Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:04:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Drugs are Bad for You  (Read 3038 times)
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 02:06:41 AM

http://www.infowars.com/antidepressant-drugs-causing-epidemic-of-mania/

Mary O’Dell, the mother of 24-year-old Brandon Montgomery Daniel told the Associated Press that her son’s role in the fatal shooting of Austin Senior Police Officer Jaime Padron was fueled by alcohol and psychotropic drugs.

O’Dell added that Daniel was not even aware of what had taken place because “he was under the influence of tequila and Xanax.”

Chimp Attack: Xanax Found in Chimps System

Toxicology tests confirm that the chimpanzee that severely mauled a Connecticut woman in February had the anti-anxiety drug Xanax in his system.

Eric Harris, the triggerman in the Columbine school shootings, killed his fellow students and took his own life while taking Luvox.

Thirteen year-old Chris Fetters killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.

Twelve year-old Christopher Pittman murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.

Thirteen year-old Mathew Miller hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.

Fifteen year-old Jarred Viktor stabbed his grandmother 61 times after 5 days on Paxil.

Fifteen year old Kip Kinkel (Prozac and RITALIN) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.

Luke Woodham aged 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.

Boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) in 1998 who in seizure activity from Zoloft had a stand off at the school.

Michael Carneal (Ritalin) a 14-year-old opened fire on students at a high school prayer meeting in West Paducah, Kentucky. Three teenagers were killed, five others were wounded, one of whom was paralyzed.

Young man in Huntsville, Alabama (Ritalin) went psychotic chopping up his parents with an ax and also killing one sibling and almost murdering another.

Andrew Golden, aged 11, (Ritalin) and Mitchell Johnson, aged 14, (Ritalin) shot 15 people killing four students, one teacher, and wounding 10 others.

TJ Solomon, aged 15, (Ritalin) high school student in Conyers, Georgia opened fire on and wounded six of his class mates.

Rod Mathews, aged 14, (Ritalin) beat a classmate to death with a bat.

James Wilson, aged 19, (Psychiatric Drugs – various) Breenwood, South Carolina, took a .22 caliber revolver into an elementary school killing two young girls, and wounding seven other children and two teachers.

Elizabeth Bush aged 13 (Paxil) was responsible for a school shooting in Pennsylvania

Jason Hoffman (Effexor and Celexa) – school shooting in El Cajon, California

Another boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) had a stand off at the school.

Jarred Viktor aged 15 (Paxil), after five days on Paxil he stabbed his grandmother 61 times.

Chris Shanahan aged 15 (Paxil) in Rigby, ID who out of the blue killed a woman.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aggro
Donator

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 02:10:00 AM

http://www.infowars.com/antidepressant-drugs-causing-epidemic-of-mania/

Mary O’Dell, the mother of 24-year-old Brandon Montgomery Daniel told the Associated Press that her son’s role in the fatal shooting of Austin Senior Police Officer Jaime Padron was fueled by alcohol and psychotropic drugs.

O’Dell added that Daniel was not even aware of what had taken place because “he was under the influence of tequila and Xanax.”

Chimp Attack: Xanax Found in Chimps System

Toxicology tests confirm that the chimpanzee that severely mauled a Connecticut woman in February had the anti-anxiety drug Xanax in his system.

Eric Harris, the triggerman in the Columbine school shootings, killed his fellow students and took his own life while taking Luvox.

Thirteen year-old Chris Fetters killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.

Twelve year-old Christopher Pittman murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.

Thirteen year-old Mathew Miller hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.

Fifteen year-old Jarred Viktor stabbed his grandmother 61 times after 5 days on Paxil.

Fifteen year old Kip Kinkel (Prozac and RITALIN) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.

Luke Woodham aged 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.

Boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) in 1998 who in seizure activity from Zoloft had a stand off at the school.

Michael Carneal (Ritalin) a 14-year-old opened fire on students at a high school prayer meeting in West Paducah, Kentucky. Three teenagers were killed, five others were wounded, one of whom was paralyzed.

Young man in Huntsville, Alabama (Ritalin) went psychotic chopping up his parents with an ax and also killing one sibling and almost murdering another.

Andrew Golden, aged 11, (Ritalin) and Mitchell Johnson, aged 14, (Ritalin) shot 15 people killing four students, one teacher, and wounding 10 others.

TJ Solomon, aged 15, (Ritalin) high school student in Conyers, Georgia opened fire on and wounded six of his class mates.

Rod Mathews, aged 14, (Ritalin) beat a classmate to death with a bat.

James Wilson, aged 19, (Psychiatric Drugs – various) Breenwood, South Carolina, took a .22 caliber revolver into an elementary school killing two young girls, and wounding seven other children and two teachers.

Elizabeth Bush aged 13 (Paxil) was responsible for a school shooting in Pennsylvania

Jason Hoffman (Effexor and Celexa) – school shooting in El Cajon, California

Another boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) had a stand off at the school.

Jarred Viktor aged 15 (Paxil), after five days on Paxil he stabbed his grandmother 61 times.

Chris Shanahan aged 15 (Paxil) in Rigby, ID who out of the blue killed a woman.

I believe that Psychotropic drugs are way scarier than most ilegal drugs.
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 03:05:04 AM

Violent paradoxal reactions secondary to the use of benzodiazepines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradoxical_effects

Paradoxical rage reactions due to benzodiazepines occur as a result of an altered level of consciousness, which generates automatic behaviors, anterograde amnesia and uninhibited aggression.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_benzodiazepines
Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, Halcion, Ativan, Ambien...

Violence as a side - effect of antidepressants: Provocation by alcohol

Results: A distinct syndrome of uncharacteristic disinhibition with alcohol was detected in 40 individuals of either sex during treatment with SSRIs or venlafaxine. Outcomes included 12 homicides (2 of which were double), suicide, serious assault, unintended sexual intercourse, and other damaging or markedly embarrassing social behaviour. In the majority of cases, memory for the episode was lacking, often completely so. For most individuals, modest or usual amounts of alcohol were involved, with evidence that these had been well tolerated before antidepressant treatment,and after its discontinuation (challenge-dechallenge). In several cases, re-exposure to the same or related antidepressant reproduced the phenomenon (rechallenge).

List of SSRIs
Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa...

The Meth and alcohol list would be even scarier.

Ritalin is an amphetamine.

payb.tc

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 03:31:52 AM

The Meth and alcohol list would be even scarier.

i wonder how many murders have occurred after someone drank a glass of water
benjamindees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 06:41:12 AM

Quote from: fedupandtiredofit at infowars.com
Once upon a time, my doctor set me up with SSRI’s to combat my hypertension.

It was about two years ago… took my Paxil that morning and later that night, I drank a glass of wine. It was about 10PM when I’m told that I armed myself with a rifle and went for walk in the neighborhood. Later the police came… I was surrounded by 12 or so cops (so I am told). The cops tried to arrest me but I’m told that I ranted and raved about everything and anything for about a half hour, ignoring the cops and the guns they were pointing at me. I was violently arrested.

A few hours later, I woke up in a hospital, hand cuffed to the bed.

Paxil caused this behavior. I have very little memory of that night at all. I have permanent physical injuries as a result of the violent arrest.

Take it from someone who has been there, DON’T ever put an SSRI in your body!

About 6 months later a met some of the cops who were there that night. They remembered the event and could not believe I was the same person they arrested. We talked about 30 minutes and we parted with hand shakes and a mutual understanding that SSRI influence must be taken seriously before cops start killing people who are acting like the “lights are on, but nobody’s home”.

Quote from: kingkurtis at infowars.com
true. I took one klonapin, and drank two Mikes harder lemonades, and dont have any memory for three days….felt like a zombie for a month, and felt the effects for 6 months. Wasnt “just” the alcohol. I ended up in county jail, after I apparently loaded my 45/70, and my glock23, and went to my wifes house, with whom I was separated from. I have no idea why I went, and no memory. Gotta blame the drug/alcohol combo….just a little of both and holy crap. Thats my true story….scary shit

Quote from: InfoTerrorist at infowars.com
Zanax. Its an epidemic in the southern states. 9 out of 10 women eat em like ticktacks and become complete zombies. Theyll Lie, steal, cheat, right in front of you, and deny it caught red handed, like the wolf caught with the chicken hanging out of its mouth saying i didnt eat the chicken. I had to dump my third wife over zanax. I have an extremely high tolerence for drugs. Time was id wake up with a line of coke, smoke pot and drink vodka all day, and have a line of heroin for a night cap. I took ONE zanax a buddy gave me once at about eight oclock at night. He told me about an hour later i told him to get out of my truck cause i said was about to recklessly endanger people and sped off. I woke up around noon the next day with absoloutely no memory of the previous night. I dont know where i went or how i made it home. I can drop ten hits of acid and trip for a week, and i have never had memory loss. These chicks down south are upwards of a dozen at a time.

Quote from: IlluminatiNephilimTrash at infowars.com
I live in SW Florida. This is the pill capital of the USA. These prescription drugs are horrible. I’ve seen these pills like Xanax do far more damage to people than anything else. I’ve had friends get prescribed these things and go downhill faster than when they were on any type of street drugs. Completely zombified. I’ve seen first hand what street drugs do to somebody, as my own mother was a junkie when I was growing up. These anitdepressant and opiate pills are the worst things I’ve ever seen. Devil pills.

Red Emerald

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 07:00:04 AM

Not all drugs are bad. Pot is amazing.  This article references over 30 other articles/studies, isn't from high times and still shows positive or no effect.

http://mothering.com/pregnancy-birth/use-of-marijuana-during-pregnancy

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 10:12:37 AM

I would prefer no form of drug/stimulants were in my system at all. Not worth it.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 11:03:52 AM

I would prefer no form of drug/stimulants were in my system at all. Not worth it.

Not even coffee or tea?
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2012, 03:52:25 PM

I have a few problems with this thread.

1. First of all, this thread totally dismisses the fact that there have been loads of people that have been helped tremendously by using certain drugs, making their lives a lot better. You, however, are only presenting negative cases. That's not fair at all, is it?

2. Second of all, drugs is such a broad term. Some drugs have loads of side-effects, some have very little. How can you conclude that drugs are bad based on just a few examples of drugs? Also, you "research" shows multiple different drugs. You'd have to look at each drug independently to see if there are causes for concern per drug.

3. Third of all, loads of those scary stories contain a mix of multiple drugs, such as benzodiazepines and alcohol. That's a very dangerous combination. You can't blame the drugs if people are stupid enough to take different drugs together that are known to be dangerous if taken together.

4. Fourth of all, congratulations, you've found people under the influence of drugs that did some bad things. That fact alone doesn't say anything though. There are loads of sober people that have done terrible things. Can we conclude from that fact that being sober is dangerous? Not at all. To make a valid comparison of the negative effects of drugs you'd have to look at the percentage of people under the influence of certain drugs that did bad things, and you'd have to look at the percentage of people that were sober and did bad things. To be able to calculate those 2 percentages you'd need the numbers describing: 1. Sober people that did not do something bad 2. Sober people that did something bad 3. People under the influence of a certain drug that did not do something bad 4. People under the influence of a certain drug that did something bad. I'm only seeing number four.

5. Fifth of all, even if a correlation was found between using certain drugs and people doing bad things, that does not imply causation. Most of those people were taking drugs for a reason. Have you ever considered that there might be something that caused them to take those drugs, and also caused the bad behavior? Perhaps they had personality problems, which caused the doctor to prescribe drugs, but those personality problems also caused the person to act the way he did? Or someone who flipped, causing him/her to consume drugs in a rage, totally out of control, and to harm someone else or maybe even him-/herself. I'm not saying this is the case for all those stories, but I'm sure there are plenty of accidents in which drugs were involved, but weren't the cause for the accident.

I hope this post will change the view some of you have on drugs. Drugs are indeed dangerous if people don't use them in a responsible way, but they can also be tremendously helpful for the people taking them. Thanks for reading Smiley

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 11, 2012, 05:01:23 PM

Not even coffee or tea?

Oops not that lol. However, I only drink tea but not coffee tho...And I try to avoid meds when I'm sick as I prefer waiting it out.
Variable

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 10:43:33 PM

They say starring at a computer too long isn't good for you either, but we're probably all hooked on that one.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 03:37:12 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

Basically people taking these drugs already had mental health issues otherwise they probably would not be taking these drugs.  That does not mean the drugs did not contribute to the problem, but one could argue that if they took MORE of some of these drugs those problems may have not happened.

The SSRI class of drugs we simply do not fully understand.  Drugs like Xanax probably do not cause people to become MORE aggressive though.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 01:43:27 PM

There is already prozac in the water . Its called flouride. So maybe yes there were  a few murders after someone drank the town water supply...

Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 04:40:09 PM

There is already prozac in the water . Its called flouride. So maybe yes there were  a few murders after someone drank the town water supply...

ROFL

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 06:49:27 PM

But.., but the guy from D.A.R.E. said if a doctor gives you drugs it's ok? It will only hurt you if you take drugs that are enjoyable, purchased from a guy in a leather jacket.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 11:14:17 PM

But.., but the guy from D.A.R.E. said if a doctor gives you drugs it's ok? It will only hurt you if you take drugs that are enjoyable, purchased from a guy in a leather jacket.
The only thing I remember from D.A.R.E. is being told that marijuana makes people eat and speed makes your heart beat faster.  What a waste of time.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 03:36:17 AM

...And I try to avoid meds when I'm sick as I prefer waiting it out.

I think this helps your defenses strengthen themselves. I try to never take pills for this reason, but does anybody know whether the the effect of vitamins is the same?

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 03:49:25 AM

The only thing that comes to my mind after reading the OP is that ChimpsOnXanaX is a great name for a psytrance live-act or party org...
Red Emerald

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 05:48:28 PM

...And I try to avoid meds when I'm sick as I prefer waiting it out.

I think this helps your defenses strengthen themselves. I try to never take pills for this reason, but does anybody know whether the the effect of vitamins is the same?

Some studies have shown vitamins to lower life expectancy. Sad

http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/004101.html

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 12:47:06 AM

Good read, thanks.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: