Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:55:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGox customer support == Huge Steaming Pile of FAIL!  (Read 3367 times)
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 09:42:28 AM

Dear CyberPhunk.

Please check your account, I believe that the $25.18 USD are now back. We are sorry that it took so much time to fix this error, but, unlike Bitcoins transactions, Banks love to take their time send money back. And while we did not get them yet, we had a conformation yesterday that they are on their way, so we could finally credit your account of $25.18 USD.

Once again sorry that it took so long

Regards

So. you'll still keep the $50 that was caused by the failure of your employee, basically charging me for it? Nice!

It seems that you do not understand how bank fees work in the case of a withdraw, unfortunately banks, not US, take a Huge chunk of money when you go to opt for an international wire, in your case half of what you sent. The $25.18 that we gave you back is what the Banks sent us back from your initial withdraw and what you should have actually received.

Anyway if you do not want to use International Withdraw please use BitInstant.

Good luck

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stergium

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 09:42:57 AM

Apparently "nothing" does indeed mean "nothing."

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Mtgox does need a serious wake-up call when it comes to their customer support. My impression is that they believe they are too big to fail, so the only thing likely to give them that wake-up call is serious competition

there is such a thing... called Intersango Smiley
R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 12:19:57 PM

Dear CyberPhunk.

Please check your account, I believe that the $25.18 USD are now back. We are sorry that it took so much time to fix this error, but, unlike Bitcoins transactions, Banks love to take their time send money back. And while we did not get them yet, we had a conformation yesterday that they are on their way, so we could finally credit your account of $25.18 USD.

Regards

Woohoo! Issue resolved OP?
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 01:30:30 PM

QUICK TIP: For anyone that wants to use a wire for any reason at all: Don't bother, unless the amount is greater than $1000, and some folks will say even higher. It just isn't worth the time, expense, and general hassle. USA, use Dwolla. Europe, use Intersango SEPA. Other places have other options too.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
R-

Activity: 238

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 01:43:44 PM

QUICK TIP: For anyone that wants to use a wire for any reason at all: Don't bother, unless the amount is greater than $1000, and some folks will say even higher. It just isn't worth the time, expense, and general hassle. USA, use Dwolla. Europe, use Intersango SEPA. Other places have other options too.
This brother speaks the truth. With amounts over $1,000, you end up paying 5% in fees which isn't too rough.
CyberPhunk (OP)

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 05:51:43 PM

Dear CyberPhunk.

Regards

So. you'll still keep the $50 that was caused by the failure of your employee, basically charging me for it? Nice!

It seems that you do not understand how bank fees work in the case of a withdraw, unfortunately banks, not US, take a Huge chunk of money when you go to opt for an international wire, in your case half of what you sent. The $25.18 that we gave you back is what the Banks sent us back from your initial withdraw and what you should have actually received.

Good luck

The $50 I am referring to is the ADDITIONAL fee for the failed transfer, which happened due to the incorrect information supplied by your employee. I sent a trial transfer of $50, and then you took ANOTHER $50 from my account to cover that fee.

Oh, and thanks to whomever decided to bury this thread in the trading sub-forum.

It has NOTHING to do with trading, and everything to do with accountability, which is why I put it where I did.

List of client download mirrors / Older Catalyst drivers/SDK
13dRbbqBpfZEmZiXXdLM4NKNoJYsgHbuFJ  <- might as well, in case someone feels generous. Wink
CyberPhunk (OP)

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 09:00:13 AM

So, Mt.Gox Support, were you guys going to return the EXTRA $50 in fees you charged me or not?

Those fees were charged because the transfer failed, due to the incorrect information supplied by your own employee!

Since you seem to be ignoring my support case, I guess this is my last resort.

List of client download mirrors / Older Catalyst drivers/SDK
13dRbbqBpfZEmZiXXdLM4NKNoJYsgHbuFJ  <- might as well, in case someone feels generous. Wink
LordGreynick

Activity: 127

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 07:46:10 AM

Dear CyberPhunk.

Regards

Good luck

The $50 I am referring to is the ADDITIONAL fee for the failed transfer, which happened due to the incorrect information supplied by your employee. I sent a trial transfer of $50, and then you took ANOTHER $50 from my account to cover that fee.

Oh, and thanks to whomever decided to bury this thread in the trading sub-forum.

It has NOTHING to do with trading, and everything to do with accountability, which is why I put it where I did.

Not sure why this shouldn't be absolutely self evident to Mt Gox .. the charge happened because a Mt Gox employee gave incorrect advice. It should therefore fall to Mt Gox to resolve it .. not blame THEIR bank or another party for the fees and wash their hands of the issue. 
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: