Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:30:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 [1350] 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312329 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Luxo

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

The lack of marketing can be seen as a good thing as all the funds that would go to marketing can go to monero development... which is most important because nobody would want to buy an half-assed  coin with flaws in it. If you want marketing you can do it on your own as it is an open-source project.

For those who want to make money off Monero, patience is what you will need. Monero has not been marketing since the beginning and look where it is now... quite positive and I thought we would go down by a lot more by now. Surprisingly we are still going up (because BTC is going up and XMR is holding its ground) despite no real news. There are things to look forward to this year in regards to monero.

Hold, sit back and try to help Monero spread however you can.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 12:55:24 AM

@TC, Ripple is already ahead of Monero in market cap. Why aren't you concerned about that?

Is Dash suddenly offering something new and compelling that renders Monero obsolete? What do you think will happen if Dash's market cap goes above that of Monero? Will everyone suddenly abandon XMR in favor of Dash's tech?
goin2mars.

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 01:07:45 AM

Well yeah, I think thats the intent. To take advantage of the unending stream of loss aversionists. Obviously not 'everyone' but time and time again it has always been enough to stunt XMR buying and scare some of the more susceptible stat based humans.

Personally I tend to just watch the board less every time this whole played-out Dash/Monero facade cycles through and focus on other hobbies.

Nonstop cycle: rise up, short the market until lending is profitless, draw attention to up and ups elsewhere, short the less supported market, weeks of solitide, rise up, repeat.

See ya'll in a few months :p

me before: goo dot gl/QV7mhF
C0A2A1C4
ham
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:04:07 AM

Yeah DASH going up while HoneyPony seems stagnant is frustrating to be sure... especially for me as I did used to own some Dash (not near as much XMR though) and I dumped it a while back trying to consolidate things.  Oh well.

However let's remember here: which major end-user visible crypto exchange company is very likely to be just about to add Monero as their third coin (cough coinbase? cough) and most likely they're NOT adding Dash any time soon...?  Have you guys really thought thru *exactly* what that kind of visibility and IMPACT is really going to mean, when it happens?  Remember it's only the THIRD coin that they're adding... after BTC, ETH and then... XMR!!!

I know I know, don't count chickens till they hatch etc etc but just saying... if/when stuff like that's gonna happen to XMR these little competitive squabbles over a little DarkCoin pumpin' & dumpin' will be just amusing to look back on in this thread  Grin

Technical quality and infrastructure MATTERS!!!  Stay the course...

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:42:28 AM

Yeah DASH going up while HoneyPony seems stagnant is frustrating to be sure... especially for me as I did used to own some Dash (not near as much XMR though) and I dumped it a while back trying to consolidate things.  Oh well.

However let's remember here: which major end-user visible crypto exchange company is very likely to be just about to add Monero as their third coin (cough coinbase? cough) and most likely they're NOT adding Dash any time soon...?  Have you guys really thought thru *exactly* what that kind of visibility and IMPACT is really going to mean, when it happens?  Remember it's only the THIRD coin that they're adding... after BTC, ETH and then... XMR!!!

I know I know, don't count chickens till they hatch etc etc but just saying... if/when stuff like that's gonna happen to XMR these little competitive squabbles over a little DarkCoin pumpin' & dumpin' will be just amusing to look back on in this thread  Grin

Technical quality and infrastructure MATTERS!!!  Stay the course...

Does anyone remember when Coinbase added ETH?

I don't follow their site much.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Dumb broad

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 02:57:49 AM

DO you remember the user who used to hang out in Adams thread a few years back and his opinion vacillated wildly from day to day, often from post to post and he was constantly winding everyone up with 'doom' or 'moon'?  I can't recall his name (driving me bonkers now) but it turned out his account was shared by a number of people living in the same house (well, that was the explanation for the split personality behaviour eventually given).

If it wasn't for the grammar and spelling I'd say it was the same with TC.

You mean Shroomskit?   Weird distorted animal icon and forever flailing and raging about the price?

Haha thats the one!  The half bird half dog or whatever it was.  Schizophrenic account!   

YES.  Shroomskit...thank you guys that was driving me insane.  And the bird/dog avatar thing.
The nutters crypto attracts.

Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:02:21 AM

Yeah DASH going up while HoneyPony seems stagnant is frustrating to be sure... especially for me as I did used to own some Dash (not near as much XMR though) and I dumped it a while back trying to consolidate things.  Oh well.

However let's remember here: which major end-user visible crypto exchange company is very likely to be just about to add Monero as their third coin (cough coinbase? cough) and most likely they're NOT adding Dash any time soon...?  Have you guys really thought thru *exactly* what that kind of visibility and IMPACT is really going to mean, when it happens?  Remember it's only the THIRD coin that they're adding... after BTC, ETH and then... XMR!!!

I know I know, don't count chickens till they hatch etc etc but just saying... if/when stuff like that's gonna happen to XMR these little competitive squabbles over a little DarkCoin pumpin' & dumpin' will be just amusing to look back on in this thread  Grin

IIRC it was toward the end of a massive pump, and the price and volume were already near all-time highs. I'm not sure the addition to Coinbase resulted in any significant movements beyond that.
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:21:17 AM

It would have helped if the whole XMR vs DASH meme wasn't unnecessarily brought back from the dead.

In Monero's early days Bytecoin went to numerous lengths to FUD Monero with a view to destroy it. This inevitably led to a war of words: Bytecoin would attack with sockpuppets and Monero would spend precious intellectual resources defending itself and criticising Bytecoin. The situation led to a risk of creating a BCN vs XMR meme that would have (1) exhausted everyone (2) continued to make Bytecoin appear relevant and (3) allowed Darkcoin to sail unscathed into the sunset giving it the network effect.

Thankfully the community wised up.

Bytecoin was thereafter strategically ignored, Darkcoin was strategically challenged, and soon everyone was talking in terms of DRK vs XMR - a clever move which slowed the growth of DRK, accelerated the growth of XMR while starving BCN of oxygen and letting it slowly wither into a pile of potatoes.

When Monero ascended Dash on the marketcap, ideally Dash should have just been ignored from then on. Any strategic debate should have focussed on XMR vs zKSNARKS.

The XMR vs DASH meme only benefits DASH at this point.
CTTE

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:56:37 AM

IIRC it was toward the end of a massive pump, and the price and volume were already near all-time highs. I'm not sure the addition to Coinbase resulted in any significant movements beyond that.

So, how do we know that the massive pump was not the prelude to Coinbase adding ETH or was maybe caused by insiders knowing that they were about to add it.  In the crypto world there doesn't seem to be any real "watchdog" so to speak that would stop or maybe even prohibit someone making a ton of money with insider information. Am I totally wrong in thinking that if there were any large entities or whales that somehow knew about it, that the buying would be pretty aggressive, especially with possibly a shorter timeframe?

Sometimes, if you want to catch some fish, it pays to follow the whales...
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 4851

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:57:09 AM

I think it was right before the DAO implosion.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 05:02:00 AM

I don't know if it will be considered "talking my book" thought I also kinda don't care. Wink

I had some orders get filled today...  I think we are a little oversold.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 07:44:00 AM

I don't know if it will be considered "talking my book" thought I also kinda don't care. Wink

And, a little more oversold.  Support is beyond weak.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:07:17 AM

And, a little more oversold.  Support is beyond weak.

Agreed - buy side has been below recent norms for a while.  Under 1250 on buy side vs 300K XMR on sale.

Massively oversold now, but market needs to see it as such.

We're only back to late December prices, I guess, but I confess I cannot see why.

我想要火箭和火车
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:50:36 AM

Bleep, the Monero premium is only 17 million currently...  Cry

I mean seriously, I wonder what's wrong - don't you be worried about this? Especially knowing that it is quite hard to dump Dark coin because it doesn't like to go down much.

I am still holding Moneros but the situation of Dark coin gaining market cap and Monero staying stable is something I guess people should be worried when it comes to the network effect.  I do not care so much about my holdings that stays the same pretty much but I am more worried about the lack of marketing which might take us in the bad situation of losing the little network effect Monero has. Who wants to buy an asset that is not rising in the price? I know there are some but I am afraid that group is minority.  Undecided

Why are you so worried about the price going down?

The market is healthy if you look at the volume traded on XMR.

Markets gonna market, speculators gonna ...you know.

Looking at a single value to be concerned with (market cap) is like trying to forecast the weather while looking at an ant hill.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

kurious
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:14:29 PM

Bleep, the Monero premium is only 17 million currently...  Cry

I mean seriously, I wonder what's wrong - don't you be worried about this? Especially knowing that it is quite hard to dump Dark coin because it doesn't like to go down much.

I am still holding Moneros but the situation of Dark coin gaining market cap and Monero staying stable is something I guess people should be worried when it comes to the network effect.  I do not care so much about my holdings that stays the same pretty much but I am more worried about the lack of marketing which might take us in the bad situation of losing the little network effect Monero has. Who wants to buy an asset that is not rising in the price? I know there are some but I am afraid that group is minority.  Undecided

Why are you so worried about the price going down?

The market is healthy if you look at the volume traded on XMR.

Markets gonna market, speculators gonna ...you know.

Looking at a single value to be concerned with (market cap) is like trying to forecast the weather while looking at an ant hill.

The volume has picked up hugely - back to no.1 on Polo, so the fight back begins.

About time.

我想要火箭和火车
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:15:02 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2017, 04:28:18 PM by Febo

The volume has picked up hugely - back to no.1 on Polo, so the fight back begins.

About time.

Whole last month was nothing like last half year. 18 days with under 100k XMR traded on Poloniex.  There were only 2 such days in 5 months before.

Tiny bit of it should be because of Kraken and Bitfinex. A tiny bit more also because of stable Bitcoin.  

But on the other hand Monero is still 4th most traded coin in last 30 days:

kurious
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 05:54:49 PM

About time.

Whole last month was nothing like last half year. 18 days with under 100k XMR traded on Poloniex.  There were only 2 such days in 5 months before.

Tiny bit of it should be because of Kraken and Bitfinex. A tiny bit more also because of stable Bitcoin.  

But on the other hand Monero is still 4th most traded coin in last 30 days:

Back to the $13.5 level sees us back at 4th in market cap, too.  The low volume was very odd, I agree - (the previous) just 2 days in 5 months does not surprise me.  The last few weeks have been troubling.

But hey, even stars like XMR need a little break once in a while, looks like Honeypony is back at work now.

EDIT: for sense

我想要火箭和火车
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 06:11:55 PM

MAAM #49 Monero Ask Anything Monday:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/5v5lmi/maam_49_monero_ask_anything_monday/

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 06:16:15 PM

@TC, Ripple is already ahead of Monero in market cap. Why aren't you concerned about that?

Is Dash suddenly offering something new and compelling that renders Monero obsolete? What do you think will happen if Dash's market cap goes above that of Monero? Will everyone suddenly abandon XMR in favor of Dash's tech?

Ripple is not a direct competitor of XMR because it is not aiming at being anonymous. But of course any crypto is indirect competition, but just indirect (in the same way as Etherium).
Dark coin is offering a bullish price pattern.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 06:21:38 PM

The XMR vs DASH meme only benefits DASH at this point.

You are internalizing the DashHole's "The XMR vs DASH meme only benefits DASH at this point" meme used to deflect criticism and discourage whistleblowing regarding their instamined scamcoin.

Paraphrased:

"The Bitcoin vs OneCoin meme only benefits OneCoin at this point."

There is no need to concede the (asinine) DashHole belief that all criticism and condemnation of their coin is necessarily motivated by the desire to pump another.

If you see fraud and don't cry fraud you are a fraud.

This hippy "we need to all hold hands & get along" attitude only works in the absence of broken designs & of scams (intended or otherwise).

We're not going to stop shining the light on those cockroaches simply because a little pump makes some nervous Nellies fretful and FOMO'd.   Smiley

In fact, the light is about to get brighter. 

PseudoNode is being forked into PseudoMasternode.

The discovery Dash relies on Proof of Ping is being used to create Lazy Masternodes.

Stack those together and add a Dash of secret sauce, then we start trolling them at the protocol level....  <evil grin>

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 [1350] 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: