Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:41:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Macbook pro 2012 and various surplus, monitors, routers, FPGA boards etc.  (Read 4055 times)
glassking (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:00:34 AM

Hi all,

I have to move soon and finally had it with ebay. HATE them.

So I would like to try to get into bitcoin. I have surplus from my last startup. I will list it now and if there is interest I will add photos etc. Ask whatever questions you like I am a open book.

First macbook pro retina 15" mid 2012 (4 btc) with integrated and discrete graphics. This unit has been in storage, like new, 20 charge cycles on the battery. We had a few of these for our startup. This particular one has a bad memory address during the diagnostic, but never crashes and works fine. I'm using it now.

I have a HP ZR30W 30 inch IPS LCD screen (1.3btc) with a small fault. When working over the display port the screen doesnt wake up when it should say 1/4 of the time. Its a known defect that effected about one in three of these monitors at one point. You can either set your screen to not sleep or use the dual link dvi port. It also has one dead pixel. Otherwise its a great great monitor for CAD.

I also have a SUN 20.1 inch monitor (0.2btc) (rebranded NEC IPS very nice, broken stand), a 802.11ac router (0.12btc)A2400NS, two Anker USB 3.0 hubs (0.12 each), and a Xilinx ML605 board NIB (3btc).

Let me know what you think and if I can even post this then I will add details and photos etc.

Things to note, nope I won't use escrow. I just dont trust the escrow people. But you can call me and verify whatever you need. Its my first shot at this stuff so please dont be harsh Wink

Best, Thom
fishy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:52:02 PM

Things to note, nope I won't use escrow. I just dont trust the escrow people. But you can call me and verify whatever you need. Its my first shot at this stuff so please dont be harsh Wink

Best, Thom

Nobody will buy from you if you refuse escrow, that makes you look like a scammer.

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
glassking (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:52:02 PM

Yea but I'm not so

Using the escrow doubles my risk. Now I have to trust two people with my funds instead of one. None of the escrows are legit.

I can facetime with buyer instead, we will work something out
pws328

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:58:27 PM

Newbie user, No pics, no escrow, hates ebay, selling high priced items. Sorry dude, but you sound super fishy. Do you have any other verification that you're a legit seller (other than your own word)? Heatware? Other presence on forums/boards/reddit?

Also I've been scammed by people I've spoken to and seen their face, so your willingness to facetime with someone doesn't mean jack. People can still be scammers once you've seen them.

glassking (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:14:59 PM

Well for what its worth here is a video of the stuffs and I put my face on too Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbwfTW02oKM&list=UUgw3n4pI3UZKSkMrj8x41pw

Not sure what heatware is but it sounds very exciting  Cheesy

Anyway, not a scam, does anyone want to buy my stuffs ?
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 02:04:33 PM

People are going to be harsh because you want to sell stuff, but you're expecting everyone else to take all the risk.  That's precisely why escrow services exist.

By the way, you're asking way too much for those items.  You'd be lucky to see 3BTC... more likely 2.5BTC for that MBP.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
hayseed

Activity: 240

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:32:59 PM

As said above, you registered yesterday.
You are not posting any pictures and won't use escrow.
You are wanting the same price as new equipment for something 2 years old.

You hate ebay. (probably because of the new "guarantee" )

it certainly smell's like scammer.

eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:36:59 PM

I actually told the poster about this site yesterday, that should explain the "newbie" status.  But I do agree, prices are a bit steep.  I live near this guy, if anyone is interested in having me see the items listed and confirm I can do so or I can act as escrow with no fee on my end, just the btc dust to pay the transfer fees.

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
glassking (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:50:07 PM

Hi hayseed,

Theres a youtube video of the goods with me in it so feel free to take a look

I can't negotiate on the price but it is a legit offer.

Best
Thom
fishy

Activity: 476

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:41:38 PM

Newbie user, No pics, no escrow, hates ebay, selling high priced items. Sorry dude, but you sound super fishy. Do you have any other verification that you're a legit seller (other than your own word)? Heatware? Other presence on forums/boards/reddit?

Also I've been scammed by people I've spoken to and seen their face, so your willingness to facetime with someone doesn't mean jack. People can still be scammers once you've seen them.

You mean I sound super fishy?  Cheesy

Seriously though, there are MANY trusted escrow services, and you can even find some for free (mine!).  Escrowers have no incentive to run with the money, their reputation is probably worth a lot more that a couple of BTC.  If you're really concerned, you can divide the escrow among different people (I'd consider that more secure, but apparently you seem to think that the more that escrow the less secure  Huh )

Post some pics with your username and the current date, if not, you shall be neg bombed!

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
glassking (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:59:37 PM

Here you go

http://s30.postimg.org/madwmcrox/IMG_20140823_155732.jpg
hayseed

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:10:13 PM

Hi hayseed,

Theres a youtube video of the goods with me in it so feel free to take a look

I can't negotiate on the price but it is a legit offer.

Best
Thom

I looked, no where in the video do you associate your id/date here with the notebook. Would not be the first time a scammer hijacked
someone else's pictures/videos to scam a product.

No one is going to buy this without escrow.

Also the price is high as its 8gb which can not be upgraded.

A current (brand new) with 16gb, 2.2 with 256gb is 1999. BTC4.05 at current $495/BTC

You also get haswell vs ivy bridge (haswell has power nap and better performance/power spec's), faster SSD, better graphics, USB 3, 20gbs vs 10gps
thunderbolt plus a warranty.

You want current price for 2 year old tech. And no don't event mention installed adobe as Im sure you are not transferring the license even if it was legit.

You must hang around with the guy that wants $255 for an ant miner S1.

glassking (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:42:32 PM

ouch hostile

Actually retinas come in 2 flavors, one with a dedicated graphics chip, and the other with integrated graphics only. So to get a dedicated graphics retina today you have to pay about $2800 still when you factor tax. And sadly Apple don't take bitcoin Smiley

Its a little better I will admit, but in practice its the exact same product. The $2800 version. If nobody buys it its on craigslist. I also take cash. In fact I will take less cash. No paypal.

No the unit will have a fresh install of mavericks, that software is not included. Just loading to show its working ok.

I sent you a photo showing this very thread on the laptop above.

My buddy who chimed in will even come watch me mail it. Enough with the FUD already  Kiss This forum is very.... sour.
hayseed

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:10:22 AM

ouch hostile

Actually retinas come in 2 flavors, one with a dedicated graphics chip, and the other with integrated graphics only. So to get a dedicated graphics retina today you have to pay about $2800 still when you factor tax. And sadly Apple don't take bitcoin Smiley

Its a little better I will admit, but in practice its the exact same product. The $2800 version. If nobody buys it its on craigslist. I also take cash. In fact I will take less cash. No paypal.

No the unit will have a fresh install of mavericks, that software is not included. Just loading to show its working ok.

I sent you a photo showing this very thread on the laptop above.

My buddy who chimed in will even come watch me mail it. Enough with the FUD already  Kiss This forum is very.... sour.

Were all tired of scams that won't list full specs/pics, don't take escrow, just joined, list old tech at new prices looking for a gullible noob to bite.

Scammers are leaving ebay and heading here as they can't scam on ebay with its new policy and paypal. Looking for noobs that
dont "grasp" that btc is final no take backs and that no one can help them recover btc lost to scams.
glassking (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:26:18 AM

you know what, forget it. I'll just use craigslist
gamefixer

Activity: 440

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:27:23 AM

I've sold and purchased lots of stuff here using escrow and NEVER got screwed. Your only hurting yourself by not taking escrow.

I've been screwed 2 times and both times NO escrow was used.
hayseed

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:32:02 PM

you know what, forget it. I'll just use craigslist

You can't follow the suggestions and rules then go home and take your toys (scams) with you.
bitcoinbully

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:55:26 PM

It does look suspicious, there are plenty of reputable escrows.  when you're selling a 2012 MacBook for 4btc, what's a few pennies of btc to secure a sale ?   
omgbossis21

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:20:37 PM

I actually told the poster about this site yesterday, that should explain the "newbie" status.  But I do agree, prices are a bit steep.  I live near this guy, if anyone is interested in having me see the items listed and confirm I can do so or I can act as escrow with no fee on my end, just the btc dust to pay the transfer fees.

Nice trust you have there...
hayseed

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:21:58 PM

It does look suspicious, there are plenty of reputable escrows.  when you're selling a 2012 MacBook for 4btc, what's a few pennies of btc to secure a sale ?   

Not to mention that the memory issue is a killer. I bet it would fail memTest86 and you can't just pull a sim and replace as they are chips soldered to the MB.

I know all too well what flaky memory will do. Put cheap ram in a MBP several years back, had all kinds of intermin weird behavior. finally ran memtest86 in single user mode and
bam. errors like crazy even though apple diagnostic would pass. was OWC and they took back and allowed me to upgrade to best ram.

Had to restore from  backup (always make before any upgrade hard or soft) and had to diff against current to recover changes.

never again will buy bargain ram. Not worth the issue's it caused.

So highly risky even at $750 for example (even if it does get delivered).
glassking (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 11:38:02 PM

hayseed, there is no way I'm selling a new $2800 laptop for $750 in bitcoins. Really don't you have anything better to do than sink my sale ? At least ebay lets people auction in peace. You're being personal and nasty. No need for that, put the pitch fork away. Its just a garage sale.

Regarding the memory issue, yes thats a bummer, but what the apple technician told me is A) these laptops after they find a bad sector they isolate it in firmware so OSX doesn't use it and B) they will replace the logic board for $310 if it bothers me that much. The laptop has never crashed and I have used it for the last 14 days as my main computer. Pay an extra $310 and I'll go get the logic board changed for you. But I really dont think it makes any difference.

If escrow is the big issue we will work something out. My buddy (eoakland) has volunteered to go to the fedex and ship it with me, so he can be the escrow.

Now, does anyone actually want to buy it ? Until i get a "yes I want it" , I'm done with this thread. This right here is the definition of unprofessional. This is why bitcoins are losing value.
hayseed

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:07:41 AM

If escrow is the big issue we will work something out. My buddy (eoakland) has volunteered to go to the fedex and ship it with me, so he can be the escrow.

The Fox's friend says all the chickens are accounted for !

1) Im not interested in it. Even at $100. No warranty / Board issue.

2) Escrow uses a third party to insure the honesty of Buyer and Seller.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow

https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-guide#escrow-and-arbitration

3) I and other's are trying to keep people from being ripped off when we spot highly suspicious WTS or group buy posts.

hayseed

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:11:14 AM

It is utterly amazing that you would even suggest that people trust your friend to verify your "SALE".

You are either that ignorant (meaning utter lack of comprehension) or that highly confident in your scam talk.
hayseed

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:24:31 AM

Here's your exact model:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-RETINA-Macbook-Pro-i7-2-3GHz-8GB-256GB-SSD-2GB-Video-2012-MORE-/231315093217?pt=Apple_Laptops&hash=item35db7436e1

$1,300

on flea-bay with warranty and buyer protection !!

and from someone with a "Reputation" and established history!!
eoakland

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:28:06 AM

Nice trust you have there...

read my feedback story.

Code:
               ▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
    ▄██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
  ▄██████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
         ▄▄▀▀██▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▀▀██▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▄▀▄██████████
▄▀▀█▄▀█▄█▀███████████
▄▀████████▐▌██████
 █▀▄██████████▄████▄████
  ▀▄█████████████████████
   ▀▄█████████▀██████▀███
     ██████████▄██▄█████
      █████████████████████
       ▀▄████████████████
        ▀▄████████████████
          ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
glassking (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:32:06 AM

The same could be said if the escrow was a friend of the buyer.

Or perhaps you're suggesting the buyer send the money to some random yahoo on the internet who decides they are a escrow (OMG), then I mail to the buyer, and hope for the best ?

Chances are the escrow will run. With a currency like bitcoin for sure. So it doubles risk for me as a seller. At least this way, two people are involved in verifying the goods are mailed.

Look, most people are trustworthy. Like 95% of people get that a few dollars isnt worth the hassle of stealing. Sure there are scammers, but if you want to trade, you need to trust. There is risk in every activity. But here is a opportunity for someone who generated a file on their computer a few years ago to get a fancy laptop in return. Take it before the bubble pops.

Yes if you have US dollars, I will sell it for less. But in magic beans... ahm.. I mean bitcoins, the price is 4. And that doesn't have a new battery and almost no use. Its not new like mine
gamefixer

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:37:47 AM

The same could be said if the escrow was a friend of the buyer.

Or perhaps you're suggesting the buyer send the money to some random yahoo on the internet who decides they are a escrow (OMG), then I mail to the buyer, and hope for the best ?

Chances are the escrow will run. With a currency like bitcoin for sure. So it doubles risk for me as a seller. At least this way, two people are involved in verifying the goods are mailed.

Look, most people are trustworthy. Like 95% of people get that a few dollars isnt worth the hassle of stealing. Sure there are scammers, but if you want to trade, you need to trust. There is risk in every activity. But here is a opportunity for someone who generated a file on their computer a few years ago to get a fancy laptop in return. Take it before the bubble pops.

Yes if you have US dollars, I will sell it for less. But in magic beans... ahm.. I mean bitcoins, the price is 4. And that doesn't have a new battery and almost no use. Its not new like mine

Glass, what your not understanding about escrow is that there are several trusted members here that you can go through. I've used OGNasty 4-6 times and the deals have always worked out great. I've also used a few others and they too worked out really well.

FWIW, I've got a 15" Retina that I bought when they came out. Its NEVER had a single issue and its my daily use and travel computer. Its always on and only gets powered down when I'm on my way to the airport.
hayseed

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:41:06 AM

There are escrow people on here with high Trust Ratings.

They are not going to rip someone off over 4BTC Their trust ratings are worth way more than that.

Read the bitcoin escrow link. The escrow person can not "take" the coins.
hayseed

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 12:59:03 AM

FWIW, I've got a 15" Retina that I bought when they came out. Its NEVER had a single issue and its my daily use and travel computer. Its always on and only gets powered down when I'm on my way to the airport.

I use nearly every version of mac that comes out in my work including the new "VaderPod". Wish I could have kept it.

My issue is that he wants new price for old hardware that many may not understand can not be upgraded. (Yes owc does sell SSD's for that model).

He does admit the "potential" ram issue but brush's if off and does not state that it can not be easily replaced. Many will assume pull a simm put in a new one
not "replace/exchange the main board".

The speed difference between ivy bridge and haswell retinae is significant. I know, I have used multiple version's of both types.

glassking (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:03:28 AM

Nooo I put them side by side and there is no speed difference, not in booting, not in running intensive CADS - its hype. Its the exact same product unless you look at the numbers.
gamefixer

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:08:52 AM

I use nearly every version of mac that comes out in my work including the new "VaderPod". Wish I could have kept it.

My issue is that he wants new price for old hardware that many may not understand can not be upgraded. (Yes owc does sell SSD's for that model).

He does admit the "potential" ram issue but brush's if off and does not state that it can not be easily replaced. Many will assume pull a simm put in a new one
not "replace/exchange the main board".

The speed difference between ivy bridge and haswell retinae is significant. I know, I have used multiple version's of both types.

That Vader Pod looks neat but thats a lot of money to drop for a computer. I think I'd rather build a bad ass Hackintosh before I bought one of those.

Yeah, a potential RAM issue is a big deal on one of these things.
glassking (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:15:01 AM

Vader pod is a rip off. You can build a unit 3x more powerful for $1500 if you are smart
gamefixer

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:27:37 AM

Vader pod is a rip off. You can build a unit 3x more powerful for $1500 if you are smart

Yeah, I was looking at one of the latest round ups of Hackintosh parts. Came to a pretty penny but still a lot less than a true Mac Pro.
glassking (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:28:15 AM

Theres a better way.....
gamefixer

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:30:38 AM

Theres a better way.....

To build a Hackintosh or to run OSX?

I've only been using Mac's for about 4 years and am really happy with them. I only use my Windows rig to play games now.
glassking (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:41:30 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 03:52:11 AM by glassking

OSX is very neat, especially with parallels for virtualization. But there is a better way to build a hackintosh
gamefixer

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:23:38 AM

But there is a better way to build a hackintosh

Do tell... I'm weeks away from buying another iMac.

PM if you dont want to post OT in this thread.
hayseed

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:52:09 AM

All of the major hardware mags tried to build a hackintosh to compare and could not match the price. and even when they
came close, they only did so by leaving out several features. Not to mention none could do it at the size.

They days of putting together better hardware at even a comparable cost are gone.

Apple buys most of the worlds best fab/part plants output etc.

Why do you think droid phones feature ELO displays. They can't get the IPS ones
as Apple has bought out almost all of the total global production in the phone sized one's.

People keep forgetting the mac pro is equivalent to the high end dell xeon workstations.

Try and configure one.

I set up workstations for diagnostic medical systems and video editors.

Some doctors still have 2009 mac pro's at home. Run mavericks just fine
and handle the work load. The hospital has had to replace all their dell precision
workstations that were the same age as they couldn't handle windows 7 demands
plus the imaging. The only upgrade I have done to the mac pro's is SSD boot. The hospital tried
it on the Dells and it didn't help.

The vaderPod's have replaced earlier mac pro's (2006 to 2008). Are silent and now sit on
top of the desk since they take up so little room.

hayseed

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:00:43 AM

Nooo I put them side by side and there is no speed difference, not in booting, not in running intensive CADS - its hype. Its the exact same product unless you look at the numbers.

Then you better not look at the stats done by real testers that show the truth.

http://barefeats.com/rmbpc1.html
gamefixer

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:37:07 AM

All of the major hardware mags tried to build a hackintosh to compare and could not match the price. and even when they
came close, they only did so by leaving out several features. Not to mention none could do it at the size.

About 4 years ago I built 4 hack's. All of them are still in service and have been updated as much as they need to be (kids computers so they are not totally current). I built them for around $500 each and at the time a comparable Pro was in the $2500-$3500 range.

I'm sure that current MacPro's are great machines but I'm not throwing that kind of money at a computer.
hayseed

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:38:17 PM

About 4 years ago I built 4 hack's. All of them are still in service and have been updated as much as they need to be (kids computers so they are not totally current). I built them for around $500 each and at the time a comparable Pro was in the $2500-$3500 range.

I'm sure that current MacPro's are great machines but I'm not throwing that kind of money at a computer.

Buy what ever floats your boat!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: