Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:15:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 [2127] 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312278 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
elrippos friend

Activity: 1179
Merit: 209

only hodl what you understand and love!

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 08:40:42 AM

0,0067 seems to be a hard border to cross, BUT ....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 12:52:34 PM

I zoomed out a bit on the daily.

I note the recent "peak" was not a bart pattern

RSI pretty low, scanning along the time in the chart each time it went that low there was some subsequent up.

Also I got my Monero back that I left behind on way up.  Smiley   yay

dragonvslinux
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 2204

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 12:56:40 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2023, 01:26:10 PM by dragonvslinux

I zoomed out a bit on the daily.

I note the recent "peak" was not a bart pattern

RSI pretty low, scanning along the time in the chart each time it went that low there was some subsequent up.

Also I got my Monero back that I left behind on way up.  Smiley   yay

From a fib retracement perspective (regardless of how you look at it) - it looks bad. Falling through the volume point of control isn't a good sign either.

If the Week closes below the 0.236 "last line in the sand" retracement level, then I'd be expecting lower lows personally  Undecided

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Globb0
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 01:06:51 PM
Merited by dragonvslinux (1)

From a fib retracement perspective (regardless of how you look at it) - it looks bad. Falling through the volume point of control isn't a good sign either.

If the Week closes below the 0.236 "last line in the sand" retracement level, then I'd be expecting lower lows personally  Undecided

This being a speculation thread that sounds like a lovely buy the dip oppoertunity.

Anywhere here or bellow must be tempting in those bitcoins. OK its (BTC) on a run for now. But patience.

There will be an back flow, all those reds like that chart even look quite sus/but of course its not the price its the bitcoin value.
dragonvslinux
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 01:20:31 PM
Merited by Globb0 (2)

If the Week closes below the 0.236 "last line in the sand" retracement level, then I'd be expecting lower lows personally  Undecided

This being a speculation thread that sounds like a lovely buy the dip oppoertunity.

Anywhere here or bellow must be tempting in those bitcoins. OK its (BTC) on a run for now. But patience.

There will be an back flow, all those reds like that chart even look quite sus/but of course its not the price its the bitcoin value.

I also think it could be a great buy the dip opportunity, after all XMR is 40% down from recent highs, 80% from ATH. There's no doubt in my mind it's a great discount at these prices, given Monero's fundamental value that I believe is still as strong as ever before. My only concern is, if price doesn't bounce back from these levels, it could be in deep trouble.

I'm personally waiting for the Week to close, hoping for a wick to form at the bottom of the current candle (for confirmation of support) before considering averaging in any further. This price structure reminds me a bit of BAT/BTC, that also had a similar spike in price, but when it came to bouncing off the lows again, it broke through dropping another 30%.

I'm airing on the side of caution right now.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
elrippos friend

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 04:08:51 PM

I also think it could be a great buy the dip opportunity, after all XMR is 40% down from recent highs, 80% from ATH. There's no doubt in my mind it's a great discount at these prices, given Monero's fundamental value that I believe is still as strong as ever before. My only concern is, if price doesn't bounce back from these levels, it could be in deep trouble.

I'm personally waiting for the Week to close, hoping for a wick to form at the bottom of the current candle (for confirmation of support) before considering averaging in any further. This price structure reminds me a bit of BAT/BTC, that also had a similar spike in price, but when it came to bouncing off the lows again, it broke through dropping another 30%.

Wait until the first December week and place your orders near to 0,0060  Grin

dragonvslinux
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 04:44:05 PM

Why the first week of December you say? I'm curious...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
alaskabm

Activity: 11
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 19, 2020, 05:43:30 PM

In terms of xmr\usd price is holding well.

I'm just trying to understand what btc is going to do.

Do you guys think it will hold 17-18k, go for a correction to 11-13k or pass the 20k range towards 25k?

elrippos friend

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 06:14:57 AM

Why the first week of December you say? I'm curious...

Simply because this is a pattern we already had in April and May 2016 and at the moment speaking the behaviour is exactly the same in my opinion  Grin Grin Grin

Krimster

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 07:04:13 PM

Yeah, low 0.06x seems reasonable, but in an active subject to such wild changes, I'd rather not take too many chances, I have entered at half load. If it does go down as elrippo predicts, I'll buy the other half. But I don't want to get excluded from the trip up just because a few whales decide to do something funny.
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 10:38:13 PM

Yeah, low 0.06x seems reasonable, but in an active subject to such wild changes, I'd rather not take too many chances, I have entered at half load. If it does go down as elrippo predicts, I'll buy the other half. But I don't want to get excluded from the trip up just because a few whales decide to do something funny.

0.006434 (binance) is officially low .006x already.  I bought with half of my allotted BTC in the .007's for the same reasons, but my margin account is still short  Tongue  I guess now is not the time to go to work.  According to elrippos friend I will have to let a couple jobs float until December, just to be sure.  Working is a poor life choice anyway  Grin
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 10:43:52 PM

0.006443 (binance) is officially low .006x already.  I bought with half of my allotted BTC in the .007's for the same reasons, but my margin account is still short  Tongue  I guess now is not the time to go to work.  According to elrippos friend I will have to let a couple jobs float until December, just to be sure.  Working is a poor life choice anyway  Grin

I was going to long at .0075 but was too lazy to figure out binance margin system.

Now I'm reconsidering learning it again. Cheesy

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 10:49:56 PM

0.006443 (binance) is officially low .006x already.  I bought with half of my allotted BTC in the .007's for the same reasons, but my margin account is still short  Tongue  I guess now is not the time to go to work.  According to elrippos friend I will have to let a couple jobs float until December, just to be sure.  Working is a poor life choice anyway  Grin

I was going to long at .0075 but was too lazy to figure out binance margin system.

Yep.  When I close the short I'm flipping full margin long, and just ride out what's left of the dip, and see how long I can keep my fingers out of it for.  What fun it was to find some bits and pieces still on polo after my hiatus.

There's .006414...
Globb0
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 10:55:30 PM

When to go long though? Margin is risky.

where do yo set the stop? a trailing one?

Whales have a way of messing you up with spikes.
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 11:07:47 PM

No stops.  Its how I roll.  Draw some lines, pick a number, add a bit for insurance, and take the BTC.  IMO long at any point down from here is good enough.  I know from experience that I won't catch the bottom with any weight, so very soon I will go long with about half, and add to it progressively (hopefully all on the way down, and not in a panic on the way up lol) Even it if takes a few months to get back to green, it is profitable, but I don't expect that to be the case.  The down side is vastly diminished at this point.  If I have to shore up my collateral as it dips to unthinkable levels, I will double down and profit more.  If it dies alltogether, and never comes back up, well the XMR I staked is worthless anyway, isn't it?  win-win, or lose-lose.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 02:52:01 AM

Yep.  When I close the short I'm flipping full margin long, and just ride out what's left of the dip, and see how long I can keep my fingers out of it for.  What fun it was to find some bits and pieces still on polo after my hiatus.

There's .006414...

I got a letter saying my funds on Polo were with the treasurers office in a state I don't reside in and it was only 66% of what I had there sold at the bottom converted to usdt. Thats one way I know they were orchestrating dumps when Goldmann Ballsacks owned Polo.

I always make sure price can drop 40% before liquidation and have only been called once when there was fuckery going on during BTC fork.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 08:50:18 AM

cAPSLOCK, any update on your USD:XMR chart? 
elrippos friend

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 09:09:11 AM

0.006434 (binance) is officially low .006x already.  I bought with half of my allotted BTC in the .007's for the same reasons, but my margin account is still short  Tongue  I guess now is not the time to go to work.  According to elrippos friend I will have to let a couple jobs float until December, just to be sure.  Working is a poor life choice anyway  Grin

In my world 0,0064x is mid 0,006x but fine for me to call it lowish 0,006x  Grin Grin Grin

elrippos friend

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 09:10:40 AM

One is never too old to learn  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin

elrippos friend

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 11:50:09 AM

Ps.: ... it smells like teen spirit fomo in here ...  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 [2127] 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: