Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:31:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Been Pissing me off lately, anyone else?  (Read 1725 times)
Jaaawsh (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Check out Fastslots.co !!!!

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:17:50 PM

So the forums have really been pissing me off just like over this past week.
1st. BiPolarBob GOT A 30 DAY BAN because he was giving away LTC in a "giveaway not allowed section" OK

YOU DON'T FUCKING LET THERE BE GIVEAWAYS BUT THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS SCAMMED DAILY ON HERE IS OKAY USERS NEVER GET BANNED FOR THAT!?

2. My posts keep getting deleted because I bump a little too early, even though my post is all the way at the bottom of the page and it has been quite a while.

I swear, did the people who made the rules on the forum say "Okay guys, we have to make the most stupid rules possible, and enforce them."
"Oh but what about scammers?"
"Oh no rules against that, if you can steal someone's money that's great, but giving money away and posting too often is HORRIBLE."

That is honestly how I feel. The second thing's not really a big deal, but the first thing is fucking ridiculous.

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Testing123

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:42:49 PM

In the past, theymos gave scammer tags to the scammers, but he wanted to replaced it with our current trust system.
So, mods won't investigate those scams now or ban the scammers.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:54:14 PM

Where did he post?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:55:57 PM

I don't really bump threads, but the day the cudaminer thread hit 900 pages, I noted it with a post saying something about the occasion. It was deleted within 3 minutes. Had no idea why, and even asked in the thread. No one really knew why. Seeing this gives me an idea, but, SERIOUSLY?!
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2068

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:58:15 PM

Where did he post?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=751390

I like BipolarBob but rules about giveaways are clear. Giveaway threads are not allowed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jaaawsh (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:14:42 PM

I don't really bump threads, but the day the cudaminer thread hit 900 pages, I noted it with a post saying something about the occasion. It was deleted within 3 minutes. Had no idea why, and even asked in the thread. No one really knew why. Seeing this gives me an idea, but, SERIOUSLY?!

Thats the kind of stuff I'm talking about that gets deleted. It's like wtf?

Having this new trust system, doesn't in my opinion, give them a right to not get rid of scammers. I mean I've even see users who post links to malware and they don't get banned or removed. It's like really??

And BiPolarBob deserves a rule bend. If you know him you know that what I say is true.

Rules may be "clear" but they're bullshit rules.

Jaaawsh (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:16:47 PM

And like someone else said before, that rule was probably made so that people don't make threads to give out .000001 LTC and block everything up. Bob made one thread, and it was for a whole Litecoin! He actually sent me 20, but it was to a wallet that ended up stealing my money but that's a whole other story.

EFS
Staff
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:19:06 PM

I mean I've even see users who post links to malware and they don't get banned or removed. It's like really??

That's impossible. Have you reported them? Moderators deal with malware etc. fastest way possible.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:20:56 PM

How do you know he was banned for 30 days?
Jaaawsh (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:23:58 PM

I mean I've even see users who post links to malware and they don't get banned or removed. It's like really??

That's impossible. Have you reported them? Moderators deal with malware etc. fastest way possible.

Well I mean like I've seen tons of posts before with sketchy links and it's like >.o come on. Then everyone else calls it spyware or something to steal your wallet.

Jaaawsh (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:24:42 PM

Someone else was talking about it on a thread about BiPolarBob in the services(?) section I think.

EFS
Staff
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:26:57 PM

Well I mean like I've seen tons of posts before with sketchy links and it's like >.o come on. Then everyone else calls it spyware or something to steal your wallet.

Have you reported or not?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 05:36:11 PM

Because BiPolarBob told me. I have been talking with him since the start and all he has to say about this ban is: "oh well, at least some people got free ltc". Rules are rules and we have to accept them.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:36:30 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 05:53:19 PM by Welsh

If you don't report how can you complain about it? If you see any thing which is against the guidelines, report it and quit complaining. The thing is the moderators can't act on something if they don't know about it.

BiPolarBob GOT A 30 DAY BAN because he was giving away LTC in a "giveaway not allowed section" OK
Even, though "BiPolarBob" was doing a great thing, he still broke one of the rules which is quite clear and precise. Being the greatest user on the forum which has donated hundreds of dollars doesn't make the exempt from the rules. It's like saying someone donated millions to charity but, then stole from a old lady should not be put in prison. (Of course it could be anyone not just a old lady I did that because people react more severely too more vulnerable people for some silly reason)

Quote from: Jaaawsh
YOU DON'T FUCKING LET THERE BE GIVEAWAYS BUT THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS SCAMMED DAILY ON HERE IS OKAY USERS NEVER GET BANNED FOR THAT!?
I fully support why the staff don't ban scammers, people need to stop relying on others and use your own initiative and intelligence.

Note: It's not that I'm against "BiPolarBob" he actually did a really nice thing for me and Arklan, but that doesn't change the fact a rule was broken.

2. My posts keep getting deleted because I bump a little too early, even though my post is all the way at the bottom of the page and it has been quite a while.
I'm sorry. Bumping multiple times within a 24 hours period is against the guidelines. No matter where your thread is, 1st page or the 21st. It doesn't matter.

Jaaawsh (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:38:42 PM

If you don't report how can you complain about it? Even, though "BiPolarBob" was doing a great thing, he still broke one of the rules which is quite clear and precise. Being the greatest user on the forum which has donated hundreds of dollars doesn't make the exempt from the rules. It's like saying someone donated millions to charity but, then stole from a old lady should not be put in prison.

If you see any thing which is against the guidelines, report it and quite complaining. The thing is the moderators can't act on something if they don't know about it.

Soooooooo stealing from an old lady= giving away thousands of dollars? Because it's more than hundreds :p trust me.

Bitcoininformation tell Bob Jaaawsh still loves him <3 and is supporting him

RaheemRaj

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:56:37 PM

If you don't report how can you complain about it? If you see any thing which is against the guidelines, report it and quit complaining. The thing is the moderators can't act on something if they don't know about it.

BiPolarBob GOT A 30 DAY BAN because he was giving away LTC in a "giveaway not allowed section" OK
Even, though "BiPolarBob" was doing a great thing, he still broke one of the rules which is quite clear and precise. Being the greatest user on the forum which has donated hundreds of dollars doesn't make the exempt from the rules. It's like saying someone donated millions to charity but, then stole from a old lady should not be put in prison. (Of course it could be anyone not just a old lady I did that because people react more severely too more vulnerable people for some silly reason)

Quote from: Jaaawsh
I fully support why the staff don't ban scammers, people need to stop relying on others and use your own initiative and intelligence.

Note: It's not that I'm against "BiPolarBob" he actually did a really nice thing for me and Arklan, but that doesn't change the fact a rule was broken.

The funny thing about this is you probably don't report yourself and because you are a hero member you thought your opinion counts more than anyone else...just a bipolarbob hater thats all you are the OP has a good point. he should not be banned as he has been giving away $$$$$ and not asking anything for return.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:46:12 PM

1st. BiPolarBob GOT A 30 DAY BAN because he was giving away LTC in a "giveaway not allowed section" OK

I swear, did the people who made the rules on the forum say "Okay guys, we have to make the most stupid rules possible, and enforce them."
"Oh but what about scammers?"
"Oh no rules against that, if you can steal someone's money that's great, but giving money away and posting too often is HORRIBLE."

That is honestly how I feel. The second thing's not really a big deal, but the first thing is fucking ridiculous.

If you don't like the rules why not start your own forum?

~BCX~
DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 06:51:06 PM

Well it's more about people spamming their addresses with nothing on top in their posts, it's ALOT of spam.
And  it's on the community to mark the scammers, that's why trust system was added.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 07:20:14 PM

30 days is a bit harsh for the temp ban. At the very least, give the guy a warning first, that if he does it again then it's a 30-day ban. I'm pretty sure he wasn't aware of the rule before opening that giveaway thread. I myself was not aware of this forum policy until now. When I registered in 2011, I believe this rule was not in place at the time. You can't expect everyone to constantly check new official rules just in case more gets added or old ones get changed.

That's why in this case, at least give the dude a fair warning before hastily throwing the ban hammer. Or at least use some personal judgement on the guy's intention rather than mechanically go by the book.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:44:26 AM

Funny you mention that, because right after the first time I deleted your post, you bumped the post again. Then after the second time I deleted your post and explained to you why, you created another thread, probably in hopes of bypassing the 24 hour bump restriction. Also, your bump was within 12 hours of your last post, which isn't exactly a "little too early".

edit:

giveaways are not allowed because they clutter up the forum with useless posts. scammers are not banned by staff because it's trivial to get a new account and the trust system allows anyone to post their accusations.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: