Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:22:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Investment fund] Gamma Bitcoin Fund [Closed]  (Read 84183 times)
Timbo925

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:24:52 AM

I like the offer but do see a problem with the buffer.
I invested 50 BTC total and due to some bad luck with the fund I'm currently not in making any profit. Now if those shares would be on GLBSE this would mean even if we make profit now I wouldn't get a dividend for a long time. This sort of things will drive the price down of the asset on the market. So if I'm correct if I sell the shares the other person will buy over the depth I have towards the asset.
The price will be lower than the 'real' value, if you would offer to buyback shares on GLBSE for the real value at the time it would be an option.

Other option might be that you don't use GLBSE but just keep it as it is now. You can offer withdraw for no fee and these could take upto 2 weeks (this way you ensure you don't lose liquidity for the daytrading / current investors don't lose when ppl withdrawn.) Option 2 would be a 1-3% fee but you get your funds back within 2 days or something.

Just my 2 bitcents Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:36:38 AM

I like the offer but do see a problem with the buffer.
I invested 50 BTC total and due to some bad luck with the fund I'm currently not in making any profit. Now if those shares would be on GLBSE this would mean even if we make profit now I wouldn't get a dividend for a long time. This sort of things will drive the price down of the asset on the market. So if I'm correct if I sell the shares the other person will buy over the depth I have towards the asset.
The price will be lower than the 'real' value, if you would offer to buyback shares on GLBSE for the real value at the time it would be an option.

Other option might be that you don't use GLBSE but just keep it as it is now. You can offer withdraw for no fee and these could take upto 2 weeks (this way you ensure you don't lose liquidity for the daytrading / current investors don't lose when ppl withdrawn.) Option 2 would be a 1-3% fee but you get your funds back within 2 days or something.

Just my 2 bitcents Wink
The problem with not having a buffer is that then if the fund would produce negative numbers, the account balance would drop hence also the face value of the bond.
I would like to offer buyback at full value the problem is the same as offering instant withdraws it requires liquid Bitcoins which costs money and costs opportunity.

The problem right now is that I can't offer a good withdraw plan to the short term investors, and as someone pointed out holding someone elses assets against their will might be illegal Sad Which I would like to avoid. Hence I would like to split up the short term and long term investors into two different systems each that supports that investors needs.
I don't really want to take a fee on withdraw, plus it can be used. Say we have a 2% withdraw fee but the profit of that week is -3% then you can cheat the system by withdrawing before the profit calculations.

Thank you very much for you feedback Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Timbo925

Activity: 352

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:46:28 AM

Good points. Keeping both investors split does indeed sound like a good idea.
Also would protect long term investors from the short term once Smiley
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:49:24 AM

*smart fund manager saying smart stuff*
//DeaDTerra

I'm very encouraged by the direction you are taking this.

Whatever pays me the highest rate, and leave the money with you for the longest commitment.

Put me in the "Gamma Gold Group" (and I think you should name it that, too)
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 11:58:48 AM

Good points. Keeping both investors split does indeed sound like a good idea.
Also would protect long term investors from the short term once Smiley
Thank you I have spent a lot of time thinking off how to best solve our problems, but I could always be wrong or have a major flaw in my logic, that's why I like bouncing it with you guys first. Also because you have a say, it's your money Smiley

*smart fund manager saying smart stuff*
//DeaDTerra

I'm very encouraged by the direction you are taking this.

Whatever pays me the highest rate, and leave the money with you for the longest commitment.

Put me in the "Gamma Gold Group" (and I think you should name it that, too)

Thank you, I am trying to improve Gamma, so that we can give the best service to all our investors independent on their size of capital, or preference in time terms Smiley
This is not yet locked in stone I am going to ask some of my advisors (a group of people in skype that I usually check my ideas with to make sure they are solid).
If everyone agrees it's a good idea and the investors (you guys) agree, I will start working on the IPO Smiley

//DeaDTerra
Dr.Steve

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 12:50:14 PM

Investments all follow the same rules.
If it seems too good to be true, it’s a bad investment.
TANSTAAFL
Your mileage may vary
High return always equals high risk. A very tiny percentage of funds can go there.
You can’t beat the market unless you own the market.
Slow and steady wins the race and small steady gains become impressive over time.
Cut losses at 10%.
Take profits at 15% and re-balance portfolio
Re-balance portfolio on a regular basis (monthly)

I am a long term investor, but in my 3+ month with the GF, my losses are approaching 10%. The underlying BTC asset has increased in value since then, which mitigates my loss. But for me, if my investment in the GF crosses the 10% threshold in losses, I’m gonna take to the exits.

Dr.Steve
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:23:30 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2012, 02:00:09 PM by DeaDTerra

Investments all follow the same rules.
If it seems too good to be true, it’s a bad investment.
TANSTAAFL
Your mileage may vary
High return always equals high risk. A very tiny percentage of funds can go there.
You can’t beat the market unless you own the market.
Slow and steady wins the race and small steady gains become impressive over time.
Cut losses at 10%.
Take profits at 15% and re-balance portfolio
Re-balance portfolio on a regular basis (monthly)

I am a long term investor, but in my 3+ month with the GF, my losses are approaching 10%. The underlying BTC asset has increased in value since then, which mitigates my loss. But for me, if my investment in the GF crosses the 10% threshold in losses, I’m gonna take to the exits.

Dr.Steve
Sad to hear that Sad
Oh well, best of luck with future investment and I am sorry for your loses :8
I will add you to the list of withdraws

Never mind.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:55:32 AM

I have launched yet another Gamma project, this time it's a pass through to MPex for the share SatoshiDICE
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102181.0
//DeaDTerra
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 04:37:03 AM

Hi Gamma!

Hope you are doing well Smiley Just wanted to check if any of the fund was invested in pirate (directly or indirectly).

Thanks!

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 05:08:33 PM

If you have sent me a message or a email, you will have it answered soon Smiley
I have been very busy with the new IPO and such.
I am going to go through all the messages and emails, then go onto GBF investments and the log book!

//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 06:26:34 PM

I have written a draft on the infrastructure changes!
It's important that all investors read this and give me feedback on it, everyone will be effected.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kcWMLOT7j7wLutz5mcUCcb69mzP2DQjXk93vUhpatnI/edit?pli=1
//DeaDTerra
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 06:27:30 PM

Do you have a link to the draft?
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 06:31:00 PM

Do you have a link to the draft?
Hahah sorry about that xD. It's up Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 06:53:00 PM

Please give me some feedback regarding the infeastructure changes Smiley
What's good, what's bad?

On another note, if anyone on the withdraw list would accept shares instead of liquid BTC contact me.
//DeaDTerra
burger

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 07:06:06 PM

What's good, what's bad?

On another note, if anyone on the withdraw list would accept shares instead of liquid BTC contact me.
//DeaDTerra

Hi, I think this is a nice change, but how will you keep track on the long term and short term investors?

I think I will be a long term investor when/if this changes take effect.

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 07:26:27 PM

What's good, what's bad?

//DeaDTerra

Hi, I think this is a nice change, but how will you keep track on the long term and short term investors?

I think I will be a long term investor when/if this changes take effect.
Hello
The short term will trade their balance for GLBSE shares.
Hence they will have no personal account with GBF.
If you want a account you must be a long term investor.
//DeaDTerra
strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 07:31:18 PM

Hi!

These sound like good options.

Will it be possible to split current investment- for example 50% long term, and 50% short term?

Or will it be all or nothing one way or the other?

Thanks.

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 07:33:15 PM

Hi!

These sound like good options.

Will it be possible to split current investment- for example 50% long term, and 50% short term?

Or will it be all or nothing one way or the other?

Thanks.
You can split, you simply buy shares and open a account with me.
Though I will not have any conversion back of forth as it's a big waste of my time.
I want the new system to be more efficient then the current one so I can focus on investing instead of management.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 08:23:34 AM

Thanks for all the positive feedback from all off you Smiley
Though I don't need your decision just yet. We will probably switch to the new system next week, then you can email/pm me with your decision and we  will set it up Smiley
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 09:48:59 AM

Hi!
This is a mid week update.
As mentioned several weeks ago the portfolio has gone through a purging or cleansing if you will, where I have removed and sold off the assets I think were bad or not performing up to our standards. We are almost there, there are two more assets which I think still needs to be removed which are ZIP.A and Rebate. After these have been removed I think our portfolio looks very strong and could perform very well. There are several reasons why this took a lot longer then I thought, the people that have followed the fund will know the bumps in the road so to speak to get to this point. But we are here and I am asking for a leap of faith, There are now about 1000 BTC in the withdraw queue, this withdraw queue is one of the things which has slowed down and reduced our performance throughout this trip towards a good portfolio.

The withdraw problems was not something I saw coming but I have realized is that the current system is flawed and sub optimal for us when we move forward. The chance of bank runs and panic, is to strong. The problem is not in it self that people want to withdraw but that with to many large withdraws that dry out our withdraw "hot wallet", we have to start liquidating assets. Assets as we all know are less then optimal in the sense of liquidity, at least loans,bonds and shares. This leads to that I have to prioritize withdraws over, manual trading,bulk orders, bot trading (margin/arbitrage) and deposit services, as they are more liquid-able then the other assets. As these are the investments that goes well during a bullish bitcoin rally, this has added to the bad performance,

So, what's the plan?
The plan is to cleanse the portfolio from the last bad investments (ZIP.A, Rebate etc), There are two ways to do this, reduce the price slowly and wait for some kind of last dividend or put the bonds value at 0 and take all the loses at once. I would prefer to just take all the loses at once and then move forward with our new and strong portfolio. But to do this I am going to need your help, This is hopefully going to be the LAST negative performance in a long time, our portfolio now consists of only good assets and a great mix of them as well. But what I need from you guys if to trust me this last time, I can turn this around, I can produce profit, I am confident in our portfolio and my ability. I need your help though, by trusting me and not panicking, I can deal with the withdraws at hand and get back to my usual work. Get back to all the things I have had to cut to produce more liquid BTC faster. For those of you that have the courage and the trust for me, I would like to ask for deposits, help me get more liquid btc into the system and we can get back on the road to profit faster.
I know I am asking for a lot, I am asking for a huge favor, to trust someone you don't know even though there has been a history of bad performance, but look beyond that look back at what GBF has done before, what we have done in our glory days. We can do that again but I need your help!

What makes you so confident this will not happen again?
Well with the new system, we will limit the amount of withdraws and we will be able to plan the liquidation a head of time which will help us keep as much of our capital in investments until we need to liquidate them to withdraws. This enabled us to invest more capital for a longer period of time, generally this also means more profit ^^. Because we are not responsible to keep a huge withdraw "hot wallet", I can spend out capital in investment instead of having to save them for new withdraws. I think the new system is far more superior than the old one and that it will lead to that the same problem will not happen again.

This is DeaDTerra asking for a leap of faith, will you jump?

As per usual please post your thoughts and questions Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: