Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 09:23:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Darkcoin scam  (Read 2514 times)
onlyu

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:50:58 PM

Running low on steam credit are we boys?

There's easier way to earn money you know, set up a masternode or two and sit back  Wink

People who did this got burn badly when the yield and reward can not beat the magnitude of price decline.
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:51:22 PM

I like this one personally:

There is no windows client when DRK (xcoin) released which I will never tell you.

But you just told us  Tongue

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
dadugan

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:06:35 PM

not a scam really, just not a fair reward system and certainly not anon

In what way is it unfair?

If it is not anon, then there is no point for it to exists.
7FigureSwagger

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:53:29 PM

The fact that a dozen devs were able to come along and do in a month what took Duffield in 6 months to do either proves Duffield was stringing people along for months to build hype or he isn't the superstar coder everyone made him out to be, that much is for sure. Also the fact that Dark went around proclaiming to be the first anon coin was nonsense when the Fedora mixer was out months before Darksend and Bytecoin was out 2 years ago.

I am not going to go and call Dark a scam, it is obvious Duffield has a plan and intends to follow through and keep working on the coin but I still never bought his story about the instamine being a mistake. If people want to support him and make him rich hoping to make themselves rich, more power to them, but I find it hypocritical when he is defended for the instamine when every other coin takes so much heat for a paltry 1-2% premine.

Dude u seriously believed that shit about bytecoin being 2 years old?? Lol not only does common sense make that horse shit, it's been shown they said that to hide the premine, with fake/edited/and or missing white papers.... Please go read about it I hope you didn't buy any...
roundmaster

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:09:02 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2014, 05:19:49 PM by roundmaster

not a scam really, just not a fair reward system and certainly not anon

The instamine gives a huge advantage to the ones aware of the bug: Using huge farm at the right time.  This is a 2014 coin, these bugs were fixed months ago at this time. This is likely a bug set on purpose.

In what way is it unfair?

Giving free coins using the masternode implementation for some, and high expensive coins using the POW, generates an unfair coins  scattering process; This is a way to scam the miners, and investors, like a 'premined' situation. A lot of miner aware of the situation have dumped their coins... This is a very bad move.

If it is not anon, then there is no point for it to exists.

Better algorithms without the issue describes above existed already.

Isssues after issues we can state, this is a coin to avoid.

georgehosterguy

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 06:29:09 PM

I keep looking at the gap between dark and Monero.

Looking bleak for the dark boys  Roll Eyes

oneway

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:58:39 PM

This thread gives some insights of what darkcoin really is...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: