Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:28:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT 1.2THs miner first impressions/review (WIP)  (Read 6705 times)
perogi

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:02:51 PM

opieum2 - seriously just ignore these douchebags and block them from the thread.  They are not adding anything to the discussion.  I appreciate the time and effort you are putting into this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opieum2 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:33:09 PM

opieum2 - seriously just ignore these douchebags and block them from the thread.  They are not adding anything to the discussion.  I appreciate the time and effort you are putting into this.

Thanks. But for obvious reasons I made it unmoderated. There has been alot of censorship in the AMT related thread. They are more than free to express their opinions. At the same time I am also free to dispute them OR ignore them. But I appreciate the support Cheesy

Made it unmoderated so there can be no claim I am removing posts to provide any favors to AMT. The point is to get the real deal with the hardware straight out.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
perogi

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:12:27 PM

The killer is that I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my machine and i have to read through dozens of "this guy is a scammer" (umm no shit) posts to get a nugget of helpful information :-/
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:12:14 PM

Thanks. But for obvious reasons I made it unmoderated. There has been alot of censorship in the AMT related thread. They are more than free to express their opinions. At the same time I am also free to dispute them OR ignore them. But I appreciate the support Cheesy

Made it unmoderated so there can be no claim I am removing posts to provide any favors to AMT. The point is to get the real deal with the hardware straight out.

Outta respect, I'm staying outta this thread sans this post, bud.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:11:35 AM

Holy shit, opie finally got a miner!!

Not trolling, but funny. Even in sending you a miner, they managed to ship you garbage.

I order stuff from china constantly. Big shipments, all the time. I've NEVER received scrap metal in the boxes. Looks like it was put there to give the person receiving it tetanus, like one final fuck you....
opieum2 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:25:10 AM

Not trolling, but funny. Even in sending you a miner, they managed to ship you garbage.

I order stuff from china constantly. Big shipments, all the time. I've NEVER received scrap metal in the boxes. Looks like it was put there to give the person receiving it tetanus, like one final fuck you....

Wanna know whats funnier? This was not even meant for me. My shipment never went out apparently. In the end AMT routed these to me which were rejected by someone else who happened to be nearby. At any rate in that sense it works out because I got no special treatment in that way. All said those plates in my case were not rusted. Someone else's were tho. I can still make use of them...lemonade out of lemons.

AMT_miners

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:44:47 AM

Wanna know whats funnier? This was not even meant for me. My shipment never went out apparently. In the end AMT routed these to me which were rejected by someone else who happened to be nearby. At any rate in that sense it works out because I got no special treatment in that way. All said those plates in my case were not rusted. Someone else's were tho. I can still make use of them...lemonade out of lemons.

Not that it makes anything better, but the other guy didn't even pay,how he made the list, we dont know, but those two were meant for you and that's why the other guy refused them because he didnt know what they were. He was the next zip code over, and that's why it was so close. Shipping screwed that one up but we rectified it, but they were meant for you. There we a few other instances of this as well, it wasn't the only one. Even though they were supposed to be no psu, and a few other people (single packages) ended up getting those instead.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:11:26 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 03:21:56 AM by Bicknellski

I was asking just for fair review that is all Grin
The rest of the story  is in my signature  Grin
Dear Bick ......

I guess the question is how is the review NOT fair? I posted up pics. And as noted in the title it is WIP (Work IN Progress). I got plenty more coming and I am going to be editing alot of what I have done to comment on my experiences with setting it up. This will accurately reflect the other experiences people are having. I know english is not your first language but take the time to read it carefully and you will see that I have been trying to keep the drama out of the review. My goal is to do an unbiased review as much as possible. As far as the physical build with the units I got they are well built. If you are expecting me to say they suck ass I am no going to lie about that. The physical build is excellent. Once I start the performance, power, hashing, temps, that might change there. Or it might work as advertised. I will post my findings once I have them. My reserved posts will cover all that.

If you still want to troll it out and rub it in, I will state it here. I paid 6K for this months ago and got what is a 1200 dollar machine now. Does it suck? Hell yes it sucks. BUT as I said I am making the best of a shitty situation and it just shows your character that you feel the need to rub in other peoples bad situation into their face. I get if you are going at AMT, but you are now attacking the customers not just me with those comments. Because pointing out anything here also reflects them as well as we all made that same unfortunate choice to go with AMT on this.

As I said and last time I am saying this. The review is on the merits of the hardware and its performance ONLY I covered the unpacking experience as well so people know what to expect. I got lucky and got one well packed unit and a second box full of metal plates cardboard. If its well built and it performs as advertised they will get credit for it. Of course I referenced the other threads so people can clearly see how they have operated and let those comments stand on their own. I got two miners to compare performance stats from. So it will be an apples to apples comparison to see how consistent it is. It will be a few days before I get it all up. But I am working on it.

Fair review.

Point still is what does Loshia, a paid member of the Technobit entourage, have to gain doing this given Technobit was in bed with AMT during this fiasco. I suggest people steer clear of operations associated with AMT and Technobit neither operation can be trusted if you are following the Minion chip build thread you know what I mean.

You would I think agree opieum2 no one in their right minds should buy from AMT. However valuable this review is to the small community of current AMT customers who actually received their broken assed units, you should at every opportunity warn people off buy anything from AMT. This review is more than enough to do that I think given that the units you have reviewed were rejected by another customer and that your units were not even shipped. More than enough evidence to steer clear and never BUY from AMT again. Further you clearly indicate very late delivery, over priced products that will never ever ROI. So pretty much open and shut do not buy AMT ever.

[GUIDE] Bicknellski's Biased & Opinionated Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
opieum2 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 03:32:28 AM

I was asking just for fair review that is all Grin
The rest of the story  is in my signature  Grin
Dear Bick ......

I guess the question is how is the review NOT fair? I posted up pics. And as noted in the title it is WIP (Work IN Progress). I got plenty more coming and I am going to be editing alot of what I have done to comment on my experiences with setting it up. This will accurately reflect the other experiences people are having. I know english is not your first language but take the time to read it carefully and you will see that I have been trying to keep the drama out of the review. My goal is to do an unbiased review as much as possible. As far as the physical build with the units I got they are well built. If you are expecting me to say they suck ass I am no going to lie about that. The physical build is excellent. Once I start the performance, power, hashing, temps, that might change there. Or it might work as advertised. I will post my findings once I have them. My reserved posts will cover all that.

If you still want to troll it out and rub it in, I will state it here. I paid 6K for this months ago and got what is a 1200 dollar machine now. Does it suck? Hell yes it sucks. BUT as I said I am making the best of a shitty situation and it just shows your character that you feel the need to rub in other peoples bad situation into their face. I get if you are going at AMT, but you are now attacking the customers not just me with those comments. Because pointing out anything here also reflects them as well as we all made that same unfortunate choice to go with AMT on this.

As I said and last time I am saying this. The review is on the merits of the hardware and its performance ONLY I covered the unpacking experience as well so people know what to expect. I got lucky and got one well packed unit and a second box full of metal plates cardboard. If its well built and it performs as advertised they will get credit for it. Of course I referenced the other threads so people can clearly see how they have operated and let those comments stand on their own. I got two miners to compare performance stats from. So it will be an apples to apples comparison to see how consistent it is. It will be a few days before I get it all up. But I am working on it.

Fair review.

Point still is what does Loshia, a paid member of the Technobit entourage, have to gain doing this given Technobit was in bed with AMT during this fiasco. I suggest people steer clear of operations associated with AMT and Technobit neither operation can be trusted if you are following the Minion chip build thread you know what I mean.

You would I think agree opieum2 no one in their right minds should buy from AMT. However valuable this review is to the small community of current AMT customers who actually received their broken assed units, you should at every opportunity warn people off buy anything from AMT. This review is more than enough to do that I think given that the units you have reviewed were rejected by another customer and that your units were not even shipped. More than enough evidence to steer clear and never BUY from AMT again. Further you clearly indicate very late delivery, over priced products that will never ever ROI. So pretty much open and shut do not buy AMT ever.

[GUIDE] Bicknellski's Biased & Opinionated Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide

He comes on to rub in the whole AMT debacle in peoples face but in particular me. He has done it in the past. Like I said it speaks volumes about his character that he needs to have that kind of sadistic streak and taking joy in others misery.

opieum2 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:13:36 AM

Not that it makes anything better, but the other guy didn't even pay,how he made the list, we dont know, but those two were meant for you and that's why the other guy refused them because he didnt know what they were. He was the next zip code over, and that's why it was so close. Shipping screwed that one up but we rectified it, but they were meant for you. There we a few other instances of this as well, it wasn't the only one. Even though they were supposed to be no psu, and a few other people (single packages) ended up getting those instead.

Would have been better if you owned it, instead of lying about this, you already know how pissed I already was about this situation which I kept private, but since you decided to lie here I will address it with proof. It is really obvious the guy rejected it he wrote it on the damn box. You simply got lucky and rerouted the package to me since it was close by. The internet is a wonderful tool for information as I also have the tracking numbers which now everyone does to and can validate what I just said if they look at it on the box. This is a photo of the writing on the box by DHL apparently...the very first photo I took as I got them off the truck. Pretty easy to match up with the first photo if you flip it 180. And for further proof he was not in the next zip code over. He was in the next county over which is 40 minutes away. I have a DHL hub less than 20 minutes from my house. So please stop. I have been patient but you have been lying to everyone from day one and you dig a deeper hole each time with each lie. I had hoped to avoid this drama but you really painted the target on this one knowing how much of a sore matter it was for me. I tried working with you but at the same time you have been dishonest with everyone. I have been trying to give an objective review on your hardware as all said it seems very well built, but the problem is you cannot stop lying to people. And that is why things are playing out. Until you make ALL of this right with all of us, you will always have this following you in every endeavor. I have said it repeatedly in private and I am saying it now in public.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:20:11 AM

Would have been better if you owned it, instead of lying about this, you already know how pissed I already was about this situation which I kept private, but since you decided to lie here I will address it with proof. It is really obvious the guy rejected it he wrote it on the damn box. You simply got lucky and rerouted the package to me since it was close by. The internet is a wonderful tool for information as I also have the tracking numbers which now everyone does to and can validate what I just said if they look at it on the box. This is a photo of the writing on the box by DHL apparently...the very first photo I took as I got them off the truck. Pretty easy to match up with the first photo if you flip it 180. And for further proof he was not in the next zip code over. He was in the next county over which is 40 minutes away. I have a DHL hub less than 20 minutes from my house. So please stop. I have been patient but you have been lying to everyone from day one and you dig a deeper hole each time with each lie. I had hoped to avoid this drama but you really painted the target on this one knowing how much of a sore matter it was for me. I tried working with you but at the same time you have been dishonest with everyone. I have been trying to give an objective review on your hardware as all said it seems very well built, but the problem is you cannot stop lying to people. And that is why things are playing out. Until you make ALL of this right with all of us, you will always have this following you in every endeavor. I have said it repeatedly in private and I am saying it now in public.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 05:20:21 AM

^^^And, you took massive scorn from the community while trying to help AMT, and this is how Joshua Zipkin repays you.

Later, bud.
opieum2 (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:14:14 AM

^^^And, you took massive scorn from the community while trying to help AMT, and this is how Joshua Zipkin repays you.

Later, bud.

Yup

rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:46:11 AM

Ok so I've did some power supply switching and I"m going to get this up and running. Thanks for the heads up about the number being taped there should save me some hassle. 

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 10:33:49 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 10:23:23 AM by Bicknellski

Ya so that be the nail in the coffin right.

At this point I can see helping other people who were burned by AMT with this thread to help them recoup whatever they can but NEVER EVER BUY FROM AMT or anything remotely associated with this abortion of a "company" and their criminal executives.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:18:44 PM

its amazing too!! josh zipkin thinks he is doing the bitcoin world, and us, a favor by staying in business. ii will say this again... joshua zipkin of AMT miners wouldnt know the truth if it fucked him in the ass. he is a pathological liar.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:08:26 PM

How's the power usage? Every other manufacturer is offering A1 systems running under .8 J/GH. How did the AMT system turn out?

Buy & Hold
opieum2 (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:18:01 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 01:29:45 PM by opieum2

How's the power usage? Every other manufacturer is offering A1 systems running under .8 J/GH. How did the AMT system turn out?

Im still gathering data on this. I haven't been able to run it consistently for any period of time on account of the louder than a vaccum fans. And I doubt I am getting support from AMT on this now. But it does appear to perform as advertised. I just cant get a consistent 48 hour test that I would like. I am waiting for some fan splitter adapters to arrive so I can put in my own quieter fans.

I got no way to easily muffle those jet engine fans right now. Once I get that noise situation sorted I will get it set up and provide reliable test data. This might have wait until I move into my datacenter space in the next couple of weeks if I cant get it done this week.

opieum2 (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:57:33 AM

Updated second post with hash stats. Preliminary. More to come on that. But so far it works as advertised. I had similar results as I kept powering up and down. But solved my fan issues for the moment so I will post more sustained stats.

asprin

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:57:25 PM

What firmware version are you using?  I tried amt_a1_0820v01.img that AMT posted but it was giving me errors about using the --rock-freq flag in cgminer.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: