Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:41:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 [1794] 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312332 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:15:44 AM

Mark my words. Monero will be at a 100 billion marketcap by the end of the year. With so many upcoming updates to the coin and on top of that ledger and IOS wallet. If everything pans out and there isnt a crypto meltdown. It is just a matter of time that bulletsproofs, kovri etc. will come. This is the best coin for real life use and WILL BE BACK TO THE TOP 10 if not, higher. Everyone is trying to make a quick buck from all these pump and dumps but when the dust settles only the strong, solid coins survive.

Prediction:  100 billion marketcap by end of 2018.

It is certainly within the realm of possibilities and less than predicting a 100 million USD market cap at the end of 2016, 2 years ago. Still past performance is no guarantee of future results.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ajiejot

Activity: 392
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:24:23 AM

Mark my words. Monero will be at a 100 billion marketcap by the end of the year. With so many upcoming updates to the coin and on top of that ledger and IOS wallet. If everything pans out and there isnt a crypto meltdown. It is just a matter of time that bulletsproofs, kovri etc. will come. This is the best coin for real life use and WILL BE BACK TO THE TOP 10 if not, higher. Everyone is trying to make a quick buck from all these pump and dumps but when the dust settles only the strong, solid coins survive.

I believe on this. Monero has very many projects and updates this year. Their coin is really good, privacy coin. Really promising coin. Sending and receiving of monero is really no problem in monero and have privacy for both sender and receiver.
KiXiNiT

Activity: 100
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:24:07 AM

I believe on this. Monero has very many projects and updates this year. Their coin is really good, privacy coin. Really promising coin. Sending and receiving of monero is really no problem in monero and have privacy for both sender and receiver.

"Monero is very private coin!!!11"

"Pls look at my sig campaign ;d !"
unsquidly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:52:06 PM

Because the total revenue/transaction volume, Many people estimate its gonna be $1.000.000.000 this year with a rising trend upward.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:57:25 PM

Knocking on a little door marked 03....

Looking rather good for holders.

Wink

我想要火箭和火车
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:13:25 PM

I still don't understand how Korea can be so completely out of whack with the rest of the market.

Baguette Holder.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:44:16 PM

I still don't understand how Korea can be so completely out of whack with the rest of the market.

They have huge hype. Half of world barely know of crypto. It will be super good for crypto that lots of media will cover South Korea in February because of Olympics.  Maybe this years Olympics will bring Crypto to every village.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:28:10 PM

Foreign exchange controls.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Billy Bunter

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:41:01 PM

Meaning? They can’t get their money out?

Baguette Holder.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 02:52:09 PM

Meaning it isn't cut and dry arbitrage--hurdles exist to make your gains nonexistant or delayed or even negative. You'd have to investigate the exact controls involved and adjust your expectations accordingly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_exchange_controls

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:56:08 PM

...  Or there's probably a Korean War II coming and the ones that know what's really going on are buying crypto to get their money out as quick as they can.  Grin

Maybe the Chinese Triads are using the Korean exchanges now to launder their money via crypto...?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Billy Bunter

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:30:55 PM

Meaning it isn't cut and dry arbitrage--hurdles exist to make your gains nonexistant or delayed or even negative. You'd have to investigate the exact controls involved and adjust your expectations accordingly.

Still, one would think it would be a little disconcerting to be paying around $200 more for an asset that is much cheaper elsewhere in the world. (Though I guess if you can be sure that your particular market/exchange is immune from arbitrage, then it doesn't much matter.)

Baguette Holder.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:35:33 PM

Still, one would think it would be a little disconcerting to be paying around $200 more for an asset that is much cheaper elsewhere in the world. (Though I guess if you can be sure that your particular market/exchange is immune from arbitrage, then it doesn't much matter.)

Also it would seem to be self reinforcing. The fact that currency controls are so bad that there can exist an arbitrage like that is evidence that they should be willing to pay more in order to get out of that hot garbage.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
DanWalker

Activity: 1918
Merit: 544

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:04:20 PM

People who want to get from the investment instant Xs are already late to invest in. It seems to me that this coin will grow very smoothly. But it's good for those who have invested in Monero a large sum and able to wait for a few months.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
patroncito

Activity: 398
Merit: 107

LONG BITCOIN, SHORT BANKS, DUMP FIAT FOR BITCOIN

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:19:32 PM

If Monero cant be tracked, has unlimited block size, transactions are really fast and its supply is very small. WHY IS THE PRICE SO LOW?. I expect Monero to be worth millions per coin if the scalability issue is not solved in BTC. Also, all that hidden money around the world could get in MONERO
mnemonicsoup

Activity: 200
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:50:51 PM

If Monero cant be tracked, has unlimited block size, transactions are really fast and its supply is very small. WHY IS THE PRICE SO LOW?. I expect Monero to be worth millions per coin if the scalability issue is not solved in BTC. Also, all that hidden money around the world could get in MONERO

It's not about HW wallets or anything, XMR is being price suppressed because big players are accumulating it big time. As someone said smart money is well aware of monero and they want to keep it as much as they can for themselves until inflation is low and they can mark the price way up

Didn't you guys notice we always are the last to pump ? its because pump happen in hierarchical orders, first you get the shittest of the the shitcoins with the wierd names like GROESTLECOIN and so on, then you got noob coins and strange coins and semi good coins, and when smart money has taken dumb money for as much as they can they pump XMR because they need to store their accumulated wealth somewhere, and whats the better place than monero?

Next year, we'll be at 4% inflation, this is bitcoin level now, and then quickly we'll be under bitcoin yearly inflation... this will be the time to mark up the price BIG TIME, I'm talking BTC current level

This is a slow play, this is like poker when you got quad aces and you want to take as much as you can from the noobs, you take your time, you let dumb money bids and buy DRAGONCHAIN and then you put your profit back into XMR.

RINSE and REPEAT until we're at 2-3% inflation and price is above 10K and doesn't come back.

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:12:15 PM

Also it would seem to be self reinforcing. The fact that currency controls are so bad that there can exist an arbitrage like that is evidence that they should be willing to pay more in order to get out of that hot garbage.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-09/bitcoin-s-43-arbitrage-trade-is-a-lot-tougher-than-it-looks
Billy Bunter

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:21:20 PM

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-09/bitcoin-s-43-arbitrage-trade-is-a-lot-tougher-than-it-looks

Just what I was looking for. Thanks.

Baguette Holder.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 09:56:55 PM

Korea has always topped our lists of places ripe for the first breakouts of hyper-bitcoinification.

SK is basically one giant ethnically homogeneous mega-city, so there is less friction when a new movement starts to spread.

SK is also the most high-IQ and bandwidth saturated society on earth, which further lowers the barriers to a full-scale crypto economy pivot.

South Korean have seen Japan suffer for decades from inflation and Abenomics, so they know central banking is a tool of the Western powers' petrodollar hegemony.

It's fascinating to watch the chaebol-driven Tiger Economy of SK adopt crypto from a position of strength and voluntary choice versus the desperation-driven adoption of chaotic low-IQ basket-case shitholes such as Venezuela and Zimbabwe.

'member this?  Cool

That reminds me, I nominate Korean to be next in line.  Perfect demographic (save $, high tech, love new fads) for XMR.
I'd imagine the perfect demographic is a country with high GINI, very corrupt government/businesses, a lot of very rich people (possibly at the expense of even more poor people), high taxes, unstable government.

You mean like Ukraine, Venezuela, and Argentina?  They are more technophobic and less homogenous than Korea.  The elites are a different ethnicity than the rabble and the culture is conservative.  In such places Bitcoin and gold are better choices.  XMR is much riskier and its appeal lies in the 'cool factor' far more appreciated by affluent SE Asian technophiles than peasant farmers, drug lords, and struggling middle classes.

People in chaotic situations don't have the risk capital for lottery tickets like Monero.

This will change as XMR beings to snowball, and in spectacular ways enable the defections which Bitcoin alone cannot.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Billy Bunter

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:19:27 PM

Korea has always topped our lists of places ripe for the first breakouts of hyper-bitcoinification.

SK is basically one giant ethnically homogeneous mega-city, so there is less friction when a new movement starts to spread.

SK is also the most high-IQ and bandwidth saturated society on earth, which further lowers the barriers to a full-scale crypto economy pivot.

South Korean have seen Japan suffer for decades from inflation and Abenomics, so they know central banking is a tool of the Western powers' petrodollar hegemony.

It's fascinating to watch the chaebol-driven Tiger Economy of SK adopt crypto from a position of strength and voluntary choice versus the desperation-driven adoption of chaotic low-IQ basket-case shitholes such as Venezuela and Zimbabwe.

'member this?  Cool

That reminds me, I nominate Korean to be next in line.  Perfect demographic (save $, high tech, love new fads) for XMR.
I'd imagine the perfect demographic is a country with high GINI, very corrupt government/businesses, a lot of very rich people (possibly at the expense of even more poor people), high taxes, unstable government.

You mean like Ukraine, Venezuela, and Argentina?  They are more technophobic and less homogenous than Korea.  The elites are a different ethnicity than the rabble and the culture is conservative.  In such places Bitcoin and gold are better choices.  XMR is much riskier and its appeal lies in the 'cool factor' far more appreciated by affluent SE Asian technophiles than peasant farmers, drug lords, and struggling middle classes.

People in chaotic situations don't have the risk capital for lottery tickets like Monero.

This will change as XMR beings to snowball, and in spectacular ways enable the defections which Bitcoin alone cannot.

Great points.

Baguette Holder.
Pages: « 1 ... 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 [1794] 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: