Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:50:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 [1976] 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312246 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
33bitcoin

Activity: 223
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:39:35 PM

What happened to the bygone days when trolls were competent, or at least tried hard?

Having an opinion now makes you a troll?  I'm sure you guys are all right, monero will surpass bitcoin in marketcap and be over $10,000 each xmr....................

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Veseloff

Activity: 448
Merit: 106

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:41:25 PM

I invented a very good tactic for myself, I sold all my Monero and bought NEO and ETH for these funds. It seems to me that these coins will bring me much more profit than I would keep my money in Monero, although the coin is very serious and strong.

kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 10:34:27 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), infofront (1)

Haha! Fucking trolltastic - what fun.

You have to wonder why... all of a sudden we are blessed with so many pathetic visiting losers. They have given themselves away by all coming at once.  Plus, well - they are just so terribly BAD at trolling, it's hilarious.

Gimme a troll worth a fight, for fuck's sake - this lot are pathetic.

I mean - if you liked only two coins - would you go and tell the other 1500 coins they're not good enough?  In person?  I am guessing not.  So why here, do tell? 

Would you you say a coin is too small to invest in, but claim you have low bids at 30% of the current price?  As a proper investor, why let money rot waiting for a price that at the very worst isn't going to happen anytime soon?  It's not a great strategy - especially in a coin you don't think is worth it.

I could go on, by why waste my time on illiterate noob wannabe investors who could have bought Monero at 25c three years ago (when now it is four hundred times more valuable), but missed the boat and now presumably are forced to take pennies for poorly executed trolling work.  They aren't even coherent, or any good.

Proposition:  If you're serious - short Monero?  No one can stop you.  It's possible and if you're right, profitable.  But you won't will, you - because:

1. You have no funds to do so.
2. You are terrible traders.
3. You know damn well there is a lot of money that supports XMR and so you will get seriously REKT.

Hence trying to 'talk' it down for bigger fish who fund you. 

Losers.  Please grow some balls and go borrow and short Monero.  Walk into our open arms and lose money donating us cheap coins.

I dare you.  My wallet awaits your donation.  Don't be afraid it's not big enough, I will still accept it.

我想要火箭和火车
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 4815

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:10:57 PM

Having an opinion now makes you a troll?  I'm sure you guys are all right, monero will surpass bitcoin in marketcap and be over $10,000 each xmr....................

We're just asking for a little bit of effort, is that too much to ask for? Smiley

I invented a very good tactic for myself, I sold all my Monero and bought NEO and ETH for these funds. It seems to me that these coins will bring me much more profit than I would keep my money in Monero, although the coin is very serious and strong.

Would you care to give an analysis of why you believe this or is it just a ROMA prediction?

What happened to the bygone days when trolls were competent, or at least tried hard?

Back in my day we had to walk both ways up hill in the snow to get there.

Haha! Fucking trolltastic - what fun....

Nice hats! Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
33bitcoin

Activity: 223
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:06:31 AM

Haha! Fucking trolltastic - what fun.

You have to wonder why... all of a sudden we are blessed with so many pathetic visiting losers. They have given themselves away by all coming at once.  Plus, well - they are just so terribly BAD at trolling, it's hilarious.

Gimme a troll worth a fight, for fuck's sake - this lot are pathetic.

I mean - if you liked only two coins - would you go and tell the other 1500 coins they're not good enough?  In person?  I am guessing not.  So why here, do tell?  

Would you you say a coin is too small to invest in, but claim you have low bids at 30% of the current price?  As a proper investor, why let money rot waiting for a price that at the very worst isn't going to happen anytime soon?  It's not a great strategy - especially in a coin you don't think is worth it.

I could go on, by why waste my time on illiterate noob wannabe investors who could have bought Monero at 25c three years ago (when now it is four hundred times more valuable), but missed the boat and now presumably are forced to take pennies for poorly executed trolling work.  They aren't even coherent, or any good.

Proposition:  If you're serious - short Monero?  No one can stop you.  It's possible and if you're right, profitable.  But you won't will, you - because:

1. You have no funds to do so.
2. You are terrible traders.
3. You know damn well there is a lot of money that supports XMR and so you will get seriously REKT.

Hence trying to 'talk' it down for bigger fish who fund you.  

Losers.  Please grow some balls and go borrow and short Monero.  Walk into our open arms and lose money donating us cheap coins.

I dare you.  My wallet awaits your donation.  Don't be afraid it's not big enough, I will still accept it.

Even if I don't believe in a coin doesn't mean I won't trade it for a quick profit.  Even when something crashes, it goes through upswings on the way down.  I just don't think Monero will survive in the long term.  MY bets are on Bitcoin and Ethereum.  These two are the clear favorites and they have by far the largest trading volumes.  You seem to be bragging about the money you made off Monero, well you would have had higher returns if you invested at the start of ethereum or bitcoin.

The way I see it, only a few coins will survive.  Most altcoins will go crash to zero.  No I do not short, the market can stay irrational longer than you remain solvent.

But of course I'm just a troll, Monero will surely overtake bitcoin and become the number 1 cryptocurrency throughout the land and reach 20k each. Huh Huh
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 12:23:28 AM

I do not see any logic in your trading. Monero has a very distinct character from almost any other project, your anonymity is guaranteed. It is not an extra function, it is not an add-on. It is part of the essence of the project.

This distinguishes Monero from 99% of the other assets and for that reason, it can be added in any portfolio.

NEO and ETH are competing projects. But NEO has an additional problem, is centralized, and the token that funds the negotiations is separate. That is, you buy shares of a project that has little power of influence and with little utility.
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 209

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 05:13:55 AM

Having an opinion now makes you a troll?  I'm sure you guys are all right, monero will surpass bitcoin in marketcap and be over $10,000 each xmr....................

Have a read, but sure you are the pro in evaluating coinmarketcaps  Grin Cheesy

Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 06:34:00 AM

I didn't want to troll anybody, just asking your opinion about news and what will happen with privacy coins. Can anyone advice where I can see the volume of transactions in monero network?

kurious
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:02:36 AM

Even if I don't believe in a coin doesn't mean I won't trade it for a quick profit.  Even when something crashes, it goes through upswings on the way down.  I just don't think Monero will survive in the long term.  MY bets are on Bitcoin and Ethereum.  These two are the clear favorites and they have by far the largest trading volumes.  You seem to be bragging about the money you made off Monero, well you would have had higher returns if you invested at the start of ethereum or bitcoin.

The way I see it, only a few coins will survive.  Most altcoins will go crash to zero.  No I do not short, the market can stay irrational longer than you remain solvent.

But of course I'm just a troll, Monero will surely overtake bitcoin and become the number 1 cryptocurrency throughout the land and reach 20k each. Huh Huh

I am not boasting about or even discussing my wealth, I never do.

You're welcome to trade whatever you like.  And if you want to trade Monero, that's fine - it's the Monero speculation thread, and a lot of people who trade it stop by here.  It's a good thread where a lot of people make intelligent points, or usefully disseminate news.

I just wondered why you are here telling us Ether and Bitcoin are better and Monero has no long term future.

I doubt there are many here who haven't got Bitcoin, so, ok.   Eth, well - each to their own, fine.   But this thread is about Monero - and the only thing you seem to say is that it won't survive in the long term.  Well, nothing will survive in the long term.

So - is that it? 

我想要火箭和火车
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:52:24 AM

Its roughly release day now, right?

What will be the impact on market price etc?

Exciting

Shnikes101

Activity: 254
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:18:13 AM

Its roughly release day now, right?

What will be the impact on market price etc?

Exciting

I'm going to say its a very smooth quiet day. Nice easy transition. No major difficulty drop. No miners freaking out. No price swings. Just business as usual...

Wishful thinking?
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:29:03 AM

I guess waiting to see there isn't a cataclysmic problem with the system makes sense.

So any positive effect that isn't priced in already should come after it's all quiet for sufficient time to prove 'all is well'.

It is a big upgrade, so I really do hope there is a price lift.  We shall see.

我想要火箭和火车
CryptoPH

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

<3 Crypto

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:00:49 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 03:25:33 PM by CryptoPH

Also my thoughts, that is why I visited our good 'ol Monero thread.

But on second thought, I think this major upgrade is already priced-in during the 2017 run-up.

IMHO, it is more to the downside in case of "major issue/s" during the hard fork.

"In a bear market, any good news doesn't push the price up.
In a bull market, any bad news doesn't pull the price down."

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:26:07 PM

I read this thread quite often from the start and huge majority of people here dont believe that Monero will overcome Bitcoin any time soon. So yes you claiming this on at least two occasions, you are a troll.

I totally agree that most coins will not survive or at least not be worth millions or billions as now. But Monero have huge chance of being among those few survivors. Definatelly way bigger then ETH you mention.
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:49:40 PM
Merited by infofront (1)

I didn't want to troll anybody, just asking your opinion about news and what will happen with privacy coins. Can anyone advice where I can see the volume of transactions in monero network?

You cant see volume since Monero is a privacy coin and it hides amount of coins you sent. You can see a number of transactions.  https://www.monero.how/  is good site for that it also compare them with Bitcoins number.

Monero have clear use case and will be used as long as it will work as is planed so far. Its use case is not a speculation or trading on exchanges as 99% of other coins.
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:43:48 PM

I found this on reddit. A half cent anonymous transaction Smiley

cryptokwuk

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:51:19 PM

Having an opinion now makes you a troll?  I'm sure you guys are all right, monero will surpass bitcoin in marketcap and be over $10,000 each xmr....................

I read this thread quite often from the start and huge majority of people here dont believe that Monero will overcome Bitcoin any time soon. So yes you claiming this on at least two occasions, you are a troll.

I totally agree that most coins will not survive or at least not be worth millions or billions as now. But Monero have huge chance of being among those few survivors. Definatelly way bigger then ETH you mention.

The only reason for Monero to survive is the network effect, like Bitcoin, it's a first generation old blockchain tech.

Monero has been surpassed by many projects in terms of scalability, security, and features.
MSR, LOKI, DERO, even PIVX and DASH are all examples of vastly superior coins that will take the crown from Monero. Many build on top of Monero foundations, but where Monero stops, they keep innovating and preparing for real adoption.

In short, Monero is your wiggling rusty beloved oldtimer, (some of) the competition are high performance luxury sports cars. Sure there will be some love left for the oldtimers, but real world usage and adoption lies in the future with innovation, not in the past.
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:22:56 PM

The only reason for Monero to survive is the network effect, like Bitcoin, it's a first generation old blockchain tech.

Monero has been surpassed by many projects in terms of scalability, security, and features.
MSR, LOKI, DERO, even PIVX and DASH are all examples of vastly superior coins that will take the crown from Monero. Many build on top of Monero foundations, but where Monero stops, they keep innovating and preparing for real adoption.

In short, Monero is your wiggling rusty beloved oldtimer, (some of) the competition are high performance luxury sports cars. Sure there will be some love left for the oldtimers, but real world usage and adoption lies in the future with innovation, not in the past.
Jeez - DASH?  Haha!  High performance luxury sportcars?  Deluded, dude. Monero overtook Dash an age ago and I have not actually seen a lot of the others you mention - I don't look that far down Cryptomarketcap.

Monero's not a BItcoin clone 'old tech' coin either, do some proper research if you want to troll, kwukduck.

Long time no see.  You haven't been missed.  And you're a but late for the troll season, too - losing your touch, I guess. Bless.

我想要火箭和火车
Dig Bicks

Activity: 348
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:25:46 PM

Jeez - DASH?  Haha!  High performance luxury sportcars?  Deluded, dude. Monero overtook Dash an age ago and I have not actually seen a lot of the others you mention - I don't look that far down Cryptomarket cap.

Monero's not a BItcoin clone 'old tech' coin either, do some proper research if you want to troll, kwukduck.

Long time no see.  You haven't been missed.  And you're a but late for the troll season, too - losing your touch, I guess. Bless.

Bitconnect was once a top 10 coin, peercoin was once in the top 10,  rank doesn't mean shit.  The truth is Monero is a dinosaur coin while other projects are developing fast with much better technology and are able to scale for mass adoption.  I truly feel sorry for the suckers that will be left holding worthless bags of moneroshit.
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 10:31:48 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 10:41:56 PM by kurious

Jeez - DASH?  Haha!  High performance luxury sportcars?  Deluded, dude. Monero overtook Dash an age ago and I have not actually seen a lot of the others you mention - I don't look that far down Cryptomarket cap.

Long time no see.  You haven't been missed.  And you're a but late for the troll season, too - losing your touch, I guess. Bless.

Bitconnect was once a top 10 coin, peercoin was once in the top 10,  rank doesn't mean shit.  The truth is Monero is a dinosaur coin while other projects are developing fast with much better technology and are able to scale for mass adoption.  I truly feel sorry for the suckers that will be left holding worthless bags of moneroshit.

Merit 1, Jr? So whose sockpuppet are you?  Probably Kwukduck, I guess - since you're in so quick to defend that old spent force.

So, when did you get so scared about Monero that you grew the need to try to attack it?

我想要火箭和火车
Pages: « 1 ... 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 [1976] 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: