Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:18:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 [1788] 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312332 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:30:51 PM

Bitches who think Monero should pump like a shitcoin have no perspective.
Do you think Monero is doomed because right this moment it isn't pumping like Harvey Weinstein on top of a starlet?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:02:28 PM

Well if its all about the pumps maybe it will be our turn.  Cheesy

I checked Binance to see what Monero was doing.  it was their 64th most traded coin. 64th!  And WTF is a Tron?  You have to be kidding me.
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:04:57 PM

I checked Binance to see what Monero was doing.  it was their 64th most traded coin. 64th!  And WTF is a Tron?  You have to be kidding me.

That's what I'm saying. It's just unfair to Monero..

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:58:41 PM

The thing is though, that all this shit just eats away at bitcoin's market share.  None of it competes with Monero.  We can just carry on at our average pace of 30x increase every year, and in a startlingly short time, see them all from the top.

Once hardware wallets are distributed, I think we'll be seeing new buyers, and a lot of coins leaving the exchanges.  I'm betting the price goes up.  Until recently, I was luke warm on hardware wallets.  Then I did some shuffling of old paper wallets, and tried to help a few people secure their new crypto.  I'm tellin' ya, they'd rather not.  Period.  It's frustrating as hell, but there is that simple answer.  Hardware wallet to the rescue.  They can't come too soon!
pönde

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:06:15 PM

Well if its all about the pumps maybe it will be our turn.  Cheesy

I checked Binance to see what Monero was doing.  it was their 64th most traded coin. 64th!  And WTF is a Tron?  You have to be kidding me.

The tron is ultrahypercontententertainmentecosystemhypercoin similar to ethereum, status and cardano premined by billions so price per one is less than one dollar. Conclusion. Thats is cheap must buy!

Marketing is great.

When this lady made an announcement on August 16. 2017, xmr was 49$.
https://twitter.com/hotkatchina/status/897923278701907968?lang=fi

Ten days later on August 26. 2017, xmr was 147$.

Maybe we should pay her to flash a little more. We have money to do it.
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:47:11 PM
Merited by iCEBREAKER (1), explorer (1), estenity (1)

It's not about HW wallets or anything, XMR is being price suppressed because big players are accumulating it big time. As someone said smart money is well aware of monero and they want to keep it as much as they can for themselves until inflation is low and they can mark the price way up

Didn't you guys notice we always are the last to pump ? its because pump happen in hierarchical orders, first you get the shittest of the the shitcoins with the wierd names like GROESTLECOIN and so on, then you got noob coins and strange coins and semi good coins, and when smart money has taken dumb money for as much as they can they pump XMR because they need to store their accumulated wealth somewhere, and whats the better place than monero?

Next year, we'll be at 4% inflation, this is bitcoin level now, and then quickly we'll be under bitcoin yearly inflation... this will be the time to mark up the price BIG TIME, I'm talking BTC current level

This is a slow play, this is like poker when you got quad aces and you want to take as much as you can from the noobs, you take your time, you let dumb money bids and buy DRAGONCHAIN and then you put your profit back into XMR.

RINSE and REPEAT until we're at 2-3% inflation and price is above 10K and doesn't come back.

ultegra

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:02:54 PM

It's not about HW wallets or anything, XMR is being price suppressed because big players are accumulating it big time. As someone said smart money is well aware of monero and they want to keep it as much as they can for themselves until inflation is low and they can mark the price way up

Didn't you guys notice we always are the last to pump ? its because pump happen in hierarchical orders, first you get the shittest of the the shitcoins with the wierd names like GROESTLECOIN and so on, then you got noob coins and strange coins and semi good coins, and when smart money has taken dumb money for as much as they can they pump XMR because they need to store their accumulated wealth somewhere, and whats the better place than monero?

Next year, we'll be at 4% inflation, this is bitcoin level nows, and then quickly we'll be under bitcoin yearly inflation... this will be the time to mark up the price BIG TIME, I'm talking BTC current level

This is a slow play, this is like poker when you got quad aces and you want to take as much as you can from the noobs, you take your time, you let dumb money bids and buy DRAGONCHAIN and then you put your profit back into XMR.

RINSE and REPEAT until we're at 2-3% inflation and price is above 10K and doesn't come back.

At last...someone saying it as it is. Great to hear from you Darlidada, been a long time. We used to chat on IRC a few years ago as we were both very early monero adopters (mainly thanks to aminorex and risto) (new bcttalk acc as i got hacked)..hope your still hodling? Been the best investment i have made, monero has changed my life completely.

completely agree with your post, traders are gonna trade shitcoins with one motive - to increase their buying power for more monero. It is a cycle we see again and again. and everytime when monero takes a breather we hear posts saying its because of lack of marketing...ha ha.

pönde

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 06:42:53 PM
Merited by iCEBREAKER (1)

I also invested in Monero 2014 by recommedations made by Risto. And my life has completely changed too.

On this video "World monetary system, failure since the beginning" Risto is talking. I had heard about him before, but the arguments he made on that video, I was really taken back by.
https://vimeo.com/11018684
The date he is talkin, is 17.4.2010.  And I watched it maybe I a few weeks later. Bitcoin had been running in that time a little more than a year. And I guess Risto had just heard about it. On that video Risto is not talking about Bitcoin, but fiat money vs. commodity money and world monetary system.

Still, when watch that video, I am stunned by the precision, clearness and understandability he is argumenting. It is like a mathematical proof.

There unfortunately, is no English translation.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:11:41 PM

I also invested in Monero 2014 by recommedations made by Risto. And my life has completely changed too.

On this video "World monetary system, failure since the beginning" Risto is talking. I had heard about him before, but the arguments he made on that video, I was really taken back by.
https://vimeo.com/11018684
The date he is talkin, is 17.4.2010.  And I watched it maybe I a few weeks later. Bitcoin had been running in that time a little more than a year. And I guess Risto had just heard about it. On that video Risto is not talking about Bitcoin, but fiat money vs. commodity money and world monetary system.

Still, when watch that video, I am stunned by the precision, clearness and understandability he is argumenting. It is like a mathematical proof.

There unfortunately, is no English translation.

Me too that's where its a bit of a sad ending, still, I'm glad I didn't take his later advice to arb into CK.

canonsburg

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:12:17 PM

Any one has got an idea of the current wealth distribution of Monero. Obviously there's no richlist but maybe someone can weigh in on the current distribution.

What qualifies as a whale? How many people do you estimate holds at least 1 XMR?
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:17:37 PM

Any one has got an idea of the current wealth distribution of Monero. Obviously there's no richlist but maybe someone can weigh in on the current distribution.

What qualifies as a whale? How many people do you estimate holds at least 1 XMR?

I think Febo made some kind of fish/mammal chart some months ago. I forget what 1 XMR was designated as  - a minnow, perhaps?

Baguette Holder.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:23:49 PM

Whale = 100k+

Definitely no more than about 18M
Longshot78

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:18:06 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm a long term holder and lurker on this thread.

I also got involved when Risto first mentioned it as a good investment. It looked like it was my chance after missing out on BTC.

Thanks to the people in this thread I've been holding all the way until last summer when a life circumstance meant I had to sell a single digit %.

It felt strange to sell but I have to remind myself to follow the simple saving plan also set out by Risto, to sell a % as it increases.

Like I said my hand was forced last summer but now I'm getting close to where I really should divest in case of some black swan event and I'm left with nothing.

Anyone else have mixed feelings about selling after holding for a long time.

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:35:28 PM

Hello everyone,

I also got involved when Risto first mentioned it as a good investment. It looked like it was my chance after missing out on BTC.

Thanks to the people in this thread I've been holding all the way until last summer when a life circumstance meant I had to sell a single digit %.

It felt strange to sell but I have to remind myself to follow the simple saving plan also set out by Risto, to sell a % as it increases.

Like I said my hand was forced last summer but now I'm getting close to where I really should divest in case of some black swan event and I'm left with nothing.

I'm about there with you, all in Monero for several years. But people who talk about a lot and I think shit I have 3.5 times that I really have no exit strategy exactly. I think that's the worry.

Longshot78

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:52:50 PM

Risto came up with this plan which I intend to follow more or less. I really owe that man a beer.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345065.0

1: Buy in what you are OK with losing.
2: Wait
3: Once it doubles / 10x / whatever, take out a % (the rake).
4: Repeat until the you can use XMR or some other crypto in day to day life and you don't have to 'cash out' any more.

Here's an online tool to help you with the plan: http://bitcoinsavingsplan.com/

Or you can do it yourself in a spreadsheet.

I skipped a couple of rakes because there were always tech updates around the corner.

Like I said earlier, my hand was forced during the summer. I wanted to wait until there was a hardware wallet out and it was being used for commerce.

Then the massive December crypto spike happened and now I'm not sure how to proceed.

Sell another percentage because it went up again? Or wait until the hardware wallets come out, openbazaar accepts it etc.

I want enough to tide me over in case there is another 2 - 3 year bear market. I have confidence in XMR, but it scares me how fickle the market is and how much still depends on BTC.

canonsburg

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:24:29 PM

Whale = 100k+

Definitely no more than about 18M

Anyone here a whale?
What's your predictions on the current trends.
Is it like what previous posters said, that now is accumulation time then when the current shitcoin pump fades, you will transfer wealth to XMR?
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:59:47 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm about there with you, all in Monero for several years. But people who talk about a lot and I think shit I have 3.5 times that I really have no exit strategy exactly. I think that's the worry.

I'm the same. I bought in at .43c and have held ever since. I think a big part of the problem is greed - whatever price it is is never enough. I always want more - how crazy is that? The fact is - and my wife and I were talking about just this last night - I could sell everything now and live very comfortably for the rest of my life. I'd never be able to buy a penthouse apartment in NYC, but so what? But I'm scared that I would't be able to forgive myself if the price went crazy. I wonder if those people who sold BTC at $400 regretted doing so even though they were comfortably off?

But the other side of the coin is that I'm not sure I want to deal with the swings in price, the trolls and the competition from the shit coins anymore. It's wearying, it's mood-altering, and I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it.

I'm getting on - how much money do I need? Do any of us need?

Baguette Holder.
Longshot78

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:08:02 PM

That's also my question, am I being greedy or smart?

My plan was always to wait until the amounts were life altering. I don't need toys, just want my freedom.

The total amount isn't enough for retirement yet, but it's getting close. Perhaps one more pump.

In any case I would never sell it all. It's just a matter of what percentage and when.

A good problem to have, but still a problem.
rinus

Activity: 362
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:17:16 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm the same. I bought in at .43c and have held ever since. I think a big part of the problem is greed - whatever price it is is never enough. I always want more - how crazy is that? The fact is - and my wife and I were talking about just this last night - I could sell everything now and live very comfortably for the rest of my life. I'd never be able to buy a penthouse apartment in NYC, but so what? But I'm scared that I would't be able to forgive myself if the price went crazy. I wonder if those people who sold BTC at $400 regretted doing so even though they were comfortably off?

But the other side of the coin is that I'm not sure I want to deal with the swings in price, the trolls and the competition from the shit coins anymore. It's wearying, it's mood-altering, and I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it.

I'm getting on - how much money do I need? Do any of us need?

I am also in around 40cents, I feel the same way. Although I need a few more pumps to feel comfortable , specially with 30 procent taxes on the gains... but my bigges fear is to sell now and miss out the big pump ( if it happens ).
I just see Monero as the true coin for privacy. 
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:30:14 PM

I think Febo made some kind of fish/mammal chart some months ago. I forget what 1 XMR was designated as  - a minnow, perhaps?

What I did was more for fun. To try to incentive people to gather more and level up into a bigger fish.  For real we will never know not. Here were some early tries, but still just guessing: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=597878.msg7878884#msg7878884

The list of Monero species is quite dense and goes like this. I might start adding graphics to it in the future.

0.) Cthulhu                          (200 000+ XMR)
1.) Leviathan                       (100 000+ XMR)
2.) Blue whale                       (60 000+ XMR)
3.) Orca                                (40 000+ XMR)
4.) Narwhal                           (20 000+ XMR)
5.) Dolphin                            (10 000+ XMR)
6.) Shark                                (5 000+ XMR)
7.) Black Marlin                       (2 000+ XMR)
8.) Wels catfish                       (1 000+ XMR)
9.) Tuna                                   ( 500+ XMR)
10.) Electric eel                          (200+ XMR)
11.) Norwegian Delicious Salmon (100+ XMR)
12.) Gadidae                                (50+ XMR)
13.) Salmonidae                          (20+ XMR)
14.) Gilt-head bream                   (10+ XMR)
15.) Atlantic mackerel                   (5+ XMR)
16.) Herring                                 (2+ XMR)
17.) Goldfish                                (1+ XMR)
18.) European pilchard               (0.5+ XMR)
19.) Dwarf Goby                        (0.2+ XMR)
20.) Paedocypris                        (0.1+ XMR)
Pages: « 1 ... 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 [1788] 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: