Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:59:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ann] CoinDL - Buy with Bitcoin: Now only 1% fee on Coupon & Gift Codes  (Read 21532 times)
amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 12:30:48 AM

Are bitcoin prices auto-adjusted to a set dollar value?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
weex (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 01:25:27 AM

Are bitcoin prices auto-adjusted to a set dollar value?

Some of them are. Sellers have a choice to fix the price in BTC or to set a USD value the will be converted and updated at least hourly using Mtgox last.
Mike Hearn
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:24:21 PM

The main reason I didn't use this site yet is it's not at all clear to me that the sellers are the real creators of the content. What stops somebody from registering as a seller and just uploading other peoples music?

If there was a way for a seller page to link to some proof of ownership, like a page/tweet/Facebook post/whatever on the creators official sites naming CoinDL as a market, that would help a lot.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:36:25 PM

The main reason I didn't use this site yet is it's not at all clear to me that the sellers are the real creators of the content. What stops somebody from registering as a seller and just uploading other peoples music?

If there was a way for a seller page to link to some proof of ownership, like a page/tweet/Facebook post/whatever on the creators official sites naming CoinDL as a market, that would help a lot.
http://www.justinbporter.com/ shows a link to CoinDL.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:54:47 PM

Instead of a link what is needed, imo, is a way for artists, who are not technically inclined, to be able to sell their stuff directly from their own website. 
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 06:57:47 PM

If you'd like I can send you the form letter I send to people for whom it's not clear that they own the content? It effectively asks for an email from a publicly known domain name for the author or publisher, a temporary mention on their website, or a DNS TXT record. We used Google's verification for google apps as a model.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 06:58:58 PM

Instead of a link what is needed, imo, is a way for artists, who are not technically inclined, to be able to sell their stuff directly from their own website. 
Technical inclination varies widely but we do have a widget that is pretty simple to add to a site. You can see it in action at http://bitcoinexchangerate.org
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 12:35:52 AM

password reset does not work:

An Error Was Encountered

Unable to load the requested file: reset_password.php

also, you seemingly try to do the right thing and present the same error message when doing password retrieval, and display the same error message if the email account exists or not. but the styling is different, so i can check if someone has an account at your site.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 02:32:36 AM

password reset does not work:

An Error Was Encountered

Unable to load the requested file: reset_password.php

also, you seemingly try to do the right thing and present the same error message when doing password retrieval, and display the same error message if the email account exists or not. but the styling is different, so i can check if someone has an account at your site.
Thanks apetersson. Both issues have been fixed.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 07:28:16 AM

A great idea.

Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:35:35 PM

Technical inclination varies widely but we do have a widget that is pretty simple to add to a site. You can see it in action at http://bitcoinexchangerate.org

Thanks for the info.  Does it have, or will you add, the ability for one to style the widget as one would like to make it fit in better on ones site?
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 06:11:55 PM

Thanks for the info.  Does it have, or will you add, the ability for one to style the widget as one would like to make it fit in better on ones site?
Can't say as there's much of a user-friendly way to mod it but the css used is all in https://www.coindl.com/css/widget.css

You might be able to override some of the cdl* classes to acheive the look you want. Out of curiosity, what attributes might you want to modify besides the color of the frame?
Portnoy
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:05:03 PM

Can't say as there's much of a user-friendly way to mod it but the css used is all in https://www.coindl.com/css/widget.css

You might be able to override some of the cdl* classes to acheive the look you want. Out of curiosity, what attributes might you want to modify besides the color of the frame?

Nothing specific in mind at the moment just wondering about possibilities. Perhaps the font and the font size and color; the size of the product graphic; the look of the button; the width of the widget; getting rid of the frame altogether to make it easier to use it inside posts and other content rather than using it strictly as a side bar widget... etc. 
scribe

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 01:18:35 PM

Also looking at setting up an album download for a cousin. Will try to get hold of WAVs - I currently have MP3s + image - I guess I can upload this if needed, but wavs would be better? Or does it just depend on the quality of the MP3s I have?
Looking forward to hearing what you've got! If the MP3s are good quality that's probably fine for now. The WAV idea is part of an ongoing effort to create a multi-format rendering system.

Now available! Link and more info available over at this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101960.0

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:40:51 PM

My first listing is at https://www.coindl.com/page/item/293 To assuage your doubts, you could always send me an email at joe@LeeThomasBand.com . I don't check this box often, but I'd be happy to return your email. Kind of a cheesy pseudo-confirmation, but available.

I'll put a CoinDL widget on the website when I move LeeThomasBand.com to a new hosting provider - which is on my todo list, but no where near the top.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:55:13 PM

A quick update: You can no longer create a cacophony by playing all the previews at once. In other words, audio previews work like they should. Wink
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 02:53:39 AM

Another update:

* "New Releases" scales everything into a nice neat grid
* Items with no preview or thumbnail image will show a default white box
* Songs show the thumbnail of the album they come from
jbob06

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 05:31:08 PM

The Alco album has been seeing great results from our "Pay what you want" campaign. Thanks for the great platform to share our tunes on.

https://www.coindl.com/page/item/127

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 05:23:48 PM

what in this article is about YouTube?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
weex (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 11:44:13 PM

what in this article is about YouTube?
Oh, just that you can include a youtube link in your product pages.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: