Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:53:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 [1349] 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312332 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 05:11:51 PM

Ohhh, W00ps was I right yet again?
When you think you're right, you're wrong.
And when you think you're wrong, you're mistaken.

Yup, I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken. Tongue

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:24:11 AM

Why dont we make our own coinbase?

It's going back to 12 isnt it? THis is depressing.....

What happens if dash overtakes?

Fingers crossed they are unable to overtake.

There are only 4-5 million coins to be mined until the minimum block reward... This should start to become visible in the marketcap... Not that many coins flooding to the markets anymore.
Price is still pretty low, in my opinion the price should be 30 + usd currently or 0.03 btc. The latter part of bitcoin pump might have a positive impact on the price of Monero as Monero is a viable tool for diversification when the time comes to diversify from btc to cash and other investments as it may not be prudent to be all in bitcoin at the peak.

off course monero could spread more fud about Dash so that it can never overtake Xmr marketcap...

Feed the troll post.

Posts like these feed the trolls, you should delete it.

yea right, we should fud dash but keep our hand clean at the same time
'
Do you think FUDdin Dark coin would help the price of XMR to rise?
mambamanagement

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:57:20 AM

do you think me not going home with a girl tonight means I won't marry a supermodel?
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 07:27:07 AM

I am afraid FUDding Darkcoin has not been proven to be a good strategy. Dark coin is not a dead coin but it is rising and there is still people buying it despite there have been a ton of FUDders....
I am not saying we should not warn noobs from investing into it but the excessive FUDding storm may not help... The problem with XMR is the lack of marketing and hype which Dark coin seem to have all the time. That's the reason why it is pretty hard to compete with it. You do not sell your products unless you do not repeat the good news about it.
You know, the same energy that is targeted to the FUDding Dark coin can be channeled into the positive hype and pump of Monero.
Which coin you would personally buy: a coin that has a marketing plan and therefore holds/increases its value or a coin that is a super technically and non-marketed and therefore is under the risk of the death?
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 08:11:24 AM

I am afraid FUDding Darkcoin has not been proven to be a good strategy. Dark coin is not a dead coin but it is rising and there is still people buying it despite there have been a ton of FUDders....
I am not saying we should not warn noobs from investing into it but the excessive FUDding storm may not help... The problem with XMR is the lack of marketing and hype which Dark coin seem to have all the time. That's the reason why it is pretty hard to compete with it.

Pretty hard to compete?  We have a significantly larger market cap.

You do not sell your products unless you do not repeat the good news about it.
You know, the same energy that is targeted to the FUDding Dark coin can be channeled into the positive hype and pump of Monero.
Which coin you would personally buy: a coin that has a marketing plan and therefore holds/increases its value or a coin that is a super technically and non-marketed and therefore is under the risk of the death?

I think the answer is pretty obvious - Dash is inferior for reasons anyone who knows about it is aware of. This fact makes it impossible to prefer.  One can look at its marketing and say it looks good, yes - but it is not the measure of a coin for anyone who looks beyond the superficial. 

Complaining about marketing is one thing, although coming from someone who has said he does not believe in donating to support Monero projects it is slightly ironic. Suggesting we struggle to compete and should be 'more like' dash and use 'hype and pump' tactics is just silly.

我想要火箭和火车
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Dumb broad

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:40:57 AM

I am not saying we should not warn noobs from investing into it but the excessive FUDding storm may not help... The problem with XMR is the lack of marketing and hype which Dark coin seem to have all the time. That's the reason why it is pretty hard to compete with it.

I think the answer is pretty obvious - Dash is inferior for reasons anyone who knows about it is aware of. This fact makes it impossible to prefer.  One can look at its marketing and say it looks good, yes - but it is not the measure of a coin for anyone who looks beyond the superficial. 

Complaining about marketing is one thing, although coming from someone who has said he does not believe in donating to support Monero projects it is slightly ironic. Suggesting we struggle to compete and should be 'more like' dash and use 'hype and pump' tactics is just silly.

I don't know why you bother trying to engage in rational conversation with TC.

DO you remember the user who used to hang out in Adams thread a few years back and his opinion vacillated wildly from day to day, often from post to post and he was constantly winding everyone up with 'doom' or 'moon'?  I can't recall his name (driving me bonkers now) but it turned out his account was shared by a number of people living in the same house (well, that was the explanation for the split personality behaviour eventually given).

If it wasn't for the grammar and spelling I'd say it was the same with TC.

goin2mars.

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 11:56:28 AM

http://monerostats.com/charts/?type=transactions

me before: goo dot gl/QV7mhF
C0A2A1C4
ham
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 01:54:33 PM

Pretty hard to compete?  We have a significantly larger market cap.

I think the answer is pretty obvious - Dash is inferior for reasons anyone who knows about it is aware of. This fact makes it impossible to prefer.  One can look at its marketing and say it looks good, yes - but it is not the measure of a coin for anyone who looks beyond the superficial.  

I don't know why you bother trying to engage in rational conversation with TC.

DO you remember the user who used to hang out in Adams thread a few years back and his opinion vacillated wildly from day to day, often from post to post and he was constantly winding everyone up with 'doom' or 'moon'?  I can't recall his name (driving me bonkers now) but it turned out his account was shared by a number of people living in the same house (well, that was the explanation for the split personality behaviour eventually given).

You mean Shroomskit?   Weird distorted animal icon and forever flailing and raging about the price?

我想要火箭和火车
rinus

Activity: 362
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 01:56:44 PM

What is happening with dash? Price keeps going up?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 02:26:42 PM

What is happening with dash? Price keeps going up?

It's happening for no good reason, so it's just a pump.

Focus on fundamentals like Monero's good crypto technology, not shiny distractions like Dash's marketing.

They are still trying to finish the complex task of building an ATM.  We are breaking new ground in the field of cyptography by funding research into multisig via RingCT.

Monero's price is going up too; I'm fairly sure this is a record for time spent above $13.  Building a nice base for the move to $50...

Just wait until Monero has multisig and payment channels, while Dash is stuck trying to get Evolution to work with InstantX and IPv6!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 04:11:37 PM

Significiantly = 20 million usd.
ccccccc7

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 04:14:13 PM

I have no idea about Dash as I stupidly skipped over the whole 2014-2016 x11 mining period and have presumed x11 coins are shit coins and I've given them 0 attention.

Why is Dash exactly inferior? The price is rising and there is some buzz or whatever around the coin atm
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:44:53 PM

I have no idea about Dash as I stupidly skipped over the whole 2014-2016 x11 mining period and have presumed x11 coins are shit coins and I've given them 0 attention.

Why is Dash exactly inferior? The price is rising and there is some buzz or whatever around the coin atm

i think you should ask this question to Dash thread, this is Xmr thread and not Dash. so no one here will tell you the truth about Dash.

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 05:54:03 PM

DO you remember the user who used to hang out in Adams thread a few years back and his opinion vacillated wildly from day to day, often from post to post and he was constantly winding everyone up with 'doom' or 'moon'?  I can't recall his name (driving me bonkers now) but it turned out his account was shared by a number of people living in the same house (well, that was the explanation for the split personality behaviour eventually given).

You mean Shroomskit?   Weird distorted animal icon and forever flailing and raging about the price?

Haha thats the one!  The half bird half dog or whatever it was.  Schizophrenic account!   
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 06:50:55 PM

Bleep, the Monero premium is only 17 million currently...  Cry

I mean seriously, I wonder what's wrong - don't you be worried about this? Especially knowing that it is quite hard to dump Dark coin because it doesn't like to go down much.

I am still holding Moneros but the situation of Dark coin gaining market cap and Monero staying stable is something I guess people should be worried when it comes to the network effect.  I do not care so much about my holdings that stays the same pretty much but I am more worried about the lack of marketing which might take us in the bad situation of losing the little network effect Monero has. Who wants to buy an asset that is not rising in the price? I know there are some but I am afraid that group is minority.  Undecided
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 07:18:54 PM

I mean seriously, I wonder what's wrong - don't you be worried about this? Especially knowing that it is quite hard to dump Dark coin because it doesn't like to go down much.

I am still holding Moneros but the situation of Dark coin gaining market cap and Monero staying stable is something I guess people should be worried when it comes to the network effect.  I do not care so much about my holdings that stays the same pretty much but I am more worried about the lack of marketing which might take us in the bad situation of losing the little network effect Monero has. Who wants to buy an asset that is not rising in the price? I know there are some but I am afraid that group is minority.  Undecided

Back to blatantly preaching your Book again IC, whats the matter need to dump Dark and get back in XMR?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 08:11:23 PM

Back to blatantly preaching your Book again IC, whats the matter need to dump Dark and get back in XMR?

Actually no. I have no open trades. I am not a trader but a bagholder of Monero. I try simply to wake people up from the sleep..... If I was trading I would not need to scream this from the roof tops. Simply buying and selling without noise.
The problem of Dark coin pump without Monero pump is the potential loss of network effect.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 09:07:46 PM

Actually no. I have no open trades. I am not a trader but a bagholder of Monero. I try simply to wake people up from the sleep..... If I was trading I would not need to scream this from the roof tops. Simply buying and selling without noise.
The problem of Dark coin pump without Monero pump is the potential loss of network effect.

Given the price history of DASH/XMR https://poloniex.com/exchange#xmr_dash DASH overtaking Monero in market cap is a non event. What really matters here is the long term fundamentals of Monero. Those are strong and getting stronger by the day. As with any crypto currency; however there remains the risk of a complete loss of funds with Monero. I do understand that given the amount of emotion between XMR and DASH that the DASH market cap could be seen as support for XMR and the XMR market cap as resistance for DASH. For this reason I would expect DASH to show resistance around 2 XMR and 0.024 XBT which would cause DASH to test the current Monero market cap, if XMR does not move to the upside before.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 09:11:52 PM

Darkcoin with the huge pre insta mine?

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 09:38:10 PM

Bleep, the Monero premium is only 17 million currently...  Cry

I am still holding Moneros but the situation of Dark coin gaining market cap and Monero staying stable is something I guess people should be worried when it comes to the network effect.  I do not care so much about my holdings that stays the same pretty much but I am more worried about the lack of marketing which might take us in the bad situation of losing the little network effect Monero has. Who wants to buy an asset that is not rising in the price? I know there are some but I am afraid that group is minority.  Undecided

From what you are saying why not sell some of your monero and buy dash. If you own equal parts of each you'll never miss one of the "pumps". (I loathe that terminology) hedge your position.  If dash beats out monero you still win.

If you have a reason NOT to do the above then what are you worked up about?

You also constantly talk about lack of marketing.  Personally I see this as a FEATURE of monero.  But if you want to see it marketed why not pay to have that happen? Though I'd prefer you didn't.
Pages: « 1 ... 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 [1349] 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: