now I a fairly confident that Nefario won't pull a Bitcoinica anytime soon.

One reason I like this fund is it's limited exposure to GLBSE.

I'm not worried about Nefario, I'm concerned about some regulatory agency getting involved.

I've got the bulk of my own at-work coins on GLBSE, and don't personally have the off-GLBSE connections that a large fund manager has access to.

I think once the BTCST matter settles (Ponzi or not, it can't go on much longer: the math just ain't there) there will be people with coins looking for investments. I'm sure that the current withdrawls from GAMMA are pirateat40-rate-seekers.

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 03:26:42 PM

Its not good to have all your eggs in the one basket in case something happens to glbse.

One reason I like this fund is it's limited exposure to GLBSE.

I'm not worried about Nefario, I'm concerned about some regulatory agency getting involved.

I've got the bulk of my own at-work coins on GLBSE, and don't personally have the off-GLBSE connections that a large fund manager has access to.

I think once the BTCST matter settles (Ponzi or not, it can't go on much longer: the math just ain't there) there will be people with coins looking for investments. I'm sure that the current withdrawls from GAMMA are pirateat40-rate-seekers.

Gamma Bitcoin Funds strength is that it's diversified, too lower risk of high loses from defaults and such. Hence one of the things I wish to do is to reduce out GLBSE exposure, but this doesn't mean that we shouldn't invest in GLBSE, we should there are tons of good deals on there. But maybe in smaller volumes and only a select amount of share/bonds Smiley

I trust Nefario, he is one of the most public person in the bitcoin community. The chance of him running away is slime to non.

I am currently working on a deal that might help us liquidate some of our assets Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Ignatius

Activity: 409

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 10:14:04 PM

I am sorry to hear about the withdrawals and various factors making things more difficult for you DT.

I very recently withdrew my deposit after about 4 weeks time, but it was small compared to the totals referred to above. Communications with DT during that time were great, always prompt responses. I opted to rollover profits and not take any payouts, and successfully received my deposit plus profits once requested.

I hope things begin to go a little more smoothly for you DT, if I can come up with some spare coin I'll have no problem depositing again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: