Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:36:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please test bitcoinsense.com (new ad service)  (Read 1626 times)
Andrew Bitcoiner (OP)

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2012, 07:37:44 PM

I am working on finishing up BitcoinSense.com in a couple days but would like to invite the community to test the service and get back to me with any issues or suggestions you think the site should have.

http://bitcoinsense.com/

Thanks!

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 07:43:03 PM

You forgot to link via Adf.ly.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 07:56:49 PM

You forgot to link via Adf.ly.
BlackJack! Flowers! News! Bittleships! Lottery! Merchants! And now..... an AdSense ripoff!

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 02:26:41 AM

Site is down?
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 02:48:32 AM

Yup, its down, that site didn't last long.

Serenata

Activity: 250

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 07:00:23 AM

It was up some hours earlier and I was eager to test but didn't have time then... Now it's down Sad Looking forward...

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 04:53:22 PM

Watch it with the name. If Google sees you, they will sue you. There is no legitimate reason for the word "sense" in the name other than to infringe on Google's trademark.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 05:07:08 PM

Not loading for me...
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 05:39:24 PM

Watch it with the name. If Google sees you, they will sue you. There is no legitimate reason for the word "sense" in the name other than to infringe on Google's trademark.

I don't believe Google has a trademark on the word "sense" or "bitcoin" but thanks for sharing.
Now you're just being naive.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 05:48:30 PM

Yep, it's certainly possible.  Read this excerpt from a trademark page:
A trademark represents the goodwill of a business or a particular manufacturer or producer. Trademark symbols provide powerful source-identifying cues that allow us to make value judgments about the quality of certain goods before we sample them. For example, when we see (and hear) Leo the Lion and the phrase "Ars Gratia Artis" at the beginning of a motion picture, we immediately associate this trademark with "MGM Studios," home of Garbo, Crawford, Gable Tracy and Hepburn, Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland. Similarly, when you see the distinctive shape of a bottle of "Coca-Cola" you know, without having to read the label, what is in inside.
http://www.copylaw.com/new_articles/trademrk.html

When people think of advertising, and hear "sense", they think of Google.  That is, your website could potentially be free-riding on the goodwill of that name.

I don't know how a court would rule on this, but if Google did sue, it would most certainly cost you quite a bundle in legal fees.

Tread carefully...
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 06:22:25 PM

yeah and then they need to sue the 677 million other sites with sense and advertising in their name http://bit.ly/JxsXZW   Shocked I also don't seem to recall google as involved in the bitcoin advertising business.  Kiss
It's not about having either of those words in the name.  It's about being in the same industry (which you and google adsense are, both being in the advertisement business), people associating an attribute of a trademark with a particular company, and then another company utilizing that attribute in their own name in order to get a free ride on the goodwill of the original company.

The reason you are using "sense" in your name (it is well known in the advertising realm) is the same reason it can get you in trouble with regards to trademark law.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue with you about it anymore.  You're certainly welcome to believe whatever you like regarding trademark laws and predict how a judge will rule.
evoorhees
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 06:32:44 PM

Still down for me... I'd really like to try it when it's ready.
evoorhees
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 09:45:17 PM

Hi, I paid but got this error message after confirmation:

Payment Received!
Warning: fopen(../adb/bids/4f9b0ee9a6beb) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/btc/public_html/BITCOINADVERTISERS.COM/confirm.phpon line 10

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in/home/btc/public_html/BITCOINADVERTISERS.COM/confirm.phpon line 11

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in/home/btc/public_html/BITCOINADVERTISERS.COM/confirm.phpon line 12

Warning: fopen(../adb/bidclicks/4f9b0ee9a6beb) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/btc/public_html/BITCOINADVERTISERS.COM/confirm.phpon line 14

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in/home/btc/public_html/BITCOINADVERTISERS.COM/confirm.phpon line 15

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in/home/btc/public_html/BITCOINADVERTISERS.COM/confirm.phpon line 16
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 03:40:09 AM

Your currently paying even less than Anonymous Ads https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=45664.0 think I'll give it a miss until you pay more.  Even with Anonymous Ads I've only earned 0.20BTC in the same time AdSense has paid me over £5.00

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: