Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:41:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CACR] California Coin Reloaded - FRESH CAC | PoW | Forked the DEV |  (Read 15034 times)
bitcad4u (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:14:33 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 03:56:07 PM by bitcad4u

Forking the DEV since 2014

*Old Thread -  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=589672.msg8500452#msg8500452
*Poll to decide what to do with old block chain - http://goo.gl/TjtFY1

***This is a community effort to migrate The California Coin and its users from a corrupt deciving / scammer "dev" to a new FRESH start utilizing  FRESH as the PoW which is comparable in some regards to x11,13,15 ***

Please be patient while we collect ideas and thoughts from the original CAC community

What we know so far (what will be implemented):

*Scrypt PoW will be changed to FRESH PoW* : your electrical bill for mining will be minimal compared to mining scrypt - heat generated from your cards will be FAR LESS (cards will seem idle) - lifetime of your cards will increase as they are not being strained to the max with heat issues etc

*Coin Supply will be LOWERED* : There will be far less coins in circulation - no firm decision yet on amount of coins - likely 5 - 10 million coins

*PoW ONLY* : The coin will have NO PoS turning point.  This mimics the same structure that made Bitcoin and Litecoin successful, this also carries technical and economical benefits.

*Android Wallet / Iphone Wallet* : Mobile features will be an essential focal point for the new CAC  - devlopment on mobile applications will commence shortly after new CaC launch

*Integration into payment gateways* - You will be able to spend your FRESH CAC anywhere you can spend your BTC

*More to come from FRESH CAC - CAC Reloaded*

Thank You

Representing the California Coin Community
-bitcad
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcad4u (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:15:56 PM

We plan to launch the new coin based on FRESH PoW once the details are ironed out with the old block chain migration.  We are waiting for the community input before making final decisions on which way to progress.
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:16:10 PM

good.

Hope fresh algo catch on.
bitcad4u (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:19:35 PM

good.

FRESH algo for a fresh start at CAC coin.  Fresh uses FAR LESS POWER and much less strain put on your GPUS also ASIC resistant.  FRESH is better than x11, x13, x15 In my opinion.  We will have a great community and great coin on this new algo

yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:21:32 PM

good.

FRESH algo for a fresh start at CAC coin.  Fresh uses FAR LESS POWER and much less strain put on your GPUS also ASIC resistant.  FRESH is better than x11, x13, x15 In my opinion.  We will have a great community and great coin on this new algo

FRESH is the best algo right now. No other algo can compare to FRESH.

x11 has become the new scrypt.
pbminer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:30:27 PM

good.

FRESH is the best algo right now. No other algo can compare to FRESH.

x11 has become the new scrypt.

+1
+2

dont forget to Vote
Gambiman

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:33:34 PM

Ok guys, well done.
I'll be following this with attention

Trade markets with Bitcoins ! Including Forex, Commodities and Stocks SimpleFX
Transfer Money accross borders with so little fee that it is silly !
Gambiman

Activity: 389

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:35:22 PM

I would be inclined to vote for starting a new chain, but how will coins be exchanged?

Trade markets with Bitcoins ! Including Forex, Commodities and Stocks SimpleFX
Transfer Money accross borders with so little fee that it is silly !
bitcad4u (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:56:45 PM

I would be inclined to vote for starting a new chain, but how will coins be exchanged?

we are drafting a document describing this right now - stay tuned. 
pbminer

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:17:20 PM

Don't forget to vote - your decision counts
nikkers

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:25:37 PM

i like the sound of this FRESH algo, first i heard of it  Wink

It has my vote anyway.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:05:25 PM

You all would get more karma and your money would be better spent if you donated to feed the homeless or donated to help with Bitcoin development than to waste your money on probable scams.
bitcad4u (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:47:20 PM

You all would get more karma and your money would be better spent if you donated to feed the homeless or donated to help with Bitcoin development than to waste your money on probable scams.
This is the fix to the previous scam.  We are all about Co existing with bitcoin.   Helping those is need is part of what we stand for.   We plan to have a fresh cac donation address that will go towards helping Those facing addiction problems within the state of California.   This is something the old dev would never have considered.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:04:27 PM

Since none of you guys believe me when I said dev has a bunch of clone accounts. Check these users' last log on date. I might missed a couple but you get the idea:

HOUSE
JRoC
NikolaD
AllisionMarieLewis
HaRR0o
Sm0k3WeeDEveryD@Y

Also, none of the voters are from California, why bother working on something that you can't use. Let just call it Central America Coin  Grin
bitcad4u (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:20:06 PM

Since none of you guys believe me when I said dev has a bunch of clone accounts. Check these users' last log on date. I might missed a couple but you get the idea:

HOUSE
JRoC
NikolaD
AllisionMarieLewis
HaRR0o
Sm0k3WeeDEveryD@Y

Also, none of the voters are from California, why bother working on something that you can't use. Let just call it Central America Coin  Grin

all these names have the same IP ?  or just from same geo location?
sandpaper

Activity: 373

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:23:57 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 08:37:47 PM by sandpaper

I don't see a 3rd revision of this coin making it. There are no innovations with a new fork.

Simply changing it to FRESH won't solve any of the underlying problems of adoption and use.

Also, there are other alternatives that are much faster and more efficient on a wide range of cards.
NIST5 / Groestl / Myriad Groestl / x11 are also options to look into. They are very energy efficient.

If we're going to do a big change, take a look at SFR (saffron coin) and consider implementing a lot of their ideas.

Some of these example would include
Exchange in the wallet
Ticker of current price in usd / btc / ltc / doge
Total minted coins
POS/POW Hybrid system for better network security for mining and staking (no pow block height limit)

I do think however if we move over to a new coin and do a swap of old CAC coins to new CACR coins then I could see it working, but how will you prevent the DEV from CAC from dumping his into the new currency.
bitcad4u (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:38:23 PM

I don't see a 3rd revision of this coin making it. There are no innovations with a new fork.

Simply changing it to FRESH won't solve any of the underlying problems of adoption and use.

Also, there are other alternatives that are much faster and more efficient on a wide range of cards.
NIST5 / Groestl / Myriad Groestl / x11 are also options to look into. They are very energy efficient.

If we're going to do a big change, take a look at SFR (saffron coin) and consider implementing a lot of their ideas.

Exchange in the wallet
Total minted coins
POS/POW Hybrid system for better network security for mining and staking (no pow block height limit)

I do think however if we move over to a new coin and do a swap of old CAC coins to new CACR coins then I could see it working, but how will you prevent the DEV from CAC from dumping his into the new currency.

we will do what the community wants - if the majority wants to dump it - so be it.  we will move on.
pbminer

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:49:57 PM

HOUSE
JRoC
NikolaD
AllisionMarieLewis
HaRR0o
Sm0k3WeeDEveryD@Y

You are kidding me right? All the accounts named above are all the same guy? What a brick.
Thanks for helping to Clear that one up.

I don't believe it what a con...

Again Thanks
sunerok

Activity: 629
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 08:57:43 PM

dev, or anyone on here with CentOS, can you write an autogen.sh and configure.ac for centos?

https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/blob/master/configure.ac

https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/blob/master/autogen.sh

^ this is what i mean. CentOS installs are difficult sometimes, this will help exchanges and pools running CentOS

this is what auto-install gist looks like after those are complete:

https://gist.github.com/patricklodder/c7c067cc831f0d3190c2#file-build-dogecoin-sh

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
pbminer

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:59:39 PM

Exchange in the wallet
Total minted coins

we will do what the community wants - if the majority wants to dump it - so be it.  we will move on.

we have to make it so that it is bullet proof and the old dev can not get to it.
like the info brian_n... has send is a good start then that way we known if this si correct those accounts will get no exchange .. my thoughts on it.

I am sure as a group we come up with the right idea to solve this and there are many people around it which can make this happen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: