Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:18:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 [1684] 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312246 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
babygun

Activity: 2058
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 05:21:04 PM

I have done a long, deep and intensive research over days and weeks just in case to diversify a small part of my investments into potential interesting projects/coins. Beside ETH (which wont make any really big gains any more) and XMR I only could find IOTA interesting, while still very experimental. Everything else is damn useless bullshit I would never put a cent in. Even BTC is a bad joke from fork to fork it is becoming just an expensive, overvalued and slow altcoin with no special features.

Simply happy to be invested in XMR.

I did the same research and came to exactly the same conclusion. BTC, XMR, ETH and IOTA are the only ones that are interesting and XMR and IOTA are the only two that I currently have skin in.

Yes, I think the problem with most newbie investors is that they try to find the next X100 and buy any kind of coin which makes this promise. While doing that, they miss out the next X10 or X30 and that is what I see in IOTA and XMR. From the 4 strong and healthy projects (although BTC may not be healthy any more) which are BTC, ETH, XMR and IOTA, only the last 2 have a small market cap of 1 billion USD.

Other top 10 coins like LTC, NEM, XRP, DASH etc. are a joke.

I only like to put my money into quality stuff, where I can hodl even through lows with no problems because I know the value will come back again.

For the most part I can agree with you: BTC, ETH, XMR are strong coins (IOTA I don't really know), but why you find LTC a joke?
It has strong developers, they put things in place well before BTC (like segwit), have low fees and faster transactions than BTC.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nathan047

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:02:33 PM

Yes, I think the problem with most newbie investors is that they try to find the next X100 and buy any kind of coin which makes this promise. While doing that, they miss out the next X10 or X30 and that is what I see in IOTA and XMR. From the 4 strong and healthy projects (although BTC may not be healthy any more) which are BTC, ETH, XMR and IOTA, only the last 2 have a small market cap of 1 billion USD.

I only like to put my money into quality stuff, where I can hodl even through lows with no problems because I know the value will come back again.
As far as LTC and DASH are concerned I think they have a rightful place in the top 10.

Litecoin being silver to Bitcoin’s gold; it was one of the first altcoins and also has very low transaction fees giving it a deserved top 10.

With DASH I don’t like the instamine or the fact the devs seem shady either, but it still has neat tech and there are other popular coins with instamines/premines like ETH that isn’t hated by the Monero community. With both masternodes and instant transactions (are they temporarily disabled?) I do think that it does deserve a spot in the top 10.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
asdalani

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:51:03 PM

Carry on, gentlemen...  Cheesy

Take four months out. Don't sell.

Until then just read between the lines ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sb9fWcJk14
As much as I want to not want people to waste their money on this coin if it dumps, there is a high chance that this coin could explode in price soon.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:44:51 PM

Just ask yourself why JP Morgan is implementing their solution and not Monero's solution in their blockchain ledger, or why Ethereum is implementing the Zcash technology and not the Monero technology?

Now question yourself. Last weeks, there was lots of talks CEO of JP Morgan said what about Bitcoin?  What he said?  We will implement Bitcoin solutions? We will implement some "way smaller then Bitcoin clone" solutions? What did he said?

When you will listen to your answer and think about it, you will see that most crpto news is just pure bullshit. People make i up and repeat it so long that they start believe it.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:46:08 PM

The biggest indicator of future price growth is the constantly increasing number of contributors, development, and ongoing research. Pay attention to the other projects in the space that tend to expand vertically but not horizontally. The amount of simultaneous developments in Monero is proof that it isn't going away any time soon, and is rapidly outpacing any would-be competitor.
TheFuzzStone
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1442

thefuzzstone.github.io

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 08:26:26 PM

The biggest indicator of future price growth is the constantly increasing number of contributors, development, and ongoing research. Pay attention to the other projects in the space that tend to expand vertically but not horizontally. The amount of simultaneous developments in Monero is proof that it isn't going away any time soon, and is rapidly outpacing any would-be competitor.

Agree + transactions per block

cryptimus prime

Activity: 493
Merit: 551

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:59:48 PM

As far as LTC and DASH are concerned I think they have a rightful place in the top 10.

Litecoin being silver to Bitcoin’s gold; it was one of the first altcoins and also has very low transaction fees giving it a deserved top 10.

With DASH I don’t like the instamine or the fact the devs seem shady either, but it still has neat tech

"Litecoin is silver to Bitcoin`s gold"
What kind of justification for LTC existance is this?
This is not the the way I plan my investments.

And no, DASH tech is pretty much worthless compared to what ETH, XMR and IOTA can do.
I just need to take a look at their devs, kind of people who are into their "community" and the problems their technology does (or does not) solve to have my strong opinion about it.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 4815

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:47:41 AM

Monero is alright but can someone explain me what chance it stands against Zcash? I think Zcash has already proved that they use by far the most superior cryptography. And if you don't believe me, you don't have to. Just ask yourself why JP Morgan is implementing their solution and not Monero's solution in their blockchain ledger, or why Ethereum is implementing the Zcash technology and not the Monero technology? I have nothing against Monero but it looks to me like everything is against that coin, what are the chances of success when developers come up with real innovations. That is already a good proof that is reflected in the price of the currency, Zcash is far more valuable than Monero, so the market has spoken regarding that topic. Monero has to implement some real alternative to even come close to compete with Zcash. I wish the team best of lack, we need competition in the space because it pushes us to improve our service and products, I hope it does the same for Monero.

Maybe because ETH, Zcrap and JP Morgan all have to be trusted and are centralized?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:10:42 AM

Monero is alright but can someone explain me what chance it stands against Zcash? I think Zcash has already proved that they use by far the most superior cryptography. And if you don't believe me, you don't have to. Just ask yourself why JP Morgan is implementing their solution and not Monero's solution in their blockchain ledger, or why Ethereum is implementing the Zcash technology and not the Monero technology? I have nothing against Monero but it looks to me like everything is against that coin, what are the chances of success when developers come up with real innovations. That is already a good proof that is reflected in the price of the currency, Zcash is far more valuable than Monero, so the market has spoken regarding that topic. Monero has to implement some real alternative to even come close to compete with Zcash. I wish the team best of lack, we need competition in the space because it pushes us to improve our service and products, I hope it does the same for Monero.

1. Your statement about Ethereum is flatly false. The Ethereum Metropolis fork adds support for both approaches, not just Zcash (zksnarks and ring signatures). In fact I came across a video last week where Vitalik was personally explaining the benefits of both.

2. Companies like JP Morgan will often make big announcements about high profile initiatives and partnerships when working with other companies such as Zcash. Frankly in only a minority of cases do these intitiatives ever lead anywhere beyond press releases. However, those same companies also very often have people internally and quietly working with decentralized open source technologies. I would be virtually certain there are people within JP Morgan studying Monero and thinking about how to make use of it (and other open source cryptocurrency projects too), without any press releases being generated. That also does not guarantee it will ever lead anywhere (perhaps Jamie Dimon will find out and fire them).
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:43:00 PM

The silence is deafening.  It is a good time to trade volatility, hey? It never runs away from you.  Boring for speculators, though.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:42:13 PM

The silence is deafening.  It is a good time to trade volatility, hey? It never runs away from you.  Boring for speculators, though.
I think its the calm before the storm, good time to prepare - will be interesting to see what happens on Nov 1 or Nov 15. Some of the smaller coins have already started going crazy, not time for XMR yet =)
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:47:07 PM

I was thinking the same; not even tumbleweed 'round these parts.

Traded a little, but mostly it's just been undulating with the rises and falls of BTC, steadily pegged not far from the $88 mark in USD the past few days. At least it looks like a steady and robust base for the next rise.  The big game in town is of course BTC, though.  

I hope we can grab little limelight sometime soon - just to remind people Monero is a top crypto asset which it's unwise not to keep an eye on.

我想要火箭和火车
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:20:24 PM

I think its the calm before the storm, good time to prepare - will be interesting to see what happens on Nov 1 or Nov 15. Some of the smaller coins have already started going crazy, not time for XMR yet =)

It's looking like early on Nov 16th, now, for Segwit2x.  My hunch is the Bitcoin user base is largely fine with the status quo - the Big Blockers / anti SW types already have their BCH, so I can't see S2x being popular with users (meaning one would expect a post-fork dump and a quickly widening price differential in favour BTC).  

However, the Replay Protection issue will mean dumping is hesitant and there do seem to be significant forces still behind S2X and even BCH can possibly benefit too, if BTC loses a lot of hash rate to either BCH or S2x.  Signalling is still over 80%, I was hoping to see it drop lower in the run up to the fork, which is a also a concern.

It's definitely more 'potential' trouble than BCH was (and the farcical Bitcoin Gold) and how it will play out is still not certain.  

What it means for XMR is hard to tell.  Total victory for BTC will see BTC rise and, (short-term) no help to the XMR price, but ultimately an improving situation and a good Q1 2018 for all.  However, uncertainty in Bitcoin could be bad for the whole market.

So short-term, I hope BTC wins, but long-term we will still not have solved the scaling debate properly and there will be a lot of unsatisfied actors around.

我想要火箭和火车
LennyCarl

Activity: 176
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:21:24 PM

I thought we were leaving smooth's post to linger last but not least for maximum effect.    Cheesy
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 06:33:14 PM

I thought we were leaving smooth's post to linger last but not least for maximum effect.    Cheesy

I thought we were waiting for multi-sig, ledger or another walonek post--not sure where to rank those in importance.

Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:44:47 PM

I suspect the MyMonero light wallets will be released very soon - the next week or so. Unfortunately their advent may be lost in all the hoo-hah over the fork.

Such is Monero's luck.

Baguette Holder.
walonek

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:26:48 PM

How all moroneros like to lose the train at BTC ? 6k again and noMore all the way at 86-89 usd. Not to mention 2 month falling oversold BTC price and no end of this waterfall at the horizon.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 08:28:47 PM

How all moroneros like to lose the train at BTC ? 6k again and noMore all the way at 86-89 usd. Not to mention 2 month falling oversold BTC price and no end of this waterfall at the horizon.

I am so happy for cheap Monero!  You will feel stupid for not buying under $100 while you had the chance, just like you already feel stupid for missing the opportunity to buy under $1, under $10, and under $50.

Monero is like Bitcoin; they shoot up fast and hard, pull back severely, and then spend months building a new support base before suddenly mooning again with high volume and more volatility.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:01:27 PM
Last edit: October 29, 2017, 09:12:44 PM by kurious

Rather good support - I expected a hammering, but some people seem to know a bargain when they see one...

我想要火箭和火车
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 09:43:21 PM

Rather good support - I expected a hammering, but some people seem to know a bargain when they see one...

Being able to buy XMR for under $100 is like having a time machine back to 2013. Grin

Looking forward to dumping my Bcash and B2X next month.  I'm counting on Jeff, Roger, Jihan, and Barry pumping both to over >1 BTC for the sake of subsidizing their silly attack forks.

But I expect everyone else (except SHAtoshi) will be doing the same, so XMR may not be any cheaper relative to BTC when people go hedge shopping with their airdrop coins.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 [1684] 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: