Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:12:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Policy on Mods accepting bribes  (Read 3097 times)
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 09:26:31 PM

If you are so strongly against account selling you should do something about it.

I do express subtle disapproval here and there when it's relevant, but not to the point where I'll cry about it. The topic of account selling has been discussed several times already, and this issue is actually widespread on the forum. Personally, I just choose not to do any transactions with any accounts that are flagged as sold ones. You on the other hand, are crying about one specific case and expect the whole forum and all sig campaigns to adopt to what you feel is best, out of self-interest for that matter. Don't BS about how you brought this up for the betterment of the whole forum.

there is a valid business reason to allow for account sales....Signature campaigns are what essentially creates a market for accounts.
Sig campaign is only one aspect. The other market for account trading is the ease of doing business, as it presents fake credibility. And with fake credibility, there is also an abusive side. Are you going to be personally liable if an account you sold is used to fuck someone over?

You are participating in a signature campaign so you clearly don't feel that strongly about the issue.
I don't feel anything about the issue you brought up, because in no way does it affect me, or the vast majority of of users. But it has obviously made you bitter because either one or more of your alt accounts got banned, or you can't accept the fact that two staff gets paid more than you.

If you are so strongly against account selling (despite your account being purchased)

Pretty bold statement there, and that's where you lost all credibility.

But I'll make you a deal. If you have definitive proof that my account was purchased, and mod can even verify if you want, then I'll either delete this account, or never come back to use it. But If I can prove that I've owned this account since 2011, then you delete all your alt accounts. Of course, I know you'd never take this offer, seeing how you cowardly post from a fake account in the first place.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: