Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:33:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer  (Read 736723 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 07:14:38 PM

I added Berkeley DB to libjl777 so now telepods and cloud storage will be in standard database

you will have to do "make onetime" again to compile the latest version. It will make a storage directory and put public.db and private.db in there.

James

Thanks, worked just fine.

performance and stability seems to have improved a lot with the latest update.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 07:31:14 PM

Hi guys, I just wanted to post something about blocknet. I don't want to troll their thread, so I thought I'd post it here.

Here is their claim:

Code:
There are at least three fundamental differences between the Blocknet and Supernet:

- XBridge is not an RPC call protocol, it's a true P2P protocol
- There's no central or core currency, unlike SuperNET, which uses BTCD for this
- Joining the Blocknet does not involve 10% of a coin's money supply being bought and centrally controlled

1. SuperNET calls are made via rpc to the coin daemon, yet the network uses a kademlia dht, like bittorrent. Plus, is he saying that bitcoin is not 'true p2p' because it uses rpc calls? Does he think SuperNET has a point of centralization somewhere?

2. BitcoinDark is not 'the' central currency to SuperNET. Does he not realize that SuperNET runs on top of the NXT blockchain? BitcoinDark is the first coin with SuperNET integrated and has teleport, yes. Is he saying that individual coins cannot be integral parts of the network by offering their respective unique techs?

3. SuperNET purchased these coins on the open market, necessarily raising the NAV of the SuperNET asset.

Are the blocknet guys ignorant of the facts, or are they being intentionally misleading?
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 09:59:03 PM

Hi guys, I just wanted to post something about blocknet. I don't want to troll their thread, so I thought I'd post it here.

Here is their claim:

Code:
There are at least three fundamental differences between the Blocknet and Supernet:

- There's no central or core currency, unlike SuperNET, which uses BTCD for this
- Joining the Blocknet does not involve 10% of a coin's money supply being bought and centrally controlled

1. SuperNET calls are made via rpc to the coin daemon, yet the network uses a kademlia dht, like bittorrent. Plus, is he saying that bitcoin is not 'true p2p' because it uses rpc calls? Does he think SuperNET has a point of centralization somewhere?

2. BitcoinDark is not 'the' central currency to SuperNET. Does he not realize that SuperNET runs on top of the NXT blockchain? BitcoinDark is the first coin with SuperNET integrated and has teleport, yes. Is he saying that individual coins cannot be integral parts of the network by offering their respective unique techs?

3. SuperNET purchased these coins on the open market, necessarily raising the NAV of the SuperNET asset.

Are the blocknet guys ignorant of the facts, or are they being intentionally misleading?

They're both, ignorant and misleading and hoping the flashy graphics will pull in the like minded.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:32:24 PM

They're both, ignorant and misleading and hoping the flashy graphics will pull in the like minded.

I want to be charitable here, even if I have to remind myself at times to be so Wink , so I'd go with "more the former than the latter." As so may complainers & trolls have been so, uh, good as to inform us, doing proper due diligence on Supernet is a tough job that requires a fair bit of time and some smarts. (Myself, I had to take a full day to understand it.) So, really, it's easy for the blocknet boyz to be just plain ignorant of the Supernet facts - so easy, I have to peg it as the common-sensical choice.

[Not that I mind the complexity of the due diligence and the effort I put into it: exactly the opposite. Once Supernet takes off, the fact that I had to put in a day of solid work on the due diligence will certainly ease my conscience. Grin ]

As for "misleading," I'd peg it as hypesters hyping their own product. Since blocknet is clearly based on Supernet, they have a PR obstacle that they have to get around. They've decided to do so by hyping up what they consider is unique in their blocknet. As a Supernet HODLer myself, I wouldn't sweat it; it just sounds like they're pre-empting (or fielding) some awkward questions about their blocknet.

In fact, now that the subject of a pre-sale's been raised, I should poke around my own strapped finances to see if I can scrape up enough to buy some more UNITY...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:54:24 PM

Here is their claim:

Code:

Actually SuperNET will only have part of its tx on top of the NXT blockchain. A lot of tx will just be stored locally on each person's computer, with default encrypted cloud backups. So it isnt really a blockchain, more of a cloudchain or privatechain

Plus of course all the various coin's blockchains and ATOMIC. SuperNET is the farthest thing from being centralized, it will also connect enhanced BTC wallets. I think people still want to compare SuperNET to a single coin, but it is a network, so it cant fit into that comparison.

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
joebob999

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:59:50 PM

Look.  I think the SuperNET is borderline scammish and un needed.  But if SuperNET is scammish/scammy then BlockNET is a full blown scam.

Notice your thread isn't self moderated?  Notice they are pretty much stealing the idea of SuperNET and re-branding to raise money when their chat doesn't even work & they can't keep up with releasing to Mac & Linux clients (even though they sell a Linux stick?) 

They are desperate for more money and tired of doing coin reviews to pump other coins.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:34:18 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 07:54:53 AM by superresistant

Look.  I think the SuperNET is borderline scammish and un needed.  But if SuperNET is scammish/scammy then BlockNET is a full blown scam.
Notice your thread isn't self moderated?  Notice they are pretty much stealing the idea of SuperNET and re-branding to raise money when their chat doesn't even work & they can't keep up with releasing to Mac & Linux clients (even though they sell a Linux stick?) 
They are desperate for more money and tired of doing coin reviews to pump other coins.

I don't think SuperNET is borderline or unnecessary but I agree with the rest :
Some people are desperate for money. Buyer beware ! (of BlockNET and other SuperNET clones)
yeXIABC

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:40:03 AM

Look.  I think the SuperNET is borderline scammish and un needed.  But if SuperNET is scammish/scammy then BlockNET is a full blown scam.
Notice your thread isn't self moderated?  Notice they are pretty much stealing the idea of SuperNET and re-branding to raise money when their chat doesn't even work & they can't keep up with releasing to Mac & Linux clients (even though they sell a Linux stick?) 

Some people are desperate for money. Buyer beware !

Shocked
Trinibits

Activity: 635

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:11:08 AM

Look.  I think the SuperNET is borderline scammish and un needed.  But if SuperNET is scammish/scammy then BlockNET is a full blown scam.
Notice your thread isn't self moderated?  Notice they are pretty much stealing the idea of SuperNET and re-branding to raise money when their chat doesn't even work & they can't keep up with releasing to Mac & Linux clients (even though they sell a Linux stick?) 

Some people are desperate for money. Buyer beware ! (of BlockNET and other SuperNET clones)

You forgot to quote the last bit
apenzl

Activity: 396

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 02:02:16 PM

SuperNET Newsletter #4
http://nxter.org/supernet-newsletter-4/

cexylikepie

Activity: 779

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:52:46 PM

INB4 CHA pump. its at .0009 now
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:52:19 PM

blocknet  consisting of some sticking together shitcoins , just I don't understand what are shitcoins doing in this sewerage network? What are the features that will benefit?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
cassius69

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:00:19 PM

grouping shitcoins together ends up shitty

ASICHEAD

Activity: 552

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:09:22 PM

blocknet  consisting of some sticking together shitcoins , just I don't understand what are shitcoins doing in this sewerage network? What are the features that will benefit?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Turd camouflage for coins
+1000
Thanks for your help Wink

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 10:12:37 PM

Here is their claim:

Code:

Hi folks

Just to say thanks for this post. It's insightful and we'll use it to reword our statements about SuperNET in comparison to the Blocknet.

Also, my apologies for how things were worded in the Blocknet OP. It was my writing and I see that I glossed over some details worth bringing out.

Finally, I have a lot of respect for the SuperNET. It's a fascinating idea, and although we're taking a different route (telehash v.3; mesh rather than DHT, etc.), that doesn't mean the SuperNET is a cheap trick.

Personally I'd love it if Supernet wallets contain the XBridge someday...

Good night

Synechist

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
The_Future

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:34:14 AM

How can I invest in SuperNet?
visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:49:58 AM

How can I invest in SuperNet?

reading the first page of this thread is a good place to start

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

RichardT

Activity: 391

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:53:55 AM

Here is their claim:

Code:

Hi folks

Just to say thanks for this post. It's insightful and we'll use it to reword our statements about SuperNET in comparison to the Blocknet.

Also, my apologies for how things were worded in the Blocknet OP. It was my writing and I see that I glossed over some details worth bringing out.

Finally, I have a lot of respect for the SuperNET. It's a fascinating idea, and although we're taking a different route (telehash v.3; mesh rather than DHT, etc.), that doesn't mean the SuperNET is a cheap trick.

Good night

Synechist

How about giving James some credit rather than playing it off like it's all a brand new idea by XC devs
Aptidude

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:27:17 AM

Here is their claim:

Code:

Hi folks

Good night

Synechist

I propose we put a stop to all the hating.  It's making SuperNET and Bitcoindark look like we fear Blocknet.  I'm working on releasing HOLYFUCKNET, this net will integrate all the other nets together into one big-ass net.
mezzovide

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:35:32 AM

Well, im glad SuperNET have its competitor, it would be great for us!

Btc : 12LMdyWoyjJ1BZxfWmaZMWjTXn7S9y5EdK
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: