Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:35:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Been Pissing me off lately, anyone else?  (Read 1728 times)
NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 01:55:26 AM

I agree with haploid23. Generally I think the forum policies are pretty good. And I understand that bumping or even crapcoin giveaways are not allowed. I can agree someone giving away 1 LTC to each person shouldn't be allowed either because of the rules, but a 30 day ban seems a bit drastic. A warning would have been sufficient imo.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 04:06:09 AM

Well I mean like I've seen tons of posts before with sketchy links and it's like >.o come on. Then everyone else calls it spyware or something to steal your wallet.
If you don't report how can you complain about it? If you see any thing which is against the guidelines, report it and quit complaining. The thing is the moderators can't act on something if they don't know about it.

BiPolarBob GOT A 30 DAY BAN because he was giving away LTC in a "giveaway not allowed section" OK
Even, though "BiPolarBob" was doing a great thing, he still broke one of the rules which is quite clear and precise. Being the greatest user on the forum which has donated hundreds of dollars doesn't make the exempt from the rules. It's like saying someone donated millions to charity but, then stole from a old lady should not be put in prison. (Of course it could be anyone not just a old lady I did that because people react more severely too more vulnerable people for some silly reason)

Quote from: Jaaawsh
YOU DON'T FUCKING LET THERE BE GIVEAWAYS BUT THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS SCAMMED DAILY ON HERE IS OKAY USERS NEVER GET BANNED FOR THAT!?
I fully support why the staff don't ban scammers, people need to stop relying on others and use your own initiative and intelligence.

Note: It's not that I'm against "BiPolarBob" he actually did a really nice thing for me and Arklan, but that doesn't change the fact a rule was broken.

The funny thing about this is you probably don't report yourself and because you are a hero member you thought your opinion counts more than anyone else...just a bipolarbob hater thats all you are the OP has a good point. he should not be banned as he has been giving away $$$$$ and not asking anything for return.

He reports quite often actually, pretty good reports too.

Giveaways are fine, asking people to spam threads for it is not.

If you disagree with the rules, fine, make your own forum and you'll figure out why we do things the way we do eventually. But if you're going to post here you still need to follow them.

Malware gets removed when we see it, but we won't see it if it isn't reported.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: