Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:52:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Investment fund] Gamma Bitcoin Fund [Closed]  (Read 84183 times)
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 07:10:41 PM

Regarding Gigamining, make sure you wait as long as possible to convert to Teramining.  I made the mistake of converting on the first possible day, and I have since lost 50 Bitcoins in dividends because when you convert you lose your Gigamining contract.  Since the Teramining hardware hasn't been delivered yet, I'm earning nothing.
Ah okay,
I will make sure to wait as long as possible ^^
//DeaDTerra

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burger

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2013, 08:40:37 PM

To answer everyone's questions.
I would not take all the profit if we end up getting back more then 100% (I highly doubt it).
I would take the 5% originally agreed to.
I am not looking to hold ASICMINER for a longer period of time, I am looking to sell them once I think the time is right.
What are you guys attitude towards selling the shares?
Would you like to see a sale, if so how many of the shares and at what price?
As for the GIGAMINING claim, I have talked to James and I am looking to submit the claim sometime next week.
//DeaDTerra

Don't sell the ASICMINER shares until you got back 100%. or at least sell when you will get back 100% (with the dividend included)

strello

Activity: 234

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 01:27:16 AM

How about transferring them to your G.ASICMINER-PT, then proportionally distributing them so everyone can decide for themselves what to do with them.

This would help you get towards your 5000 shares on the passthrough, and much closer to a seat on the board, and all us investors a choice about what to do with our share of our ASICMINER shares.

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 07:16:51 AM

How about transferring them to your G.ASICMINER-PT, then proportionally distributing them so everyone can decide for themselves what to do with them.

Voila!

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
fassadlr

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 07:49:15 AM

Hi DT!

Apologies if this has been answered before but I haven't been on this forum for sometime. Can you please explain how the investors are paid out from any BTC you "recover"? Are they paid out in order/investor number or is everyone paid proportionally when any pay outs are done?

I just want to know how this process works Smiley

Thanks in advance!
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 02:32:42 PM

Voila!
The problem is this only works in a perfect world, it will be to much fractions to this to end up being fair.
Hence I am not sure how to distribute them perfectly so that people feel they are being treated fair.
//DeaDTerra
Hi DT!

Apologies if this has been answered before but I haven't been on this forum for sometime. Can you please explain how the investors are paid out from any BTC you "recover"? Are they paid out in order/investor number or is everyone paid proportionally when any pay outs are done?

I just want to know how this process works Smiley

Thanks in advance!
Hello Smiley
The payouts are proportional to your part of the fund.
//DeaDTerra
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 05:12:31 PM

Voila!
The problem is this only works in a perfect world, it will be to much fractions to this to end up being fair.
Hence I am not sure how to distribute them perfectly so that people feel they are being treated fair.
//DeaDTerra

Great idea strello!   Cool

I for one am not at all bothered about the fraction of a share.

Just round our portions down to the nearest whole number and settle the rest in BTC later.  What's so hard about that?

My main concern is that GBF owns 4,607 ASICMINER shares purchased for BTC0.1 and which now sell for around BTC0.7 on the Bitfunder pass-through.

Let's use G.ASICMINER-PT to free up some of the assets which have been stuck in GBF for a very long time.

Perfect is the enemy of good...

Perfect is the enemy of good is an aphorism or proverb meaning that insisting on perfection often results in no improvement at all.  The phrase is commonly attributed to Voltaire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_is_the_enemy_of_good

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 05:31:26 PM

Voila!
//DeaDTerra

Great idea strello!   Cool

I for one am not at all bothered about the fraction of a share.

Just round our portions down to the nearest whole number and settle the rest in BTC later.  What's so hard about that?

My main concern is that GBF owns 4,607 ASICMINER shares purchased for BTC0.1 and which now sell for around BTC0.7 on the Bitfunder pass-through.

Let's use G.ASICMINER-PT to free up some of the assets which have been stuck in GBF for a very long time.

Perfect is the enemy of good...

Perfect is the enemy of good is an aphorism or proverb meaning that insisting on perfection often results in no improvement at all.  The phrase is commonly attributed to Voltaire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_is_the_enemy_of_good

Agreed! This is a great idea, I think we would all love to be in full control of our proportion of ASICMINER shares.

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
CecilNiosaki

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 05:41:22 PM

I'm mixed about whether we should hold them or sell them. Selling them at .7 would get us roughly 50% of the fund's value back, but I would need to see what the shares are paying out to know mathematically which is a better idea. I trust Ludvig to make the decision.

I'm not too sure I want to be in possession of my shares either. There was a reason I chose to invest in Gamma Bitcoin Fund over directly investing in the GLBSE.
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 08:35:49 PM

We can do an e-mail poll to find out what investors want.
I personally don't need any ASICMINER shares. I just want GBF to run until it's all paid back.

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 09:31:17 PM

While I would like to divide the shares, I think it's too much work which will go in to it and I know that several investors. Invested in the fund as they didn't want to deal with exchanges and assets themself,
Hence I think it's best if we do as we have previously done and sell the shares and payout the bitcoins made.
Then each person can decide what to do with this payment, if you think ASICMINER is a good investment, then you can buy the shares on BitFunder Smiley
I am thinking of putting up all the shares at 0.7 BTC,
What do you guys think?
This will enable me to pay out about 50% more of the total fund amount, which will bring us up to 70%.
//DeaDTerra
CecilNiosaki

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 09:54:34 PM

While I would like to divide the shares, I think it's too much work which will go in to it and I know that several investors. Invested in the fund as they didn't want to deal with exchanges and assets themself,
Hence I think it's best if we do as we have previously done and sell the shares and payout the bitcoins made.
Then each person can decide what to do with this payment, if you think ASICMINER is a good investment, then you can buy the shares on BitFunder Smiley
What do you guys think?
This will enable me to pay out about 50% more of the total fund amount, which will bring us up to 70%.
//DeaDTerra

What amount of BTC is the fund getting from ASICMINER shares monthly?
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2013, 10:35:20 PM

What do you guys think?
//DeaDTerra

I support this plan.

strello

View Profile
March 04, 2013, 11:30:14 PM

If you put them all up at 0.7, will they get 100% of any future dividends while they are waiting to be sold? And these dividends will, of course come back to GBF.

If that's the case, then I think it's a good idea to put them up for sale. I think it could be a while until they sell at that price.

But can you explain more clearly the "Supplemental dividend plan". What you have written on the Bitfunder profile isn't very clear.

What concerns me is that it seems like you will be getting an ASICMINER board seat and hence an ASIC mining unit, if I understand correctly, through selling off our GBF shares. Or am I wrong? Will this benefit GBF, or just you, or just holders of the G.ASICMINER-PT shares?

If you were to distribute our shares amongst GBF shareholders as G.ASICMINER-PT shares, wouldn't we then get any future ASICMINER dividends, plus the "Supplemental dividend", plus of course any profit if we wished to sell our own shares.

Wouldn't this be a much better deal for GBF shareholders?

My GPG key
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 12:54:05 AM

What do you guys think?
//DeaDTerra

Please do not sell, as least not mine part. Lets wait for dividends first! We can have cake and eat cake.

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2013, 12:58:39 AM

Please do not sell, as least not mine part. Lets wait for dividends first! We can have cake and eat cake.

What are we anticipating in terms of dividends?  And future dividends?  Does ASICMiner intend on paying out dividends indefinitely?

strello

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 01:19:45 AM

It's not easy to say exactly what the dividends will be.

Deprived explains some of it here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148350.msg1583279#msg1583279

and here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148350.msg1583343#msg1583343

Dividends will probably be paid on Thursdays, I don't think anyone knows how much each dividend might be.

My GPG key
Ukyo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 02:36:11 AM

If you put them all up at 0.7, will they get 100% of any future dividends while they are waiting to be sold? And these dividends will, of course come back to GBF.

If that's the case, then I think it's a good idea to put them up for sale. I think it could be a while until they sell at that price.

But can you explain more clearly the "Supplemental dividend plan". What you have written on the Bitfunder profile isn't very clear.

What concerns me is that it seems like you will be getting an ASICMINER board seat and hence an ASIC mining unit, if I understand correctly, through selling off our GBF shares. Or am I wrong? Will this benefit GBF, or just you, or just holders of the G.ASICMINER-PT shares?

If you were to distribute our shares amongst GBF shareholders as G.ASICMINER-PT shares, wouldn't we then get any future ASICMINER dividends, plus the "Supplemental dividend", plus of course any profit if we wished to sell our own shares.

G.ASICMINER-PT should already have enough shares for a test board. It just needs Terra to confirm with Friedcat now I think.

As for the mining board dividends, it seems that the board will mine on a pool, and pay out 95% of earnings to all held G.ASICMINER-PT shares equally.

If the shares are moved to G.ASICMINER-PT, then I would hope that any dividends earned while they are there are passed on to GBF. Not sure where else they would go. Smiley
Also since there is no dividend fee on G.ASICMINER-PT there should be no loss.

As for the rest... that's all I got. Smiley

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:36:00 AM

Whilst I would not like to see them sold now, with the currrent hype (and glancing at the auctions forum and btct.co) we should be able to get more than 0.7.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
March 05, 2013, 03:55:25 AM

+1 agreed.

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: