Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:54:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Social Start-up] ***PROJECT HADRIAN***  (Read 1653 times)
LionOfNarnia (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:56:14 PM

Hello, 'grown-ups',

Well, after serving a hard apprenticeship in alt-coins, I'm on the verge of graduating to 'big school' Wink

I have a big dream, a social venture project I really believe in & yesterday I posted my funding pitch for it on BTCjam.

To 'put some meat on the bones' of what is hinted at in the final paragraph, I'm prepared to offer 50% ROI on a 46 BTC investment, to be repaid in 4 equal instalments from month 9 onwards. I can't post about this in the 'lending' section as I have zero acceptable collateral.

Securing such a deal would make a massive difference to the initial growth rate of phase 1 and hence the overall success of the project - but I can't find a single funding agency that even permits me to request such a deal.

I truly believe that if more time & money was invested in 'grass-roots' people like me, the growth & success of crypto-currencies in the real world will be advanced faster & more efficiently than by some of the strategies that are currently popular.

Here's my pitch - I hope those of you who are BTCjam investors will look favourably on it, and those who are not but share something of my ethics will get in touch....

Hello Dragons,

My name is Aslan Freeman, I'm a 54 year old Englishman, a former industrial electrical engineer who became 'just another victim of the recession' 3 years ago. I've been 'into crypto' since last winter and have recently become a member of the UK Digital Currency Association. I have no dependants or outstanding debts & have modest personal aspirations.

I want to raise £14,169 to kick-start phase 1 of my social venture "Project Hadrian".

My business plan & financial forecast for phase 1 have just been approved by Gateshead City Council for the Government 'New Enterprise Scheme', after 3 months of mentor-ship under a former CFO of VSEL.

Unfortunately, despite the positive noises coming out of Whitehall, financial assistance is currently unavailable for any UK crypto-venture through traditional sources, not even the government-backed 'Start Up Loan Company'.

*** PROJECT HADRIAN ***

I live in an ancient market town of 3,811 souls close to Hadrian's Wall (A World Heritage Site) in the North of England, a place which holds a claim to the title of being the 'geographical centre of the British Isles'. In summer, it's a popular base for international visitors taking walking/mountain-biking/heritage tours of the area but out-of-season there is chronic under-employment.

My goal, my passion, is to ensure that this beautiful, historic yet technically under-served town becomes the regional front-runner in the drive for acceptance of digital currencies, rather than a forgotten backwater.

Then to help other places to do the same.

PHASE 1

To establish & develop a full-time crypto-mining business to be the financial engine room for the project. Apart from a small contingency fund, the entire start-up budget is for the purchase & advance hosting of 18 TH/s of SHA-256 ASIC miners.

Over the following 9 months, all of the net profit generated will be re-invested into purchasing next-generation hosted miners (as they become available) until the business is capable of totally financing all subsequent expansion phases.

PHASE 2

Beginning with the lease of one of several empty high street properties, to establish & develop a 'Bitcoin Information Centre' to educate, empower & support both citizens & businesses alike. This will provide training & quality employment for the equivalent of 4 permanent full-time positions.

PHASE 3

Liaising with the town council & the local round table, to provide the informational, technical & financial support to ensure that every single one of our local shops, bars & hotels accepts & welcomes digital transactions.

PHASE 4

In partnership with the relevant NGOs, trade associations & interest groups, to expand Bitcoin knowledge & acceptance to every retailer & hospitality business from Birdoswald to Chesters, creating a 100 square mile 'Bitcoin Zone'.

PHASE 5

To provide the financing & mentoring for at least 2 similar mining-based start-up ventures in similarly under-served rural locations.

I have the skills & experience, and perhaps more importantly, the vision & passion to lead this project to long-term success. To bring a real & positive difference to many lives.

With your support it WILL happen, so please – 'dig deep'.

In a perfect world, I'd prefer to work with a single investor who, like me, sees more in crypto than just a chance to make money, who understands what a powerful tool the blockchain is for bringing financial empowerment to the many. For someone like this, especially if they were willing to defer repayments until at least month 6, I'd be prepared to offer a significantly better ROI than that set out in this pitch.

Needless to say, I welcome any & all questions, by any suitable medium.

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LionOfNarnia (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:16:07 PM

Yeah, yeah, I know - no-one on this entire bloody site has any interest whatsoever in helping anyone but themselves.

...But it still helps me to have this posted somewhere accessible to all.

Grin

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 08:57:44 PM

Is your 18TH/s going to be dedicated to alt-coin mining or bitcoin mining? Might I suggest mixing in some alt-coin based hardware (asic scrypt) into your project....?  I get a much better ROI from alt-coin mining using a multipool than focused mining on bitcoins. As an example, difficulty increases in bitcoin don't impact alt-coins directly, so I didn't see a drop in mining revenue as you would see in BTC mining.
LionOfNarnia (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:51:34 PM

Hi, Cloverme - and thanks for responding.

Obviously I don't want to give all the secrets of my business plan away, but yes, you're right. The plan is to use the SHA miners to provide the finance to buy Scrypt ASICs when the next gen are available on release - which is estimated at Q1 2015.

By re-investing almost 100% of the proceeds into new equipment over the first 9 months, the project will have the fire-power to totally self-finance.

I'm aiming for about 25 Gh/s of scrypt miners in addition to the 18 TH/s of SHA256, and of course will have the option to sell on the equipment as even more efficient machines come on line.

I honestly believe that encouraging similar mining-based community projects will have a far bigger impact, at far less cost, than the millions being poured into applications, services, new features ..... and even conferences ... can achieve in the really-real world.

- which is exactly why the final stage of the project is the pledge to fund at least 2 more projects as long as they agree to do the same.

Is anybody surprised that the banks won't help crypto-business, seen as we are working to make them about as vital as witch-finders?

I'll find my angel, as long as I can stand up one more time than I get knocked down.

LionOfNarnia (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:18:11 PM

I found out today why the UK Govt -backed "Start Up Loan Company" is refusing to back my plans.

They regard ALL (potential) crypto-businesses as "Money transfer services".

EVEN MINING!!!

So, the Chancellors' statement about making the UK a good place for cryptos is

ANOTHER BIG FUCKING POLITICAL LIE Sad

Think what he means (as usual) is

"We'll make sure our rich, high powered cronies can grab a big chunk of this, but screw the little guy".

The sooner we get rid of the current system, the better for mankind.

Hope Scotland votes 'yes' next week - that'll shake the buggers up Wink

LionOfNarnia (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:33:01 PM

All is far from lost -

I had a three-hour meeting with a pair of prominent local businessmen last night, at which I was grilled very thoroughly about just about every aspect of the UK crypto-economy. I was slowed down a bit by the wifi going down, but I muddled thorough on memory & paper notes. Sometimes being born before the internet (actually before Sir Tim even invented it!) has it's advantages Wink

Upshot is, we're now talking about a much larger joint operation than I had planned for a solo effort.

The ASIC-makers are gonna LOVE us!

LionOfNarnia (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:46:02 PM

LOL the hardest thing about talking to 'normal' businessmen is their total disbelief that more than about 8% profit can be made legally.

- When you start talking 100's, their natural "If it looks too good to be true, it must be" kicks in.

It's a stimulating challenge to sit them in front of a spreadsheet with coinwarz also open & prove the maths to them Wink

They're still on the hook & I sense they're starting to salivate just a little bit!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: