Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:41:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum for Android  (Read 25455 times)
ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 08:25:36 PM

Here is documentation on how to install Electrum on your Android device:

http://ecdsa.org/electrum/android.html

feedback is welcome

Im stuck at step 3. When I launch SL4A and scan the barcode, nothing happens. It keeps saying "no matches found".

maybe your barcode scanner does not accept large QR codes?
see here if you can update it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.zxing.client.android

alternatively, you can copy the file manually to your phone

It scans the barcode just fine. To be sure, I also tried with the scanner you linked, but I get the same result: nothing happens after scanning.
Im not sure how to manually copy the file to my phone or get it in SL4A either :/

Nevermind. What you have to do is click menu button, then preferences, show all files.
By default the .py files are hidden in SL4A!

Well, that didnt get me much further. Trying to run the scipt causes SL4A to crash instantly Sad

I suspect you did not install python for android... or you uninstalled it by mistake
edit: after step 2, you need to launch python for android and click the 'install' button

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 09:19:09 PM

Yep, that was the problem. My bad. Its like you have to install python twice, that wasnt clear to me. It appears to work now Smiley

I do assume you plan on releasing an easier to install and launch version later?  Much as I appreciate the opensourcyness, I fear not many people are going to manage this as it is right now.

Ill test it a bit and report back.

ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 04:17:56 AM

Yep, that was the problem. My bad. Its like you have to install python twice, that wasnt clear to me. It appears to work now Smiley

I do assume you plan on releasing an easier to install and launch version later?  Much as I appreciate the opensourcyness, I fear not many people are going to manage this as it is right now.

Ill test it a bit and report back.

thanks!
I have updated the page with python installation instructions; I reckon it wasn't very clear.
I believe the installation procedure is quite simple; you see it as complicated because you encountered problems.

tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 05:18:30 AM

This is tight, this is the kind of concept that is going to help bring bitcoin more mainstream.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 08:44:29 PM

I can't put it to work on my Kindle Fire with ICS. On my file manager, if I click the electrum4a.py file it asks me which program I wish to use to open the file :/
Any help?
vuce

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 09:20:25 PM

I couldn't get it to work on HTC desire as well. I'm porting it to java though, so it will run natively on android (soon, hopefully).
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 09:21:53 PM

I couldn't get it to work on HTC desire as well. I'm porting it to java though, so it will run natively on android (soon, hopefully).

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
procyon

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2012, 04:34:23 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2012, 05:43:57 PM by procyon

I have installed electrum on my android (sgs2), and it was working great, but now it just says "Synchronizing..." forever on the main page. Is the server I'm attached to down? (server: electrum.novit.ro)

edit: with help on IRC, I switched to a different server, and it's working again. thanks!
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 10:38:11 AM

you're porting electrum to java?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
vuce

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2012, 12:36:45 PM

you're porting electrum to java?

Yes. Not exactly, but it uses the same concept (wallets won't be compatible, at least not for now).
kaii

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:07:42 PM

I get a 404 error when accessing e4a_install.py on my desktop. My phone is able to download it through the QR code, but the Python script tries to download the the file http://ecdsa.org/electrum/e4a/e4a-0.52.zip which also doesn't exist.
ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 01:09:10 PM

I get a 404 error when accessing e4a_install.py on my desktop. My phone is able to download it through the QR code, but the Python script tries to download the the file http://ecdsa.org/electrum/e4a/e4a-0.52.zip which also doesn't exist.

this is because ecdsa.org now redirects to electrum-desktop.com
could someone update the url there?

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 01:46:44 PM

this is because ecdsa.org now redirects to electrum-desktop.com
could someone update the url there?

URL updated and scripts added. I can't confirm it to work on my own phone because SL4A freezes when I try to run the script (even on the old location). So please let me know if you have more luck.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 02:49:14 PM

it still does not work...

actually, the original script downloaded http://ecdsa.org/electrum/e4a (which was a full path, e4a was the filename) and saved it as e4a-0.52.zip
I did this because something (my mobile network operator?) prevented me from downloading a file with .zip extension from a telephone

kaii

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 03:40:15 PM

actually, the original script downloaded http://ecdsa.org/electrum/e4a (which was a full path, e4a was the filename) and saved it as e4a-0.52.zip
I did this because something (my mobile network operator?) prevented me from downloading a file with .zip extension from a telephone

Ah, I mistakenly assumed that the urlretrieve function was just performing a concatenation. This makes more sense.

URL updated and scripts added. I can't confirm it to work on my own phone because SL4A freezes when I try to run the script (even on the old location). So please let me know if you have more luck.

Still not working for me.
Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 03:47:29 PM

Neh there is still something forked up. It seems github pages might not be compatible with symlinks. I will have to find some time to figure out why that is.

ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 03:56:06 PM

Neh there is still something forked up. It seems github pages might not be compatible with symlinks. I will have to find some time to figure out why that is.

note that you do not need to use a symlink.
you could also just name the file directly "e4a"

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 03:58:07 PM

Tried that as well, but I still can't download it. Will try it again when I'm on my work computer.

ThomasV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 04:08:01 PM

Tried that as well, but I still can't download it. Will try it again when I'm on my work computer.

afaict, the url you use in e4a_install is still wrong: http://electrum-desktop.com/files/

Tachikoma

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 04:45:50 PM

afaict, the url you use in e4a_install is still wrong: http://electrum-desktop.com/files/

I'm aware of that. Problem is that if you look at the QR-url source here you can see the correct path. Somehow the site is not updating it.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: