Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:23:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CLOSED  (Read 31066 times)
n4l3hp

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 08:09:00 AM

Anybody got Akbash working with Eclipse? I can't get it to display pool info. I can't find the total hash rate of my workers, only the individual hash rates of each workers are shown in the user stats of the API. Same as the stales and invalids.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jddebug

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 09:42:40 AM

Will it work with the GPUMAX API?

Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 01:17:49 AM

Is there a way to configure to only email when/if a miner is rebooted or system restarted?  I could care less about all the other stuff it just fills up my mailbox and I have to filter it.
nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
June 05, 2012, 10:53:36 PM

FYI.  cgminer 2.4.1 changed text for the current MH/s field  for BFL Singles when the units go offline.  The field will state 'OFF'.

If you wouldn't mind updating the hw watchdog to cycle cgminer in the specific case if each miner unit reports 'OFF'.

That would help since there is an issue with cgminer and BFL singles where all the singles lose comms after a few hours.

I can't reliably use the pga avg utilization monitor to detect this condition since too high a setting will cycle cgminer when work restarts occur early on in the process lifetime.  If the process lifetime is long then it takes too long for avg utilization to come down.  At that point it could take tens of minutes for the wdog to detect an issue and cycle cgminer.
jddebug

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 04:46:57 AM

FYI.  cgminer 2.4.1 changed text for the current MH/s field  for BFL Singles when the units go offline.  The field will state 'OFF'.

If you wouldn't mind updating the hw watchdog to cycle cgminer in the specific case if each miner unit reports 'OFF'.

That would help since there is an issue with cgminer and BFL singles where all the singles lose comms after a few hours.

I can't reliably use the pga avg utilization monitor to detect this condition since too high a setting will cycle cgminer when work restarts occur early on in the process lifetime.  If the process lifetime is long then it takes too long for avg utilization to come down.  At that point it could take tens of minutes for the wdog to detect an issue and cycle cgminer.

I second this although I don't have my singles losing COM with gcminer. I did one time get the OFF reported and being able to have cgminer restart in that condition would be a great benefit.
NLA

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

How does I shot web?

View Profile
July 04, 2012, 07:40:20 PM

Program seems to work alright, but every now and then I do experience some crashing that akbash doesn't help with. But otherwise the program is fantastic. Are you in the market for some critique/feature requests?

• Yahoo is terrible (no forwarding/pop features for new users, messages occasionally make it through but many do not), can you add proper support for GMail?
  • Include FAQ with akbash download, as a readme (which it is)?
  • Support .bat as well as .lnk for launching cgminer?
  • Support attempting to reset network adapters before resorting to rebooting Windows?
  • Enable/Disable email status updates option, instead of "set it to infinity minutes" work-around?
  • Open source! Cheesy
  • Make the akbash output text more human readable?
  • Email a portion of the akbash log as an attachment in emails?

Hell, with just better email support I'd donate some coin your way.

If my post helped you in some way, please donate to 1NP2HfabXzq1BB288ymbgnLcGoeBsF7ahP. Smiley
jddebug

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 12:40:42 AM

Program seems to work alright, but every now and then I do experience some crashing that akbash doesn't help with. But otherwise the program is fantastic. Are you in the market for some critique/feature requests?

• Yahoo is terrible (no forwarding/pop features for new users, messages occasionally make it through but many do not), can you add proper support for GMail?
  • Include FAQ with akbash download, as a readme (which it is)?
  • Support .bat as well as .lnk for launching cgminer?
  • Support attempting to reset network adapters before resorting to rebooting Windows?
  • Enable/Disable email status updates option, instead of "set it to infinity minutes" work-around?
  • Open source! Cheesy
  • Make the akbash output text more human readable?
  • Email a portion of the akbash log as an attachment in emails?

Hell, with just better email support I'd donate some coin your way.

Thanks.  Could you post more details of cgminer crashes that akbash does not detect.  cgminer/akbash config files?

regarding your list:

- Yahoo is terrible (no forwarding/pop features for new users, messages occasionally make it through but many do not), can you add proper support for GMail?

I'll try to add/test with GMail in the next version.  I hate google, but most people like the co.  So sure, I can support it.

- Include FAQ with akbash download, as a readme (which it is)?

We'll do.

- Support .bat as well as .lnk for launching cgminer?

It should be supported now.  Let me know if it does not work for you.  Lnk is just an example of how to wrap a long command line, set working directory etc.

- Support attempting to reset network adapters before resorting to rebooting Windows?

Not sure how this would help.  Would need more info on the kind of problems you are experiencing. I could enable/disable network devices, but if your router is a toast, it is kinda beyond akbash reach.

- Enable/Disable email status updates option, instead of "set it to infinity minutes" work-around?

Already done in version 1.0.6

- Open source! Cheesy

For now, it is not an open source.  I don't see any reason why it would help anything.

- Make the akbash output text more human readable?

Need some examples.  The logs are programmer's logs. You can disable debug/verbose logs by pressing 0 or 1 (or change logging level in the config file).

- Email a portion of the akbash log as an attachment in emails?

How many "last bytes"?  Configurable?  The whole log?  Attachments, means MIME (multipart) etc.  Not sure if I want to get into this.
   Maybe last 2000 bytes sent only when a serious problem occurs?  Not sure, have to think about this one some more.

Most all of that sounds great. Looking forward to the next release.

NLA

Activity: 86

How does I shot web?

View Profile
July 10, 2012, 02:38:52 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2012, 03:12:04 PM by NLA

- Support .bat as well as .lnk for launching cgminer?

It should be supported now.  Let me know if it does not work for you.  Lnk is just an example of how to wrap a long command line, set working directory etc.
Ah, I just tried it and it works. I swear I tried it before and it didn't work, must be my mistake.

- Support attempting to reset network adapters before resorting to rebooting Windows?

Not sure how this would help.  Would need more info on the kind of problems you are experiencing. I could enable/disable network devices, but if your router is a toast, it is kinda beyond akbash reach.
Well, its an oddball issue with Windows Vista and 7 (maybe XP?) that some people are aware of, and some people aren't, so I'm not surprised you haven't run into it before. Microsoft reps have stated they've fixed the issue before, etc., but the problem still exists: the network adapter just stops working, and network access is lost unless the network adapter is disabled and re-enabled in Windows. After that, it works again just fine (until it stops working again). So it would be a good check to try disabling/re-enabling all network adapters before restarting Windows. I believe this can be done with a simple command in the command prompt, so you should be able to implement this fairly easily.

- Enable/Disable email status updates option, instead of "set it to infinity minutes" work-around?

Already done in version 1.0.6
Ah, I see it. It was kinda hidden in this big list of very-long-named options. Why not shorten the listen down to more simple terms, ie.

STRING "email-address", what email address to send to
BOOL "email-status", INT "email-status-interval", to email regular status updates
BOOL "email-OS-reboot", to email on OS reboot
BOOL "email-miner-reboot", to email on miner reboot

If email-address is empty or not valid, ignore values of other options. Simple, to-the-point, conveys meaning, easy-to-read, takes up little space. Same goes for all the other options in the config file.

- Email a portion of the akbash log as an attachment in emails?

How many "last bytes"?  Configurable?  The whole log?  Attachments, means MIME (multipart) etc.  Not sure if I want to get into this.
   Maybe last 2000 bytes sent only when a serious problem occurs?  Not sure, have to think about this one some more.
However many entries since the last one or two times that akbash was started, up to X number of kilobytes. Also, while we're at it, it would be great if akbash could have the option of splitting up the log files each time akbash is started and starts logging (ie. akbash_log.001.txt, akbash_log.002.txt, etc). Maybe even include the last Y number of logs with the email, maybe as a ZIP?

== BUG ==

Also, I've found a bug with akbash: will improperly detect GPU usage (somehow), misinterpret as 0% and restart the miner. I know it's a bug because I'm monitoring GPU usage with MSI Afterburner, and because the miner hash rate is fine all throughout the timeout period.

If my post helped you in some way, please donate to 1NP2HfabXzq1BB288ymbgnLcGoeBsF7ahP. Smiley
RandomQ

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 15, 2012, 10:40:07 PM

A tip for anyone using akbash and gmail.
the emails from akbash were getting marked as spam, you have to create a filter saying if email is from your email address do not make as spam.

also I was playing around with "wdog-list-ip" because it is used in the title of the emails that are sent to you.
I was playing around with setting it too a non IP address IE "Mining Rig 5" or "Mining.Rig.5.com"
it sends the email with the new Title on it but then crashes, not surprised because i'm giving it an invalid variable.
is there anyway I could disabled the remote status function and still allow it to use that computer name instead of the ip address for emails only.

I know my mining rigs are 192.168.11.50,.55,.60,.65 etc.

But when I go to my rack it make is easy to get an email saying rig 5 is down not 192.168.11.65.

So far Im pretty impressed with it.
Scared

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 20, 2012, 08:09:31 PM

I installed Akbash 1.0.6 on a windows 7 machine and i'm not able to determine why it won't run. When I click on the executable I see a DOS like window appear for a split second and then the application ends. I've checked the task manager and I don't see it running in the background. The path in configure file is set for the log file but the log file does not get generated.

Any have any suggestions?

Thanks
jjshabadoo

Activity: 535

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:18:05 PM

This looks great and I'd like to set it up. Can anyone point to a guide ?
poohbah

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 09:31:22 PM

My akbash install(s) stopped sending emails about a month ago. On rare occasions, one email might slip through. 99% of them don't seem to get sent at all.

The error is "unable to receive 250 response after sending of message body, rc: 550"

09/15/12 14:17:40 0x2d9c DBG sendEmailThread(): connected to email server for domain: 'gmail.com' waiting for 220 respon
se...
09/15/12 14:17:40 0x2d9c DBG sendEmailThread(): received 220 response. Sending EHLO Mike-PC command.
09/15/12 14:17:40 0x2d9c DBG sendEmailThread(): received 250 response. Sending MAIL FROM: <myemailaddress@gmail.com> comman
d.
09/15/12 14:17:40 0x2d9c DBG sendEmailThread(): received 250 response. Sending RCPT TO:<myemailaddress@gmail.com> command.
09/15/12 14:17:41 0x2d9c DBG sendEmailThread(): received 250 response. Sending DATA command.
09/15/12 14:17:41 0x2d9c DBG sendEmailThread(): received 354 response. Sending email headers and body.
09/15/12 14:17:41 0x2d9c DBG sendEmailThread(): received 354 response. Sending email headers and body. len: 997
09/15/12 14:17:41 0x2d9c SVR sendEmailThread(): unable to receive 250 response after sending of message body, rc: 550
09/15/12 14:17:41 0x2d9c INF sendEmailThread(): closing connection.
09/15/12 14:17:41 0x2d9c INF sendEmailThread(): exiting email thread: 0x2d9c

I think my cable provider marked me as a spammer. I've tried yahoo and live.com email addresses with the same result. If this is the problem, I can send emails through port 587 but not port 25. Is there a way to configure this on akbash?
http://help.rr.com/hmsfaqs/e_outboundPort25.aspx
RandomQ

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 10:41:54 AM

My akbash install(s) stopped sending emails about a month ago. On rare occasions, one email might slip through. 99% of them don't seem to get sent at all.

The error is "unable to receive 250 response after sending of message body, rc: 550"

I think my cable provider marked me as a spammer. I've tried yahoo and live.com email addresses with the same result. If this is the problem, I can send emails through port 587 but not port 25. Is there a way to configure this on akbash?
http://help.rr.com/hmsfaqs/e_outboundPort25.aspx

Call up your cable provider and ask if they are blocking Port 25, or Flagged you.(You will have to get to level 2 tech support or higher)

I've have this problem in the pass with different ISPs. One I was able to unblock my port, One told me they wouldn't do it and I don't them to cancel my service lol

If memory serves me correctly Port 465 is used when SSL is enabled so that may be another option.

Small List of providers that Block

AT&T (can be unblocked at the request)

MindSpring

BellSouth

MSN

CableOne

NetZero

Charter

People PC

Comcast ATTBI

Sprynet

Cox

Sympatico.ca

EarthLink

Verio

Flashnet

Verizon

MediaOne

hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:14:40 PM

USSA Grin

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
rbbrdckybk

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:07:10 PM

I'm interested in using akbash to monitor cgminer while mining litecoins; it looks like a great program. However, I get the following every time I use it:

04/11/13 18:03:12 0x1558 INF main(): checking miner status...
04/11/13 18:03:12 0x1558 ERR net_recvBytes(): WSARecv failed with error: 10053
04/11/13 18:03:12 0x1558 ERR sendCommand(): net_recvBytes() failed: -11
04/11/13 18:03:12 0x1558 SVR main(): unable to retrieve number of devices (GPU/PGA), waiting 30 seconds for

Akbash starts properly, detects that cgminer isn't running, properly starts cgminer up, but then this happens - looks like it's unable to properly communicate with cgminer. Akbash then kills cgminer, starts up a new instance, and the whole thing repeats.

I have the following in my cgminer startup script:

--api-listen --api-allow -W:127.0.0.1 --api-network

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing the problem? Is it because I'm using the --scrypt option to mine litecoins? I know this was intended as a monitor for bitcoin mining, but the cgminer output is pretty much the same...

Thanks!

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BC1BgMbaHFWArSHxTCNjTTFCeWt2pD9LRU
Tejsei3

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 06:29:07 AM

Interested in using this on my LTC miner, looks very promising.

Wondering if the kH/s vs. MH/s issue is a problem with LTC.

For example, you monitor MH/s and restart if it is below a given threshold with:

"miner-gpu-avg-rate-threshold" : "450",

My 7950 hashes between 500-650 kH/s so a setting of 450 kH/s as a threshold might work, so would I set the value to:

"miner-gpu-avg-rate-threshold" : "0.450",

Any other adjustments needed for scrypt mining?

Thanks,
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 05:47:22 PM

- project has been released as an open source under GNU General Public License Version 3 or later
I was waiting for this since the OP, over a year ago. A long wait, but glad to see.
shacky

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:31:32 AM

Hi af_newbie,

Thanks for this good software!

Im testing this one, to install on my 24 cluster of 4x7970!

I will post, if i find anything helpful,

Thanks, and kept the good work!
micabg

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 01:45:20 AM

Im not sleep 2 days,and steal dont now hot to start this program
Anyone help,user gauide for dump me : )
FiatKiller

Activity: 378