Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:34:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ann] CoinDL - Buy with Bitcoin: Now only 1% fee on Coupon & Gift Codes  (Read 21532 times)
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 01:30:33 AM

Via PWYW I can pay 1 Satoshi and the receipt claims I paid "0.000 BTC" which is mathematically correct but … I insist I did not pay 0BTC.

That's like buying a car and getting a receipt that claims I paid G$0.000

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weex (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 02:05:30 AM

If you would like a refund, we will gladly refund 0.000 BTC.  Tongue

That is a bug that will be fixed shortly. Who knew all 8 decimal places of precision would be needed so soon?
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 07:53:24 AM

Hi weex - I got my stuff up, but am somewhat confused over the album preview. Should it appear on the main album page? Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95234.0

I poked around the dashboard, but found no obvious means of enabling the preview.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
mintymark

Activity: 286
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 09:38:05 AM

Cool beans. I like this!

I had a few issues:

1) I coppied the address to pay and then, being a happless clicker, clicked off to another page.
        I made my payment but nothing happened. :-(
    2) I paid another address, or tried to but my bitcoin client would not accept it. Its invalid. (14A7ULdCNBWUAgoS6yaEYm9LxT4fRxP5W)
        Firefox does show these addresses a bit outside of the box, maybe their is a character missing.

Actually I have been working on a similar site for a while. But mine has no content (well none worth anything) and no flashy graphics, although it does allow upload.
It would be rude to post here, but launch perhaps in a few days...

[[ All Tips gratefully received!!  ]]
15ta5d1N8mKkgC47SRWmnZABEFyP55RrqD
TravisE

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:47:23 PM

Sorry if this question has an obvious answer, but is there a way to find out what specific file format a given product on the site is in? If I were to purchase something, I'd certainly want to be sure it were something I'd be able to use first.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 12:21:26 AM

Hi weex - I got my stuff up, but am somewhat confused over the album preview. Should it appear on the main album page? Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95234.0

I poked around the dashboard, but found no obvious means of enabling the preview.
Hey jbreher,

The album preview doesn't appear on the main album page since each song has an individual preview. You are welcome to upload new song previews one-by-one if you prefer.

I put your album on the front page so hopefully that'll help drive some sales!

-weex

weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 04:30:47 AM

Cool beans. I like this!

I had a few issues:

1) I coppied the address to pay and then, being a happless clicker, clicked off to another page.
        I made my payment but nothing happened. :-(
    2) I paid another address, or tried to but my bitcoin client would not accept it. Its invalid. (14A7ULdCNBWUAgoS6yaEYm9LxT4fRxP5W)
        Firefox does show these addresses a bit outside of the box, maybe their is a character missing.

Actually I have been working on a similar site for a while. But mine has no content (well none worth anything) and no flashy graphics, although it does allow upload.
It would be rude to post here, but launch perhaps in a few days...
1) PM the address you sent to and approximately when and we'll reply with a download link.
2) That's interesting. Guess that box needs to be a little bigger.

In regards to your site, and if you are so inclined, pm the details or when you launch. Maybe we can work together to expand the market for the arts available for BTC!
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 05:58:50 AM

Sorry if this question has an obvious answer, but is there a way to find out what specific file format a given product on the site is in? If I were to purchase something, I'd certainly want to be sure it were something I'd be able to use first.
All music on the site is in MP3 format currently but beyond that, the item description would have to list the formats included with the download. If you have a question about a specific item, please reply or email info@coindl.com.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 12:54:36 AM

Sellers,

A new feature was just released that enables you to set multiple bitcoin addresses for payment. In addition, each address can be sent a percentage of your payments. This can be useful if you have someone who will help get the word out about your works and you'd like to send them a cut. Just get their Bitcoin address and give them 1% or more of your funds.

If you would like to remove an address set its percentage to 0 and be sure all the remaining addresses add up to 100.

Note that extremely small payments may be rounded to nothing if you split evenly but then again those are the 100 satoshis or less payments that would have any such problem.

Thanks,

weex

perlboy

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 11:12:38 PM

I'm wondering why someone doesn't start a service where they offer a download service with two rules:
- the site wont check what the file is
- the site doesn't allow file names, every file gets an unique ID and that's it

Then you'd need to have another site owned by someone else, maybe hidden via TOR with a forum where each ID is matched with a description.

I wonder if such a site could keep plausible deniability of knowing what is hosted on their servers to allow anything to be sold without being attacked by the government?

Firstly, just because they aren't checked and have a unique id (something similar to how megadownload did it) doesn't mean they can't be checked or looked up on a long list of checksums. To maintain privacy the company (and I say that because it'd cost a fortune in bandwidth and data) would have to delete logs which in and of itself would be illegal in many jurisdictions. Even if they consciously chose not to keep them it'd be pretty easy to intercept upstream anyway. I know people could say 'but use SSL' however I suspect a federal authority would be able to twist the arm of an SSL provider and obtain the https:// servers private key anyway.

That leaves you with TOR which while I cool concept is hampered by overriding legal issues in many countries which ultimately kill the overall user experience & throughput. In Aus I'd probably end up in serious trouble if I setup a host that deliberately stored no logs and delivered TOR traffic not to mention I'd be stung for thousands of dollars delivering the bandwidth.

Just my 2c,

Stu

Numis Token - Numismatic Coins attached to the Ethereum network
Biza•io - Blockchain based banking software
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Sellers,

Another quick update. You can now add a YouTube video to any product's page. It will show to the right of the Description/Product Details. To put it on an item, go to your Catalog, click the pencil to edit an item and put in the ID of the YouTube video (not the entire URL) into the YouTube Video ID field. Save it and visit your product's page to check that it's the right video.

This is great if your product can benefit from a video describing it, showing a demo, or talking about its benefits.

Thanks,

weex
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 07:30:57 PM

click the pencil to edit an item and put in the ID of the YouTube video (not the entire URL)

I'm sure you will figure out the right regexp to extract the ID so you don't have to rely on the user to extract it Wink

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
miscreanity
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 09:20:00 PM

This could be an excellent platform to compete with the sadly Bitcoin-rejecting Humble Bundle.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 10:26:32 PM

A Humbler Bundle can easily be put together but there's got to be more to it. Where are all those crazy Bitcoin ideas when you need them?
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:55:24 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2012, 09:25:42 PM by weex

The website is currently offline and a ticket submitted with the hosting company. Will advise when more is known.

EDIT: We're back.
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 06:59:13 PM

click the pencil to edit an item and put in the ID of the YouTube video (not the entire URL)
I'm sure you will figure out the right regexp to extract the ID so you don't have to rely on the user to extract it Wink
I arrived at this:
Code:
/(?<=(?:v|i)=)[a-zA-Z0-9-]+(?=&)|(?<=(?:v|i)\/)[^&\n]+|(?<=embed\/)[^"&\n]+|(?<=(?:v|i)=)[^&\n]+|(?<=youtu.be\/)[^&\n]+/

Testing:
$urls = array(

'<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dQw4w9WgXcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>',

'youtube.com/v/dQw4w9WgXcQ',

'youtube.com/vi/dQw4w9WgXcQ',

'youtube.com/?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ',

'youtube.com/?vi=dQw4w9WgXcQ',

'youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ',

'youtube.com/watch?vi=dQw4w9WgXcQ',

'youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ',
);

foreach (
$urls as $url) {

preg_match('/(?<=(?:v|i)=)[a-zA-Z0-9-]+(?=&)|(?<=(?:v|i)\/)[^&\n]+|(?<=embed\/)[^"&\n]+|(?<=(?:v|i)=)[^&\n]+|(?<=youtu.be\/)[^&\n]+/'$url$matches);

print_r($matches);
}

Works for all of 'em:
Code:
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)
Array
(
    [0] => dQw4w9WgXcQ
)

scribe

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 09:26:51 PM

Also looking at setting up an album download for a cousin. Will try to get hold of WAVs - I currently have MP3s + image - I guess I can upload this if needed, but wavs would be better? Or does it just depend on the quality of the MP3s I have?

Anyway, I'll upload it under "pay what you want" whenever I get cleared. It's on itunes too.

Let us know when this is up - really like the video you linked to.

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 09:51:18 PM

Also looking at setting up an album download for a cousin. Will try to get hold of WAVs - I currently have MP3s + image - I guess I can upload this if needed, but wavs would be better? Or does it just depend on the quality of the MP3s I have?
Looking forward to hearing what you've got! If the MP3s are good quality that's probably fine for now. The WAV idea is part of an ongoing effort to create a multi-format rendering system.
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 05:31:20 AM

CoinDL could do way more to promote the material. Where can I rate articles? Where can I filter or sort for just in, PayWhatYouWant, rating, popularity, etc. What is stuff sorted by anyway? Where are pictures of the artists in the overview? And why does playing one title not pause the others?

When I click "buy" for several articles, I get several check-outs? Seriously?

I hope you still believe in CoinDL and work behind the scenes cause without some polish I'm afraid this will not attract the masses.

ɃɃ
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 07:56:40 AM

CoinDL could do way more to promote the material. Where can I rate articles? Where can I filter or sort for just in, PayWhatYouWant, rating, popularity, etc. What is stuff sorted by anyway? Where are pictures of the artists in the overview? And why does playing one title not pause the others?

When I click "buy" for several articles, I get several check-outs? Seriously?

I hope you still believe in CoinDL and work behind the scenes cause without some polish I'm afraid this will not attract the masses.

Thanks giszmo for the passionate suggestions. Incremental improvements are in the pipeline and we're working with top sellers to build the features they want. Buyers are a little harder to satisfy but the things you suggest are obviously beneficial. Stay tuned.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: