Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:54:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 [1182] 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312332 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 11:25:11 AM

The pain was getting too painful. I had to step away for a while. Wasn't expecting to see this when I came back. Dare I cautious optimism? Smiley

Pain?  I must have missed that part.  I did buy some yesterday.  I promised that when it went up I would sell and lock in profit.  Well it went up today and I didn't sell.  I fall for that trick every time  Grin

I did however contribute today to the future work of moneromoo.  Inside scoop, there will very shortly be a funding proposal for development of i2p, the kovri project.  So TrueCryptonaire and N-rG you will have another chance to help insure the success of the coin you believe in.

I have proposed that the mining rewards were used in funding development but nobody agrees with it. Now you guys are begging money from me...  Huh

Now and in the past scrooge mc duck.  I guess you will continue to let others contribute to help insure the success of the coin you "believe" in and just sit back and reap the benefits.

I have proposed that the mining rewards were used in funding development

Make it a question. It's a good one.

It has been a question that has been discussed by the community quite a while ago, the result of which is the current system we have. Here is the latest request that I mentioned would be coming.  It is a very important piece for the vision of Monero and anonimal is very good.

https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/86967/anonimal-s-kovri-full-time-development-funding-thread

Also I found something interesting yesterday.  Buying at these prices as I did 2 days ago raises my buy average significantly more than donating Moneroj.  The results you get are ofc dependent of your specific situation so YMMV.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sparky999

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 12:01:47 PM

The pain was getting too painful. I had to step away for a while. Wasn't expecting to see this when I came back. Dare I cautious optimism? Smiley

Pain?  I must have missed that part.  I did buy some yesterday.  I promised that when it went up I would sell and lock in profit.  Well it went up today and I didn't sell.  I fall for that trick every time  Grin

I did however contribute today to the future work of moneromoo.  Inside scoop, there will very shortly be a funding proposal for development of i2p, the kovri project.  So TrueCryptonaire and N-rG you will have another chance to help insure the success of the coin you believe in.

I have proposed that the mining rewards were used in funding development but nobody agrees with it. Now you guys are begging money from me...  Huh

Now and in the past scrooge mc duck.  I guess you will continue to let others contribute to help insure the success of the coin you "believe" in and just sit back and reap the benefits.

It has been a question that has been discussed by the community quite a while ago, the result of which is the current system we have. Here is the latest request that I mentioned would be coming.  It is a very important piece for the vision of Monero and anonimal is very good.

https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/86967/anonimal-s-kovri-full-time-development-funding-thread

Also I found something interesting yesterday.  Buying at these prices as I did 2 days ago raises my buy average significantly more than donating Moneroj.  The results you get are ofc dependent of your specific situation so YMMV.

Donated a chunk to this project - well worth every moneroj.
owaisted

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 12:09:07 PM

I think the price will rise again. I speculate this as although the price has come down, the volume traded has remained steady. And looking at the trends (some basic analysis) the price has fluctuated sideways and comes back up immediately after going down. My reason for saying all this is to ask you, whether I am thinking in the right direction. Noobs gotta ask.
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Dumb broad

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 12:29:41 PM

Goat and his fleet of lambos......a bit sad that he's become bitter and twisted in his mid-twenties.

TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 12:49:22 PM

Pain?  I must have missed that part.  I did buy some yesterday.  I promised that when it went up I would sell and lock in profit.  Well it went up today and I didn't sell.  I fall for that trick every time  Grin

I did however contribute today to the future work of moneromoo.  Inside scoop, there will very shortly be a funding proposal for development of i2p, the kovri project.  So TrueCryptonaire and N-rG you will have another chance to help insure the success of the coin you believe in.

I have proposed that the mining rewards were used in funding development but nobody agrees with it. Now you guys are begging money from me...  Huh

Now and in the past scrooge mc duck.  I guess you will continue to let others contribute to help insure the success of the coin you "believe" in and just sit back and reap the benefits.

It has been a question that has been discussed by the community quite a while ago, the result of which is the current system we have. Here is the latest request that I mentioned would be coming.  It is a very important piece for the vision of Monero and anonimal is very good.

Also I found something interesting yesterday.  Buying at these prices as I did 2 days ago raises my buy average significantly more than donating Moneroj.  The results you get are ofc dependent of your specific situation so YMMV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dWkvqfOnxY
medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 12:53:10 PM

Pain?  I must have missed that part.  I did buy some yesterday.  I promised that when it went up I would sell and lock in profit.  Well it went up today and I didn't sell.  I fall for that trick every time  Grin

I did however contribute today to the future work of moneromoo.  Inside scoop, there will very shortly be a funding proposal for development of i2p, the kovri project.  So TrueCryptonaire and N-rG you will have another chance to help insure the success of the coin you believe in.

I have proposed that the mining rewards were used in funding development but nobody agrees with it. Now you guys are begging money from me...  Huh

shame on you and everyone else who thinks like that. the community decided against it. accept the collective decision. refusing to help finance the project just because you are not happy with the way of financing is stupid. its also your investment and you know developement is not free.

donate at least 1% of your holdings. i dont beg for it, i expect it from you (and everyone else who is interested long term and not contributing himself).

respect to everyone in the hall of fame, you da real MVP Kiss

XMR Monero
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:11:13 PM

shame on you and everyone else who thinks like that. the community decided against it. accept the collective decision. refusing to help finance the project just because you are not happy with the way of financing is stupid. its also your investment and you know developement is not free.

donate at least 1% of your holdings. i dont beg for it, i expect it from you (and everyone else who is interested long term and not contributing himself).

As long as there are other people contributing, why should I do it? And if there is no other people contributing, then why to hold Monero?
That's exactly the argument why I thought it would have been a good idea to fund marketing and development from the block rewards, not from the pockets of bagholders.
I think Darkcoin has that sort of approach and I consider it good for long haul not to be dependent on the generosity of bagholders.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:22:13 PM

As long as there are other people contributing, why should I do it? And if there is no other people contributing, then why to hold Monero?
That's exactly the argument why I thought it would have been a good idea to fund marketing and development from the block rewards, not from the pockets of bagholders.
I think Darkcoin has that sort of approach and I consider it good for long haul not to be dependent on the generosity of bagholders.
Actually i like that aspect of dash, it's pretty clever. XMR seams to be doing fine with donations only but it's not really a good system due to the "tragedy of the commons", your individual donation is unlikely to do much real difference.

Also i am against controversial hardforks, stuff like that should be decided from the start.

N-rG

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:22:40 PM

I think the price will rise again. I speculate this as although the price has come down, the volume traded has remained steady. And looking at the trends (some basic analysis) the price has fluctuated sideways and comes back up immediately after going down. My reason for saying all this is to ask you, whether I am thinking in the right direction. Noobs gotta ask.

As I expected the 1 Billion Dollar bubble on ETH just bursted. More than 100.000.000 Dollars are already gone.

XMR / BTC are a safe harbor for money. The growing rate of XMR is for sure higher than BTC (~20% the last 6 days). So everyone who is smart moves his money to XMR or BTC. For me they are directly connected. The release of zcash is going to be interesting. From my POV the company hired some guys Trolling around, spread fame about zcash and talk down other coins. This coin is going to be good for XMR.speculation

Why?

1. Its marketing, zcash trolls are going to argue/compare with XMR
2. Zcash bubble will burst (zcash is going to be a bubble and i assume kinda to be a scam in the end)*²
3. As soon ppl. realize that XMR is solid, real and superior they will switch.

If XMR has a working GUI at this point, the red carpet for XMR is rolled out.*³

*² Futures are already traded with 90$. And there are plenty of other reasons what makes me believing this.
*³ Factors who could bring XMR to struggle: AlphaBay exits business, no GUI. Moreover the company behind zcash has a lot of marketing and could use it to fight against any competitor. Could get ugly. But XMR will win this will happen

Well for now I just hold my coins. Daily trading is kinda boring here. When I close my ETH short I'll open either a new one with Zcash or just reinvest to buy XMR.

pps. just saw the last debate between Hillary and Trump....poor US, so done.
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:43:37 PM

so you're saying the miners should pay for development with their electricity bills? Block rewards aren't free, you know?

Why am I even bothering...some people are just like that. Landmine producers, Monsanto business developers, weapon merchants.
Others just like being assholes and feel empowered by it.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
medusa13

hello world

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:45:19 PM

you are just a free rider then in my eyes. if everyone would think like you this project would have gone nowehre.

we will have a special table for those llike you at every conference i am, sowhere far away in the corner.

XMR Monero
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 01:59:13 PM

you are just a free rider then in my eyes. if everyone would think like you this project would have gone nowehre.

we will have a special table for those llike you at every conference i am, sowhere far away in the corner.

Yes because this project relies on donations and the genorisity of stingy guys.
Therefore it would have been better to take a part of block reward (perhaps 1-2 %) to development and marketing (I consider marketing now more critical than development).
If the miners feel it is not profitable to mine anymore, they will quit mining and the difficulty readjusts.
ALso, no matter how much is donated - it will not speed the development enough... The whole GUI fiasco is a good example of it. It was collected like 1 year or so ago with quite hefty prize (18 000 XMR) which currently represents more than 100 k usd. But still the GUI is not there... Well, we will see if it comes out (or not) by the end of 2016...
medusa13

hello world

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 02:13:38 PM

what you dont get is most of them work for free and invest tons of time. and for those, like you, who profit from that fact and dont invest time and effort like the others, the hall of fame was created. its simple like that. everyone has to contribute, espeically the big holders. you can also contribute in some other form, i dont care about that. but i want to see you contributing (buying coins is not a contribution). i cant force you to contribute, but i can blame you for not doing so, and this is what im doing (and will continue to do so).

so dont dissapoint me (and im sure many others) who dont just want to see you talking here.

get the fame or stay lame Roll Eyes

XMR Monero
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 04:06:49 PM

Anonimal's Kovri Full Time Development Funding Thread

https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/86967/anonimal-s-kovri-development-funding-thread

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
adolf512

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 04:38:57 PM

It seams that the price always crashed down after an increase, obviously the traders are emotional, i regret longing my xmr, that prevented me from capitalize from the market irrationality(selling when people are over-exited). Now instead people are scared and are selling it cheap(another chance to buy if you have any money left to invest).

The trend is still up, it is just very slow, it drops less each time. I will stick to my original plan of not selling below 0.013 even if the price is very likely to go down.

N-rG

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 04:50:21 PM

No, there are groups who are just shorting XMR. I like it cause I couldnt move new fiat fast enough to change into BTC and buy more xmr Smiley maybe we see a new drop to 100 Smiley
mfqrs3

Activity: 419

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 04:52:36 PM

Btc down, Xmr down
Btc up, Xmr down
Btc stable, Xmr down

Summary down, down, down Smiley
adolf512

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 04:58:57 PM

No, there are groups who are just shorting XMR. I like it cause I couldnt move new fiat fast enough to change into BTC and buy more xmr Smiley maybe we see a new drop to 100 Smiley
I noticed an extreme spike on lone-prices earlier and the dumping is heavy. Unfortinatily i am out of BTC and fiat now, i might sell some during the next peak(not more than 50%) and rebuy during the next drop.

These drops are hard on my emotions, i would never sell at this level(i don't really like to sell between 0.012 and 0.013 either but if i had i would have more xmr now). People keep telling me to hold but i lose money every-time i follow that stupid strategy, selling during euphoria and buying during despair has worked much better for me.

I noticed an extreme increase in xmr-interest earlier(to 0.05%/day) maybe the price was crashed by shorters and cased panic(a lot of people use stop-losses or sell when the price is falling), there was intense buying below 0.012 but it couldn't keep up with all dumping.

mfqrs3

Activity: 419

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 05:01:00 PM

Just short it on every rise, and you will be fine. Look at the Lending page, when you see large amounts of coins, and low fees, expect dump.
mambamanagement

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2016, 05:07:00 PM

Just short it on every rise, and you will be fine. Look at the Lending page, when you see large amounts of coins, and low fees, expect dump.

until that time it doesn't come back down....
Pages: « 1 ... 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 [1182] 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: