Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:08:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XST] StealthCoin Speculation Thread - Bittrex, Cryptsy  (Read 5437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
StealthDevs (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 04:53:03 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2014, 09:49:07 AM by StealthDevs

Colored/increased fonts, off-topic posts, hyping of other coins, or non-useful posts may be removed.

Main thread including roadmap:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681725.0

Important Dates:

July 8th - Launch with integrated Tor
August 27th - StealthText Proof-of-Concept (sending of world's first fully anonymous sms-based multiplatform transaction) completed

Exchanges:

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XST
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/285
Enjoy!

STEALTH | XST | stealth.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlackMarket

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:25:39 PM

let's pump this coin  Grin
gustopaz

Activity: 417

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:12:51 PM

I think price will rise to 20k after 3th roadmap point be done.
objectofawareness

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:32:16 PM

I think price will rise to 20k after 3th roadmap point be done.

I agree. I think that the future of this coin relies heavily on blockchain obfuscation.

If the devs can pull that off, along with a good marketing/PR push, there is nowhere for this coin to go but up.

Pliznou

Activity: 101
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:52:25 AM

This coin need more hype.
btcmaze

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:58:11 AM

What is its speciality? How does it stand out?

Pliznou

Activity: 101
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:19:54 AM

Anonymity is top priority of this coin. Its first coin with full Tor implementation. Check main thread.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:46:35 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 04:19:27 AM by EmilioMann

Stealthtext isn't a encrypted chat or just a encrypted sms message.
Stealthtext is a way to send stealthcoins anonymously hidden by a encrypted text sms message that in case of interception the only thing that appears is that is sending a encrypted text
For now only for android but soon if I want to send stealthcoin to other person and all I have is a dumbphone with Java and SMS text messages, I will can send it anonymously and then be thrown the dumbphone in the trash after the payment! AMAZING!

Stealth Text Details (Whitepaper Rough Draft)

This isn't the final draft of the whitepaper, but I hope it answers some basic questions. Indeed, StealthText is the technology for "anonymous SMS transactions".

The following text explains the illustration below.

Let's imagine Bob wants to send 420 XST to Carol. Bob has set up his own pipeline or is a customer of an online wallet service that has provides a pipeline. Either is possible because anyone can set up his or her own pipeline.

Now, Bob is operating under some constraints today. He has his phone and can SMS, but for whatever reason has no access to his data services. But he needs his transaction to get to Carol securely and privately (anonymously). He can't afford for anyone to tamper with his transaction, like "flipping a bit" to change the amount, nor can he afford for an adversary, such as a competing business, to know the nature of his transaction with Carol.

Bob is in luck today, because he has installed StealthText on his phone. In his settings dialog, he has entered a secret passphrase (that could be a random string of characters), the phone number of his SMS forwarding service (like google voice), and a client ID, that is not essential but can be used for routing (in the screenshots, this is 1zrL2Jk, which is random for the sake of the example).

His wallet (whether on the cloud or in his computer at home) knows this secret passphrase and his PIN , which is the second part of StealthText's two-factor authentication. To make his transaction, he enters Carol's XST address ("SGVQhkwom..", the first S has been cut off in the screenshots) the amount (420 XST) and his PIN, which he shares with no one and has memorized. He then hits "Send" and confirms the transaction. StealthText then sends the anonymous, encrypted transaction through SMS where it enters the pipeline.

The SMS message with the anonymous transaction, is routed to Bob's SMS forwarding service (like google voice) which then turns it into an email that is sent to Bob's email account. If using google voice, this would be a gmail account. The mail is then handled by Bob's mail client (like Thunderbird) enabled with an addon that can send it to his file system, or in cases like OS X mail, send it directly to a simple message processor on his computer that turns it into a wallet command and sends it to his wallet. (We will provide the message processor for Thunderbird as an open source project).

The XST wallet (as of version 1.2.0.1) is enabled to recognize this this command and the anonymous, encrypted transaction. The wallet decrypts the transaction. Because the transaction is encrypted on Bob's phone but never decrypted until it hits his wallet, it remains secure and anonymous until the transaction is created inside the wallet.

As with all transactions, the wallet broadcasts Carlol's 420 XST to the TOR network, which ensures that Carol gets her funds securely and privately.

Note that StealthText has the following attributes:

Anonymous

StealthText is anonymous because no one except for Bob can know the contents of the encrypted transaction while on transit to his wallet. Once there, it remains anonymous because StealthCoin uses the Tor network.

Secure

StealthText uses AES encryption combined with GCM encrypted authentication. This means that a multitude of attacks which try to blindly manipulate the encrypted transaction to change it's value, destination, or otherwise corrupt it, will be detected by the wallet. In fact, the transaction will be rejected by the wallet if just one bit of one byte of the encrypted transaction is modified ("bit flip attack").

Moreover the wallet has safeguards against delayed transactions and "replay attacks". That is, once the wallet broadcasts the transaction, it will not accept the same transaction again. So, if an adversary intercepts the message and sends it numerous times to Bob's wallet, the wallet will not re-send the funds no matter how many replays the adversary attempts.

SMS

StealthText does not rely on Bob's phone having data capabilities. This allows Bob to send funds anonymously and securely from any part of the world where SMS is available, or when his data services experience outage due to adversarial attack or natural causes.

Decentralized

Any person or servcie can establish their own pipeline. They only need the StealthText app and a StealthCoin wallet greater than or equal to version 1.2.0.1. Any SMS forwarding service can send the message to any media of delivery. Email is the most convenient for me, but it could also be http or any other protocol. For the proof-of-concept, I used google voice and gmail. The only glue in the entire chain is a program that can change an email with the message, for example, into a wallet command that looks like this:

Code:
StealthCoind decryptsend '1zrL2Jk,IDlf0wy....'

As mentioned above, we will provide the glue in the form of a message processor for the Thunderbird email client.

I hope this answers questions. I'm also looking forward to writing a more detailed whitepaper and to see it incarnate with the awesome graphics that I'm sure our designer will produce (I'll admit that my graphics are a bit primitive).

We will release the StealthText Android app as soon as we have some testers try it out. Our Android dev is on vacation in the Mediterranean region right now, so hopefully we can get ahold of him to put it up on google play. If not, we will simply release a bundle that can be installed manually fairly easily. In such a case, we'll put it on google play when he returns from vacation. Either way, it will be available to users within a day or so, after beta testing.

Also, we do plan an iOS version for iPhone users and soon after that we will port StealthText to platforms that are not considered "smartphones".

-- Hondo

EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:49:34 PM

StealthText Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrM5IjL5Zh8

this proved StealthText working and it was simple setup.
All i did was setup StealthText to connect to desktop wallet, copy and paste QR code of premined address, enter amount, PIN and sent. I cut the wait time for transaction to show up on block explorer.
objectofawareness

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 12:49:28 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 01:01:25 AM by objectofawareness

I've been noticing the bot trading on Bittrex for a while. I've also been paying attention to the rich list. There's been a lot of fluctuation happening in the top two wallets. The top wallet moved over 17,000 XST the other day and the second top wallet has added more than 94,000 XST in the last couple of days. If I had to guess, I would have said that the top holders are manipulating the price to accumulate more. Even if someone tries to kill this coin, it will be hard to do, unless your the top wallet holder.

EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:10:26 AM

wow, someone buying more than 150k xst now
CoinStarX

Activity: 196

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:25:38 AM

Is this a Chinese SCAM coin?

EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:42:31 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 02:58:17 AM by EmilioMann

Lol, the FUD began
Dev is from usa and have proof of developer 5 PODs+ http://cryptoasian.com/xst-stealthcoin/
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 03:59:15 AM

Lol, the FUD began
Dev is from usa and have proof of developer 5 PODs+ http://cryptoasian.com/xst-stealthcoin/

But isn't it true that the teams website developer is missing / left for another coins?
I don't think that keeping people in the dark helps the transparency of this community.

There imo are a lot of questions that should be adressed. It's a long way to the planned release of StealthText for a low-volume-coin like this, the price could be everywhere in less than a week.

And how important is a web developer for a coin, my friend?
He was never part of the team. From what I understand he is a freelancer who has made a service and get out.
Likely to be hired another when needed.
The main developer of the coin is Hondo. And he is amazing
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:30:10 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 04:50:40 AM by EmilioMann

Lol, the FUD began

But isn't it true that the teams website developer is missing / left for another coins?
I don't think that keeping people in the dark helps the transparency of this community.

There imo are a lot of questions that should be adressed. It's a long way to the planned release of StealthText for a low-volume-coin like this, the price could be everywhere in less than a week.

And how important is a web developer for a coin, my friend?
He was never part of the team. From what I understand he is a freelancer who has made a service and get out.
Likely to be hired another when needed.
The main developer of the coin is Hondo. And he is amazing

Thats a lot of work for one person. A website needs constant work. Lots of pressure, what happens if he burns out of gets hurt by fud or a bus? I'm just asking because I work as a web design3r and know how important that part of a project is. The XST-Homepage right now is ok but what happens if stuff needs to be changed? Some coins have lost their support and momentum because of typos or dead links, I think a web dev is really important for the reputation of this project.

Sorry if I sound desperate, I don't like the low price and I am concerned.

Seems like you guys are new investors in stealthcoin, are not knowing about it and are getting afraid for nothing.
The dev team is not formed only by one person. Hondo is the team leader.
The designer is "pm1978", also has "Koontas" and other members including a security expert
dukeneptun
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:00:18 AM

Pump this to 20K. I just bought small bag. I beleive it´s quit undervalued....
irlandescoin

Activity: 567
Merit: 502

Hey yo let's go

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:24:51 AM

moon

back here after the boom in 2013
gustopaz

Activity: 417

View Profile