Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:31:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UNITY Crypto Currency Coming SOON  (Read 3217 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:50:04 PM

Silly mindset. Since the coin isn't released yet, and if on the level, any sane dev would simply change the name of the coin. You can pick something similar, yet not exactly the same.
WE Are UNITY CRYPTO CURRENCY

Change to UNITED CRYPTO CURRENCY, similar enough. Although perhaps still too similar to Unity, now that I think of it. I am sure you could come up with a decent sounding name that wouldn't confuse people.

Keeping Unity would do more harm than good, assuming you guys are on the level. Otherwise expect a similar reaction that Ethereum256 devs got.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:51:42 PM

Is this anyhow connected with jl777 project? I'm thinking of investing a little in it.
No connection at all.
In fact I was not even contacted about this.
It seems to be an attempt to gain from the SuperNET publicity and shows a low level of ethics to steal the UNITY name, which is clearly established by SuperNET's usage

So, invest at your own risk. I estimate chances this is a scam at 99%+

James

In deference to my teammate we are not giving up the Name UNITY Crypto Currency to anyone.

Well we will have to have some team meetings about this, and James we appreciate your offer to review our coin and plans and we may take you up on this.  But please realize that we have worked on our concept for UNITY Crypto Currency for months and when you announced your Supernet/Unity  it infringed on our plans and planned name. We dont need to consult you or get your permission to Use the Generic Word UNITY Just as you did not from the former Unity coins that have launched nor us.   We are NOT SUPERNET/unity   We ARE UNITY CRYPTO CURRENCY  and we may change our trading symbol to UCC or something other .  But just because we had to accelerate our pre ANN after you decided to use our name does not mean we are the scam.  WE Are UNITY CRYPTO CURRENCY  Our Concept and opportunity for the crypto community is different from yours so please dont feel threatened.  and We Are Launching when we are ready to do so without permission from anyone .    UNITY CRYPTO CURRENCY Get Used To It.    Made in The USA  and will be Traded In The USA  not CHINA .

I wonder why you mention China and why your english is that bad if you're an american.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 10:05:31 PM

You guys are being absolutely ridiculous if you think such a common name as unity is taken and there can be only one and so on. I mean supernet will be using TOKEN as a symbol too and nobody cares. Or you expect devs to know all the coins ever created and use names like coin#45465?

"steal the UNITY name"

What pills are you taking?

Not your keys, not your coins!
UNITYCoinTeam (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 11:16:55 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2014, 11:28:38 PM by UNITYCoinTeam

Edited
poornamelessme

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 12:16:19 AM

Maybe it's just me, but it reads slightly xenophobic to keep mentioning that 'Made in the USA, traded in the US... Made by Americans' bit.

This isn't a handcrafted item made by artisans, instead of an assembly line from China. I don't see how it matters that the core team here are Americans.
yyweilai

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:13:03 PM

dev, the official launch time, set the countdown, thank you!
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:26:44 PM

Actually. We did not know someone else already had the unity name.  Our coin has a solid plan and we will be happy to change our name to something else. The team is going to put this on hold and work out a new and different name.
You dont have to scream scam every time there is a discrepancy.  Also....  We have not launched anything yet. Due to our slow and meticulous launch process this has given us other things to think about. We have submitted ideas to exchanges and escrow services and we are waiting on their feedback on our idea before we move to the public part of the release. Unlike most coins on the market we are working and TAKING OUR TIME to release this coin. If everything is not perfect and the research comes back bad we have time to make adjustments before we get beat up by all the fudders in the community.
Things will have to be changed. We understand that. Have some patience and we will bring something good to the table. Sorry for any problems we have not actually caused. It may be a couple weeks before we are totally up and running but we promise to bring you something good and something the crypto community will be proud to invest into. if you have any ideas for a new coin please take some time to find me on IRC.

Thanks
                                                                                                 InsertNameHere

You have no plan.

This is a shitcoin.

Get lost.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:29:00 PM

So are you guys just complaining for the sake of complaining?   If we need to change the name the so be it.  Has anything launched yet. NO!  we just put up the ANN thread. So far our plan is out with the exchanges and escrow service developers to see if our coin is a sustainable and viable idea. We are not rushing out to release this coin.

Roadmap BEFORE launch.

1. Bring a rough proposal to exchange owners and escrow service owners to get some viable input.

2. Accept input from devs/owners and change our plan as needed.

3. Bring our revised proposal to developers and well known members of the crypto community for final review

4. After final review we will start coding the coin/wallets and run all testing.

5. Release the full ANN document with specs and start advertising.

As i already said. We are NOT releasing some crap coin.  This is lots of long and thought out work. The team absolutely sick of all these shit coins on the markets and we plan on bringing a solid and sustainable coin with lots of future growth potential.

Well at this point you don't even have anything to release.  You obviously just wanted to make an ANN so you could use the Unity name.  If this is lots of long and thought out work then why isn't anything done.  

You suck.  Scammer
nightwishx

Activity: 900
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 02:53:40 PM

details?

poornamelessme

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:35:55 PM

Well at this point you don't even have anything to release.  You obviously just wanted to make an ANN so you could use the Unity name.  If this is lots of long and thought out work then why isn't anything done.  

You suck.  Scammer

The somewhat amusing thing is in their announcement they state, 'Under development for Months'. Yet they can't provide any details at all regarding their crypto, besides a name.

Of course the purpose of stating they were in development for months is so they could claim it was their idea before Unity/Token was released.

It's like a dev stating: Ethereum256, in development for 1 year! Disregard any other Ethereums, as we were the first.

It's nonsense.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: