Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:37:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 [2000] 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312332 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Andretti83

Activity: 297
Merit: 112

PRIVATE AND NOT PREMINED: MONERO, AEON, KARBO

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 11:00:42 PM

Guys (or one guy probably) I so much believe in your generic statements about monero. Please, go on, at least you adding to posts count in thread,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dig Bicks

Activity: 348
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 11:03:48 PM

Guys (or one guy probably) I so much believe in your generic statements about monero. Please, go on, at least you adding to posts count in thread,

How long are you going to bag hold man? All the way down to $10?, Don't be irrational, should of sold a long time ago, this shit went parabolic and this bear market is going to keep grinding while more people dump.  The inflation rate is still high and miners are constantly dumping everyday.  Don't be shocked if we see 5-10$ levels again.
Andretti83

Activity: 297
Merit: 112

PRIVATE AND NOT PREMINED: MONERO, AEON, KARBO

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 11:08:07 PM

I'm not in a hurry. If all crypto goes down more, I'm convinced Monero is one of the best projects, to go through winter.
Not interested in solding now.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 11:57:08 PM

I used to believe in this coin but now he only go down.  I wish I never gouth Monero it will probably be 5 dollars or less soon.

Ya I guess monero turned out to be a shitcoin like the other ones. I really wish I never pucrhased this crap coin, I lost so much money on this scam.  The price continues to fall each day with zero signs of improvement

Good time to sell.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 10:15:52 AM

I used to not believe in this coin but now he can only go UP.  I wish I bought more Monero it will probably be 500 dollars or less soon.

Ya I guess monero turned out to be a better coin than the other ones. I really wish I purchased more of this coin, I lost so much money on scams.  The tech shows great signs of improvement

Good time to sell.

Good time to exercise clicking on the ignore button too mate.  I do wonder what is behind accounts like this.  Paid shills..? Sock puppets..? Who knows....

As if anyone here who has held this far is likely to sell now...  Wink

我想要火箭和火车
Viper_Unleashed

Activity: 584
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 12:56:59 PM

"The privacy afforded by Monero has attracted illicit use by people interested in evading law enforcement during events such as the WannaCry Ransomware Attack, or on the dark web buying illegal substances".

Now as we know it is one of the very private and anonymous coin it will have a great market and of course its price will rise in the long run. Privacy is Montero's USP - it allows for truly anonymous transactions that cannot be traced. No one else can also see your wallet balance - which is a much-needed feature for many cryptocurrency users.Monero has every thing needed and truly stands for privacy but unless the market goes up the price will remain as it is.Mining Monero has also been reduced to a great extent long back.
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 01:52:11 PM

I am not sure what mean "paper gold work"? But I know it works for the TPTB but not for the people.

If you HOLD YOUR PRIVATE KEYS.  They can't make fake bitcoin out of them.

Thats hard for people to understand, until they want to buy something with the paper gold. Blockchain says no. So thats why we need real world BTC shopping.

Do those paper bitcoin all ready exitst? And if so, what is the effect on BTC price? And what about the BTC futures?

The way paper crypto would work is like this:

1.  The institution holds 1 XMR
2.  The institution gives you some sort of promise of ownership of the capital it is holding.  This 1 XMR belongs to pönde.
3.  But they still hold the keys.
4.  They then use this same 1 XMR for further financial purposes, for example selling it short, or giving ANOTHER entity claims on it as well as you.

All of the above works fine until there is demand from multiple owners of the asset at the same time.

This was a huge part of the 2009 financial crisis.  It is a form of fractional reserve.  And poof Lehman Brothers is just a page in history...

And YES!  Those "paper BTC" *do* already exist.  Most, if not every exchange that holds the private keys for user's accounts is doing exactly this.  In the end (because of theft) it was also the way GOX fell.

The ultimate remedy is unique to bitcoin as it is a digital bearer asset.  All users have to do is either to hold their own private keys, take "physical delivery" of any contracts they purchase, or at the very least only do business with entities that keep BTC in segregated addresses for which the user KNOWS the public key, or address.

This is where it get's interesting, because never before has there been a financial instrument that has the bearer asset properties of cash, but all the advantages of digital money on top.

The WORLD is not anymore the way it used to be, mm mm mmm, Nuh Nuh NO!

Great post. - It clearly shows a system that is fundamentally flawed in its design. Allowing this kind of fractional reserve (banking) system is a downward spiral, something that can only be sustained as long as enough sheeple are either not knowing about the game that is being played or are hoping for someone else that will come after them and play along.
Deploying a similar system for Bitcoin and/or other cryptocurrencies such as Monero is just insanely stupid imho - it counterfeits most of their initial ideas that led to the creation of Bitcoin.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
KeyJockey

Activity: 608
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 02:20:41 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Deploying a similar system for Bitcoin and/or other cryptocurrencies such as Monero is just insanely stupid imho - it counterfeits most of their initial ideas that led to the creation of Bitcoin.

Yeah but doesn't mean "THEY" ain't gonna TRY to do it anyway in order to preserve their power structure.

It comes down then to a problem of Educating The Masses. Making the proverbial Man On The Street AWARE of the problem, and its solution.

That never happened yet in all the time since 1913 (at least) with the creation of the (not) Federal (no) Reserve System.

They were able to accomplish the scam thru purely social and communication education medium control.

Bitcoin and Crypto is MAYBE DIFFERENT ("it's different this time") perhaps ONLY because it's a little more TECHNICAL, as the "software" plays a larger role in replacing the middle man, custodial aspect.

But the idea the entire Grand Experiment that Satoshi launched could FAIL just 'cuz da peeple iz stoopid... is still pretty depressing  Undecided

- 1KeyJKVWVxdavKTetDJpQWdUaota5jbtX6 -
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 04:24:41 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2018, 01:40:07 AM by Hueristic

I used to not believe in this coin but now he can only go UP.  I wish I bought more Monero it will probably be 500 dollars or less soon.

Ya I guess monero turned out to be a better coin than the other ones. I really wish I purchased more of this coin, I lost so much money on scams.  The tech shows great signs of improvement

Good time to sell.

Good time to exercise clicking on the ignore button too mate.  I do wonder what is behind accounts like this.  Paid shills..? Sock puppets..? Who knows....

As if anyone here who has held this far is likely to sell now...  Wink

Shit, my .01286 didn't get filled. Sad

Yeah but doesn't mean "THEY" ain't gonna TRY to do it anyway in order to preserve their power structure.

It comes down then to a problem of Educating The Masses. Making the proverbial Man On The Street AWARE of the problem, and its solution.

That never happened yet in all the time since 1913 (at least) with the creation of the (not) Federal (no) Reserve System.

They were able to accomplish the scam thru purely social and communication education medium control.

Bitcoin and Crypto is MAYBE DIFFERENT ("it's different this time") perhaps ONLY because it's a little more TECHNICAL, as the "software" plays a larger role in replacing the middle man, custodial aspect.

But the idea the entire Grand Experiment that Satoshi launched could FAIL just 'cuz da peeple iz stoopid... is still pretty depressing  Undecided

IOU +1 sM+ pd

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 09, 2018, 04:45:24 PM

Monero has managed to maintain itself well in the privacy coin market. DASH used to be the number 1 coin but that has fallen with no real sign of recovery. Monero has 'unpleasant' but actual real world use which makes it good for investors.

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 02:30:43 PM
Merited by TheFuzzStone (1)

^  Dash was never a 'no.1 coin' in anything, being somewhat of trying to be a privacy coin or otherwise.  They're good at 'marketing' tho...  Wink  But I'm not really sure how they're good at it today.  They seem to have faltered.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2018, 02:37:34 PM

^  Dash was never a 'no.1 coin' in anything, being somewhat of trying to be a privacy coin or otherwise.  They're good at 'marketing' tho...  Wink  But I'm not really sure how they're good at it today.  They seem to have faltered.

Not true, they originated the masternode, which is the pinnacle in gimmicky greed. Apparently Duffield understood the largest target market for cryptocurrencies long before anyone else. He may be slimy as fuck, but he understands the psychology of greed.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 04:23:00 PM

Not true, they originated the masternode, which is the pinnacle in gimmicky greed. Apparently Duffield understood the largest target market for cryptocurrencies long before anyone else. He may be slimy as fuck, but he understands the psychology of greed.

+1 MS sM

smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:54:20 AM

Maybe the psychology in the market at the particular time he did it, but no masternode coins are doing very well anymore at this point. Seems to be just one of many crypto fads whose time came and went. Duff looks like a one hit wonder to me, which likely makes it more luck than genius.

Contrast with Larimer.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 11:54:39 AM

^  Dash was never a 'no.1 coin' in anything, being somewhat of trying to be a privacy coin or otherwise.  They're good at 'marketing' tho...  Wink  But I'm not really sure how they're good at it today.  They seem to have faltered.

Maybe the psychology in the market at the particular time he did it, but no masternode coins are doing very well anymore at this point. Seems to be just one of many crypto fads whose time came and went. Duff looks like a one hit wonder to me, which likely makes it more luck than genius.

Contrast with Larimer.

^  Duffield would be a genius in my book if he has foreseen and was already planning the master node idea right when he was still instamining Dash.  Perfecto!  Lololol.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 01:10:04 AM

Dash is just a Bitcoin clone with discarded technology on top of a ponzi scheme (masternodes).

Monero, on the other hand, is unique both in code and features, and basically got all the main fundamental points right, btw, Articmine videos on youtube are some of the best explanations of the economics of Monero: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EKuEfOI86I   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECqcf-Nyjmw

monero is just a bytecoin clone  Smiley lol

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:32:19 AM
Merited by TheFuzzStone (1), lethos3 (1)

Dash is just a Bitcoin clone with discarded technology on top of a ponzi scheme (masternodes).

Monero, on the other hand, is unique both in code and features, and basically got all the main fundamental points right, btw, Articmine videos on youtube are some of the best explanations of the economics of Monero: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EKuEfOI86I   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECqcf-Nyjmw

monero is just a bytecoin clone  Smiley lol

Yeah, except for the GUI, RingCT, bulletproofs, updated PoW algorithm, LMDB, mandatory minimum ring size and decoy selection that doesn't completely suck to the point of being useless, and a million other things that actually make it not shit.
tokeweed
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 01:45:41 PM

And an awesome community...  I mean compared to BTC, XMR's community is less uptight and more easy going...  And less taking themselves seriously.  Seriously.  Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:51:44 PM

Shit, wish I had waited to buy last week.
Well there is always this week. Smiley

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 07:58:32 PM

Shit, wish I had waited to buy last week.
Well there is always this week. Smiley

Also next week?  Probably?
Pages: « 1 ... 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 [2000] 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: