Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:05:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Isn't this spam?  (Read 1722 times)
solsticez (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:56:30 PM

I've just seen this in the offtopic section, is it allowed, can I spam the forum like that or only the hero members can?

Just asking...

http://imgur.com/u79Ecln
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 07:52:00 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 03:58:50 PM by mprep

Weird... The posts don't seem to be similar to his previous ones. Maybe the account was hacked (or sold)? I've contacted the admins - we'll see if they have any info.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 08:53:57 PM

I've noticed b!z has changed a bit recently in my business PMs to him, but I've always been paid for jobs I've done for him even after his writing style changed, albeit now with some payment delays although I get paid in the end. I do hope he wasn't hacked or something - it seems a bit strange that a hacker would continue paying me for work and asking me to do jobs.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
ACCTseller

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 01:41:58 AM

I've just seen this in the offtopic section, is it allowed, can I spam the forum like that or only the hero members can?

Just asking...

It is not spam to reply to every thread in a subforum as long as the replies are constructive. Although considering that the picture is of the off topic section, I somewhat doubt the replies could potentially be constructive.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 03:56:36 PM

Just asking...
It is not spam to reply to every thread in a subforum as long as the replies are constructive. Although considering that the picture is of the off topic section, I somewhat doubt the replies could potentially be constructive.
You should check his posts then before replying.
Posting so much in off topic in any case should be considered spam, because of the time-frame. The time between some posts is less than 30 seconds (!).
All the posts consist out of a few words. I could be wrong here.
A person that is participating in a sig. campaign would be banned if he posted like that.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 03:58:24 PM

Usually when I click on a subforum after I go through 30 minutes of bitcointalk, I see my name a lot there.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ACCTseller

Activity: 532

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:07:38 PM

Just asking...
You should check his posts then before replying.
Posting so much in off topic in any case should be considered spam, because of the time-frame. The time between some posts is less than 30 seconds (!).
All the posts consist out of a few words. I could be wrong here.
A person that is participating in a sig. campaign would be banned if he posted like that.
Like I said, the fact that this was done in the off topic sub forum probably means that it is spam. I looked at a few of his posts last night and ya the posts are questionable at best.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:22:51 AM

That was a bad idea. Sorry guys.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:47:06 AM

Notice the very unprofessional smiley face in his personal message area and weird writing style. I would not trust this account until it is proven he is in control of it.
b!z
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:07:16 PM

Am I doing the smiley face right now?

I'll sign a message. Pick any address from one of my old posts.
zadiume

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:33:44 PM

Maybe he sold the account? Hero accounts go for 1+ BTC now I think. Pretty tempting  Tongue
Unless he was a legit whale tho, then it wouldnt make sense to lose a Hero Account  Huh
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:02:28 PM

Maybe he sold the account? Hero accounts go for 1+ BTC now I think. Pretty tempting  Tongue
Unless he was a legit whale tho, then it wouldnt make sense to lose a Hero Account  Huh

What do you mean legit whale?

Am I doing the smiley face right now?

I'll sign a message. Pick any address from one of my old posts.

Alright sure (Im not trying to harass you, just want to confirm with everybody and you)

Prove you own this address: 1JQu5ZoYbKSyoF7tAirozj4YvdtsFw3GFz

Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=113055.msg1235629#msg1235629
Whitehouse

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:12:54 PM

What do you mean legit whale?

A bitcoin whale, that is indeed legitimate  lol: http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/1rrtbv/what_is_a_bitcoin_whale/

BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:14:25 PM

That was a bad idea. Sorry guys.

What is the problem?
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 07:12:22 PM

You guys are real funny.

I'm pretty sure b!z would have 100s of BTC.

Impossible that he has sold it. Small chance it was hacked (I'm pretty sure he knows to manage his security)

Alright sure (Im not trying to harass you, just want to confirm with everybody and you)

Prove you own this address: 1JQu5ZoYbKSyoF7tAirozj4YvdtsFw3GFz

Reference: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=113055.msg1235629#msg1235629

It looks a lot like you are trying to troll him.

A lot of people don't have control of old wallets, especially ones almost two years old.

It would make sense only if you think his account was stolen over two years ago, before he built up his reputation as one of the most reliable traders.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 08:46:19 PM

Jambola I suggest you be quiet as you seem to have done no serious research on what happened. b!z's writing style did change dramatically including in his PMs as well as his posts so people have a right to be cautious.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:03:12 PM

Jambola I suggest you be quiet as you seem to have done no serious research on what happened. b!z's writing style did change dramatically including in his PMs as well as his posts so people have a right to be cautious.

I did not eliminate the chance that he has been hacked, but I am sure that he has not sold it.

There is a chance that his writing style changed because he may have been hacked, but I believe that he would never sell his account.

Asking for proof by signature of an address posted over 6300 posts ago is a stupid idea, that's all I said.

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 09:12:19 PM

My thoughts exactly. Be suspicious of him until he proves otherwise.
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1073

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 01:43:21 AM

I did not eliminate the chance that he has been hacked, but I am sure that he has not sold it.

There is a chance that his writing style changed because he may have been hacked, but I believe that he would never sell his account.

Asking for proof by signature of an address posted over 6300 posts ago is a stupid idea, that's all I said.

If he was hacked, I think he would let people know that and try to recover account.

Since none happened so far, I guess either he solt it(what you said would not happens) or he started to access the forum only in the beer time, so the change in the style.

b!z
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 02:21:45 AM

My thoughts exactly. Be suspicious of him until he proves otherwise.

No problem. I completely understand. I've been a bit busy irl and I haven't been too active here for the past couple of months.

jambola2, you're right: I don't have access to that address unfortunately. I've signed a message with a couple addresses I've used frequently here:

Address on my forum profile:
177777iciAzEV7MQoiHgobrgm6dXgFdhMW

Signature:
HCibDi4p1PFesoYpubM1d62TQluGwDrx39c0M15uCjbFiPxWrA1yfqWGy78HDFI+/PVPcSVrWUyoMUCigGuqMQA=
---
bitcoin-otc address: 1234567ACtsSyTJ9CXQC92LqgsxG1GVBNk

Signature:
G2zGFpvOCq/9C+PoPh4MlSxgIeesNATPoGIIbtYMBbi33EvZxLmq1N8Nmu5qyUaiEpcdvD/uGv/ZVWH9rCubKFQ=

If there are any other ones anybody wants me to sign, post them and I'll see if I still have the wallet. I do plan on maintaining my good reputation on this forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: