Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:52:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Little Advice Would be Much Appreciated  (Read 859 times)
cryptomad (OP)

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:44:36 PM

Hello Bitcointalk,I am looking for Some Advice about the bitcoin-qt ,I have recently got the latest version and encrypted the wallet,I am now left wondering How i UN encrypt the wallet if i desire to,Ive never used the qt befor as i use the blockchain.info wallets,So Will i be asked to enter the Passphrase Upon Withdrawals? Thanks Hope someone can clear this up for me.

Spend GCN at World of electronics Transfer files at www.gfile.us 10k free per transfer Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 4505

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:09:39 PM

Hello Bitcointalk,I am looking for Some Advice about the bitcoin-qt ,I have recently got the latest version and encrypted the wallet,I am now left wondering How i UN encrypt the wallet if i desire to

There is no functionality built into the wallet to un-encrypt it.  The private keys all remain encrypted.

Ive never used the qt befor as i use the blockchain.info wallets,So Will i be asked to enter the Passphrase Upon Withdrawals?

Yes.

Anytime the wallet needs to access an existing private key, or create a new private key, it will require you to enter your password.  The password.  This will allow the wallet to decrypt the necessary private keys or encrypt the new private key.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1072

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 04:11:53 PM

You can *dump* the private keys using the console if you wanted to move them to another wallet (note that you need to be aware of *change addresses* if you go down this path).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
cryptomad (OP)

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:20:43 PM

Thank you both for the replies,So if i have bitcoin in the encrypted wallet,When i Withdraw from the wallet i will be required the password,I wont Want to change wallets,Ill keep the same wallet

Spend GCN at World of electronics Transfer files at www.gfile.us 10k free per transfer Smiley
Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 04:31:19 PM

Thank you both for the replies,So if i have bitcoin in the encrypted wallet,When i Withdraw from the wallet i will be required the password,I wont Want to change wallets,Ill keep the same wallet

You will be prompted for the passphrase any time you attempt to send bitcoins or sign a message, but you don't need it to receive bitcoins or see your balance. There's no reason for you to ever decrypt your wallet, as that would pointlessly decrease security.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: