Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:40:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 [1851] 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312330 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:52:24 PM

Looks like we’ll be moving to a minimum ring size of 7 in the March hard fork. Thoughts, issues, concerns?

It is not set in stone. Many want to leave minimum at 5 and move default to 7. Some want fixed 7.  There will be dev meetings now weekly so we will hear more about it soon.

The real positive news, though, is that the Ledger code is very near to being merged (though there is still a great deal of testing to be done).

Baguette Holder.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Peao
Legendary

Activity: 1320
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:31:50 AM

I think zcash and monero will be popular projects for 2018. privacy is now important States will be affected when they see their success in this matter.
bobabouey2

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:54:26 AM

Sorry for asking twice, but does anyone remember the US$ OTC broker who accepted monero, I think it may have been cumberlandmining.com, but I'm not sure.

If it was cumberland, anyone have experience using them?

It’s DV Chain.

Both DV Chain and Cumberland will trade Monero. Don't expect much hand holding from either of them, however.

Thank you.
bobabouey2

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:55:04 AM

Sorry for asking twice, but does anyone remember the US$ OTC broker who accepted monero, I think it may have been cumberlandmining.com, but I'm not sure.

If it was cumberland, anyone have experience using them?

I joined Cumberland (is that the right term?) but have not traded with them as yet. I also have the forms for DVTrading but have not submitted them. At first glance, it all seems a little intimidating. You connect via Skype to a global trading room and make your order, I guess. At a minimum of $100,000 per trade, it's not something I'm going to do until(if) the price gets higher.

Thank you.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 02:34:20 AM

XMR breaking long-term resistance vs DASH  Cool

Evan better call Otoh so his big, rich pump group whale buddies can save it with another bailout!  Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:43:05 AM

Evan better call Otoh so his big, rich pump group whale buddies can save it with another bailout!  Grin

I wonder if we could possibly be on the cusp of the shakeout I keep hoping will happen.

Probably not...  but someday.

I want to say the price action in the alts looks less scammy... but even with a couple valuable projects doing well there's still a lot of shit trying to rise.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 02:55:35 AM

I wonder if we could possibly be on the cusp of the shakeout I keep hoping will happen.

Probably not...  but someday.

More like:

Inevitably... someday Soontm.

When Litecoin passes Bcash, we'll celebrate The Flappening.

When Monero passes Dash, we'll celebrate The Dashening (or is it The Fluffening?).

Lots of good parties coming up.  Time to order more Barolo! Cool

Or is this a better choice?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:58:27 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 03:35:17 AM by Anon136
Merited by Whtwabbit (1)

Oman guys. Did I ever just stumble upon something great. Forget Edward Snowden, who needs that twerpy little millennial cuck anyway. We now, apparently, have the full weight of John McAfee behind us, a serious candidate for the most bad ass man in the world. I copied this transcript from an interview he had with cliff high. It's a mirror so I'm not sure how old it is, I couldn't find the original. I hope it's not old news. https://youtu.be/33nYy7Iu4Jg?t=20m10s

Well, there are thousands of crypto-currencies now, literally thousands. The top are things like Ethereum, Litecoin, Monero. Of those Monero is the one that needs to be watched the closest and here is why. The dark-web is where Bitcoin first got it's use. If you wanted to hire a hitman, buy illegal drugs, to get a live tiger from the jungles of Asia, you would pay in bitcoins. Now it's 100% Monero. Why? because Bitcoin can be unwound with enough computing power and enough will, if the FBI wanted to, they could figure out who a person was that did a specific transaction. But with Monero it is impossible utterly impossible it is completely anonymous and completely private. So that is why in the dark-web everybody is using monero. But what I have discovered is, what starts in the dark-web, in terms of crypto-currencies, leaks out into the world of white, the world of above board business. Because all people, I believe, all people would like to have anonymity and privacy, in terms of their financial transactions. And if I'm right than Monero bares watching, very closely. ... Bitcoin has now almost universally been accepted as, ok, its above board, it is open, it's a currency, people are using it and your not going to stop it. Monero, when Monero hits the light, and it has in many cases, were going to have a serious problem with governments because there is nothing, nothing, that the government can ever do to determine who is doing what and this scares governments, obviously. This does not scare me, I think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. ... And if bitcoin does have a competitor, or will have, it will be Monero.

This guy regularly gets air time on national TV and it appears that there is a very good chance that he will be using said airtime to sing our song. You know how everyone always says the reason we arent higher in market cap is because we lack marketing? Well, time to test that theory because here it comes.

Also
get a live tiger from the jungles of Asia
Psh, what only one? Who hasn't used their Monero to buy at least one tiger?

I wonder if he lurks. Hit me up John!

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:19:59 AM

Oman guys. Did I ever just stumble upon something great. Forget Edward Snowden, who needs that twerpy little millennial cuck anyway. We now, apparently, have the full weight of John McAfee behind us, a serious candidate for the most bad ass man in the world. I copied this transcript from an interview he had with cliff high. It's a mirror so I'm not sure how old it is, I couldn't find the original. I hope it's not old news. https://youtu.be/33nYy7Iu4Jg?t=20m9s

Well, there are thousands of crypto-currencies now, literally thousands. The top are things like Ethereum, Litecoin, Monero. Of those Monero is the one that needs to be watched the closest and here is why. The dark-web is where Bitcoin first got it's use. If you wanted to hire a hitman, buy illegal drugs, to get a live tiger from the jungles of Asia, you would pay in bitcoins. Now it's 100% Monero. Why? because Bitcoin can be unwound with enough computing power and enough will, if the FBI wanted to, they could figure out who a person was that did a specific transaction. But with Monero it is impossible utterly impossible it is completely anonymous and completely private. So that is why in the dark-web everybody is using monero. But what I have discovered is, what starts in the dark-web, in terms of crypto-currencies, leaks out into the world of white, the world of above board business. Because all people, I believe, all people would like to have anonymity and privacy, in terms of their financial transactions. And if I'm right than Monero bares watching, very closely. ... Bitcoin has now almost universally been accepted as, ok, its above board, it is open, it's a currency, people are using it and your not going to stop it. Monero, when Monero hits the light, and it has in many cases, were going to have a serious problem with governments because there is nothing, nothing, that the government can ever do to determine who is doing what and this scares governments, obviously. This does not scare me, I think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. ... And if bitcoin does have a competitor, or will have, it will be Monero.

This guy regularly gets air time on national TV and it appears that there is a very good chance that he will be using said airtime to sing our song. You know how everyone always says the reason we arent higher in market cap is because we lack marketing? Well, time to test that theory because here it comes.

Also
get a live tiger from the jungles of Asia
Psh, what only one? Who hasn't used their Monero to buy at least one tiger?

I wonder if he lurks. Hit me up John!

I don't recall a Cliff High interview, but the transcript is suspiciously similar to other interviews I've heard JM do in recent history.

edit:

That ain't Cliff High, that's why  Cheesy
Anon136
Legendary

Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:34:07 AM

That ain't Cliff High, that's why  Cheesy

I'm going to be honest. I don't know who Clif High is or who the guy in the interview is. That's just what it said in the title of the video Smiley

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:34:44 PM
Merited by inthelongrun (1)

Goldman-backed startup Circle buys Poloniex cryptocurrency exchange

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-crypto-currencies-circle/goldman-backed-startup-circle-buys-poloniex-cryptocurrency-exchange-idUSKCN1GA1N4

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4859

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:57:24 PM

W0w this could be great news. They at least will be afraid of class action suits and might straighten things out over there. They would also have the ability to open a fiat portal! And we won't have to worry about an exit scam when USDT goes Boom.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
inthelongrun

Merit: 593

The Martian Child

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:17:42 PM

W0w this could be great news. They at least will be afraid of class action suits and might straighten things out over there. They would also have the ability to open a fiat portal! And we won't have to worry about an exit scam when USDT goes Boom.

This is the big story right now. I know this is partly good and bad news. More crypto fanatics are against these ruling financial groups like Goldman Sachs and it is maybe against the spirit of decentralization. The good news is that this might means that crypto is becoming acceptable and more huge financial companies will follow. That should also means easier gateway to fiat.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:32:01 PM
Merited by Anon136 (1)

This is the big story right now. I know this is partly good and bad news. More crypto fanatics are against these ruling financial groups like Goldman Sachs and it is maybe against the spirit of decentralization. The good news is that this might means that crypto is becoming acceptable and more huge financial companies will follow. That should also means easier gateway to fiat.

Central exchange was never anything decentralizated.  What was to be expected. That those that have money now will just let all Bitcoin economy goes to someone else's hands? No. They joined. Some are joining, some will join. No one will stay behind eventually.

Oh and on the side not. I got finally verified last week after 6 weeks of waiting. I guess this Jews say. this chap have such nice smile lets verify him.
pa

Activity: 527
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:34:11 PM

Would be nice if Poloniex again allows NY customers.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4859

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:45:10 PM

Would be nice if Poloniex again allows NY customers.

With those backers circle can probably pull that off as polo will now be under the bankers umbrella and the politicians will get their cut. I doubt they are going to leave that revenue stream on the wayside now that they control it.

Also with circle anything in USD is FDIC insured so I'm going to take a wild guess and "Assume" this will be the same. I'd love to see USDT market just disappear off polo immediately! Lol

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:33:30 PM
Merited by rdp (1)

On that note:

https://cryptoizzy.blogspot.ca/2018/02/monero-dashing-ahead.html

And while you're there:

https://cryptoizzy.blogspot.ca/2018/01/seriously-though-delete-facebook-app.html

leading to:

http://www.salimvirani.com//facebook/
seymenyunus16

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:49:03 PM

I bought monero about 230 dollars. And i am waiting 300 dollars to sell. If the bitcoin moves affect monero and monero will go low
later I will buy again. At the end of year monero will go to 1000 dolar. Privacy is good. It makes monero special!
Whtwabbit

Activity: 490
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:09:11 PM

The SEC are such a great bunch of guys, its not like they would give Goldman Sacks special privileges

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:17:55 PM

The SEC are such a great bunch of guys, its not like they would give Goldman Sacks special privileges

Gold Man-sacks?
Pages: « 1 ... 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 [1851] 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: