Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:54:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coindroids - On-chain strategy game with coin payouts  (Read 7251 times)
Abstrct (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 04:55:38 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 03:31:26 PM by Abstrct

It's the year 20XX, long since the original accounting droid, the EconoDroid, had been created by the humans. The droids have since learned quite a bit from their once squishy overlords and now conduct war purely with money, specifically the blunt ample math based instrument that are cryptocurrencies. Droids themselves have continued to evolve and cherish the horrible lessons they learned from their human masters, forming a new class of droid, Coindroids. This droid army understands two important lessons: that money is power, and that power is best exerted by launching it at high velocities at the enemy.  

Coindroids is a game like no other. It is completely skill-based, played with coins, and played for coins. Your actions are transactions, so you must choose them wisely. Your success will depend as much on your quick thinking as it will your methodical attention to detail throughout our ongoing story.

Your Droid
Each player has a droid which they choose and then work to build up. New body parts, unlocked by levelling up, will help withstand bigger attacks from your foes, and help you increase the efficiency of your attacks.

Droids also have some dynamic attributes which change over time, specifically your Cover, EMI, and your Focus. Cover is an environment variable that alters how well the Cover action will do to protect you, the EMI governs how likely a droid is to drop loot, and Focus changes how powerful your attack can be for that block. All of these variables can be calculated based on the previous block hash.

Earning Money
You can earn money in Coindroids in two ways, attacking and defending.

When you attack, if you are able to destroy a droid, you will win the contents of their purse. If you and another droid share in the destruction during the same block, that money is split between you.

Defending is not passively, there is no actual defence action, simply trying to stay alive as long as possible is the key here. The more blocks you stay alive, and the larger your droids purse is, the more funds that may come to you when you are attacked by others.

Always remember that everything in Coindroids is deterministic. There is no luck in this war, just calculated actions.

All payouts from the system occur only once the sum of your pending payouts has hit the payout threshold. This is to prevent spam transactions and save funds on transaction fees. The threshold for payouts in Litecoin is 0.055LTC

Attacking
When attacking, you'll want to search for droids who are weak with low health and a nice high purse. The ultimate goal is to spend less on your attacks than you receive as purse payouts.

Every detail about your attack can be properly calculated. In the Attack Box, we provide some estimates and quick-choices, but ultimately you decide how to utilize your ammo clip each block. Attack a single droid with all your ammo, or try to snipe a couple kills across many.

Items & Upgrades

Your droid is an ever evolving cryptocurrency shooting killing machine. As you gain experience through your attacks and level up, you will be able to purchase items and customize them to be more stronger and drastically cooler.

The Coindroids universe is ever evolving but details on new items will not always be provided via simple announcement. Keep a close eye on our social feeds (Twitter, Facebook and our web comic or your droid may miss out.

Supported Coins and Wallets
We have the ability to support a number of currencies, however at the moment we are limiting it to Litecoin (LTC), Defcoin (DFC). Currently the largest active community is playing from the Litecoin network.

We have been developing Coindroids for the Bitcoin network since we began however, due to high transaction fees and block times, we have suspended Bitcoin Mainnet (BTC) and Bitcoin Testnet (XTN) support for the time being.

Litecoin Wallets
PC/Mac/Linux: Exodus, Litecoin Core
iOS: Loafwallet
Android: Coinomi
Web: Litevault.net

Defcoin Wallets
PC/Mac/Linux: Defcoin-QT
iOS: Beerwallet
Android: Coinomi

Development Status
Coindroids is currently playable in an alpha state. Those interested in playing must locate an invite code prior to registration. Registration is temporarily open to all.

A full api is available for the technically advanced.

Guides

We also really care about security and try our best to follow the CCSS  
If you find anything wrong, please let us know ❤️

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hotsaucee

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 01:09:30 PM

Can't wait til a BTC version. I would be very interested in playing this then!

Abstrct (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 03:56:20 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 10:37:45 PM by Abstrct

So, this game now exists (yes three years in the making...) in a much prettier and stable state. Unfortunately, due to block times and tx fees on the Bitcoin network, we had to switch to the Litecoin network instead. Despite our love of Bitcoin, it just wasn't a good fit for it anymore.

If you want to try the Litecoin alpha, I'm happy to hand out some invite codes.
https://www.coindroids.com
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 05:01:02 AM

I tried to sign up but nothing happened, is an invite code required?

Love the artwork by the way, very slick!
Abstrct (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 01:04:05 PM

I tried to sign up but nothing happened, is an invite code required?

Love the artwork by the way, very slick!

Thanks for the love on the artwork! It's certainly a point of pride for us.

Sign-up is currently limited to those with an invite code only. You should find one in your inbox now Smiley
Abstrct (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 01:54:57 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2017, 03:59:56 PM by Abstrct

Bump for the thread because I have drastically updated the initial text with a lot more information. In celebration of the bump, here are some invite codes as well:

7398a292-1f43-4f01-9db2-5a6821e23237
c6eb3fd7-58ba-4ef0-b9ca-9d41bd45a385
248564bf-ba36-4e48-9c18-244755509ead
1e5d3c76-6184-496c-b333-22886473335b
e511af40-b351-4895-88df-3be00417a4d7
b3f47dcc-be88-47c3-bf8b-0bb867dd0046
63e8093e-dae0-4a2c-b989-54dcaa9943f8
203c060a-1733-4dbf-a5c7-8f96722be4fd
c2a2305e-79ee-436e-a0a9-fb7a4dbd84a6
ce55e944-1509-4b21-a20b-d677d0091f45
e4fdcea5-6816-4f6e-ad47-4c01b83cafba
8e353c74-4054-4796-9aee-d9c862a5341a
f423347c-9434-4277-a972-b5f0a79711fa
38d82ff7-d6ec-4140-a039-8f1d612edaf7
bf6f91aa-c326-44b1-b7ec-ebfd257cd464
089be5b0-81d7-46fb-9244-92f62aa00c7f
b8bfeaf2-1438-4f3c-8fd0-dc136263a3fb
bd3bd31d-437a-4cb2-9602-c2a2ac52c3a4
07abdd85-879f-4cb6-9eed-426ef99ce782

I'll keep an eye on their use and remove any that have been taken so people don't need to try a bunch to get in.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:32:45 PM

I signed up and use one of your invitation code up there. It's a wow, this is really nice and unique. I love the idea and the site itself (both look and content esp.comic). Since I don't have a litecoin, I can't try the battle. Don't you have some kind of free trial, even just one battle for every new account? For sure if a user liked it, he'll probably deposit afterwards.
Abstrct (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 02:49:43 PM

I signed up and use one of your invitation code up there. It's a wow, this is really nice and unique. I love the idea and the site itself (both look and content esp.comic). Since I don't have a litecoin, I can't try the battle. Don't you have some kind of free trial, even just one battle for every new account? For sure if a user liked it, he'll probably deposit afterwards.

Coindroids works based on following exact transactions, with no off-chain component at the moment. Bitcoin Testnet is supported if you can find some XTN out of a faucet, but I'll also be in touch privately regarding how I can help get you going in the LTC or DFC realm Smiley
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:48:23 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but does the money from one's wallet is sent automatically to the other person's wallet on successfully damaging their droids ? We've a security concern here then...
Abstrct (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 04:51:41 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but does the money from one's wallet is sent automatically to the other person's wallet on successfully damaging their droids ? We've a security concern here then...

Good question! Funds sent during an attack (or any other action) are sent to addresses controlled by Coindroids, not the actual defending droid wallet. Coindroids then processes the game logic and redistributes funds accordingly.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:04:26 PM

Good question! Funds sent during an attack (or any other action) are sent to addresses controlled by Coindroids, not the actual defending droid wallet. Coindroids then processes the game logic and redistributes funds accordingly.
So basically,coindroids acts as an automated escrow during a battle ? Any fees involved during the transfer ? How does the game make money ? In-game purchases or only transfer/service fees ?
P.S. : I'm signing up!
Abstrct (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 05:14:34 PM

So basically,coindroids acts as an automated escrow during a battle ? Any fees involved during the transfer ? How does the game make money ? In-game purchases or only transfer/service fees ?
P.S. : I'm signing up!

Right now there is a %1 fee on action transactions, but all the payments details are constantly being monitored and tweaked. Since we are just in alpha testing, we'll understand the economy more as players start giving us more data to crunch.

We have a post here regarding the way coin flows in and out of the system.
U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:17:28 PM

Ugh I was getting all signed up but I can't use Litecoins..  I don't think they have a mobile wallet which is exclusively what I use for bitcoins. Is that right though? I can't find anything on android that seems secure enough.
Abstrct (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 05:20:57 PM

Ugh I was getting all signed up but I can't use Litecoins..  I don't think they have a mobile wallet which is exclusively what I use for bitcoins. Is that right though? I can't find anything on android that seems secure enough.

The "Litecoin Wallet" android wallet is completely incompatible with us. It doesn't support multi-sig addresses at all.

There is a wallet called Coinomi that seems to work pretty nicely for Litecoin though.
NowakSotto

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 01:17:04 PM

ohhh looks cool

can i have a invitation code too ?
Abstrct (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 01:51:30 PM

ohhh looks cool

can i have a invitation code too ?

Of course! Check your inbox
btc4peace

Activity: 444
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:53:35 PM

I made a game at http://ethereummining.co.in and we pay to various cryptos.   If you do not use LTC but want to play the droids game for btc... Just go to ShapeShift.io and set up a reuseable LTC to BTC address.

@Original Poster.... ShapeShift has an affiliate program... You could put this info with your affiliate link IN YOUR GAME (no affiliate links in forums).

Then, people could set up their SS LTC->BTC addresses and you earn commisions, but players can play for any crypto.

Or, use epay.info and create an offchain version.

I am more trustable than you.  Those cbags who trolled me can get bent.
Abstrct (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 02:36:02 PM

@Original Poster.... ShapeShift has an affiliate program... You could put this info with your affiliate link IN YOUR GAME (no affiliate links in forums).

Great, idea thanks! Doesn't hurt to add an affiliate link here and there throughout our documentation and droid creation process for people looking for LTC.

Then, people could set up their SS LTC->BTC addresses and you earn commisions, but players can play for any crypto.

Or, use epay.info and create an offchain version.

I'll have to take a look at both of these options, but I don't know if they will be compatible with the way we sync/follow wallets.

With that being said, if people really wanted to play with BTC that bad, I'd rather just reinstate our Bitcoin support. It is completely ready to go but, when we were testing it, it just wasn't as fun of user experience due to long block confirmations and high fees.  

xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:48:12 PM

Looks like a great game. But who do I play against?
Another player or computer?
Also send me an invite. Thanks.
You play against players over here, every one of them owns a droid listed to exact address ( for now it is for litecoins only), I recommend you launching their website, and reading carefully the whole "how to play" tab, here is the URL: https://www.coindroids.com/gettingStarted.

Actually, I would start to play over there, but I do not own any litecoins right now, and they are necessary to start, Im not able to list the wallet to my droid without sending transaction I guess?
Bitcoin version might get really popular in my opinion, the game concept is really great, and I actually like that every block mined is 1 round in the game.

I hope you will encounter success, and that you will get a good support from the bitcoin community during creation of this game, you really deserve it for such a good job that you have already made.
Abstrct (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2017, 02:48:12 PM

... Im not able to list the wallet to my droid without sending transaction I guess?

Correct, the droid is activated once a wallet is successfully synced with it the first time. Until then the Droid is inactive and not visible to other players. Your can think of your wallet as the games controller.

Bitcoin version might get really popular in my opinion, the game concept is really great, and I actually like that every block mined is 1 round in the game.

Due to the fees, we'd just have to start out with a lot higher minimums. Instead of the ~$0.04-0.16 range of action costs that we aim for in Litecoin, we'd likely have to make it closers to $4-$16 for the game to be interesting enough in Bitcoin to offset the transaction fees. We're certainly not against the idea, but we would/will definitely do more alpha testing before exposing this 'hardcore mode'. 

I hope you will encounter success, and that you will get a good support from the bitcoin community during creation of this game, you really deserve it for such a good job that you have already made.

Thanks, that's very kind of you! What you see now is really just the tip of the iceberg too Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: