Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:33:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would You like a design a new logo competition? There will be a bounty for a professional designed logo and the bounty will relflect this!
yes i think we need a better logo
No i like our logo and want it to stay the same
We should pay a professional to do it from community funds

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MULTIWALLET/Trusted-Cryptos group/Multiple Coin Support/MultiShift/Fiat Trading  (Read 107527 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:01:28 PM

at some point this week, more than likely tomorrow. i will make the windows installer for the new MWC wallet. basically. here is what happened:

in-wallet-trading works (probably could use some gui updates but i will do that later).

Problems(i guess): it works 100% on linux because you need to have openSSL installed to compile the wallet

windows: works if you have openSSL installed, which itself is a process. if you dont have it installed you will get a connection error. the reason for this error is we encrypted the connection to the cryptsy api to keep information safe, and without openSSL it wont know how to decode / encode the messages (this isnt exactly how it works but thats the gist of it)

so the installer will install all the necessary libraries for you (with your approval of course)  so that the in-wallet-trading will work

(i assume that there is a similar problem with macs, but further testing / feedback is needed)

so thats the hold up on that.

You should try to work in a feature in which you can have the return amount automatically sent back to your wallet and look where you can use Bitcoin or other currencies and be sent to your cryptsy account, buy the specified Coins, and return them to your wallet or a specified address. I think what would be cool is if you could do connections through openssl to external wallets and have your own central control station of all your wallets as a light API itself.

On mac the in wallet trading is working like it should. You are right we need to do some works on the gui.

As for sending amounts automaticly to the wallet, as Crestington refers to, I think that it's better to leave that up to the holder of the coin to decide. That is a withdraw and in my opinion we should NOT allow any kind of withdraws made via the wallet, this should be done via the website from the exchange using 2FA...not via API

Yeah and that is still really good though, probably the most advanced wallet yet but always can use improvement. Would be great to be able to have some kind of instant buy function, maybe where it's bought from the exchange from coins within the exchange and then an escrowed transaction for the coins?? How can the time be cut down between transfers of the coins and the destination? and in one click of a button? For mainstream adoption it will need to be so easy to use that people not familiar with Cryptocurrencies or technology at all can use it.

You should also create your team on http://slack.com , it'll help you communicate with each other more efficiently.

I think there is some misunderstanding. I am not sure if you understand what the trading does, so let me explain.

The trading is NOT using the coins that are in your wallet and is NOT using the blockchain.
What we are using is the API from the Exchange to trade on it. For you to be able to trade on it, you will need the coins to be on the exchange, in this case Cryptsy.
All the coins that are available on Cryptsy, are available in the wallet....if you want to trade them.

The next step will be a wallet that can control more then 1 coin. Griffith is working on this, besides the trading.

Now we know that the next question will be "How will our coin bennefit from this all?". For us to reach the goal of a Decentralized Exchange we want to be able to comunicate with the exchanges. That technology is being used on this moment (trading). The MultiWallet will make it possible to control more then 1 wallet from 1 interface. This will be one of the most important steps (in my opinion) to finaly reach the point of a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange.

A decentralized cryptocurrency exchange is something totaly different than a decentralized marketplace. In affect the Multiwallet will become an small "private" cryptocurrency exchange on your computer. You will become the owner of your part of that Exchange. You will control your coins on your computer and if you want to trade them, you will put them for sale.... The coins will only leave your computer when they are sold.

All of this is an ongoing process and the bennefit will only become visable when it's all finished....not before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:19:50 PM

You should try to work in a feature in which you can have the return amount automatically sent back to your wallet and look where you can use Bitcoin or other currencies and be sent to your cryptsy account, buy the specified Coins, and return them to your wallet or a specified address. I think what would be cool is if you could do connections through openssl to external wallets and have your own central control station of all your wallets as a light API itself.

Yeah and that is still really good though, probably the most advanced wallet yet but always can use improvement. Would be great to be able to have some kind of instant buy function, maybe where it's bought from the exchange from coins within the exchange and then an escrowed transaction for the coins?? How can the time be cut down between transfers of the coins and the destination? and in one click of a button? For mainstream adoption it will need to be so easy to use that people not familiar with Cryptocurrencies or technology at all can use it.

You should also create your team on http://slack.com , it'll help you communicate with each other more efficiently.

i watched the slack video. slack isnt needed. we all use skype for desktop comms. and an app for mobile comms. both let you send files and voice chat, so slack isnt really needed. i have considered doing a forum for TC but right now i dont see it as really needed etiher. at least not until we are a few more steps down the road

right now the in-wallet-trading doesnt allow you to withdraw or deposit coins into your exchange account for security reasons(well, deposit isnt really a security reason but it works with the api the same way withdraw does so....)

if you are going to connect to your other wallets on your computer... 1. you dont need ssl because the connections are local. ssl is a protocl for use over http (the internet) for secure connections. 2. you need the pub and priv key from your wallet to send anything anyway so you need the wallet to be running and access to your wallet.dat file, at which point why just not use the wallet cuz its open?

as far as the wallet goes... with the in-wallet-trading and the other updates i am working on. im actually starting to shift ECC MWC and SUPER away from the idea/concept of a "wallet" for your coins. and more towards an application/program that allows you to use all of your crypto-tools in one place, on of those tools being your coin accounts (wallets) for the coins that you own. MWC will more than likely be the base for using the functions on the application
Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:06:26 PM

new BE for MWC

http://blockexperts.com/mwc

hosting has been paid for the next year
Pickleninja

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:54:31 PM

new BE for MWC

http://blockexperts.com/mwc

hosting has been paid for the next year

Still here. Still eager Smiley

-pickle
alexius89

Activity: 709
Merit: 500

Gridcoin Foundation

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 03:27:42 PM

We are in progress preparing a complete new thread for the Trusted Crypto Group with detailed information about future plans and aims.  This will hopefully attract a lot of new investor and build up a huge community.

so stay tuned guys

goldmaxx

Activity: 894

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:35:57 AM

We are in progress preparing a complete new thread for the Trusted Crypto Group with detailed information about future plans and aims.  This will hopefully attract a lot of new investor and build up a huge community.

so stay tuned guys

Will this replace all 3 threads (MWC, SUPER, ECC)?
It would be a great first step to bring the 3 comunities together this way...

Regards

Goldmaxx

Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:55:10 PM

so stay tuned guys

Will this replace all 3 threads (MWC, SUPER, ECC)?
It would be a great first step to bring the 3 comunities together this way...

Regards

Goldmaxx

yes it will
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:39:33 PM

You run 3 coins and call that "Trusted Crypto Group"?

I cant find Multiwallet or ECCoin at Coingecko rankings. WTF
SUPER ranks at place 177. https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/supercoin

WTF
Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:44:45 PM

You run 3 coins and call that "Trusted Crypto Group"?

I cant find Multiwallet or ECCoin at Coingecko rankings. WTF
SUPER ranks at place 177. https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/supercoin

WTF

The group name is to associate the three coins together and show that one group of people is doing dev for all 3.

btw: wtf is coingecko? ive never even herd of that.

they are all on an actual coin ranking site though (http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/)
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:05:31 PM

Most people would say CoinGecko is the best cryptocurrency ranking page. It lists the world's top cryptocurrencies and ranks them based on key aspects such as developer activity, community, liquidity, market capitalization and public interest.

The ranking algo is explained under: https://www.coingecko.com/en/methodology.
renbit

Activity: 257

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 06:55:37 PM

Most people would say CoinGecko is the best cryptocurrency ranking page. It lists the world's top cryptocurrencies and ranks them based on key aspects such as developer activity, community, liquidity, market capitalization and public interest.

Looks at the number of search results on Bing and the Alexa rank of the official coin website.

well there you go

anyone doing their googling on bing ?
i didnt think so

mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:34:18 PM

We will contact them to see if they want to list the coins
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:13:07 PM

Hello somebody alive here ?
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:32:10 PM

Yes we are. We are entering a very exciting period. Expect mayor news at the end of this weekend
anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1410

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:38:46 PM

Yes we are. We are entering a very exciting period. Expect mayor news at the end of this weekend
These news are related to all of your coins, right?
mdtspain
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:32:18 PM

Yes, we need to start with ECC and MWC and Super will follow. In our opinion this is going to be a game changer for cryptos
anotherlateminer
Legendary

Activity: 1410

Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:39:21 PM

Yes, we need to start with ECC and MWC and Super will follow. In our opinion this is going to be a game changer for cryptos
Sounds intriguing.
renbit

Activity: 257

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 10:32:33 PM

Sounds intriguing.

BRING IT ON !!!

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:09:51 AM

Are you guys going to fix the slow download problem or the ability to spam the network at no cost? There are numerous bugs and you should be focusing on the Blockchain first and the in-wallet trading second since you can do the exact same thing with an image link.

I told you guys about the Fee spam issue months back and you brushed it off, then performed a live test and proved it and you got mad, but did nothing about it.
Griffith
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 12:52:48 AM

of course we are. we are just all working on coin projects =)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: