Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:03:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT vs BitsharesX  (Read 2587 times)
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 04:19:34 AM

BitsharesX is next BitBay Grin

I didn't follow Bitbay.  Is that a good or bad thing?

Seeing as how all of the topics regarding bitbay here on BCT are going down in flames as well as the trading price on bittrex/BTER, I'd say it isn't a good comparison.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 07:28:19 AM

Its bitshares.

Bitbay is junk bond while bts is tbond
focus-coin

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 08:41:13 AM

Very good thing
Brangdon

Activity: 365
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 10:13:26 AM

IMO NXT is aimed more at the cyptocurrency community, with the new Monetary System designed to allow altcoins to be built on top of NXT quite easily.

Bitshares is aimed more at the world outside of the crypto community with support for the digital dollar and other pegged currencies.
Nxt wants to be all things for all people. It has a lot of features aimed at business, including a free marketplace and an asset exchange. Those things have been live for months and there are businesses using them. The Monetary System isn't live yet. It too is partially aimed at businesses. You can use it for crowd-sourcing capital and for gift-token type things.

Bitshares looks like smoke and mirrors to me, but the part that seems most interesting is its willingness to engage with regulators. I think eventually 2.0 crypto-currencies will need provision to conform to money laundering laws, eg with assets that can only be bought by accounts with a certified real-world identity.

Bitcoin: 1BrangfWu2YGJ8W6xNM7u66K4YNj2mie3t Nxt: NXT-XZQ9-GRW7-7STD-ES4DB
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 12:00:06 PM

IMO NXT is aimed more at the cyptocurrency community, with the new Monetary System designed to allow altcoins to be built on top of NXT quite easily.

Bitshares is aimed more at the world outside of the crypto community with support for the digital dollar and other pegged currencies.

Why make this distinction at all? It's not really a valid one.
If the crypto community has any future, it will be by merging into commerce anyway, so this point is rather moot in the long term. Smiley

Also, the MS is nót aimed at creating alt-coins at all. It's aimed at creating tokens that have many other uses beyond being "coins", just as the Asset Exchange is not aimed at creating "shares", but rather at creating easily trading tokens of another kind.

Don't mistake the label for the substance.

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 01:24:20 PM

Why make this distinction at all? It's not really a valid one.
If the crypto community has any future, it will be by merging into commerce anyway, so this point is rather moot in the long term. Smiley

This is the feeling I get after hanging around in both communities and witnessing the various developmental and community attitudes.

Sure the NXT MS has many more features than just that, in the same way that bitshares has many more features than just bitUSD.
focus-coin

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 04:47:11 PM

Seeing as how all of the topics regarding bitbay here on BCT are going down in flames as well as the trading price on bittrex/BTER, I'd say it isn't a good comparison.
Then I think BitshareX is next cent, they all only can bloom in Bter   
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: