Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:30:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointalk post and profile checking methods  (Read 921 times)
williamj2543 (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 03:14:09 AM

I have been exploring some methods for gathering data from users from bitcointalk, for sig campaigns and other purposes. I have found a way to gather individual profile data, and I can easily automate this, insert into databases, and even format a table with given IDs. You can view my little test thing here: http://cryptobets.co/bitcointalkuser.php?id=191301
Replace the id the end (currenly mine) with yours and it gathers your Post count, activity, rank, username, and bitcoin address, perfect for signature campaigns. I could also easily implement a feature logging the post count from the beginning of a time period, and relog the end and find the amount of posts the user made in that time period, and listing that in a file along with their btc addresses so thahas t the sig campaign owner could easily payout within minutes. If anyone wants the code for this, PM me, but the main purpose of this thread is to find anyone that has further information on this. I would like to be able to check and list the users posts, and if there are any new posts a php function is logged. Basically, it would check the posts and if new posts, run a notification service, maybe emailing with the post content. For the previous profile checking, I would find the html element, and then find the data corresponding to that row in the table. It doesn't work like this in the post list page, so if someone could help me on this that would be great.
Thanks!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 08:24:11 AM

Great job man, tried it out and it works great! I could definitely see something like this being a must-have for all future signature campaign operators once it's 100% finished and polished.

It doesn't work like this in the post list page, so if someone could help me on this that would be great.

I'm not completely sure what you are asking/needing here, but maybe try asking in the "Meta" subforum? Maybe that is something theymos could help you with. Apologies if I misunderstood your question.

williamj2543 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 11:25:19 AM

In the post list there's nothing like post 1 or post 2. I don't know how to get the top post, as with the profile model I search for the table element. In this it's not a table.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Daylightx

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:31:53 AM

I have been exploring some methods for gathering data from users from bitcointalk, for sig campaigns and other purposes. I have found a way to gather individual profile data, and I can easily automate this, insert into databases, and even format a table with given IDs. You can view my little test thing here: http://cryptobets.co/bitcointalkuser.php?id=191301
Replace the id the end (currenly mine) with yours and it gathers your Post count, activity, rank, username, and bitcoin address, perfect for signature campaigns. I could also easily implement a feature logging the post count from the beginning of a time period, and relog the end and find the amount of posts the user made in that time period, and listing that in a file along with their btc addresses so thahas t the sig campaign owner could easily payout within minutes. If anyone wants the code for this, PM me, but the main purpose of this thread is to find anyone that has further information on this. I would like to be able to check and list the users posts, and if there are any new posts a php function is logged. Basically, it would check the posts and if new posts, run a notification service, maybe emailing with the post content. For the previous profile checking, I would find the html element, and then find the data corresponding to that row in the table. It doesn't work like this in the post list page, so if someone could help me on this that would be great.
Thanks!
Source code? Smiley
williamj2543 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 02:50:12 PM

Found a way to get posts! Check my profile for a topic talking about this.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: