Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:10:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This forum really has become sick.  (Read 1007 times)
rabbiter (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:19:50 PM

I get that there are scammers, I get that we all to some extent are all selfish and like to pump our own individual coins, we talk our book, ok no problems.

But recently I realised people actually don't care about a coin being a scam if they think they can make some coin. It defies logic, a kind of crazed wilful inability to care about the truth.

I found enough stuff that links a bunch of well known scammers with Crypti. They haven't released their BTC to the developers yet from the Escrow, they literally have the chance to get their money back. So I suggested they humor me and ask the developers to releases a quarter of the source code, no one can code a coin from a quarter and they planned to do this anyway soonish. So far not one person has asked the developer and the developer has ignored my post.

Everyone could be covered, the coin could prove it's legit without losing to any clones, the price would go up and the community could be confident that they have what the developer says and can feel ok about releasing their money by escrow.

If they decide not to ask then I can only conclude people actually want to lie to themselves, they don't want to know if a coin is a scam. Maybe that will make money but surely investing in long term actual coins is far better than knowing your coin is a big lie??

Has crypto got that sick? Ie they not only don't care about fundamentals they don't even care if it's real?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bizzyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001

Don't look at my signature!

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 01:29:16 PM

I get that there are scammers, I get that we all to some extent are all selfish and like to pump our own individual coins, we talk our book, ok no problems.

But recently I realised people actually don't care about a coin being a scam if they think they can make some coin. It defies logic, a kind of crazed wilful inability to care about the truth.

I found enough stuff that links a bunch of well known scammers with Crypti. They haven't released their BTC to the developers yet from the Escrow, they literally have the chance to get their money back. So I suggested they humor me and ask the developers to releases a quarter of the source code, no one can code a coin from a quarter and they planned to do this anyway soonish. So far not one person has asked the developer and the developer has ignored my post.

Everyone could be covered, the coin could prove it's legit without losing to any clones, the price would go up and the community could be confident that they have what the developer says and can feel ok about releasing their money by escrow.

If they decide not to ask then I can only conclude people actually want to lie to themselves, they don't want to know if a coin is a scam. Maybe that will make money but surely investing in long term actual coins is far better than knowing your coin is a big lie??

Has crypto got that sick? Ie they not only don't care about fundamentals they don't even care if it's real?
Just a reflection of a tiny tranche of society?
I think a lot of it has to do with a sense of feeling that it's "just not fair I wasn't involved with Bitcoin in 2009" & an attempt to create that illusion for themselves...
It's pretty sad, however, just watch the news for even less cheerful stuff...
That said...

Aren't boobs great...I mean...they're just hypnotising aren't they....

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░███▀░░░░░░▀███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░██░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░█████░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ░░░████░░░░░░░████
░░███░██░░░░░██░███
░░██░░░███░███░░░██
░░██░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████████████████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░░░░░
░░░░░██░░░░░░
░░░░████░░░░░▐█
░░░░█████░░░░███
░░░░░█████░░████
░░█░░░█████░████
░██░░░██████████
████░████░█████
█████████░░███
███████░░░██
░░▀████░░░█▀
░░░░░
   ░██████████████████▀██████░
█████████░░██████▀████████
█████████░░███▀▄████████
███████░░██░░▄██░░███████
██████▌░░░██▄▄██░░░▐██████
██████░░░░░█████░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░███░░░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░█████
████░░░████▌░░░▐████░░░████
████░░░█████▌▐█████░░░████
███░░░███████████████░░░███
███░░░███████████████░░░███
░█████████████████████████░
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:41:18 PM

Just a reflection of a tiny tranche of society?
I think a lot of it has to do with a sense of feeling that it's "just not fair I wasn't involved with Bitcoin in 2009" & an attempt to create that illusion for themselves...
It's pretty sad, however, just watch the news for even less cheerful stuff...
That said...

Aren't boobs great...I mean...they're just hypnotising aren't they....

Hahahahaha I agree boobs are nice.

But surely investing in real coins is going to be better for the person that closing g their eyes and hoping for the best. It's not like I am having an Epiphany, I just thought some people might believe what they invest in. Seems like some don't want to know and will even lose their money. i believe in altcoins and the race to make something better than Bitcoin and then investing in it. People have lost touch with reality for sure. Oh well.

Moar Boobs.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:17:38 PM

I recently mentioned doing a coin on an alt noob account.  Within 24 hours I had private messages offering cookie cutter to custom graphics, blockchain explorer, website services, wallet design, etc.  All priced quite reasonably  Roll Eyes
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:30:37 PM

if you bought into closed source, well too bad, too sad. Additional risk for you.

People want to believe the lies? Some maybe.

What most people really believe though is that they can find that greater fool to sell to, so no questions asked and everybody who does so is a "fudder". They are looking for their exit on a coin they plan on holding only for days. They think it's ok to buy into scams for making a quick buck.
Why the same people don't pump and dump a legit coin is out of my reach though.

I recently mentioned doing a coin on an alt noob account.  Within 24 hours I had private messages offering cookie cutter to custom graphics, blockchain explorer, website services, wallet design, etc.  All priced quite reasonably  Roll Eyes

wow! Just wow!

Ie they not only don't care about fundamentals they don't even care if it's real?

promises is still the hottest thing in town. 26k btc was paid for the last promise for delivering a world-changing platform (later ... maybe)
1500 btc was dumped into syscoin before the first block was mined.

Wanna make real cash? Dream up some fancy world-changing stuff and hire 5 megalomaniacs for you that talk it up from the pre-ann. Then make presale or ipo. Still the best to sell pure dreams and promises around here.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:33:57 PM

if you bought into closed source, well too bad, too sad. Additional risk for you.

People want to believe the lies? Some maybe.

What most people really believe though is that they can find that greater fool to sell to, so no questions asked and everybody who does so is a "fudder". They are looking for their exit on a coin they plan on holding only for days. They think it's ok to buy into scams for making a quick buck.
Why the same people don't pump and dump a legit coin is out of my reach though.

I unashamedly am into Qora, a really great developer, anyone who follows it knows that. Zero hype, just a great coin with potential to actually be used. No one gives a crap about it cause the price is not pumped and hyped. It's moronic. It's almost like if a coin is doing well price wise it's actually junk.
V500

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:41:28 PM

I unashamedly am into Qora, a really great developer, anyone who follows it knows that. Zero hype, just a great coin with potential to actually be used. No one gives a crap about it cause the price is not pumped and hyped. It's moronic. It's almost like if a coin is doing well price wise it's actually junk.

I hear you brother. Come by at unobtanium-community. Same story there. Not hyped. Honest product. Active community and dev (almost for 1 year now). Price stable. and so on and so forth. It has everything you want in a coin but still the latest shitcoin that has zero value in 8 weeks has the monster volume today. lol. This shit is crazy.

i believe though, that this is a sign of an ending bearmarket. And once bullmarket kicks in full on shitcoins are at risk of getting dumped (during the bull) and the real coins get steam again when the real whales come back to town. It's only the kids playing right now.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
barkeres

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 02:50:39 PM

yeah, fuck Chinese, fuck scammer Lips sealed
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:38:14 PM

I posted this in another thread:

I have been asking myself the same question lately and I came to the conclusion that cryptos still have a long way to go. Cryptos are suppose to fight against the current establishment but it seems cryptos mostly fight against each other, scamming people,  putting down others for their ideas. Projects that are closed source,  cryptos starting companies and then hide behind poor excuses of "we don't want people to steal our ideas", "businesses want to deal with a company ". Now if Google came out with a closed source crypto those same people would be calling it a joke and every one here would be calling it a scam.

Cryptos talk about helping people.  How?  From what I have seen so far is that if you have money to buy into IPO's,  calls for participation or mining equipment then cryptos are for you. How does this help people in third world countries? It looks the same system that we have now, those that have money get more while those that don't get left behind. If crypto devs really cared they would either fund their own projects or ask for donations with no promise of return. Look at most coin threads and most of the talk is about the price of the coin, "my coin went up to. 00005, heading to da moon!", sorry but until average joe uses your coin to buy fuel, clothes etc then your coin is worthless.

To the devs with huge egos the same goes to you, until your world changing creation actually does, lose the attitude the only people you are impressing are the sheep.
spacehopper

Activity: 121

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:53:14 PM

I have been asking myself the same question lately and I came to the conclusion that cryptos still have a long way to go. Cryptos are suppose to fight against the current establishment but it seems cryptos mostly fight against each other, scamming people,  putting down others for their ideas. Projects that are closed source,  cryptos starting companies and then hide behind poor excuses of "we don't want people to steal our ideas", "businesses want to deal with a company ". Now if Google came out with a closed source crypto those same people would be calling it a joke and every one here would be calling it a scam.

Cryptos talk about helping people.  How?  From what I have seen so far is that if you have money to buy into IPO's,  calls for participation or mining equipment then cryptos are for you. How does this help people in third world countries? It looks the same system that we have now, those that have money get more while those that don't get left behind. If crypto devs really cared they would either fund their own projects or ask for donations with no promise of return. Look at most coin threads and most of the talk is about the price of the coin, "my coin went up to. 00005, heading to da moon!", sorry but until average joe uses your coin to buy fuel, clothes etc then your coin is worthless.

To the devs with huge egos the same goes to you, until your world changing creation actually does, lose the attitude the only people you are impressing are the sheep.

In my opinion most people buy crypto coins because they want to sell them for a lot more than they paid for them. When they make a profit, the coin they sold may continue going up in value, or drop in value. You can call someone sick for dumping some coins due to crash in value on a chump, but what happens when those same coins unexpectedly shoot up in value, who is the chump then?

rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 03:57:55 PM

In my opinion most people buy crypto coins because they want to sell them for a lot more than they paid for them. When they make a profit, the coin they sold may continue going up in value, or drop in value. You can call someone sick for dumping some coins due to crash in value on a chump, but what happens when those same coins unexpectedly shoot up in value, who is the chump then?

Bit once you know a coin is not legit and lying how long will it be before the dump comes. easy to get caught in the rush for the exits.
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:56:46 PM

launched investors-protection service:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=758959.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: