Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:45:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining revenue x5 after switching to a different mining pool, possible?  (Read 1457 times)
CashWWWeb (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:36:42 AM

Hi guys,

My name is Nick and I'm new to this forum so hi everyone Smiley, and I just want to say the past few months have been pretty exciting while I've been discovering and getting into cryptocurrency mining. It's an awesome thing joining the Bitcoin Revolution Wink.

Anyway, my curiosity lies in my mining stats while testing different mining pools. The past few days I've been mining off and on at Slush's Pool with my new Rockminer R4 which is hashing at about 500 GH/s, and I've earned somewhere around 0.03 BTC.

But just today I started mining over at TripleMining (let me know if you want to join my team! ;]), and already I've earned the same (0.03 BTC) that took nearly 3 days over at Slush's Pool, and I've barely been mining for 12 hours. How is this possible? My rewards aren't confirmed yet but is this at least somewhat accurate or not even close?

If anyone could shed some light on this that would be great! Also any help or advice would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks a lot!

- Nick
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MellisaBTC

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:35:53 AM

Hi guys,

My name is Nick and I'm new to this forum so hi everyone Smiley, and I just want to say the past few months have been pretty exciting while I've been discovering and getting into cryptocurrency mining. It's an awesome thing joining the Bitcoin Revolution Wink.

Anyway, my curiosity lies in my mining stats while testing different mining pools. The past few days I've been mining off and on at Slush's Pool with my new Rockminer R4 which is hashing at about 500 GH/s, and I've earned somewhere around 0.03 BTC.

But just today I started mining over at TripleMining (let me know if you want to join my team! ;]), and already I've earned the same (0.03 BTC) that took nearly 3 days over at Slush's Pool, and I've barely been mining for 12 hours. How is this possible? My rewards aren't confirmed yet but is this at least somewhat accurate or not even close?

If anyone could shed some light on this that would be great! Also any help or advice would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanks a lot!

- Nick

I believe thats call pool luck. In the long run it should be the same.
CashWWWeb (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:24:16 AM

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Well, that was earlier today for my first round, and was for 0.036 BTC... how am I already on another round and have earned 0.042. That's a total 0.078 and it hasn't even been a full 24 hours. All from a Rockminer R4 hashing at 500 GH/s. Is this possible?

Any and all input will be very much appreciated.

Thanks again!
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:14:38 AM

Are you sure it's not some glitch with the pool? It could turn out later that it was a glitch and you will be credited accordingly. Other than that, not sure why you would get higher payouts, 500gh/s is now like...a very small amount of hashing power.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:19:51 AM

At current difficulty the expected return on 500 GH/s is 0.01054547 BTC per day.  In the short term you may earn more or less because the pool solves more or less blocks than expected but in the long run it evens out.
LightningBlade

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:20:34 AM

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Well, that was earlier today for my first round, and was for 0.036 BTC... how am I already on another round and have earned 0.042. That's a total 0.078 and it hasn't even been a full 24 hours. All from a Rockminer R4 hashing at 500 GH/s. Is this possible?

Any and all input will be very much appreciated.

Thanks again!

You also have to take into consideration of the pool fee and your connection speed to it.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:32:27 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot!

- Nick

How is this possible - well you could buy 10k lotto tickets each week and only make a few hundred dollars. Then all of sudden you get a lucky scratcher and win 100k. Pure variance aka luck.

You said you were mining on/off at Slush's pool.  Slush really penalizes peolple for jumping in/out.  Mine at a PPLNS or PPS pay based pool.
vm_mpn

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:28:56 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot!

- Nick

Very clever Tripple Pool promo Cash... So, do you have your own mini pool there or you are part of the team?
CashWWWeb (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:30:07 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot!

- Nick

How is this possible - well you could buy 10k lotto tickets each week and only make a few hundred dollars. Then all of sudden you get a lucky scratcher and win 100k. Pure variance aka luck.

You said you were mining on/off at Slush's pool.  Slush really penalizes peolple for jumping in/out.  Mine at a PPLNS or PPS pay based pool.

Thank you so much for your help. Your information has been very valuable and I truly appreciate it.

I just have one last question, will the payouts remain the same as they are now?

Have a nice labor day weekend, be safe! Smiley
zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:36:14 AM

Very clever Tripple Pool promo Cash... So, do you have your own mini pool there or you are part of the team?

I think you are right. Post sounded like an ad more than a genuine question. Different pools have different returns, but usually not by this much.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇