Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:21:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HyperPool - The pool that pays you to mine! (Idea, with server available)  (Read 1701 times)
pjwaffle (OP)

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

BIB Exchange

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 02:13:32 AM

OK, here's my idea.

1. You setup the pool as usual... (poclbm, etc.)
2. You are paid based on what returns you generate.
3. The pool sells some collective mining contracts, I might allow a vote to be placed for the larger contract deals!
4. You're paid a little cut of the contract profits (proportionate to how much you mine) AND how much you mine!
5. Epic win Smiley

I have a nice VPS available, 2GB ram, etc.

Can someone explain exactly how a pool works in plain english? (Which maybe I can then convert to Python or something).

Furthermore, I might release the code open source... But only after a certain amount of donations have been recieved. (This is long term, after I actually have something)

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pwnyboy

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 02:15:45 AM

umm what?
pjwaffle (OP)

BIB Exchange

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 02:16:47 AM

umm what?

Really dude?

I thought it was pretty clear...

The pool profits by selling mining contracts, you get a cut of said profits. (based on how much you mine, of course!)

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
Convery

Activity: 966
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 02:34:15 AM

umm what?
The pool profits by selling mining contracts, you get a cut of said profits. (based on how much you mine, of course!)

To make it even more clear;
1. You lend your processing power to this guy's pool while he can also redirect your miner.
2. He can then sell your power to private investors(2Ghash = 90$ a month or such).
3. He gets the money and gives you a cut for supplying him with the power.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2011, 02:36:05 AM

Well, I am having a bit of a hard time having any faith in someone to run a pool who doesn't know how a pool works to start with and is asking outright on the forums.  It would seem to me that anyone capable of managing a pool properly would know where to go to get the information and be able to handle it themselves.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but coding a pool isn't a trivial process.  It's not a Herculean task by any means but it's not something you just whip out in a couple hours of coding if you want anything even marginally secure and usable.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
xf2_org

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 02:38:12 AM

I'm not trying to be a dick, but coding a pool isn't a trivial process.  It's not a Herculean task by any means but it's not something you just whip out in a couple hours of coding if you want anything even marginally secure and usable.

You could always start with an open source pool:  https://github.com/jgarzik/pushpool

pjwaffle (OP)

BIB Exchange

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 02:48:28 AM

You could always start with an open source pool:  https://github.com/jgarzik/pushpool

Thanks Smiley I think I can at least read C Tongue.

RustyShackleford

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 04:29:42 AM

Just because he doesn't know about mining pools doesn't mean he can't code.

I'd be personally interested in this, but a couple of concerns:

1) If you're selling a mining contract, I don't see a way to be paid in BTC and come out ahead (or be an obvious loss to the other party) which leads me to

2) If you do what most mining contracts do and get paid in fiat currency, you now have to deal with what currency to pay in, how to pay out in fiat, and possibly taxes (both reporting for you and your pool-ers)

Anyway, with concerns addressed i'd still probably consider something like this.
mjsbuddha

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

yung lean

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 04:59:02 AM

my question is, when profits are directly connected to being able to sell contracts. and by definition a pool fluctuates. what happens when you sell a contract and some people leave the pool for a different one and you dont have the power to fulfill that contract? just seems like one less degree of control to the miners to me, and a poorly thought out one.
nster

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 05:16:46 AM

my question is, when profits are directly connected to being able to sell contracts. and by definition a pool fluctuates. what happens when you sell a contract and some people leave the pool for a different one and you dont have the power to fulfill that contract? just seems like one less degree of control to the miners to me, and a poorly thought out one.

guy gets reimbursed based on pro-rata or wtv it is called (ie: 25% of mining contract left = 25% reimbursement.) His rates would be cheaper than others because it includes this risk.

or maybe this is "pooled contracts" that are resold for profit

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 11:18:45 AM

Wouldn't this approach pay way less than regular pools since on top of regular fees this pool will also pay out to the renter?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: