Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:21:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 [1952] 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312336 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:38:07 PM

at the 32 times everything was tied in new KYC rules and hoops.

2019 emission is really wound down so less coins available to straight sell.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rinus

Activity: 362
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:41:46 PM

But this does not guarantee that the price will go up ?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:42:13 PM

guys, i need some advice. i went full in on xmr with fiat in the early days. Should i diversify my xmr in some bitcoin? it does not look a good time to do that cause the xmr/btc ratio keeps dropping... but it looks that btc is falling a bit less hard in fiat value then xmr. Its just hard to believe at this moment we will see a new ATH in monero again in USD...

I am positive we will see it.   To bad you had not decide this only few 3 months ago when price was 0.032.  I would not want to give you advice's, but still I am not sure it is the best moment for this. But I suggest you to eventually do it. even if your bitcoins goes to zero you will still have your Monero.   

i am following u and some other guys for quite a while now, always interested in what u guys are saying. U are right , i should have sold some int he 0.03 area just to have some bitcoin, or A bitcoin ... but i did not. I am a believer of monero for 3 years now but its my first big bear market i am really following closely. Because 18 months ago it was peanuts ( in usd value ) ... i am amazed of how sure u are and how much u believe in a new bull market. I cant help thinking that maybe we seen the top already ... even with this amazing comunity , the superiour tech ( that nobody seems to care about ) , the ledger support, the comming bulletproofs, kovri , and so much more , it looks like nobody is carring and if we would enter a bull market , maybe people will just buy more shitcoins Sad

I just said that 3 months ago you would get double bitcoins.  Only suggestion I am giving for anything you are buying to buy when cheap. Right now Bitcoins price is doubled as it was not that long ago.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:44:21 PM

What can I guarantee in this universe?

That the sun will rise tomorrow?

It may not.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:48:54 PM

It may not.

Entropy of the universe as a whole will continue to increase.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:50:25 PM

It may not.

Entropy of the universe as a whole will continue to increase.

Until it doesn't. Wink

But I guess it's more or less asymptotic.

I *can* guarantee we won't be disappointed.
MertinLyter

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:45:51 PM

The Monero cryptocurrency is gradually losing weight, as other coins are falling in value every day, in fact, Monero is no different from others.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:27:27 PM

The Monero cryptocurrency is gradually losing weight, as other coins are falling in value every day, in fact, Monero is no different from others.

Yup - been on a pre-beach holiday diet.

It's just that time of year.. Does look better with it, though.

我想要火箭和火车
spirali

Activity: 65
Merit: 61

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:49:07 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2018, 11:47:09 PM by spirali

guys, i need some advice. i went full in on xmr with fiat in the early days. Should i diversify my xmr in some bitcoin? it does not look a good time to do that cause the xmr/btc ratio keeps dropping... but it looks that btc is falling a bit less hard in fiat value then xmr. Its just hard to believe at this moment we will see a new ATH in monero again in USD...

Watch this video of a guy dumping 100,000 XMR @ ~0.0015 if you feel bad  Grin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHg8qIKJo1I

I don't know if you invested in 2015 but XMR is now worth ~10x times more (vs BTC), and it's still very cheap if you consider its scarcity and the price of BTC (which has a similar supply). Usually, diversifying your portfolio is preferable but BTC and XMR are the best projects out there, so I think both hodling "100% XMR" or "50% BTC + 50% XMR" are good options against fiat on the long term. It also depends on the size of your portfolio but I guess a good rule of thumb is to hodl at least 1 BTC before playing with altcoins.

Ultimately, I hope BTC will take over bank accounts and XMR will take over "hidden Swiss bank accounts". Remember Satoshi envisioned a pseudonymous (only) coin: "The traditional banking model achieves a level of privacy by limiting access to information to the parties involved and the trusted third party. The necessity to announce all transactions publicly [the blockchain] precludes this method, but privacy can still be maintained by breaking the flow of information in another place: by keeping public keys anonymous. The public can see that someone is sending an amount to someone else, but without information linking the transaction to anyone. This is similar to the level of information released by stock exchanges, where the time and size of individual trades, the “tape”, is made public, but without telling who the parties were.

Patience is a great virtue. Take look at this chart of S&P500:

It's going up since 2009. Let's just wait for the next financial crisis and have people "see the light" when we hear about another bailout.

The main problem I foresee now with XMR and BTC is they are both using PoW which is hurting our planet; but let's have other cryptocurrencies test other consensus systems (such as PoS) before we know it's safe and legitimate.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:14:11 PM

Not saying I support them as I feel bad for their victims but you'd think that hackers and botnets using Monero would be a positive sign due to the privacy benefits.

Hackers = XMR success in privacy benefits
Botnet = More mining decentralisation

XMR is like a virus!  Shocked   LOL

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Matcuda

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:51:17 AM

The best, stable and anonymous coin. And do not even bother to talk, just keep it as long as possible and you will understand it.

7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:26:01 AM

I think it was obvious that crypto currencies were highly overpriced/overhyped in December, especially if you compare their speculative and utility value.
As you said Monero is no different then others, but it's utility value is still pretty high (https://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/908747/bitcoin-monero-dark-web-Chainalysis-North-Korea-cryptocurrency) compared to others. IMO the bottom price is more important then ATH price. And we will see how low will it go.

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 210

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:27:58 AM

Quit the hype guys...  It's better to keep it real in this thread.  And I wouldn't mind if XMR stays under 100 USD for longer time than the rest of the alts.  I wish I could dump my TRX at the next pump with profit and get me some more Romeros.

I bet that bags getting heavy. Tongue

I don't feel dirty holding the Monteros tho...  So I guess that's a good thing.  And if there's a coin that could hit the top 5 (or even the top three) in two years it's this.  

Jope, i think Monero will gain a lot of value in the next 2 years if it progresses like this  Grin

elrippos friend

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:40:54 AM

I am positive we will see it.   To bad you had not decide this only few 3 months ago when price was 0.032.  I would not want to give you advice's, but still I am not sure it is the best moment for this. But I suggest you to eventually do it. even if your bitcoins goes to zero you will still have your Monero.   

i am following u and some other guys for quite a while now, always interested in what u guys are saying. U are right , i should have sold some int he 0.03 area just to have some bitcoin, or A bitcoin ... but i did not. I am a believer of monero for 3 years now but its my first big bear market i am really following closely. Because 18 months ago it was peanuts ( in usd value ) ... i am amazed of how sure u are and how much u believe in a new bull market. I cant help thinking that maybe we seen the top already ... even with this amazing comunity , the superiour tech ( that nobody seems to care about ) , the ledger support, the comming bulletproofs, kovri , and so much more , it looks like nobody is carring and if we would enter a bull market , maybe people will just buy more shitcoins Sad

In summer, the crypto market generally can be a little boring. 

The Wall Street money in on holiday as are people in many fields of life; it's not tax season... and with a bear market too, it can be grindingly dull.   However, many of those here have seen it all before and they know that BECAUSE they held from 2014 to 2016, they were there in 2017 for when it picked up again.

So in crypto you just have to sit tight.  Both Monero and Bitcoin have gone up thousands of % in a few years.   Yes,  you are right, Monero and most alts have gone down more than Bitcoin, but when the alts which are still around recover, they will appreciate fast, too.

Febo is right, we ALL should have sold some at 0.32, parked it in BTC and bought back at 0.0129.   But we have no crystal ball and the vast majority of us didn't.  Be assured, though - getting it wrong is always more expensive than hodling in the long run.  That's why the old guard here are not panicking.

It might go on for longer, but you will not have to stress about when to buy back in if you just HODL.  If most of your cash is in Monero you are not alone, I can assure you.  It hurts, yep.  But when it rises again (and personally I think it will) Monero tends to move up fast.  And you will be glad you didn't flip if it does.

Do your own research, of course - I am a fanboy.

TLDR:  Probably missed the best time to flip, likely best policy now? Just HODL

Nothing to add, this is just the way it goes  Grin
I am a noob in crypto, got in the whole thing in 2013, and bought my first XMR in 2014 thanks to the finisch guy living in a silver castle  Roll Eyes
Started with a few hundred euro every month to buy BTC and converted it to XMR. I made a lot of mistakes with trading, lost a lot, made it up again and learned how the market is behaving.
In 2015 also made a panic sell (thoughti was wiser than everybody else) that hurt me big time. Recovered from that again and now i am sitting and watching the situation without my pulse gaining even 5 points in this situation. If i look at the RSI we definetly are at the bottom and as kurios already mentioned, XMR is known for recovering fast, so i wouldnt't be surprised if we are getting at RSI 80 ore more with a massive price increase until mid of september.

TLDR: Just HODL, have a cup of tea, relax, and wait for christmas  Cool Wink

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:20:27 PM

Quit the hype guys...  It's better to keep it real in this thread.  And I wouldn't mind if XMR stays under 100 USD for longer time than the rest of the alts.  I wish I could dump my TRX at the next pump with profit and get me some more Romeros.

I don't feel dirty holding the Monteros tho...  So I guess that's a good thing.  And if there's a coin that could hit the top 5 (or even the top three) in two years it's this.  

It's kind of funny that the regular CC scene had just figured out what a gem Monero was and then all these institutional dickwads jumped into the scene (pumping and dumping on hyoe) and they are just starting to realize how unique it really is. When it exploded this time it's gonna be massive. We should be seeing a huge shitcoin die off for the next 6 months.

Yup.  Remember the likes of Terracoin and Bbqcoin?  Lmao!  But thinking about it now, ICO's and Ethereum tokens/app tokens are more of a scam...  At least some of those coins were distributed kinda fair.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 02:34:51 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2018, 02:53:46 PM by generalizethis

It's kind of funny that the regular CC scene had just figured out what a gem Monero was and then all these institutional dickwads jumped into the scene (pumping and dumping on hyoe) and they are just starting to realize how unique it really is. When it exploded this time it's gonna be massive. We should be seeing a huge shitcoin die off for the next 6 months.

Yup.  Remember the likes of Terracoin and Bbqcoin?  Lmao!  But thinking about it now, ICO's and Ethereum tokens/app tokens are more of a scam...  At least some of those coins were distributed kinda fair.

Sadly I remember trading DGC on  Craptsy. For all the shit I give noobs, I really didn't have much more of clue when I first started, and at this point, I find it absurd the amount of things I don't understand and probably won't ever figure out.

elrippos friend

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:48:23 PM

Q4 2018 will be very interesting for our Moneroj  Cool Grin

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:07:38 PM

Count the number of available Monero's and then tell me if you want your share. It really comes down to how long are you going to be able to hold before you need to cash out some? If your over exposed then go for it and change a percentage over but if your in long term then I really don't see a difficult choice between the two.

Don't do what I did, I sold my entire stash after 2 years of holding at $1.37 for a real life emergency and figured I could buy back in a month when I had some cash coming in. After 6 months of sideways and then out of no where alpha bay hit and it went up 26 times and I was never able to get back my stack. I have been buying every week including at .032 so I'm not cashing out again if I'm on my death bed before 10K !

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
rinus

Activity: 362
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:10:40 PM

Count the number of available Monero's and then tell me if you want your share. It really comes down to how long are you going to be able to hold before you need to cash out some? If your over exposed then go for it and change a percentage over but if your in long term then I really don't see a difficult choice between the two.

Don't do what I did, I sold my entire stash after 2 years of holding at $1.37 for a real life emergency and figured I could buy back in a month when I had some cash coming in after 6 months of sideways and then out of no where alpha bay hit and it went up 26 times and I was never able to get back my stack. I have been buying every week including at .032 so I'm not cashing out again if I'm on my death bed before 10K !

thx for the advice , and i am pretty comfortable holding my coins. i dont need the money, at least not for real emergencys. I do have some thoughts on what i want to do with it but it can wait. WOW , 10K monero... isnt that a bit to optimistic? what would lead to such a massive price
consideritdone

Activity: 602
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:19:36 PM

xmr price not sustaining now https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/monero/usd
Pages: « 1 ... 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 [1952] 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: