Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:30:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 [1675] 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312338 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:41:45 AM

Can somebody give me his advice? I was researching privacy coins and it come down to two XMR and ZCoin (XZC), and as far as I understand XZC is pretty good. It also has small marketcap the problem is only with not big community... So where to invest XMR or XZC? Thanks in advance and apologies if im in the wrong thread...

Zcoin is a fraud that was launched at the same time as Zcash to steal the more foolish of the zcrap crowd and after lauch the Dev created coins out of thin air and dumped them, IOW it is a complete Scam.

AFA Zcash which is what you were probally refering to, aminorex covered that perfectly.

Oops.  I should have read more carefully.  I seem to be developing a habit of making a fool of myself in the manner of Emily Litella...."nevermind." 

I infer that I don't take zerocoin seriously enough to recognize the words on my screen, whereas I find Zcash incredibly annoying.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JamesIV

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:05:59 AM

Patience and HODL are the key,
I predict that XMR would need time to have next support,
patience is the key.

I ll love to HODL this too a bit longer
ohm, I don't think that Monero price will rise again soon. The price has reached the top at $137 on August 31, and now it tends to decrease. So, Maybe you will have to wait for a long time. Undecided

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:12:03 AM

Can somebody give me his advice? I was researching privacy coins and it come down to two XMR and ZCoin (XZC), and as far as I understand XZC is pretty good. It also has small marketcap the problem is only with not big community... So where to invest XMR or XZC? Thanks in advance and apologies if im in the wrong thread...

Zcoin is a fraud that was launched at the same time as Zcash to steal the more foolish of the zcrap crowd and after lauch the Dev created coins out of thin air and dumped them, IOW it is a complete Scam.

AFA Zcash which is what you were probally refering to, aminorex covered that perfectly.

Oops.  I should have read more carefully.  I seem to be developing a habit of making a fool of myself in the manner of Emily Litella...."nevermind." 

I infer that I don't take zerocoin seriously enough to recognize the words on my screen, whereas I find Zcash incredibly annoying.

LOL, had to google that one! Now if you had said Roseanne Roseannadanna... Smiley

Patience and HODL are the key,
I predict that XMR would need time to have next support,
patience is the key.

I ll love to HODL this too a bit longer
ohm, I don't think that Monero price will rise again soon. The price has reached the top at $137 on August 31, and now it tends to decrease. So, Maybe you will have to wait for a long time. Undecided

Yup nothing but dumping from here on out will never get to $160 again! Everyone should sell right now while they can still get over $50. Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 210

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:00:59 AM

Waiting for december  Grin

guesswho1234

Activity: 155

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:38:58 AM

once again i abuse this thread for a little advertising  Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1958068

leave a comment Smiley
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:52:15 AM

Supply of coins on Polo is roughly matching the buy side.This is not normal for XMR, coins for sale are much fewer than normal. Just sayin. Maybe some people are trying to keep the lead on the price, it looks very flat.  I don't think this can last if sell side / buy side ratio stays like this.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 09:53:20 AM

LMAO. So much for Tezos' superior organizational structure  They sure showed silly old Core how to run a project.  Wow such meta-governance!

This fiasco provides an example of a governance model in a failure mode despite (or perhaps due to) being massively funded and then enjoying an BTC moon windfall on top of that.

L'affaire Tezos illustrates the crucial point that no amount of money makes up for talented, motivated, creative developers and a critical mass of community coming together in a viable ecosystem.

Like Tezos, Dash is falling badly behind in self-imposed development schedules despite having and endless supply of money to throw around.

The best devs are not for sale.  They work on whatever they want.  Nobody can buy them with ICO or Instamine shittokens.

The best devs tell people what they are going to do why they should be paid to do it.

Speaking of that, let's pat ourselves on the back for the Monero's FFS working out so well. Cool

If you were excited and then disappointed about Tezos, check out Cardano.  If their Ouroboros staking schema works as intended, PoW may be obsolete.  This convinced me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwxVySVF-U4

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:07:54 PM

So, I just read this article and it did help to understand the current situation: 
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/10/19/josh-brown-goes-down-the-bitcoin-rabbit-hole-commentary.html

LOL, besides the Ethereum stuff... this mainstream-media old-school CNBC article's not-too-subtle DISS on Bitcoin Cash actually kinda makes me want to go out and buy MORE BCH, rather than what I suspect is their intended effect (i.e. drive people away from it and encourage the masses to stick to *only* BTC and its "1Meg4EVA" design philosophy...)

All the "Roger Ver Is The Devil" hysteria aside... I'm getting a distinct impression that "they" are more than a little freaked out and panicking that BCH did not just immediately roll over and die after August 1st launch.

Srsly "interesting times" we live in.

Anyway, my takeaway from the enjoyable article is that the crypto-verse is poised to really explode in 2018 (with probable volatility).

That's probably overall very, very true.

I have to keep reminding myself that, frankly, it probably does NOT matter all THAT much what we-all here are choosing to put our interest and money into these days... as I suspect it will turn out in the end (10-15 years out) that having even JUST a little BIT of ANYTHING right now will put us miles-ahead of anyone else these days who has NOT YET gotten into *any* type of crypto, at all.

All those poor fools out there on the street who still believe their "dollars" will have any use or value in the future... SMH  Cry

Bottom line: Whether you have some BTC or BCH or XMR or ETH or even (gasp!) stupid Dash(LOL) as long as you can reasonably HODL onto MOST of it... you'll probably be just fine.  Maybe not "buy a private island rich" type of "fine" (that might require a bit more trading skill/luck in the intervening years) but at least "better off than you'd otherwise have been" type of "fine"...

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:12:55 PM

LMAO. So much for Tezos' superior organizational structure  They sure showed silly old Core how to run a project.  Wow such meta-governance!

This fiasco provides an example of a governance model in a failure mode despite (or perhaps due to) being massively funded and then enjoying an BTC moon windfall on top of that.

L'affaire Tezos illustrates the crucial point that no amount of money makes up for talented, motivated, creative developers and a critical mass of community coming together in a viable ecosystem.

Like Tezos, Dash is falling badly behind in self-imposed development schedules despite having and endless supply of money to throw around.

The best devs are not for sale.  They work on whatever they want.  Nobody can buy them with ICO or Instamine shittokens.

The best devs tell people what they are going to do why they should be paid to do it.

Speaking of that, let's pat ourselves on the back for the Monero's FFS working out so well. Cool

If you were excited and then disappointed about Tezos, check out Cardano.  If their Ouroboros staking schema works as intended, PoW may be obsolete.  This convinced me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwxVySVF-U4

I tried to watch that but his accent was so bad I had to keep backing up and it just got too tedious. Do you have a link to the whitepaper?

All those poor fools out there on the street who still believe their "dollars" will have any use or value in the future... SMH  Cry

I do agree with the majority of your post but I have to address this one point.

Lets not delude ourselfs here, it is easy to drink the koolaid and fall into a circle jerk the size of the entire CC sphere.

Let me make this abundantly clear, NEVER will CC replace FIAT until and when The Powers that be wish it to!!! This is a fact, TPTB control the bankers and the bankers support the people who are the current PTB, it is a symbiotic relationship that is backed by every authoritarian force on this planet!!! This is no small thing that can be overcome, we can only somewhat mitigate it by making our own economical model, but that model will NEVER replace the one the Governments support until and when they decide to adopt it and then they will control the model of their choosing and that will not be the model the masses are using, They will retain control for the foreseeable future and the best we can hope for is parity between the 2 at some point which is a very long way away and it is not in our lifetime.

I wish this was not true but it is a fact. He who carries the biggest stick makes the rules we may never evolve past that, and the reason for that is anyone and or group that tries to supplant that ideology is beaten down with that stick (which is in the form of "the authorities") under many different guises and concealed by a myriad of factors.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:55:26 PM

Let me make this abundantly clear, NEVER will CC replace FIAT until and when The Powers that be wish it to!!! This is a fact, TPTB control the bankers and the bankers support the people who are the current PTB...

Well this has major potential to get way, way, WAY off-topic so we probably shouldn't delve TOO deep down the rabbit hole, LOL... but just suffice to say your point may be correct IF in fact, as you say, the "politicians" control the "bankers".

IF however, in fact you dig a little deeper and it's REALLY the "bankers" at the tippy-top of the hidden pyramid -- such that actually it's the BANKERS control the POLITICIANS (who then only appear, or pretend, to control the lower-level visible "bankers")...

AND the source of ultimate power that ALLOWS these bankers to control the politicians is their magic ability to create "MONEY" out of nothing...

AND maybe IF in fact CRYPTO actually removes, or at least reduces if not "eliminates" that power... ? ? ?

WELL, then... ?

Maybe there's more here than meets the eye at first glance, and your foregone conclusion that "they" won't "allow" whatever ain't so certain after all Cheesy

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
N-rG

Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:58:12 PM

Imagine, one year ago ?Kozy? paid 1 BTC that I stop to post here.

Today worth 6.000 Dollar Smiley
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:40:40 PM

Well this has major potential to get way, way, WAY off-topic so we probably shouldn't delve TOO deep down the rabbit hole, LOL... but just suffice to say your point may be correct IF in fact, as you say, the "politicians" control the "bankers".

IF however, in fact you dig a little deeper and it's REALLY the "bankers" at the tippy-top of the hidden pyramid -- such that actually it's the BANKERS control the POLITICIANS (who then only appear, or pretend, to control the lower-level visible "bankers")...

AND the source of ultimate power that ALLOWS these bankers to control the politicians is their magic ability to create "MONEY" out of nothing...

AND maybe IF in fact CRYPTO actually removes, or at least reduces if not "eliminates" that power... ? ? ?

WELL, then... ?

Maybe there's more here than meets the eye at first glance, and your foregone conclusion that "they" won't "allow" whatever ain't so certain after all Cheesy

I think we are saying the same thing differently, politicians control the laws that allow the bankers to print money. But this is really not off topic as we are talking about the eco system that our beloved Monero resides in and where it is heading which in fact is speculation. Wink

garytheasshole

Activity: 406

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 04:43:36 PM

How did you manage to pull that off?

KiXiNiT

Activity: 100
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 04:58:09 PM

The more Bitcoin grows the more almost delusional these predictions in the range of 0.05-7 are.

Probably maintain its 0.01-0.025 range for quite some time (Years?), but that wouldn't necessarily be terrible at the rate the price of Bitcoin is going
N-rG

Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:10:22 PM

made a lot of cash by shorting monero what wasn't welcome to see here of course Wink

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XMRBTC/1RaAMKMF-Monero-XMR-flush-toilet-time/
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:29:58 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2017, 06:04:02 PM by Anon136

WELL, then... ?

I think we are saying the same thing differently, politicians control the laws that allow the bankers to print money. But this is really not off topic as we are talking about the eco system that our beloved Monero resides in and where it is heading which in fact is speculation. Wink

Politics, policy, economics and government, practically everything is downstream from culture. Culture always comes first. It is like the foundation of a house. The house can not be built without it, its shape will be largely determined by it, and its function will be severely constrained by it. You want to know where power truly lies? Look to the culture production industry. When you do you will notice that these people have something conspicuously in common with the people who run the banks. Just coincidence though I'm sure.

Incidentally this is why memes are so deceptively powerful. Anyone with their ear to the ground lately may have noticed the power of viral memes but may be at odds to explain why. Without proper context it is confusing. After all they are just silly little things. The reason is that memes are like the lego blocks that culture is built out of. The people in power now figured this out a long time ago and had a virtual monopoly on this knowledge for god knows how long. They hadn't figured out how to package memes in an adhock self replicating viral style payload, they just used a broadcast model. But none the less, like so many other monopolies, like the one our very community here is challenging, that one too is being challenged by another brave group of shock troops.

Exciting times! I'm so glad to be alive here and now.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:54:37 PM

It looks like monero lost competition with bitcoin uptrend again  Roll Eyes

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
garytheasshole

Activity: 406

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 07:36:56 PM

It looks like monero lost competition with bitcoin uptrend again  Roll Eyes
I'm all bitcoin now, would be stupid not to be, will buy back after I've dumped the bitcoin forks, hopefully before it recovers.

kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:16:37 PM

made a lot of cash by shorting monero what wasn't welcome to see here of course Wink

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XMRBTC/1RaAMKMF-Monero-XMR-flush-toilet-time/

Didn't you agree to take money to go away?   

我想要火箭和火车
walonek

Activity: 149

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:24:39 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2017, 09:34:46 PM by walonek

Sadly...
noMore is worst Smiley It did 3D RSI below 35. It slides at 30RSI range. Market is extremely oversold and now it is either going to bounce or it will go to hell. Hell is more probable - so weak market... Probably you see the end of this bubble of altcoins at the moment. XMR totaly missed it. I dont want to be bad omen, but at 25.10 something bad is going to happen... Bitcoin at negative divergence at WEEK timerange... It will not hold 6k it is gonna to start bear market. Height is quite huge. BTC has the room to fall. I will not be suprissed if alts gonna to land at something like time when BTC was at 1000-2000 usd range. Including BTC.

Someone here does not belive that monero will be at 0.05. Propably it will when BTC will reach ranges of 1k-2k.

Going back to noMore. Break of 0.0147 means it will reach 0.01.
Pages: « 1 ... 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 [1675] 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 1722 1723 1724 1725 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: