Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 08:37:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Darkblock - "Barebones coin shaped by the community" [X11] No premine/IPO  (Read 23233 times)
Darkblock (OP)

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

photo taken by ESSA-7 satelite. 1968

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:48:12 AM

Surprised there were no more replies today. I assume most of you dumped.

Well, let's get on to the suggestion phase.

What do you want added to this coin?

I already added the previous suggestions to the list.

Suggestions for the coin as a whole or suggestions for features on the coin?

For a feature of the coin tor is okay, maybe another anon variant like mixing/ring?

As for the coin and the community, I think a multipool seems like the basic next step.  And then maybe a wallet makeover?

Just throwing stuff out there.   Embarrassed

Good. Good. Keep going with the suggestions.

Cluster? I'm sure cluster had an IPO. I'm definitely not a Cluster.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 02:29:50 AM

Surprised there were no more replies today. I assume most of you dumped.

Well, let's get on to the suggestion phase.

What do you want added to this coin?

I already added the previous suggestions to the list.

Suggestions for the coin as a whole or suggestions for features on the coin?

For a feature of the coin tor is okay, maybe another anon variant like mixing/ring?

As for the coin and the community, I think a multipool seems like the basic next step.  And then maybe a wallet makeover?

Just throwing stuff out there.   Embarrassed

Good. Good. Keep going with the suggestions.

Cluster? I'm sure cluster had an IPO. I'm definitely not a Cluster.

No I mean the coin is kind of in its infancy stage and doesn;t really know what it is yet. So I am waiting a bit.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Darkblock (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 05:58:16 AM

Oh. That's what you meant.

Yep. Infancy stages. It should be starting up though.
MacMuffin

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:10:43 PM

Definitely need logo/icon. That black block in the wallet ain't too sexy.
Darkblock (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:00:50 PM

I'm adding the Cryptoid Block exporer, some basic anon tor features, and, to top it all off, four brand new whitepapers!
yuemoon

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:16:20 AM

I'm adding the Cryptoid Block exporer, some basic anon tor features, and, to top it all off, four brand new whitepapers!

dev, new features as soon as possible to do the update wallet
But the most critical is the c-cex trading volume is very bad,
To save now is a good opportunity to buy DBLO
And can be used at very low cost account for a large share!
Otherwise, c-cex will soon be off the shelf DBLO exchange!
n3rfherder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:59:32 AM

I actually sorta like the simple block square as the logo.  Funny, but also cool.  Like a bar without a sign...always sunny style.

Either way, any sort of update or something would be cool at this point.
Darkblock (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:20:26 AM

I actually sorta like the simple block square as the logo.  Funny, but also cool.  Like a bar without a sign...always sunny style.

I actually used the block at first, and as I add updates, it starts to show the true logo.
n3rfherder

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:22:58 AM

I actually sorta like the simple block square as the logo.  Funny, but also cool.  Like a bar without a sign...always sunny style.

I actually used the block at first, and as I add updates, it starts to show the true logo.

neat Smiley

as far as features go...is stealth addresses or encrypted messaging practical/easy to implement?

I think part of the issue with the coin so far is that people always latch to something with promises.  This coin has zero promises, which is good considering the goal here with community input but bad for investor interest.
Darkblock (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:36:00 AM

It's feeling like a bigger project now. I want to add so much things to it and they're promises.

I will add them to the OP with a set date. I'm still writing out the Whitepaper and drawing the processes that will happen.

It won't be extremely professional (and sorry before I even type it because I suck at grammar) but i'll make sure it hits expectations of everyone.
spacelab

Activity: 528

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 04:21:38 PM

we need more exchanges  Grin
GambleToWin

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:14:29 AM

Dev, what's going on? Any news?
Darkblock (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:47:29 AM

More updates on the way! Check the OP for more details!
Hel

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 10:37:02 AM

More updates on the way! Check the OP for more details!

I just read back a bit, but was wondering if there was ever any movement on the POD front. That would at least put minds at ease, possibly even generate some volume. I almost bought some as I saw some action on Ccex... but that CK label looming is gonna just keep it dead in the water imo, not a risk i'll take personally though I wish you guys luck.
ugethit1

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:26:47 AM

I'm not Carsen

2% PoS

Tweet to be added to bittrex guys!

Lol you think Bittrex is going to add your coin or any other coin without PoD again? Usecoin ring a bell?  Good luck getting listed on any high volume exchange without PoD.  

So you know I think PoD has no value.  But what I think doesn't matter.  If bittrex says they won't be adding coins without PoD anyone then I guess PoD does matter to them at least.  If you can manage to get on a high volume exchange without it grats.

I was pushing for PoD because I was told about 3 weeks ago bittrex had no plans to add coins without PoD.  They still do add coins without PoD so that makes PoD completely useless now.  I didn't ask for PoD because I believe it has value.  In fact go visit the Axroncoin thread.  PoD can be faked.  PoD doesn't ensure the dev has any skill.  PoD doesn't mean the dev wont run away from the project.  PoD doesn't stop a scammer who lied to get his PoD rating from scamming you.

If you believe in PoD I have a question for you.  Do you believe in the Santa Claus too?  Stop chanting PoD, it is a stupid mantra.
n3rfherder

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 11:30:50 AM

Awesome to see updates!  Kiss

I having some sync issues with wallet but that is probably just my fault somehow.
Truther

Activity: 209

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 01:12:53 PM

I'm not Carsen

2% PoS

Tweet to be added to bittrex guys!

Lol you think Bittrex is going to add your coin or any other coin without PoD again? Usecoin ring a bell?  Good luck getting listed on any high volume exchange without PoD.  

So you know I think PoD has no value.  But what I think doesn't matter.  If bittrex says they won't be adding coins without PoD anyone then I guess PoD does matter to them at least.  If you can manage to get on a high volume exchange without it grats.

I was pushing for PoD because I was told about 3 weeks ago bittrex had no plans to add coins without PoD.  They still do add coins without PoD so that makes PoD completely useless now.  I didn't ask for PoD because I believe it has value.  In fact go visit the Axroncoin thread.  PoD can be faked.  PoD doesn't ensure the dev has any skill.  PoD doesn't mean the dev wont run away from the project.  PoD doesn't stop a scammer who lied to get his PoD rating from scamming you.

If you believe in PoD I have a question for you.  Do you believe in the Santa Claus too?  Stop chanting PoD, it is a stupid mantra.
You do realize the is community self-regulating (unless you'd prefer government regulation), yeah people can still scam, but it makes it more difficult even if only slightly. If we don't work to make sure coins are legit no one else will enter this market and it will just turn into a crypto circle-jerk.
ugethit1

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:20:31 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 01:33:44 PM by ugethit1

I couldn't agree with you more we need to work together to make sure coins are as you say "legit".  The problem is PoD doesn't make sure that coins are legit.  We need to figure out a better system.  I am sorry I can only point out the faults in PoD and cannot offer a better solution.  This doesn't change the fact that PoD doesn't work. Nor does it protect anyone from being scammed. The sooner PoD is dead the sooner people will start to work on a new system to stop scammers.

Remember this,  you can put a Band-Aid on a broken leg.  That won't help your broken leg.  You have to fix the problem.  You can't just pretend something is helping when it isn't.
n3rfherder

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 02:24:28 PM

I think you two are arguing something that is important, but doing so in the wrong place.

When it comes to this coin I feel it's irrelevant.  Nothing to hide, no far-fetched promises or hype and no premines or ipo.  Miners are the ones with the most of DarkBlock so worrying about the dev doing anything other than updating us and keeping the coin stable is silly imo.
Darkblock (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 07:13:52 PM

I finally just made enough Bitcoin so that I can have other developers jump on the boat. I figured out I can't do a lot of things, so now, i'm able to complete everything.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: