Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:39:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GEMZ] GetGems - Social Messaging App That Pays - Live on Android, iOS, Web  (Read 597125 times)
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 10:48:58 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 11:00:59 AM by reRaise

Chill out guys,

I want to know this, will there be a paykey for bitcoin? I know the current app supports both and that should stay like that because you will get bitcoiners into the gems network aswell. One reason you would want to use getgems app is because it has bitcoin integrated, making a seperate paykey for bitcoin shouldnt be done.

One thing im happy about is daniel mentioning last month alone more than 10,000+ users joined the GetGems ecosystem and are now telling others.

This must have been more for iOS because the Android download count is between 5 and 10k. I would like to know the total amount of downloads. For me download count is the most important, if we reach 100k users then we are pretty much the second biggest crypto network and this opend good possibilities for marketing.

If last month really 10k users joined getgems than i think we will reach 100k soon enough.

Guys if paykey helps to raise the download counts even more wouldnt that be great?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 11:06:22 AM

Some are defending Paykey for Banks here for no logical reason except trying to protect the current gemz price which is totally irrelevant. The argument is simple. Paykey for banks will destroy any other version.

Regarding this purchase agreement section ( you will have to go deep to find it). I have a few more questions.
 "Risk of Alternative Distributed Instant Messaging Software Application.
Following the Pre-Sale it is possible that alternative distributed instant messaging mobile software applications could be established. These alternate distributed instant messaging software applications may or may not utilize the same open source code and open source protocol underlying the Gems Mobile Application. The Gems Mobile Application may compete with these alternative distributed instant messaging software applications, and this could negatively impact the development of the Gems Mobile Application and/or the success and viability of the Gems Mobile Application, resulting in little or no value for credits to purchase Services on the Gems Mobile Application."

Did getgems have the idea of Paykey before the crowdsale.? If not when was the Paykey project started
Did MagmaVC know about it?
Will MagmaVC get a share of future Paykey revenue?
When was the patent filed for Paykey

Do you agree that Paykey for Banks could negatively impact the development of the Gems Mobile Application and/or the success and viability of the Gems Mobile Application, resulting in little or no value for credits to purchase Services on the Gems Mobile Application.Huh
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:46:25 PM

Look at what happens when people use funds meant for one thing for something else.

'Misappropriation of funds'

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34876448
Jeef Berky

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 03:58:38 PM

Look at what happens when people use funds meant for one thing for something else.

Look, the bottom line is this.....

If Paykey is going to use only Gemz for it's attention economy (same exact model as GG app in other words), then it will hugely benefit Gemz. If that's the case, then none of us have anything to be upset about.

Is that the case?
fragout
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:28:32 PM

If Paykey is going to use only Gemz for it's attention economy (same exact model as GG app in other words), then it will hugely benefit Gemz. If that's the case, then none of us have anything to be upset about.

Is that the case?

You need to clearer with your question as you will get the Paykey for gems generic answer. He means ALL paykey versions Daniel.

Also your purchase agreement might not be as rock solid as you believe - The area of initial crowdsale is still in the legal gray area, with companies calling it a prepayment for unreleased software as opposed to shares in a company. How the legal definition holds up is hard to predict. Coinfire reported that several companies in the Bitcoin 2.0 space were sent investigative letters from the SEC.
yoyoamigo

Activity: 622
Merit: 504

Your only Amigo, in the World of Crypto

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 04:29:34 PM

Is that the case?

no. apparently, it seems there are a number of possible case scenarios that goes "if its like this, its going to be like that" and "if its going to be like this, it has to be like that" and so on. Because...the picture all of us are getting (those who support, those who are against, those who are neutral) is still somewhat vague to a certain or to some extent.

At this point, it is no longer wise to discuss or to debate or to even ask to find out more. Even reading the last 10-20 pages of this thread can be quite a headache, particularly for those who haven't been following. so my advice is...just wait it out till end of nov 2015 and we all may probably see some PayKey.

My best description of this entire fiasco - Everything is in the Grey Area. So next best advice is - Don't put all your eggs into one basket. One of the principles of every good investor. Next advice, which is a new one, is this - for every coin you invest, once it goes tradable on any exchange, try to get back capital, just in case. Afterall, we are still in the 'Wild Wild West' in this cryptocurrency world.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

fragout
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:36:38 PM

Is that the case?

no. apparently, it seems there are a number of possible case scenarios that goes "if its like this, its going to be like that" and "if its going to be like this, it has to be like that" and so on. Because...the picture all of us are getting (those who support, those who are against, those who are neutral) is still somewhat vague to a certain or to some extent.

At this point, it is no longer wise to discuss or to debate or to even ask to find out more. Even reading the last 10-20 pages of this thread can be quite a headache, particularly for those who haven't been following. so my advice is...just wait it out till end of nov 2015 and we all may probably see some PayKey.

My best description of this entire fiasco - Everything is in the Grey Area.

Im ok with saying no more until the questions I/we asked already are answered clearly. As for Paykey for getgems due at the end of the month, it will be noting more than a beta test for the killer app which is Paykey with fiat
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:42:44 PM

Is that the case?

You need to clearer with your question as you will get the Paykey for gems generic answer. He means ALL paykey versions Daniel.

Also your purchase agreement might not be as rock solid as you believe - The area of initial crowdsale is still in the legal gray area, with companies calling it a prepayment for unreleased software as opposed to shares in a company. How the legal definition holds up is hard to predict. Coinfire reported that several companies in the Bitcoin 2.0 space were sent investigative letters from the SEC.

I'm sure a case could be brought if anything on the idea that gems would power the companies vision, when now it has taken a back seat. If you look at how Daniel himself describes it is his second post. He uses the words Stakeholders......that's a a pretty clear case of share in the general success of getgems the company. And has describes gems as central to powering the vision of getgems. If the fiat app gains traction as I expect it will far and above the getgems or Bitcoin version for Gemz not to play a part in that speaks to me of not following through with promises made in regard our getgems 'stake'.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 04:57:18 PM

Is that the case?

My best description of this entire fiasco - Everything is in the Grey Area.

Im ok with saying no more until the questions I/we asked already are answered clearly. As for Paykey for getgems due at the end of the month, it will be noting more than a beta test for the killer app which is Paykey with fiat

One thing I believe we can bet on. Daniel and the team will only give very prepared cut and paste answers to questions, there will be no open and honest recognising of what he has done and recognising why we are upset. He knows he has dropped Gemz investors and he knows his personal revenue stream will come from Paykey with fiat white label. I don't expect him to be a man and admit anything AT ALL.

whatever getgems Paykey achieves without the main Paykey fiat app will be piecemeal. You can also be sure of that.

My only advice and direction is hold onto your info regarding the crowd sale and if and when Paykey starts making real money from our initial funding we organise a serious legal attempt as a community. I think when we see Daniel sucking up praise in the media and we have nothing to show for it, I'm pretty sure crowsale investors will be looking to organise a legal case.

I don't believe Daniel has any intention to change the course of his decisions as they would risk his profit. if this thread gets shut down we can start another one.

*I have starting go to read through Damiels posts, what he says simply doesn't connect with what he is doing now. he constant suggests features and directions. Will depend on the community voting for them? Suggesting the community is empowered and share the benefit etc? Almost laughable now.

But I would like to make one last pitch to show what getgems has become now. I suggest Daniel allows a vote for whether the community wants to have all currencies in one app, fiat, btc and Gemz together. Let's see how all his community sharing and ownership principles are now he has sold out our investments to the banks.

nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:08:52 PM

Here's my community vote:

I vote fiat, Gemz and Bitcoin are kept in one app version and the tech is not white labelled out to the banks.

I encourage you to vote here too, no newbie accounts.
fragout
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 05:21:11 PM

I vote fiat, Gemz and Bitcoin are kept in one app version and the tech is not white labelled out to the banks.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:10:15 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 06:24:40 PM by peled1986

PEOPLE. ALL HE HAS TO DO TO REDEEM IS ADD GEMZ AND BITCOIN AS A HIDDEN OPTION FOR PAYMENT IN A FIAT VERSION? HE WONT CAUSE HE SOLD OUT TO THE BANKS.

"Hidden" bitcoin/gems payment option in the banks app? you're more delusional than I thought.
Banks won't add bitcoin or gems to their proprietary branded app.
I do think that in the future they will use blockchain technology to transfer value, settlements and more.
(some examples p14-15: http://santanderinnoventures.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/The-Fintech-2-0-Paper.pdf)

It's good you're not the CEO.

karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:48:38 PM

Daniel,

does getgems the company still push getgems the app as a priority. Is it becoming a side project?

Could you give us a bit more information about your roadmap in this regard?

We supporters and beta testers would love to get a clearer picture where we are heading.

thanks,
Karmala

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
fragout
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 06:51:15 PM

PEOPLE. ALL HE HAS TO DO TO REDEEM IS ADD GEMZ AND BITCOIN AS A HIDDEN OPTION FOR PAYMENT IN A FIAT VERSION? HE WONT CAUSE HE SOLD OUT TO THE BANKS.

"Hidden" bitcoin/gems payment option in the banks app? you're more delusional than I thought.
I do think that in the future they will use blockchain technology to transfer value, settlements and more.
(some examples p14-15: http://santanderinnoventures.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/The-Fintech-2-0-Paper.pdf)

So thats it ? you take the time to post a smart comment and ignore all the previous questions? and log off again.
You are beginning to show your true colours.
And you would be the CEO of fuck all if it wasnt for our investment - Even magma came on board when they saw the support that was coming in from investors
btw the vote thing was designed I would guess to provoke a response from you - wp
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:08:18 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2015, 09:58:21 PM by reRaise

Fragout, Nextgencoin, and 1,2 others are trying to push an agenda here. I encourage not to fall for this. These guys have probabaly sold and are trying to push the price down.

No holder in his right mind goes in public trying to make a bad name out of the project he currently is invested in.

The more the price goes down the more these guys get active in pushing their circus act, until they have bought.

Nextgencoin was pushing Vanillacoin as the next big thing in this forum, he just like now being so sure in his critics was very sure about Vanillacoin going to be huge. His prediction failed so hard and Vanillacoin is pretty much dead now. I encourage GetGems supporters not to fall for these fud attempts, these guys love to see the price go down atm.

mrvegad decided to shit on everyone and deleted the whole general discussion with around 70 members in the getgems app and kicked out everyone, probabaly after also selling where Daniel had to make a new one inviting people again.

If you are still holding and no single positive thing comes out of your mouth about the project you are invested in you must be very stupid, i believe these guys sold already and can only gain from this shitstorm.

Think about it, would you type essays of criticism and negativity about a project you are currently invested? These guys or just want to bring the price down or just sold and want to see GG fail. Excuses like its from principle reason are all bs.
peled1986 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 07:34:48 PM

Daniel,
does getgems the company still push getgems the app as a priority. Is it becoming a side project?
We supporters and beta testers would love to get a clearer picture where we are heading.
thanks,
Karmala

Its not a side project - we're very much dedicated to the success of the GetGems app and AE.

Fragout, Nextgencoin, VeritasBS and 1,2 others are trying to push an agenda here.  I encourage not to fall for this.

Agreed.
fragout
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:01:22 PM

I cant speak for the others but there is no agenda except trying to protect my investment. I have won and lost on these before, but i had great hopes for this one and to me it looks like we are being shafted. I really hope i am wrong, but I cant figure out how some here see no problem with the banks getting access to Paykey and the effect that will have on the other paykey apps. Think long term and the big picture.
karmala

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:02:26 PM

Daniel,
thanks,
Karmala

Its not a side project - we're very much dedicated to the success of the GetGems app and AE.

Fragout, Nextgencoin, VeritasBS and 1,2 others are trying to push an agenda here.  I encourage not to fall for this.

Agreed.

Thanks for your reply. Personally, I take the risk of staying financially involved here and think that the probability of success has increased as well as the risk (quite natural). Thats how those things are going. Dump your coins or mature. Base your decision on the information available (which is admidatly scarce) and pull it through. Dont cry afterwards. Go gemz!

edit: I suggest a community manager who is more present to answer questions, increase awareness and does "nice" pr Wink

Karmala

karmala

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:04:37 PM

I cant speak for the others but there is no agenda except trying to protect my investment. I have won and lost on these before, but i had great hopes for this one and to me it looks like we are being shafted. I really hope i am wrong, but I cant figure out how some here see no problem with the banks getting access to Paykey and the effect that will have on the other paykey apps. Think long term and the big picture.

man, gg is about the attention economy and we need more users. It did not grow as much as we hoped. The publicity of this thing helps. Maybe not everybody wants to connect their bank account... Maybe not everybody in the world has one....

kj15

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2015, 08:26:14 PM

Daniel, it depends on the perspective you are looking at. It has become clear that you are only looking at it from your fcking personal perspective. From the community perspective the suggestion would be optimal: I vote fiat, Gemz and Bitcoin are kept in one app version and the tech is not white labelled out to the banks

There has been serious, well justified, claims and discussion on the credibility of GetGems project.

And this is all that the CEO has to say. This is not only disappointing, but very disgusting.

Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 282 »
  Print  

Jump to: