Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:54:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwolla User Agreement as it Relates to Virtual Currency Products  (Read 1401 times)
EuSouBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 10:37:46 PM

Dwolla's User Agreement is here
https://www.dwolla.com/tos

In part it reads
"User Conduct

You understand and agree that you will not engage in the following activities:

● Use the Dwolla System without written consent to operate or engage in any business regulated by FinCen, including the money service business;

● Act as a marketplace and/or exchange for virtual currency products without prior written consent;"

I think this is the written consent that Mt Gox has been waiting for but not yet received. Have Camp BX and Intersango received this written consent?

As a non-lawyer, I read the above text only to apply to exchanges and those individuals that are trading using Dwolla are doing so within the requirements of the user agreement. Can anyone else shed some light on this issue and how it's affecting the exchanges that use Dwolla?

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 10:47:20 PM

Yes this is true.

I should probably make a formal announcement but here goes:

Dwolla has officially granted Bitinstant to use their network.

Dear Charlie:

Thank you for your correspondence.

Our previous communication requested information on your security procedures. We were sure to include language that allowed you to continue using the Dwolla system.

High risk marketplaces such as yours pose unique challenges when interfacing with the traditional banking system.  We appreciate your cooperating in working through those with us.

Dwolla formally grants permission for BitInstant to continue using the Dwolla network.

Use of Dwolla is contingent upon maintaining an account in good standing. To maintain an account in good standing, our customers must exhibit responsible use of the Dwolla network and all those networks which are utilized in our network. Dwolla considers bank level reversals totaling more than 1% (one percent) of the volume received  in the trailing 30 banking days through the Dwolla system to be excessive.

Accounts which have excessive returns will remain under close review by Dwolla and our banking partners. These accounts will be subject to a higher likelihood of suspension if those thresholds are exceeded. In the event action is required on our part, or yours, we will reach out directly to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

Sincerely yours,

Dwolla Compliance
(Removed contact info)

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 10:56:19 PM

Charlie,

Thanks for the continued transparency. 
Mt.Gox_Alex

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 01:57:28 AM

Yes this is true.

I should probably make a formal announcement but here goes:

Dwolla has officially granted Bitinstant to use their network.

Dear Charlie:

Thank you for your correspondence.

Our previous communication requested information on your security procedures. We were sure to include language that allowed you to continue using the Dwolla system.

High risk marketplaces such as yours pose unique challenges when interfacing with the traditional banking system.  We appreciate your cooperating in working through those with us.

Dwolla formally grants permission for BitInstant to continue using the Dwolla network.

Use of Dwolla is contingent upon maintaining an account in good standing. To maintain an account in good standing, our customers must exhibit responsible use of the Dwolla network and all those networks which are utilized in our network. Dwolla considers bank level reversals totaling more than 1% (one percent) of the volume received  in the trailing 30 banking days through the Dwolla system to be excessive.

Accounts which have excessive returns will remain under close review by Dwolla and our banking partners. These accounts will be subject to a higher likelihood of suspension if those thresholds are exceeded. In the event action is required on our part, or yours, we will reach out directly to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

Sincerely yours,

Dwolla Compliance
(Removed contact info)

Welcome to the club ;-)... Soon our customers will see some major change!

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions :   Now Available!
EuSouBitcoin (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:08:05 PM

Does anyone know if CampBX and/or Intersango have received written permission to use Dwolla?

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
Keyur @ Camp BX

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 06:31:57 AM

Does anyone know if CampBX and/or Intersango have received written permission to use Dwolla?

Yes, we have received the formal permission from Dwolla compliance after a review of our policies and performance with Dwolla over past 90 days.

Please stay tuned to our news and announcements feeds at:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CampBX
Facebook: https://facebook.com/CampBX
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 07:03:15 AM

Welcome to the club ;-)... Soon our customers will see some major change!
>Welcome to the club ;-)
>the club ;-)
>;-)

International Exchange uses smilies... Yup, I'm out...

Yup, I greentexted...

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: