Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:39:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum for Android  (Read 25455 times)
kaii

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 08:36:28 PM

I'm aware of that. Problem is that if you look at the QR-url source here you can see the correct path. Somehow the site is not updating it.

I guess it just took time -- it's all working for me now. e4a_install.py and the e4a zip file are both accessible. The QR code for the Python script is also updated. Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 08:59:54 PM

I'm aware of that. Problem is that if you look at the QR-url source here you can see the correct path. Somehow the site is not updating it.

I guess it just took time -- it's all working for me now. e4a_install.py and the e4a zip file are both accessible. The QR code for the Python script is also updated. Thanks!

Hah you are right! It's all working now Smiley Long live waiting!

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 10:36:09 PM

Two suggestions...

1. One day I was unable to run Electrum because electrum.dat was corrupted on my phone. I needed to delete electrum.dat and restore it from my paper backup of the seed. I think it would be nice if Electrum could make a backup of the seed to an other file (encrypted with the same password as the wallet) so if electrum.dat gets corrupted it could be restored from the backup on the phone. (No need to go home and get the paper backup.)

2. If the server I've choosen Electrum to connect to is down, I want to choose an other server. But then the server list is empty. I think it would be nice if Electrum stored the list of servers so I can pick an other one when it's not connected.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 01:04:20 PM

Any progress on bringing this to the google market in a stand-alone apk? If you lack a developer account, I might add it under my account (which would mean me getting involved in its development Sad )

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 03:33:59 PM

Any progress on bringing this to the google market in a stand-alone apk? If you lack a developer account, I might add it under my account (which would mean me getting involved in its development Sad )

please go ahead, if you feel like it Smiley

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2012, 04:32:42 PM

please go ahead, if you feel like it Smiley

Actually I feel like "Spinner works great for me" and a bit like "I have a google developer account where I could bring more bitcoin stuff to regular Android users if it means barely more than reviewing code for backdoors and hitting the publish button".

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 06:41:19 PM

going to install on nexus 7... Do you have a show balance widget in the works

Wink

hi
fluxist

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 02:02:04 PM

Love this app. I'm tempted to pick up python just to keep the development going (if only there were enough hours in the day!)

Anyway the OP link is outdated: http://electrum.ecdsa.org/android.html directs there now (sadly no new version).

To OP: Here's some updated dependencies if you'd like to change the install instructions:

Scripting Layer For Android Release 6
http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/downloads/detail?name=sl4a_r6.apk&can=2&q=

Python for Android Release 7 (doesn't require the additional Install step within PyfA)
http://code.google.com/p/python-for-android/downloads/detail?name=PythonForAndroid-r7b1.apk&can=2&q=
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 02:15:44 PM

Yesterday I had weird issue with corrupted electrum.dat. I sent transaction, then I closed app as usual, but I wasn't able to start client again and terminal wrote something about corrupted electrum.dat. I had to drop electrum.dat and reload seed from my backup.

ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 04:50:44 PM

Love this app. I'm tempted to pick up python just to keep the development going (if only there were enough hours in the day!)

Anyway the OP link is outdated: http://electrum.ecdsa.org/android.html directs there now (sadly no new version).

To OP: Here's some updated dependencies if you'd like to change the install instructions:

http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/downloads/detail?name=sl4a_r6.apk&can=2&q=

Python for Android Release 7 (doesn't require the additional Install step within PyfA)
http://code.google.com/p/python-for-android/downloads/detail?name=PythonForAndroid-r7b1.apk&can=2&q=

thanks!

I spent a lot of effort on the electrum desktop recently, but I did not have time to catch up with the android version.
I will do it after the next version

Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 06:17:08 PM

thanks!

I spent a lot of effort on the electrum desktop recently, but I did not have time to catch up with the android version.
I will do it after the next version

any NFC support?

hi
ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 08:21:52 PM

any NFC support?

not for the moment, because I don't have a NFC phone Smiley

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 01:16:40 PM

Yesterday I had weird issue with corrupted electrum.dat. I sent transaction, then I closed app as usual, but I wasn't able to start client again and terminal wrote something about corrupted electrum.dat. I had to drop electrum.dat and reload seed from my backup.

same happened to me about 1-2 weeks ago

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
jsmithers

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 05:59:01 PM

Android version 0.52 still works fine with newer servers (i.e. electrum.be) - what needs patching is DEFAULT_SERVERS in interface.py - for some reason the servers come up as empty recently.

One workaround is to move electrum.dat to a desktop, change server and move electrum.dat back. Unfortunately the dialog to change servers to "private server" just exits the app.
I'm sure this will all be patched with a newer version...
jsmithers

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 10:26:22 PM

1.4 is out and works fine! Thanks for the good work to ThomasV
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2012, 12:52:02 PM

I just installed 1.5 and it works nicely. It even looks a bit more stable than previous versions. Did you do some fixes or it is just my feeling?

ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2012, 01:20:20 PM

I just installed 1.5 and it works nicely. It even looks a bit more stable than previous versions. Did you do some fixes or it is just my feeling?

I noticed some new bugs and fixed them. maybe they were caused because Google's SL4a changed.

running

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 10:20:03 AM

I have tried the lastest version (1.7.1). It starts all right, but then crashes when signing transactions, no matter what.

I will try to download old versions somehow.
ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 10:27:07 AM

I have tried the lastest version (1.7.1). It starts all right, but then crashes when signing transactions, no matter what.

I will try to download old versions somehow.

do you have a python traceback?

old versinos still on the website: e4a-157zip  e4a-158zip  e4a-160zip  e4a-161zip  e4a-162zip

running

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 10:28:41 AM

By manually editing the install file and switching it to 1.6.2 I installed the old version and that one works fine.

So it is something in the 1.7.1.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: