Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:10:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] BitcoinNordic: Instant Bitcoins with Scandinavian credit cards  (Read 6357 times)
fimp (OP)

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2012, 04:59:56 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2012, 05:36:59 PM by fimp

BitcoinNordic works towards making buying Bitcoins quick and pleasant for everyone. At the moment we offer:

• Pay using your VISA, VISA Electron, MasterCard, Maestro, or DanKort issued in Denmark, Sweden, or Norway and receive your Bitcoins within just one minute.
  • Domestic, SEPA, or international wire transfers to our Danish bank account.
  • Make a cash deposit at our location in Copenhagen.

Get your Bitcoins now at www.bitcoinnordic.com! Feedback here and ratings of my OTC user is appreciated. Subscribe to our Twitter account and newsletter to get notified of discounts and new payment methods.

Sincerely
Lasse Birk Olesen
Head of Operations

PS. We are fully aware of the chargeback issue associated with selling Bitcoins for card payments. However, we believe that we have developed a model that will mitigate the risks and will now be testing this model on the Scandinavian market. If successful there we will work to expand to accept credit cards from more countries.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 06:31:01 PM

Just tried it.
1  Enter amount in DKK, your email address, Bitcoin address
2) Enter credit card info (I used a Danish credit card called Dankort)
3) Enter your mobile number
4) After a few seconds I receive a text message with a confirmation code, which I enter
5) I receive a confirmation email from mailer@ewire.dk
6) I receive a confirmation email from  btcnordic@btcengine.bitcoinnordic.com
7) My 3.26583 BTC tick into my BitcoinSpinner app after 25 seconds!

All in all I paid 100 DKK for 3.26583 BTC and the process took less than a minute.
The last trade on MtGox was 27.60924 DKK for one BTC at that time, and would have given me 3.62197583 BTC.
However transferring funds to MtGox is much more expensive from Denmark and would have taken several days.

Awesome!

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 06:37:27 PM

Just tried it.
1  Enter amount in DKK, your email address, Bitcoin address
2) Enter credit card info (I used a Danish credit card called Dankort)
3) Enter your mobile number
4) After a few seconds I receive a text message with a confirmation code, which I enter
5) I receive a confirmation email from mailer@ewire.dk
6) I receive a confirmation email from  btcnordic@btcengine.bitcoinnordic.com
7) My 3.26583 BTC tick into my BitcoinSpinner app after 25 seconds!

All in all I paid 100 DKK for 3.26583 BTC and the process took less than a minute.
The last trade on MtGox was 27.60924 DKK for one BTC at that time, and would have given me 3.62197583 BTC.
However transferring funds to MtGox is much more expensive from Denmark and would have taken several days.

Awesome!

Buying BTC this way is so much more pleasant than what I used to do, so I just has to try it again, this time for 500 DKK.
Took 1 minute and 20 seconds from clicking Finish till my 16.43164 BTC ticked in.  Grin

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
fimp (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2012, 06:49:04 PM

Thanks Jan! I also used BitcoinSpinner for my tests.  Smiley

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 07:05:25 PM

This is awesome! I hope you will find a sustainable way to receive payments without running into issues with chargebacks and the like.
R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2012, 07:52:51 PM

Hi,
This looks like a brilliant idea! Like the poster above, I hope you don't encounter too much fraud.

A couple questions.

• is there a transaction limit as to how much you can buy?
  • can you please provide an exact list of supported countries. The term Scandinavia usually refers to Norway and Sweden but also sometimes to Denmark, Iceland, Finland, and the Faroe Islands.
fimp (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2012, 07:54:55 PM

Hi,
This looks like a brilliant idea! Like the poster above, I hope you don't encounter too much fraud.

A couple questions.

• can you please provide an exact list of supported countries. The term Scandinavia usually refers to Norway and Sweden but also sometimes to Denmark, Iceland, Finland, and the Faroe Islands.
There is currently a 1000DKK per day per card limit and a 10,000DKK per day system-wide limit. If we don't encounter much fraud these limits will be raised.

Scandinavia refers to Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.

R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2012, 08:01:41 PM

Hi,

A couple questions.

There is currently a 1000DKK per day per card limit and a 10,000DKK per day system-wide limit. If we don't encounter much fraud these limits will be raised.

1000 kroner is roughly $175 if my math serves me right. One suggestion i would add is to have a screening process where the purchaser of the coins is required to scan and send a proof of identification if he wishes to purchase more than 300Dk (or pick any number).  That should stave off carders somewhat.

I wish you the best of luck on your business!
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 08:14:32 PM

Please be very careful with fraud.  There is a reason why most ways to buy bitcoins don't involve credit cards.  But, maybe you've figured it out.  Good luck and be safe.
fimp (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2012, 08:35:28 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2012, 11:03:10 PM by fimp

1000 kroner is roughly $175 if my math serves me right. One suggestion i would add is to have a screening process where the purchaser of the coins is required to scan and send a proof of identification if he wishes to purchase more than 300Dk (or pick any number).  That should stave off carders somewhat.

I wish you the best of luck on your business!
Danish customers will need to identify using the government and bank created NemID system.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 02, 2012, 10:17:29 PM

Danish customers will need to identify using the government and bank created NemID system

Is anyone that wants to make use of that as an authentication method allowed to do so?
 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NemID

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

fimp (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2012, 10:23:24 PM

Is anyone that wants to make use of that as an authentication method allowed to do so?
 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NemID
I'm note sure, there may be some requirements. BitcoinNordic doesn't employ NemID directly but through eWire, another company.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 04:35:06 AM

please review this new site at http://www.thebitcoinreview.com/site.php?site_id=844

Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 06:46:19 AM

Hi,

A couple questions.

What about Finland?

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 07:26:03 AM

This is great news! As a dane I need to give this a try real soon.

What happened to all the bs you were dealing with in the fall (financiel virksomhed regler)?

Congratulations to Lasse et al.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
fimp (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2012, 10:27:30 AM

What about Finland?
Finnish credit cards are not supported at the moment.

This is great news! As a dane I need to give this a try real soon.

What happened to all the bs you were dealing with in the fall (financiel virksomhed regler)?
When you've finished your purchase, let me know here if you liked it. =)

The regulation I was dealing with was only related to opening an exchange MtGox / Intersango style. Selling Bitcoins directly like we're doing now is not subject to the same regulation.

minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 11:38:42 AM

Done!!

From clicking "next" on the sms confirmation page - and til getting the bitcoin in my wallet took a full

-
18 seconds
-

!!
You guys are awesome. I'll recommend your service to bitcoin friends of mine!

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
fimp (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 10:15:08 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2012, 11:24:10 PM by fimp

I'm glad you like it! And we're thankful for you spreading the word. We're now featuring your testimonials on the front page: https://bitcoinnordic.com/

You are also very welcome to review us on http://www.trustpilot.com/review/bitcoinnordic.com . We'll try to collect testimonials there.

BTW, about a week after we opened Bitcoin Nordic a hairdresser in Copenhagen started accepting Bitcoin as payment and mentioned Bitcoin Nordic as the place to buy them. I have the feeling that we made that happen by making buying Bitcoins easy and fast.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 11:07:24 PM

This thread doesn't describe it but I see that Bitcoin Nordic will also cash out to PayPal or to a bank account (with withdrawal being free or inexpensive in a few countries, and international transfer to other countries as well):
 - https://bitcoinnordic.com/sell

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2012, 02:11:34 PM

This thread doesn't describe it but I see that Bitcoin Nordic will also cash out to PayPal or to a bank account (with withdrawal being free or inexpensive in a few countries, and international transfer to other countries as well):
 - https://bitcoinnordic.com/sell

I see 10% fee. Though they use a 24hr average so you could pick up some value on a spike I guess, though usually not 10%.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 04:39:56 PM

Great stuff.  Hope you guys can eventually take US issued cards.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: