Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:22:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 [1674] 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312339 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
walonek

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:01:46 AM

How do you longterm holders look right now? Who sold at 0.03 or even 0.02 made money. Everyone missed his time. Simply noMore. noMore even cant rebounce upto 0.02. Waiting for frustrated holders to attack me. I hold for 1 year and sold and at least I am happy that i made money from lazy, one of biggest coins, which looks today as crap at over 1 year timeframe(comparing to the market).  BTC frozen for over 1 year is too long. I predicted 0.02 at rebounce but that even made shit! noMore is such weak coin...
My trading strategy is fine with the current price - it feeds off volatility, so personally I'm fine with the current situation, however if the price halved i'd almost be out the market. I make BTC all the way up and XMR all the way down.

For buying yes. It probably is good time. But looking at history of noMore movements. At the market are MORE better behaving coins. 3D RSI even at levels of 35. Highly oversold market still selling! Last time RSI dug so deep was before the august pump. But it dug fast and fast grown. At the moment the noMore is falling for OVER 1 MONTH without any buss stops or rebounces. Weakest coin of biggest... even LTC behaves better Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:20:14 AM

How do you longterm holders look right now? Who sold at 0.03 or even 0.02 made money. Everyone missed his time. Simply noMore. noMore even cant rebounce upto 0.02. Waiting for frustrated holders to attack me. I hold for 1 year and sold and at least I am happy that i made money from lazy, one of biggest coins, which looks today as crap at over 1 year timeframe(comparing to the market).  BTC frozen for over 1 year is too long. I predicted 0.02 at rebounce but that even made shit! noMore is such weak coin...
My trading strategy is fine with the current price - it feeds off volatility, so personally I'm fine with the current situation, however if the price halved i'd almost be out the market. I make BTC all the way up and XMR all the way down.

For buying yes. It probably is good time. But looking at history of noMore movements. At the market are MORE better behaving coins. 3D RSI even at levels of 35. Highly oversold market still selling! Last time RSI dug so deep was before the august pump. But it dug fast and fast grown. At the moment the noMore is falling for OVER 1 MONTH without any buss stops or rebounces. Weakest coin of biggest... even LTC behaves better Smiley
The last pump was crazy - it really caught me short - so no surprise that the correction is also pretty steep - I have the feeling that the next increase will be pretty (but not as) volatile too. I should probably increase my profit margins on my XMR strategy, as its currently similar to my LTC strategy - which as you say is way more stable. Not sure if any rebound will happen before the BTC forks but depends upon how sharp and deep these sells continue to be and how tempting the price becomes.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:29:49 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2017, 08:41:18 AM by aminorex

There were late breaking bugs in Byzantium, so Parity Tech wants it pushed back, to avoid the possibility that a rushed fix does serious harm, but core seems hostile to the delay, in large degree because of the impending difficulty bomb: If Constantinople, and full-on PoS, doesn't come very soon, the bomb will create a lot of volatility, in block times, and in prices (just when EOS is set to become a serious competitor)... There are just too many ways for this to go wrong.  Each is unlikely in isolation, but in aggregate it adds up to an awful lot of risk, right after a massive pump.  That is likely to spur a lot of profit-taking, in my opinion.  

The golden boy of crypto is starting to look green around the edges, and a bad smell accompanies him into the room lately.  ICOs have been driving BTC, and ETH even more so.  Now that they are drying up or domiciling in third-world havens (unattractive to investors) as regulators crack down in all the first and second world countries, now that the only platform for ICOs that matters is beginning to shake, the ICO inflows are drying up, and the recent correction may very well be the start of a crypto sector cap shrink, another crypto winter, another bubble pop.  The tide may be going out, and we may soon see who has been swimming naked.  

On the other hand, this is just the sort of fraught situation which creates a wall of worry, and persistent hidden demand could force price to climb that wall.  It seems very binary to me.  (And when everyone thinks so, then price will stagnate, plateau, and form a long term base.  Such is the contrarian's reality: A hall of mirrors, Spy vs. Spy.)

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Lukus

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:17:03 AM

Can somebody give me his advice? I was researching privacy coins and it come down to two XMR and ZCoin (XZC), and as far as I understand XZC is pretty good. It also has small marketcap the problem is only with not big community... So where to invest XMR or XZC? Thanks in advance and apologies if im in the wrong thread...
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 10:47:32 AM

Can somebody give me his advice? I was researching privacy coins and it come down to two XMR and ZCoin (XZC), and as far as I understand XZC is pretty good. It also has small marketcap the problem is only with not big community... So where to invest XMR or XZC? Thanks in advance and apologies if im in the wrong thread...

https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/2719/how-does-monero-privacy-and-security-compare-to-zcoin

aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:20:51 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 06:35:29 AM by aminorex

Can somebody give me his advice?

I will repeat the points which have prevented me from ever using Zcash.

I don't trust the "trusted setup".  On the one hand, 6 people are not enough to preclude collusion, or to provide enough eyes to do diligence against trickery.  On the other hand it is too many points of failure, given that the incentive to defect is on the order of at least hundreds of millions of dollars, potentially many billions.

I don't trust the design.  Sigint operatives have subverted NIST standards, inserted backdoors in commercial and open source operating systems, even intercepted hardware being shipped from a vendor and modified it to gain systems access.

Let's consider the known facts about the Zcash team in this light:

Greene is at UMd, and NSA is very tight with UMd. He has publicly stated that zerocash (upon which zcash is based) can be backdoored, in the interests of the government.

Zooko Wilcox, the most visible member if the Zcash team, after whom the currency is named (!!), has also made public statements - and subsequently retracted them - similar to Greene's.

Members of the development team include admitted former Mossad sigint operatives.  And I don't think one ever really leaves the Mossad.  The Mossad cooperates extensively with the U.S. intelligence agencies.

Now let's consider factors unrelated to the specific team:

The mathematics of zk-snarks is not adequately reviewed.  Few people understand it well, and nobody understands it well enough to publish a peer-reviewed proof of its security in any feasible implementation.  Existing proofs address much more narrowly restricted claims, and are easily used as a cover for insidious activities.

Anonymity is only useful if the participants in the anonymity set are many.  The overwhelming majority of Zcash transactions are not anonymous, by design.  This has terrible consequences for the privacy and security of those network participants who choose to use it's purported privacy features.

AlphaBay implemented Zcash on July 1st.  By July 5th their servers were seized, and within days the principal operator was found dead, hanging by the neck in a Bangkok jail cell.

My conclusion:

I can not prove, but on the evidence and facts do believe, that Zcash is an NSA/Mossad honeypot, like Dash, and if you use it in conjunction with an activity which members of the Anglo-Israeli signals intelligence community are incentivized to disrupt, your life is in danger.  

I have had extensive experience working with these people, and consider them to be ruthless sociopaths. Nice friends to have, and generally well-meaning and interesting individuals, but sociopaths none the less.  Hitler was kind to animals and children.  As Voltaire observed, if you can be made to believe absurdities, you can be made to commit atrocities.

Edit, in post script:

Besides which, I find it offensively stupid to pay the developers a 20% tax.  I believe in voluntary support of the common good, not stealthy embezzlement.  I am not volunteering to be anyone's tax donkey, let alone volunteering to be subject to invasive surveillance in the process.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:22:29 PM

I think distributed blockchains might be the future solution to scalability.

Sounds wacky but imagine scaling out instead of up.

aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:27:04 PM

And trivial to implement: Just place your block store on IPFS (in a canonical form).  A more sophisticated implementation can then wait, perhaps indefinitely.

garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 02:27:14 PM

Lesson learned if you use zcash you'll be dead within a week, because Illuminati.

aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:34:29 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2017, 02:46:05 PM by aminorex

I have found that unless one hardens one's heart against mockery, it is impossible to act with conviction.  Reduction to absurdity in the sense of contradiction to known facts is a useful form of proof.  Reduction to absurdity in the sense of a socially derived giggle factor is just deceitful.  It is a tested and venerated method of propaganda.  For this reason I find garytheasshole's comment offensive to my sense of honesty.  (Why am I not surprised?)

"The finest trick of the devil is to persuade you that he does not exist." --Baudelaire

BitMarshall

Activity: 209

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:35:46 PM

Monero has a bright future because of its unique technology.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:50:58 PM

https://themerkle.com/tabfor-lets-users-decide-upon-a-cause-for-in-browser-monero-mining/

I do believe that increasing hash rate feeds back into price support.  It is not unidirectionally causal, being more of a reflexive factor (in the sense of Mr. Soros), yet conditionally causal in the larger picture.

kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:49:12 PM

Can somebody give me his advice?

I will repeat the points which have prevented me from ever using Zcash. (ZEC, XZC and Zcash name the same single cryptocurrency.)

I don't trust the "trusted setup".  On the one hand, 6 people are not enough to preclude collusion, or to provide enough eyes to do diligence against trickery.  On the other hand it is too many points of failure, given that the incentive to defect is on the order of at least hundreds of millions of dollars, potentially many billions.

I don't trust the design.  Sigint operatives have subverted NIST standards, inserted backdoors in commercial and open source operating systems, even intercepted hardware being shipped from a vendor and modified it to gain systems access.

Let's consider the known facts about the Zcash team in this light:

Greene is at UMd, and NSA is very tight with UMd. He has publicly stated that zerocash (upon which zcash is based) can be backdoored, in the interests of the government.

Zooko Wilcox, the most visible member if the Zcash team, after whom the currency is named (!!), has also made public statements - and subsequently retracted them - similar to Greene's.

Members of the development team include admitted former Mossad sigint operatives.  And I don't think one ever really leaves the Mossad.  The Mossad cooperates extensively with the U.S. intelligence agencies.

Now let's consider factors unrelated to the specific team:

The mathematics of zk-snarks is not adequately reviewed.  Few people understand it well, and nobody understands it well enough to publish a peer-reviewed proof of its security in any feasible implementation.  Existing proofs address much more narrowly restricted claims, and are easily used as a cover for insidious activities.

Anonymity is only useful if the participants in the anonymity set are many.  The overwhelming majority of Zcash transactions are not anonymous, by design.  This has terrible consequences for the privacy and security of those network participants who choose to use it's purported privacy features.

AlphaBay implemented Zcash on July 1st.  By July 5th their servers were seized, and within days the principal operator was found dead, hanging by the neck in a Bangkok jail cell.

My conclusion:

I can not prove, but on the evidence and facts do believe, that Zcash is an NSA/Mossad honeypot, like Dash, and if you use it in conjunction with an activity which members of the Anglo-Israeli signals intelligence community are incentivized to disrupt, your life is in danger.  

I have had extensive experience working with these people, and consider them to be ruthless sociopaths. Nice friends to have, and generally well-meaning and interesting individuals, but sociopaths none the less.  Hitler was kind to animals and children.  As Voltaire observed, if you can be made to believe absurdities, you can be made to commit atrocities.

Edit, in post script:

Besides which, I find it offensively stupid to pay the developers a 20% tax.  I believe in voluntary support of the common good, not stealthy embezzlement.  I am not volunteering to be anyone's tax donkey, let alone volunteering to be subject to invasive surveillance in the process.

Bravo. Quoting this so I can find it again if Zcash is mentioned.  I will of course attribute it to its sagacious author if I ever mention it.

我想要火箭和火车
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4864

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:38:44 PM

There were late breaking bugs in Byzantium, so Parity Tech wants it pushed back, to avoid the possibility that a rushed fix does serious harm, but core seems hostile to the delay, in large degree because of the impending difficulty bomb: If Constantinople, and full-on PoS, doesn't come very soon, the bomb will create a lot of volatility, in block times, and in prices (just when EOS is set to become a serious competitor)... There are just too many ways for this to go wrong.  Each is unlikely in isolation, but in aggregate it adds up to an awful lot of risk, right after a massive pump.  That is likely to spur a lot of profit-taking, in my opinion.  

The golden boy of crypto is starting to look green around the edges, and a bad smell accompanies him into the room lately.  ICOs have been driving BTC, and ETH even more so.  Now that they are drying up or domiciling in third-world havens (unattractive to investors) as regulators crack down in all the first and second world countries, now that the only platform for ICOs that matters is beginning to shake, the ICO inflows are drying up, and the recent correction may very well be the start of a crypto sector cap shrink, another crypto winter, another bubble pop.  The tide may be going out, and we may soon see who has been swimming naked.  

On the other hand, this is just the sort of fraught situation which creates a wall of worry, and persistent hidden demand could force price to climb that wall.  It seems very binary to me.  (And when everyone thinks so, then price will stagnate, plateau, and form a long term base.  Such is the contrarian's reality: A hall of mirrors, Spy vs. Spy.)

Can someone translate this post in a ELI5 manner. I don't know most of these ETH (I assume) insider terms. Cheesy

Zcoin is a fraud that was launched at the same time as Zcash to steal the more foolish of the zcrap crowd and after lauch the Dev created coins out of thin air and dumped them, IOW it is a complete Scam.

AFA Zcash which is what you were probally refering to, aminorex covered that perfectly.

Sounds wacky but imagine scaling out instead of up.

This sounds like adding a massive point of vulnerability that will certainly be used as an attack vector.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:44:38 PM

Well maybe, and I suppose that's the point of healthy discussion.

A 51% attack might kind of become a 25.5% attack, but not if you used the anonymity powers to not let miners know which chain they were holding parts off.

I know it means you need a new kind of chain explorer that assembles everything from various clients. A bit more like torrents.

I am just some crazy guy with some ideas.

KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:09:16 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2017, 10:27:45 PM by KeyJockey

Can someone translate this post in a ELI5 manner. I don't know most of these ETH (I assume) insider terms. Cheesy

The simplest and most memorable criticism I ever remember reading about Ethereum was that the entire edifice is a massive house of cards balanced on the back of a 30 kilogram Russian  Grin

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
hpmp

Activity: 124

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:25:16 PM

The simplest and most memorable criticism I ever remember reading about Ethereum was that the entire edifice is a massive house of cards balanced on the back of a 30 kilogram Russian  Grin
wtf everybody hate Ethereum this week
But why? What happened? Did Vitalik stepped on balls of crypto community?
LennyCarl

Activity: 176
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:02:47 AM

The simplest and most memorable criticism I ever remember reading about Ethereum was that the entire edifice is a massive house of cards balanced on the back of a 30 kilogram Russian  Grin

Is it because ethereum supporters are called eth-heads? LOL I really don't know much if anything about ethereum. So, I just read this article and it did help to understand the current situation:  https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/10/19/josh-brown-goes-down-the-bitcoin-rabbit-hole-commentary.html

I especially liked this clarification to Aminorex's recent post about Ethereum driving bitcoin's price. Author says "From what was explained to me, the only reason for the run up in ether is that you need it to participate in ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings – an alternative to a traditional IPO where a company raises money via Ethereum). Bitcoin is "dumb" in that it can only be used for exchange or storing value. Ethereum is said to be "smart" because it can be used to codify one party's responsibility to another, like a contract. So all the hedge funds and traders flipping ICOs need to first buy ETH coins. Bitcoin doesn't get used for ICOs. Yet."

Anyway, my takeaway from the enjoyable article is that the crypto-verse is poised to really explode in 2018 (with probable volatility).

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4864

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:10:47 AM

The simplest and most memorable criticism I ever remember reading about Ethereum was that the entire edifice is a massive house of cards balanced on the back of a 30 kilogram Russian  Grin

shit, I had to google "edifice"! Lol Smiley

Never liked it because of the massive Pre-mine. And then they created the flawed DAO and became mutable and centralized so they are the epitome of what crypto was created to battle.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Rostchild

Activity: 134

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:19:23 AM

Patience and HODL are the key,
I predict that XMR would need time to have next support,
patience is the key.

I ll love to HODL this too a bit longer
Pages: « 1 ... 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 [1674] 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: